Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Ashawo Mercenary Coaches In Africa?

Talk about the latest matches, your club, etc

Moderators: deciiva, kebashorificatious

Postby keen observer » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:08 pm

Red Black Green wrote:Obviously, the choice of words is burning certain hypocrites (need I mention names?). Whatever the case, prove that these guys are neither ashawos nor mercenaries, or just get some cool aid and hush up.

This is a serious matter, so please don't take it personal.

The choice of words is burning your father!! Moron!! You can work abroad, but when some white man choses to work in Ghana, then he is ashawo!! You must be fvcking his ar-se together with your father to call him ashawo!! Kwasia!!
keen observer
Professor
Professor

Postby lethargy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:19 pm

Red Black Green wrote:Obviously, the choice of words is burning certain hypocrites (need I mention names?). Whatever the case, prove that these guys are neither ashawos nor mercenaries, or just get some cool aid and hush up.

ya choice of words is too partial. Jah ain't partial nor a hypocrite
lethargy
BSc
BSc

Postby Red Black Green » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:30 pm

lethargy wrote:

Care to elaborate, Bredrin?
Red Black Green
Jah Servant
Jah Servant

Postby lethargy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:37 pm

Red Black Green wrote:
lethargy wrote:

Using myself as an example, ok. I have worked in some 6 countries as at this moment. Sometimes I quit and sometimes I take a job because it fits into my idea of what I wanna achieve in life. I assume those coaches (as indeed club coaches and players) work for a living, which could be money, satisfactory working conditions or possibility to move up. If any or all of these conditions are not met, they are free to move. I do. Hope I made myself clear enough.
lethargy
BSc
BSc

Postby Red Black Green » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:41 pm

lethargy wrote:
Red Black Green wrote:
lethargy wrote:

Using myself as an example, ok. I have worked in some 6 countries as at this moment. Sometimes I quit and sometimes I take a job because it fits into my idea of what I wanna achieve in life. I assume those coaches (as indeed club coaches and players) work for a living, which could be money, satisfactory working conditions or possibility to move up. If any or all of these conditions are not met, they are free to move. I do. Hope I made myself clear enough.

My Lord
It matters very little what you and I do or think.

The fact of the matter is that whatever market forces apply in your case hardly exist when it comes to appointing NT coaches in Africa. Remember, I'm not talking about job mobility, so divorce yourself of bias/prejudice, and you just might see my point.

Sorry, those I've put up are ashawo mercenaries. Prove me wrong, King.
Red Black Green
Jah Servant
Jah Servant

Postby lethargy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:45 pm

Red Black Green wrote:
lethargy wrote:
Red Black Green wrote:
lethargy wrote:

My Lord

The fact of the matter is that whatever market forces apply in your case hardly exist when it comes to appointing NT coaches in Africa. Remember, I'm not talking about job mobility, so divorce yourself of bias/prejudice, and you just might see my point.

I can never convince you chief. Let's just call them by our choice of words, peace :idea:
lethargy
BSc
BSc

Postby keen observer » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:07 pm

Red Black Green wrote:
The fact of the matter is that whatever market forces apply in your case hardly exist when it comes to appointing NT coaches in Africa.

And do these coaches appoint themselves to these jobs in Africa?
keen observer
Professor
Professor

Postby Red Black Green » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:08 pm

lethargy wrote:
Red Black Green wrote:
lethargy wrote:
Red Black Green wrote:
lethargy wrote:

My Lord

I can never convince you chief. Let's just call them by our choice of words, peace :idea:

All you have to do is out-reason I. Prove me wrong, Majesty, please. I will apologize and jump on your bandwagon if you do show us how these coaches are neither ashawos nor mercenaries.
Red Black Green
Jah Servant
Jah Servant

Postby Red Black Green » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:47 pm

Milo has to be an ashawo mercenary -an overpriced one at that.
Red Black Green
Jah Servant
Jah Servant

Postby Red Black Green » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:15 pm

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... e&&cc=5901

Ancelotti would like to sign Beckham permanently

MILAN, Oct 25 (Reuters) - Loan target David Beckham would be welcome at AC Milan permanently, coach Carlo Ancelotti said on Saturday.

The Serie A club is in talks to bring the Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder to the San Siro on a three-month loan from January and although Beckham will return to the United States, Ancelotti said he would like to keep him.

"Yes, certainly," he told a news conference when asked if he was interested in signing the 33-year-old for good.

Beckham is considering joining Milan so that he can stay in contention for an England squad place during the U.S. Major League Soccer close season.

"We can confirm that talks are taking place with Milan with regard to a short-term loan move at the start of next year," a statement on Beckham's official website (www.davidbeckham.com) said on Friday.

"David very much remains a Galaxy player, and he will be in Los Angeles for the start of the 2009 MLS season (in March)."

