Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Bekoe's Goal-King lead comes under Threat

Talk about the latest matches, your club, etc

Moderators: deciiva, kebashorificatious

Bekoe's Goal-King lead comes under Threat

Postby Turbulance Ze Cerezo » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:34 pm

The race for this season's premier league top scorer hottens up with two matches remaining as pressure mounts on Eric Bekoe to hold onto his lead.

Asante Kotoko striker,Eric Bekoe,has led the chart for since the begining of the season and still maintains the lead with 13 goals although having missed 7 games.

Liberty Professionals' Sam Ayew Yeboah and Heart of Lions' Dominic Adiyah are offering stiff opposition to the Kotoko marksman with 12 goals from 28 league games.

Injured Lions striker Emmanuel Osei-Banahene is third on the chart with 11 games and Sekondi Hasaacas David Anars who joined them during the mid-season transfer has bagged in 9 goals.

Kotoko play Zaytuna on Saturday and Bekoe can increase his tally against the team that is starred with relegation.
soccernet
Turbulance Ze Cerezo
MSc
MSc

Postby Ampesi » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:54 pm

Oh Ghana why.. :( :(

People dey win goalking with 13 goals.. :shock: :shock:

Sad story..
Ampesi
BSc
BSc

Postby papalove » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:58 pm

Ampesi wrote:Oh Ghana why.. :( :(

Sad story..

Midfielders posing as strikers!
papalove
MSc
MSc

Postby kofi188 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:15 pm

Sad story..

Sam Yeboah scored about fourteen goals despite playing all the matches for his team but he is said to be the goal king in Israel ( Am I correct?). Only 30 leg matches are played so if the goal king scores even fifteen goals for a rate of 1 in every two games, it is not bad. In England, if my memory serves me right, the goal-king scored around 22 goals in 38 matches, so please do not paint a gloomy picture here on the number of goals scored. I am not even going to mention the fact that the leading scorer missed about seven or more of those matches.
kofi188
BSc
BSc

Postby tilaw » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:22 pm

Eric Bekoe has missed 7 games and is still leading with 13 goals which is not bad at all yet some people are saying the nomber is low,hmm.The other day it was Dan Owusu saying 13 goals was not good enough to win the goal king forgetting that the league was not over and that Bekoe had missed 7 games.Dan Owusu should also remember that the fact that he used to score 22,23 goals per season does not mean the same thing should happen now cos the game has changed drastically.We should rather encourage and not discourage our players.
tilaw
SSS
SSS

Postby kwame suarez » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:34 pm

Sad story..

The guy could have increased the taly if had played the 7 games he missed because his assignment with the BS.
kwame suarez
MSc
MSc

Postby Marble Arch » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:11 pm

tilaw wrote:Eric Bekoe has missed 7 games and is still leading with 13 goals which is not bad at all yet some people are saying the nomber is low,hmm.The other day it was Dan Owusu saying 13 goals was not good enough to win the goal king forgetting that the league was not over and that Bekoe had missed 7 games.Dan Owusu should also remember that the fact that he used to score 22,23 goals per season does not mean the same thing should happen now cos the game has changed drastically.We should rather encourage and not discourage our players.

There are only 16 teams in the league now, making it 30 games per season. During Dan Owusu's time, there were 20 teams, making it 38 games. Also, to be fair to Bekoe, he has missed a significant number of matches. Overall, His scoring rate is as good as Dan Owusu.
Marble Arch
BSc
BSc

Postby keen observer » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:19 pm

Marble Arch wrote:
There are only 16 teams in the league now, making it 30 games per season. During Dan Owusu's time, there were 20 teams, making it 38 games. Also, to be fair to Bekoe, he has missed a significant number of matches. Overall, His scoring rate is as good as Dan Owusu.

Dan Owusu did it consistently for 3 seasons!! So don't even attempt to compare Bekoe to him!!
keen observer
Professor
Professor

Postby papalove » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:52 pm

Marble Arch wrote:
tilaw wrote:Eric Bekoe has missed 7 games and is still leading with 13 goals which is not bad at all yet some people are saying the nomber is low,hmm.The other day it was Dan Owusu saying 13 goals was not good enough to win the goal king forgetting that the league was not over and that Bekoe had missed 7 games.Dan Owusu should also remember that the fact that he used to score 22,23 goals per season does not mean the same thing should happen now cos the game has changed drastically.We should rather encourage and not discourage our players.

Please don't put Dan Owusu in same breath as Bekoe.
The chasm between them too great at this time!
papalove
MSc
MSc

Postby Turbulance Ze Cerezo » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:07 pm

Marble Arch wrote:

:roll:

How the F**k can Bekoe's Scoring Rate be as Good as Dan Owusu at present ? :roll:

What do you know about Dan Owusu's Scoring Rate ?

*How old were you and where the hell were you when Dan Owusu topped the League in 1974,1975 & 1976 with brut Force ?

