Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Favourite Ghanaian Drink

Fufu, Banku, Kenkey and what more

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

Postby footballmaame » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:03 pm

Ksarp wrote:
footballmaame wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:Eehhiie :) , now favorite drink has somehow morhped into the occasional blood flow of women's tribute to nature :shock:

that is the beauty of interesting conversations....it can take any turn :lol: :lol:

Yup, that's how you spend three hours on the phone with your boo...talk about one thing and you run out of things to say...

are you speaking from experience...
footballmaame
SSS
SSS

Postby Ksarp » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:20 pm

footballmaame wrote:are you speaking from experience...

Yes boo.....
Ksarp
Phd
Phd

Postby *STOMP* » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:48 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: eeiii as3m oooo!!!
*STOMP*
BSc
BSc

Postby Mapepe » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:17 am

liha 8) :wink:
Mapepe
MSc
MSc

Postby footballmaame » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:47 pm

Krobo Many3 suzzy wrote:
Ksarp wrote:
footballmaame wrote:Biologically, this doesnt make sense to me. The human body is designed to withstand a lot of things. Under extreme duress or stress, that is possible, or sudden trauma to will cause a growing fetus to self terminate. However, I dont think a dose of high sugar will cause a fetus to disengage from the placenta and drop.. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Maybe we're not aware of some compound in the solution that's causing that, however, the next time you're mensturating, try taking in something with a high dosage of sugar, your flow is guranteed to double and the shedding of the uterine walls will increase too...

This things now make sense to me. my grandmother use to advice me tht when I mensturate, not to eat too much sugar food.. i think is because you bleed alot.. am sure whn u are pregnant in the early stages and u dose on sugar.. it melts the baby into blood and u bleed it out plenty. 8) 8) most girls have used like a ridiculous amount of suga to abort a baby

As i promised i said i will search for more information on this subject and report back. Sugar does NOT cause a woman to bleed a lot, biologically, that is impossible.
The menstrual cycle and mentruation is controlled by two main hormones...estrogen and progesterone. Hormones are biological messengers in the body...their presence OR absence tells the body what to do next. As such changing levels of estrogen and progesterone in blood during one cycle determines when ovulation will occur and when the lining of the uterus should shed as "blood flow (period). Estrogen is a hormone known to increase sugar/glucose receptors in the body when it is present in the blood, as such during the day -7 and day 12 of the cycle when estrogen levels are high in the body, the blood sugar/glucose levels decrease (more sugar is absorbed and insulin process the sugar faster). When estrogen is high in the blood, progesterone is low.

Low blood sugar causes the pre-menstrual symptoms of dizyness, nausea, craving for high sugar food etc. When blood sugar levels in body is too low, it triggers the release of adrenaline hormone, which is usually secreted in a "flight or risk situation". For instance when you are angry, overly exicted or scared adrenaline is released. Presence of adrenaline causes the increased heart rate, feelings or agression and irritability....Hence the famous PMS syndrome. :D :lol: The time when women have low levels of progestrone and increasing levels of estrogen. (Estrogen is not always bad it does some good things too...such as increase the sexual libido in women, puberty, englarged breasts...).

All the PMS symptoms experienced 7 days before your cycle starts is due to estrogen which leads to low levels of blood sugar....make the connection?

Consequently, between day 7-14 progesterone will hits its peak and decline slowly to a low level by day-14, During this time...day 12-day 15 when the levels of progesterone is decreasing, it signals the body to release an egg and that is when ovulation occurs. Once ovulation happens, the lining in the uterus starts to thicken with vascular cells and blood. Levels of estrogen starts to rise again...When no sperm fertilizes the egg, levels of estrogen continues to increase. Blood sugar gets low...etc..This will cause the lining of the uterus to shed as blood -"period". The cycle then repeats itself.
If a woman is experiencing heavy bleeding, (if the flow is heavier than what is regular) it is a symptom for a condition or something going wrong. The top causes of heavy bleeding are:
Contraceptive coil (IUD) - the coil can cause heavier, longer periods.
Injectable contraception (Depo Provera) - can cause heavy or prolonged bleeding.
Pelvic disorders:
Fibroids - these benign (not cancerous) growths in the muscular wall of the uterus are a common cause of heavy bleeding.
Polyps - these benign growths of the lining of the uterus may cause heavy bleeding but more commonly lead to spotting between or after periods.
Pelvic inflammatory disease - an infection in the reproductive tract which can cause infertility and chronic pain if untreated.
Endometriosis - a painful condition in which the lining of the uterus grows outside the uterus.
Endometrial hyperplasia - thickening of the lining of the uterus, leading to heavier bleeding.
Endometrial cancer - cancer of the lining of the uterus, causing heavy periods, bleeding between periods and blood-stained vaginal discharge. Rare, but more common in women after the menopause.
Blood and hormonal conditions:
Hormone imbalances - can stop ovulation (egg release) leading to build-up of endometrium and heavier periods.
Hypothyroidism - an underactive thyroid gland can cause heavier periods.
Blood clotting disorders.
Use of anticoagulant drugs.

