Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Action speaks louder than words; Just Sharing info with you

Discuss investment opportunies in Ghana and other financial issues

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

Action speaks louder than words; Just Sharing info with you

Postby Minister of Finance » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:36 pm

Just saw this and want to share this with you.

GOIL has offered their shares to the public, please please please buy some now. You will thank me later.

Ghana Oil Company Limited (GOIL) is offering 42.7 per cent of its shares to the public to raise GH¢17.96 million (¢179.63 billion)to carry out a three-pronged programme.

Ghana Oil Company Limited (GOIL) is offering 42.7 per cent of its shares to the public to raise GH¢17.96 million (¢179.63 billion) to carry out a programme of reinvigoration, rehabilitation and expansion.

The initial public offer (IPO) of the oil marketing company, the first by a state-owned enterprise, is going for Gp20 (¢2,000) per share and prospective buyers could subscribe a minimum of 300 shares, at GH¢60 (¢600,000) and thereafter in multiples of 100 shares.

The offer is being made to individuals and institutions resident in Ghana, individuals and institutions in a limited number of foreign jurisdictions whose laws allow them to invest under the terms of the offer.

ImageClick here to see Video

Deciiva & Keba I have already posted this on the SUSU forum, just trying to raise awareness. Give this thread some time to breath.
Last edited by Minister of Finance on Sun May 20, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minister of Finance
BSc
BSc

Postby niidawg3 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:39 pm

boss, good tip.

how do we purchase it if we are out of the country?
niidawg3
MSc
MSc

Postby truemamamia » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:39 pm

U forgot to explain to us...why shd we buy it??? :idea:
Last edited by truemamamia on Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Postby Minister of Finance » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:48 pm

Thess Banks can help you buy shares in Ghana.

http://www.databankgroup.com/
http://www.firstatlanticbank.com.gh/rates.htm

ECOBANK can help too.

What I did was, I have an account with Baclays so they act on my behalf.

Also I called my cousin whom I send money to buy some on my behalf (Of course I had give her money for T&T).
Last edited by Minister of Finance on Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minister of Finance
BSc
BSc

Postby kusimens » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:57 pm

(Of course I had give her money for T&T).[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kusimens
SSS
SSS

Postby Nanasei-Coach Appiah #1Fa » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:23 pm

Minister of Finance wrote:This Bank can help you buy shares in Ghana.

http://www.databankgroup.com/

ECOBANK can help too.

What I did was, I have an account with Baclays so they act on my behalf.

Also I called my cousin whom I send money to buy some on my behalf (Of course I had give her money for T&T).

boss thank you.. I'm in the process of purchasing my shares
Nanasei-Coach Appiah #1Fa
BSc
BSc

Re: Action speaks louder than words; Just Sharing info with

Postby BERES » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:35 pm

Minister of Finance wrote:Just saw this and want to share this with you.

GOIL has offered their shares to the public, please please please buy some now. You will thank me later.

60GH Cedies, I know you can at least purchase that.

Deciiva & Keba I have already posted this on the SUSU forum, just trying to raise awareness. Give this thread some time to breath.

I hope they r paying u commission ! :roll:
BERES
BSc
BSc

Postby kusimens » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:44 pm

BERES wrote:

wetin be your own now my brother?
kusimens
SSS
SSS

Postby niidawg3 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:48 pm

truemamamia wrote:U forgot to explain to us...why shd we buy it??? :idea:

good question.
niidawg3
MSc
MSc

Postby Omama Kwaku » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:33 pm

Is the company own by Ghanaians and operated in Ghana???
Omama Kwaku
MSc
MSc

Postby Nanasei-Coach Appiah #1Fa » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:38 pm

Omama Kwaku wrote:

[url=

Massa they guy has open the door for you. Why don't you reaserch yourself. The internet is a very powerful tool. Where in the mans post did he say he was an agent of GOIL. He just saw something worthy and is sharing. Get of your asssssss and investigate if u are inetrested.
Nanasei-Coach Appiah #1Fa
BSc
BSc

Postby Omama Kwaku » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:44 pm

Bigz wrote:
Omama Kwaku wrote:

[url=

Massa they guy has open the door for you. Why don't you reaserch yourself. The internet is a very powerful tool. Where in the mans post did he say he was an agent of GOIL. He just saw something worthy and is sharing. Get of your asssssss and investigate if u are inetrested.