See, some of you guys just fire "Loose Canons" !!
:roll:

Massa, go wash ya lips for Repentance !! :roll:
Turbulance Ze Cerezo
MSc
MSc

Postby Ampesi » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:50 pm

I guess Bekoe is shutting me up huh? He's scored two goals today... :D :D ..15 and counting!!
Ampesi
BSc
BSc

Postby Opotah » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:53 pm

Ampesi wrote:I guess Bekoe is shutting me up huh? He's scored two goals today... :D :D ..15 and counting!!

he will add another one and finish it off at Swedru...
got a wonderful 2nd goal :lol:
Opotah
MSc
MSc

Postby Papa Amoah » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:59 pm

keen observer wrote:
Marble Arch wrote:

Dan Owusu did it consistently for 3 seasons!! So don't even attempt to compare Bekoe to him!!

But Dan Owusu started from 1 before he did the 3 seasons.
Papa Amoah
BSc
BSc

Postby Opotah » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:03 pm

papaamoah wrote:
keen observer wrote:
Marble Arch wrote:

say it again....
the guy just started with Kotoko and for the first season he scored over 20goals in all competion........
he missed seven games or so...
Opotah
MSc
MSc

Postby keen observer » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:04 am

Opotah wrote:
papaamoah wrote:
keen observer wrote:
Marble Arch wrote:

say it again....
the guy just started with Kotoko and for the first season he scored over 20goals in all competion........
he missed seven games or so...

I was not the one comparing his conversion rate to Dan Owusu's..
keen observer
Professor
Professor

Postby tilaw » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:24 am

I don't even want to compare Dan Owusu and Eric Bekoe cos i only know about the latter and just read and/or was told stories about the former.But the fact that Dan Owusu scored 22,23 goals for three seasons does not make him a better player than Bekoe cos a whole lot af factors come into play here.First of all the game has changed ,for example,how effective was the offside rule in 1975.Also the league matches are being played every 3 or 4 days and i don't think that was happening back then,i stand for correction though.If my memory serves me right,Bekoe was in the top 3 goalscorers for last season so he is being consistent.
tilaw
SSS
SSS

Postby keen observer » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:22 am

tilaw wrote:I don't even want to compare Dan Owusu and Eric Bekoe cos i only know about the latter and just read and/or was told stories about the former.But the fact that Dan Owusu scored 22,23 goals for three seasons does not make him a better player than Bekoe cos a whole lot af factors come into play here.First of all the game has changed ,for example,how effective was the offside rule in 1975.Also the league matches are being played every 3 or 4 days and i don't think that was happening back then,i stand for correction though.If my memory serves me right,Bekoe was in the top 3 goalscorers for last season so he is being consistent.

Nonsense!! Do you know how much the game has changed? back in the day do you know how impossible it was to play in some of the centers? You think in that era this AK team could have gone to Wa and won a match without players and officials being hurt? Some of you just talk by heart..If the game has changed it has changed in favor of the strikers!! Think before you type!!

What Coleman did to him was something Dan Owusu had to deal with in every single match..You think that "sickler" would have survived in those days?
keen observer
Professor
Professor

Postby African » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:25 am

keen observer wrote:
tilaw wrote:I don't even want to compare Dan Owusu and Eric Bekoe cos i only know about the latter and just read and/or was told stories about the former.But the fact that Dan Owusu scored 22,23 goals for three seasons does not make him a better player than Bekoe cos a whole lot af factors come into play here.First of all the game has changed ,for example,how effective was the offside rule in 1975.Also the league matches are being played every 3 or 4 days and i don't think that was happening back then,i stand for correction though.If my memory serves me right,Bekoe was in the top 3 goalscorers for last season so he is being consistent.

Nonsense!! Do you know how much the game has changed? back in the day do you know how impossible it was to play in some of the centers? You think in that era this AK team could have gone to Wa and won a match without players and officials being hurt? Some of you just talk by heart..If the game has changed it has changed in favor of the strikers!! Think before you type!!

What Coleman did to him was something Dan Owusu had to deal with in every single match..You think that "sickler" would have survived in those days?

Keen Observer is either Dan Owusu, Kwasi Owusu (who is still recovering from the dirty slap he received from Okalla in 1978), a nephew of Dan Owusu or to say the least a Brong. He is related to Dan Owusu in some way.
African
MSc
MSc

Postby keen observer » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:18 pm

African wrote:[

Keen Observer is either Dan Owusu, Kwasi Owusu (who is still recovering from the dirty slap he received from Okalla in 1978), a nephew of Dan Owusu or to say the least a Brong. He is related to Dan Owusu in some way.

So all Brong's are related? :shock: :shock: :shock:
keen observer
Professor
Professor

Postby Turbulance Ze Cerezo » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:34 pm

keen observer wrote:

Nonsense!! Do you know how much the game has changed? back in the day do you know how impossible it was to play in some of the centers? You think in that era this AK team could have gone to Wa and won a match without players and officials being hurt? Some of you just talk by heart..If the game has changed it has changed in favor of the strikers!! Think before you type!!What Coleman did to him was something Dan Owusu had to deal with in every single match..You think that "sickler" would have survived in those days?

:lol: 3y3 as3m oooooo :roll:
Turbulance Ze Cerezo
MSc
MSc

Next

Return to Football