It should be noted that about 10-14% of women naturally experience heavy flow not related to any condition or cause.....
see http://www.womenshealthlondon.org.uk/le ... eding.html
http://www.fwhc.org/health/moon.htm
(for more information about the female cycle).

So i hope this clears up the myth of sugar/glucose increasing heavy flow in women to the extent of "melting" babies for abortion etc :shock: :shock: ..... It is all a myth....
footballmaame
SSS
SSS

Postby Janet » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:00 pm

footballmaame wrote:
Krobo Many3 suzzy wrote:
Ksarp wrote:
footballmaame wrote:Biologically, this doesnt make sense to me. The human body is designed to withstand a lot of things. Under extreme duress or stress, that is possible, or sudden trauma to will cause a growing fetus to self terminate. However, I dont think a dose of high sugar will cause a fetus to disengage from the placenta and drop.. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Maybe we're not aware of some compound in the solution that's causing that, however, the next time you're mensturating, try taking in something with a high dosage of sugar, your flow is guranteed to double and the shedding of the uterine walls will increase too...

This things now make sense to me. my grandmother use to advice me tht when I mensturate, not to eat too much sugar food.. i think is because you bleed alot.. am sure whn u are pregnant in the early stages and u dose on sugar.. it melts the baby into blood and u bleed it out plenty. 8) 8) most girls have used like a ridiculous amount of suga to abort a baby

As i promised i said i will search for more information on this subject and report back. Sugar does NOT cause a woman to bleed a lot, biologically, that is impossible.
The menstrual cycle and mentruation is controlled by two main hormones...estrogen and progesterone. Hormones are biological messengers in the body...their presence OR absence tells the body what to do next. As such changing levels of estrogen and progesterone in blood during one cycle determines when ovulation will occur and when the lining of the uterus should shed as "blood flow (period). Estrogen is a hormone known to increase sugar/glucose receptors in the body when it is present in the blood, as such during the day -7 and day 12 of the cycle when estrogen levels are high in the body, the blood sugar/glucose levels decrease (more sugar is absorbed and insulin process the sugar faster). When estrogen is high in the blood, progesterone is low.

Low blood sugar causes the pre-menstrual symptoms of dizyness, nausea, craving for high sugar food etc. When blood sugar levels in body is too low, it triggers the release of adrenaline hormone, which is usually secreted in a "flight or risk situation". For instance when you are angry, overly exicted or scared adrenaline is released. Presence of adrenaline causes the increased heart rate, feelings or agression and irritability....Hence the famous PMS syndrome. :D :lol: The time when women have low levels of progestrone and increasing levels of estrogen. (Estrogen is not always bad it does some good things too...such as increase the sexual libido in women, puberty, englarged breasts...).

All the PMS symptoms experienced 7 days before your cycle starts is due to estrogen which leads to low levels of blood sugar....make the connection?

Consequently, between day 7-14 progesterone will hits its peak and decline slowly to a low level by day-14, During this time...day 12-day 15 when the levels of progesterone is decreasing, it signals the body to release an egg and that is when ovulation occurs. Once ovulation happens, the lining in the uterus starts to thicken with vascular cells and blood. Levels of estrogen starts to rise again...When no sperm fertilizes the egg, levels of estrogen continues to increase. Blood sugar gets low...etc..This will cause the lining of the uterus to shed as blood -"period". The cycle then repeats itself.
If a woman is experiencing heavy bleeding, (if the flow is heavier than what is regular) it is a symptom for a condition or something going wrong. The top causes of heavy bleeding are:
Injectable contraception (Depo Provera) - can cause heavy or prolonged bleeding.
Pelvic disorders:
Fibroids - these benign (not cancerous) growths in the muscular wall of the uterus are a common cause of heavy bleeding.
Polyps - these benign growths of the lining of the uterus may cause heavy bleeding but more commonly lead to spotting between or after periods.
Pelvic inflammatory disease - an infection in the reproductive tract which can cause infertility and chronic pain if untreated.
Endometriosis - a painful condition in which the lining of the uterus grows outside the uterus.
Endometrial hyperplasia - thickening of the lining of the uterus, leading to heavier bleeding.
Endometrial cancer - cancer of the lining of the uterus, causing heavy periods, bleeding between periods and blood-stained vaginal discharge. Rare, but more common in women after the menopause.
Hormone imbalances - can stop ovulation (egg release) leading to build-up of endometrium and heavier periods.

It should be noted that about 10-14% of women naturally experience heavy flow not related to any condition or cause.....