Chelley go %$#@ yourself, if you don't have the answer move on and stop posting stupic stuff
Omama Kwaku
MSc
MSc

Postby Minister of Finance » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:14 pm

Omama Kwaku wrote:

Read about them on the link below.
http://goilonline.com/web/

This is previous preformance (not current but better than nothing)
http://www.secghana.org/news/2006/GOIL% ... public.asp

IPO
http://www.africanselect.com/scripts/cg ... e-id=17955
Minister of Finance
BSc
BSc

Postby Minister of Finance » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:26 pm

There is an Investment club in the US, please contact them to help you invest your money.

www.gicghana.com

PLEASE MAKE SOUND JUDGEMENT; DON'T GIVE YOUR MONEY TO ANYBODY UNLESS YOU CAN VERIFY INFORMATIONS.
Minister of Finance
BSc
BSc

Postby Minister of Finance » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:42 pm

BERES wrote:

My commission, is the smile on the face of Mother Ghana. :lol:
Minister of Finance
BSc
BSc

Postby MacBride » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:58 pm

Thanks, boss. I ignored one of these some years ago and really regretted later - made me understand te Bible quotation made by Bob Marley - "In the abundance of water, the fuul is thirsty"

At 60 cedis a share (MoF, new or old cedis so we can see value in US$) if you buy 1,000 shares and the value of your shares go up by 3% a year for 5 years, work out the maths.
MacBride
BSc
BSc

Postby Minister of Finance » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:33 pm

Mcbride Again wrote:Thanks, boss. I ignored one of these some years ago and really regretted later - made me understand te Bible quotation made by Bob Marley - "In the abundance of water, the fuul is thirsty"

At 60 cedis a share (MoF, new or old cedis so we can see value in US$) if you buy 1,000 shares and the value of your shares go up by 3% a year for 5 years, work out the maths.

60GH Cedies or 600,000 Cedies and I think you get 300 shares.
Minister of Finance
BSc
BSc

Postby Tit 4 Tat » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:02 am

Invest in Ghana stocks in this 21st century? I'd rather buy 419 stocks from the internet! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tit 4 Tat
BSc
BSc

Postby truemamamia » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:03 am

Ghana Oil Company Limited (GOIL) is offering 42.7 per cent of its shares to the public to raise GH¢17.96 million (¢179.63 billion)to carry out a three-pronged programme.

Ghana Oil Company Limited (GOIL) is offering 42.7 per cent of its shares to the public to raise GH¢17.96 million (¢179.63 billion) to carry out a programme of reinvigoration, rehabilitation and expansion.

The initial public offer (IPO) of the oil marketing company, the first by a state-owned enterprise, is going for Gp20 (¢2,000) per share and prospective buyers could subscribe a minimum of 300 shares, at GH¢60 (¢600,000) and thereafter in multiples of 100 shares.

The offer is being made to individuals and institutions resident in Ghana, individuals and institutions in a limited number of foreign jurisdictions whose laws allow them to invest under the terms of the offer.

In the event of an over-subscription, more than 12.9 million additional shares would be issued to bring the total shares on offer to 49 per cent, in an exercise which kicked off yesterday and expected to end on October 5, this year.

Interestingly, the offer has the Employee Ownership Plan to cede up to five per cent of the ownership to employees of the company, similar to what large international companies such as Google, Microsoft and Ghana’s Mechanical Lloyd are noted for.

The government, in its budgets two years ago, announced plans to divest itself considerably of some state-owned enterprises to enable the public to invest in them and also raise funds for national development.

The Managing Director of the company, Mr Yaw Agyemang-Duah, said GOIL would be entitled to GH¢5 million (¢50 billion) of the proceeds to modernise and revamp selected stations, rehabilite and expand identified storage depots and diversify the company’s business areas.

He said the rest of the money, about ¢129 billion, would go to the government as the sole owner of the company.

The company, leader in the liquefied petroleum gas market, would expand that market by constructing a bigger storage facility, which would be linked directly to the port so as to extend its reach and ensure supply stability in the market.

It would also venture into the aviation fuel business for the first time, consolidate its bitumen business and prepare to take advantage of the natural gas to be pumped into the country under the West African Gas Pipeline Project.

The Minister of Finance and Economic Planning, Mr Kwadwo Baah-Wiredu, who launched the offer, advised Ghanaians to take advantage of it, as well as others in the pipeline, to invest into the future.

He said in addition to such floatation which the government intended to use to deepen the stock market, it was also working on automating the exchange and providing other resources to enable it to play its role meaningfully.

An economic advisor at the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning, Dr Sam Mensah, said the State Insurance Company Limited (SIC) was also gearing up for a similar exercise by next month.

Story by Samuel Doe Ablordeppey
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Postby Minister of Finance » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:56 am

Any time you get an investment take advantage of it...

Use the Interest Calculator to determine what the future price of this is going to be.

Run a rate of 12% by the number of years that you want to wait. Make it simple on yourself.
Minister of Finance
BSc
BSc

Next

Return to Susu