Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

FOCUS ON OKOMFO ANOKYE

All about God and Gods

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

Re: OKOMFO ANOKYE DESERVES BETTER

Postby Kwacool21 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:38 pm

OPIAMENSA wrote:Kwame:
Your post makes my point. We must not allow ourselves the luxury of limiting the value of Okomfo Anokye's dealings with the creator to one post. In so doing we run the risk of becoming unwitting participants in the colonisation of our religions. We have to learn to stop selling ourselves short and begin to beat the drum of self-worth

The presence of Sikadwa Kofi at Manhyia is too much evidence to resign this giant of an African Godman to one post. The evidence that lives in Awukugua must not be allowed to collect historical dust. In fact, our schools and universities MUST study Okomfo Anokye. We MUST build a religion around this Godman whose unique deeds are there for all to see. We cannot assign him just one post on Ghanaweb.

It is ironic that a religion and tourist industry have been built around the Jewish Godman called Jesus while we are only too happy to remove Okomfo Anokye from school curriculum. A close look will reveal that most of the achievements of Jesus had been performed by other Godmen before he was born. Okomfo Anokye's achievements are unique to him and him only.

The Ashanti nation must take the lead in transforming this unique historical figure before the misguided christians who rule Ghana consign Okomfo Anokye to historical wilderness and academic exile.

Long Live Okomfo Anokye and Asanteman!! Long Live Ghana!!!

Agreed, Okomfo Anokye was a fascinating man and he must be studied.

For those who are interested Dr. A.A Antwi wrote a great book on the lives of Okomfo Anokye and Osei Tutu.

The most fascinating thing I learned from Dr. Antwi's book was that Okomfo Anokye worshipped the Creator directly and not through the gods. Although he did create gods, he never served them matter of fact he put other priests in charge of them. I wonder why? Did he do that to fulfill the selfish desires of man?

All in all Okomfo Anokye was a revolutionary, he attempted to turn right side up the environment he was living. Life from the Akan perspective is to fulfill our destiny, Okomfo Anokye created a foundation that would allow us to do so.
Kwacool21
Johnny Just Come
Johnny Just Come

Postby General Lucifer » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:23 pm

Gullible Born-again Ghanaians loath any idea of traditional worship through the African Akomfo prophets. These ancient medicine men and prophets have served as intermediary between God/gods and the Blackman for thousands of generations before the advent of the infectious Christian doctrine of dependability on a Savior-God for quality of life.

(I must say that it is not the worship of Gods that i am concern;it is the message that the problems of the blackman is sokved by 24/7 prayers,going to church 3 times a week,donating a tenth of your monthly wage to a God, begging God to keep the devil at bay; these and other similar self- defeating doctrines are at the core of my concern.)

Despite the failure of these christian doctrines of dependability on a God for ones well-being, advocates still continue to propagate not only the so-called good news but engage in the exploitation of the ignorant masses using the name of their christian deities.

In contrast to the self-proclaimed biblical Godmen of today, the Akomfo prophets of old,encouraged self-reliance,unity,respect of good traditional values,self-worth and the like. They did not tell their people they are filthy sinners and did not exploit their high position for personal gain. History tells us our forefathers,through the guidance of Akomfo, were morally superior than the folks of our christianity-infested age.

Now Isn't Black Africa,while rich in resources, the poorest continent on earth. If anything,the so-called good news of salvation and riches, preached by their money- hungry pastors, has made most christianity- infested africans more dependable on a God and hence unable to find ways to come out of their problems;
The Blackman had lost his creative spark.He is more into time wasting religiousity than productive creative pursuits hence his poor state of affairs. The ancient Africa priesthood promoted doctrines of self-reliance and can- do attitude.

No amount of prayers or worship of a God can lift him up unless the God-worshiping Blackman becomes wise enough to change his thinking about life and Gods. Sadly, this change isn't likely to happen; It is in the interest of money-making pastors to push worshipers deeper into the darkness of ignorance.

The western countries,while wisely and cautiously religious, are more able to solve their problems; they do not believe time-wasting worship related activities like 24/7 prayer sessions, casting out witchcraft,going to church every Sunday and giving a tenth of your sweat money to a God are the answers to their challenges.

Iit all comes to using your natural talents and skills effectuvely.It has nothing to do with a God since most non-God worships countries have excel in solving their own problems and enjoying a better quality of life far more than their bible-thumping counterparts in sub-saharan Africa.
General Lucifer
JSS
JSS

Postby Kwacool21 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:44 pm

General Lucifer wrote:
(I must say that it is not the worship of Gods that i am concern;it is the message that the problems of the blackman is sokved by 24/7 prayers,going to church 3 times a week,donating a tenth of your monthly wage to a God, begging God to keep the devil at bay; these and other similar self- defeating doctrines are at the core of my concern.)

Despite the failure of these christian doctrines of dependability on a God for ones well-being, advocates still continue to propagate not only the so-called good news but engage in the exploitation of the ignorant masses using the name of their christian deities.

In contrast to the self-proclaimed biblical Godmen of today, the Akomfo prophets of old,encouraged self-reliance,unity,respect of good traditional values,self-worth and the like. They did not tell their people they are filthy sinners and did not exploit their high position for personal gain. History tells us our forefathers,through the guidance of Akomfo, were morally superior than the folks of our christianity-infested age.

Now Isn't Black Africa,while rich in resources, the poorest continent on earth. If anything,the so-called good news of salvation and riches, preached by their money- hungry pastors, has made most christianity- infested africans more dependable on a God and hence unable to find ways to come out of their problems;
The Blackman had lost his creative spark.He is more into time wasting religiousity than productive creative pursuits hence his poor state of affairs. The ancient Africa priesthood promoted doctrines of self-reliance and can- do attitude.

No amount of prayers or worship of a God can lift him up unless the God-worshiping Blackman becomes wise enough to change his thinking about life and Gods. Sadly, this change isn't likely to happen; It is in the interest of money-making pastors to push worshipers deeper into the darkness.

I agree that the answer isn't just prayer or being in a holy facility, but it's about going through a transformation process. Prayer without consciousness is empty.

Some of our Pastors and Akomfos are exploiting our natural desire for instant gratification. I remember driving my wife's car and listening to a sermon she had playing, and the Pastor advised the congregation that the next time they go to the bank they should bypass the bank teller and pray straight to the vault so that the vault doors open up to them. Furthermore the Pastor prayed that everyone in the church will get a BMW. Not surprisingly the applauses were amazing. Personally those are things I dont pray for but to each and his own.

There are just as many shallow Akomfos as there are Pastors. The key thing is that you mentioned the Akomfos of old, because the ones I've experienced aren't any different than the con artist Pastors we have roaming around our country. I've seen more Akomfos divide families than unite.

Reading the excerpt of Kwasi Bempong's thesis opened my eyes, we're getting cheated spiritually and those who have the wisdom and insight of our traditional spirituality are dying, it's truly a barbarous magnificence.

I believe we need to revisit the old philosophy,our God wasn't thirsty for blood, witch hunting, flare or money it was about turning the world right side up, it's about fulfilling our God given mission.
Kwacool21
Johnny Just Come
Johnny Just Come

Return to Osofo Joint (religion)