So i hope this clears up the myth of sugar/glucose increasing heavy flow in women to the extent of "melting" babies for abortion etc :shock: :shock: ..... It is all a myth....

Thanks for all the detailed information. I have one thing to add about the IUD and heavy bleeding. It's the old copper-T IUD that makes women have heavy periods. The newer, plastic IUD does not cause this; in fact, it makes periods much lighter.
Janet
BSc
BSc

Postby Krobo Many3 suzzy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:25 pm

footballmaame wrote:
Krobo Many3 suzzy wrote:
Ksarp wrote:

Pelvic disorders:

thnks for the Info maame. if i meet you one day, i would love us to conduct the experiment. either u take the sugar (olonka) or I take the sugar and we would observe and draw final conclu. wht do u say??
Krobo Many3 suzzy
SSS
SSS

Postby footballmaame » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:29 pm

Krobo Many3 suzzy wrote:
footballmaame wrote:
Krobo Many3 suzzy wrote:
Ksarp wrote:

Pelvic disorders:

thnks for the Info maame. if i meet you one day, i would love us to conduct the experiment. either u take the sugar (olonka) or I take the sugar and we would observe and draw final conclu. wht do u say??

Now why on earth would i want to subject myself to that :shock: ...an Alonka of sugar will give me chronic diabetes....
footballmaame
SSS
SSS

Postby Krobo Many3 suzzy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:35 pm

footballmaame wrote:
Krobo Many3 suzzy wrote:
footballmaame wrote:
Krobo Many3 suzzy wrote:
Ksarp wrote:

Pelvic disorders:

Now why on earth would i want to subject myself to that :shock: ...an Alonka of sugar will give me chronic diabetes....

lol.. i was jokin :D :D :D
Krobo Many3 suzzy
SSS
SSS

Postby footballmaame » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:44 pm

lol.. i was jokin :D :D :D

I know you were joking...but that would be some serious sugar consumption.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
footballmaame
SSS
SSS

Postby Ksarp » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:42 pm

footballmaame wrote:So i hope this clears up the myth of sugar/glucose increasing heavy flow in women to the extent of "melting" babies for abortion etc :shock: :shock: ..... It is all a myth....

Maybe I am dsylexic(sP), but I couldn't read all that. Can you paraphrase? I wonder if it's genetic too. Aren't the subjects of these findings typical Oburonis?

But can you test it on yourself?
Ksarp
Phd
Phd

Postby Janet » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:53 pm

Ksarp wrote:
footballmaame wrote:So i hope this clears up the myth of sugar/glucose increasing heavy flow in women to the extent of "melting" babies for abortion etc :shock: :shock: ..... It is all a myth....

Maybe I am dsylexic(sP), but I couldn't read all that. Can you paraphrase? I wonder if it's genetic too. Aren't the subjects of these findings typical Oburonis?

Oh brother. The only guy who bothers to respond to Footballmaame's posting needs the Cliff's Notes version. :lol:
Janet
BSc
BSc

Postby Ksarp » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:41 pm

Janet wrote:Oh brother. The only guy who bothers to respond to Footballmaame's posting needs the Cliff's Notes version. :lol:

I am male after all, which means I need a summary, not details...Maybe Q might have a a different tune since he's in touch with y'all more than me.
Ksarp
Phd
Phd

Postby *STOMP* » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:46 pm

Janet wrote:
Ksarp wrote:

Oh brother. The only guy who bothers to respond to Footballmaame's posting needs the Cliff's Notes version. :lol:
The brother is in an acerelated form of heat thx to footballmaame sending him her picture :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
*STOMP*
BSc
BSc

Postby *STOMP* » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:48 pm

:shock: :shock: so all this long talk is about abortion

huh :roll: :roll:
*STOMP*
BSc
BSc

Postby footballmaame » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:40 pm

*STOMP* wrote:
Janet wrote:
Ksarp wrote:

The brother is in an acerelated form of heat thx to footballmaame sending him her picture :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stomp...if you want me to consider you for the position of footballmaame's cyber mpona...then you gotta behave.... :lol: :lol:
footballmaame
SSS
SSS

Postby *STOMP* » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:43 am

footballmaame wrote:
*STOMP* wrote:
Janet wrote:
Ksarp wrote:

Stomp...if you want me to consider you for the position of footballmaame's cyber mpona...then you gotta behave.... :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: sorry but i don't do cyber
*STOMP*
BSc
BSc

Postby footballmaame » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:40 pm

*STOMP* wrote:
footballmaame wrote:
*STOMP* wrote:
Janet wrote:
Ksarp wrote:

:lol: :lol: sorry but i don't do cyber

:D :D :D :D :D Really.???
footballmaame
SSS
SSS

Postby *STOMP* » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:34 am

footballmaame wrote:
:D :D :D :D :D Really.???

Try me 8)
*STOMP*
BSc
BSc