Ancelotti said a short deal was still worthwhile.

"Perhaps we will only be useful to him because we will train him but he could be useful to us, even if it was only for one game," he said.

"We will not consider him a tourist but a fully-fledged player who will insert himself into the squad without problems and compete with the others."

Ancelotti said Beckham might go with Milan on a mid-season trip to Dubai at the end of December if the loan goes through.

In an earlier interview with Gazzetta dello Sport, Ancelotti said he once talked with Chelsea directors but never had the intention of leaving the San Siro, where he has been since 2001. He could be tempted away soon, however.

"I would like to coach an African national side at the 2010 World Cup," he said.
Red Black Green
Jah Servant
Jah Servant

Postby Red Black Green » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:35 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 691755.stm

Ancelotti eyes future in Africa

AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has revealed that he would like to be in charge of an African country at the 2010 World Cup.

The 48-year-old, who has participated in three World Cups, is keen on playing a role at the 2010 event to be held in South Africa.

Ancelotti is contracted to the Italian side until 2010 but insists he wants to be involved in the World Cup in two years' time.

"I would like to coach an African national side at the 2010 World Cup," Ancelotti said.

"I took part in the 1986 and 1990 World Cups as a player and in 1994 as assistant to (Arrigo) Sacchi and there is a fascinating atmosphere which I would like to experience again.

"Africa is producing talented players - players from that continent have great technical and physical resources.

"Maybe they are just lacking a bit of organisation, but maybe I can arrive and put things right, no?"

Ancelotti led Milan to the Champions League in 2003 and 2007 and the Serie A title in 2004 after joining them in 2001 from Juventus.

As a player, he helped the AC Milan to two Serie A titles and two European Cups, and he is one of only five men to have won the Champions League as both a player and a coach.

In 2007, he signed two-year contract extension to keep him at Milan until 2010.
Red Black Green
Jah Servant
Jah Servant

Postby Red Black Green » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:08 pm

Carlo Ancelotti expresses desire to manage Ivory Coast after AC Milan deal ends

The 49-year-old AC Milan coach is contracted to the Serie A club until 2010 but admitted that he wants to take charge as soon as his current deal expires.

Speaking at the prestigious Panchina D'Oro (Golden Bench) awards, he said: "I like African football. In 2010, when my contract expires, I would like to coach Ivory Coast.

"African football has enormous potential, although no one until now has been able to bring it out and it cannot be excluded that sometime tomorrow that person could be me. I'm well aware that there would be plenty of difficulties due to the different mentalities, but the challenge would be amazing."

Ancelotti believes that Ivory Coast are not just reliant on Chelsea's Didier Drogba and can find the right balance to challenge for major honours.

He added: "The Ivory Coast have a number of world class players other than the Chelsea forward. There are Salomon Kalou, Emmanuel Eboue as well as Yaya and Kolo Toure, who are potential World Champions, but the problem is that when they play together, for one reason or another, they aren't able to achieve all that they should."

Ivory Coast debuted in World Cup 2006 but failed to make it past the group stages behind Argentina and Holland.

At the awards ceremony, former Inter Milan manager Roberto Mancini was voted Serie A coach of the 2007-08 campaign, receiving the prestigious Panchina D'Oro.

The 43-year-old was selected by his Serie A and B peers as the ideal candidate to succeed Fiorentina tactician Cesare Prandelli, who won the prize in the previous two terms.

Mancini guided Inter to their third straight league title before being dismissed in the summer.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... tball.html
Red Black Green
Jah Servant
Jah Servant

Postby Red Black Green » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:14 am

At least most of the coaches at the AYC are African
Red Black Green
Jah Servant
Jah Servant

Postby Red Black Green » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:11 pm

Sudan, one of Ghana's Group opponents for the 2010 joint Nations Cup/World Cup qualifiers, have appointed Englishman Constantine Stephen as its new head coach for the next two years.

The Nile Crocodiles open their campaign at Omdurman against the Eagles of Mali on 28 March and then host Ghana on 20 June.

The former Millwall FC coach was also close to signing a contract with India's second division club Pune FC last year but the deal fell through after stalled negotiations.

Constantine's last job was at Malawi where he resigned following the lack of support from the administrators.

Stephen has also had stints with Nepal, India and Malawi.
Red Black Green
Jah Servant
Jah Servant

Postby Red Black Green » Mon May 31, 2010 1:14 pm

Algeria: Algerian Rabah Saadane

Cameroon: Frenchman Paul Le Guen

Côte d'Ivoire: Swede Sven-Goran Eriksson

Ghana: Serbian Milovan Rajevac

Nigeria: Swede Lars Lagerback

South Africa: Brazilian Carlos Alberto Parreira
Red Black Green
Jah Servant