Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

New Ghana Cedi = $1 (Players Salaries and such)

Discuss investment opportunies in Ghana and other financial issues

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

New Ghana Cedi = $1 (Players Salaries and such)

Postby Pax Africana » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:02 pm

Wouldn't it be prudent to take advantage of the introduction of the new currency to re-vamp the salary structure within our local leagues too....

Not trying to sound smart or anything like that....But wouldn't it be wise talk about these issues now (i.e. caps on salaries, TV rights etc) on the back of this news??? Our economy is set to take off and our leagues should grow with it (hopefully not at the inflation rate :lol: ), abi???

My two cents, whats yours??
Pax Africana
BSc
BSc

Postby Ekelksupa™ » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:04 pm

It wud be a step in the right direction...but damn...herrr One cedi paa = $1 ...Afei diee ebe ye yie :lol:
Ekelksupa™
Otumfuo of the House
Otumfuo of the House

Postby Akokora Gyeene » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:22 pm

Apuskleke wrote:It wud be a step in the right direction...but damn...herrr One cedi paa = $1 ...Afei diee ebe ye yie :lol:

Masser God Willing, I will be going to Ghana next year, but ma ti se current 1000 cedis =1 cedis next year which would mean that about 10 cedis = $1
this is still better, cus I won't have to carry a sack or nothing when I got to change my money at the bank. Can you imagine changing $1000 for you and your boys to go out on the town? It's like you're carrying a sack of banche :lol: :lol: :shock:
Akokora Gyeene
Phd
Phd

Postby Oba_temp » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:24 pm

When is the currency getting revalued?
Oba_temp
SSS
SSS

Postby Akokora Gyeene » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:26 pm

Oba_temp wrote:When is the currency getting revalued?

I understand sometime in July 07 :?: :D
Akokora Gyeene
Phd
Phd

Postby Ekelksupa™ » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:28 pm

Akokora Gyeene wrote:
Apuskleke wrote:It wud be a step in the right direction...but damn...herrr One cedi paa = $1 ...Afei diee ebe ye yie :lol:

Masser God Willing, I will be going to Ghana next year, but ma ti se current 1000 cedis =1 cedis next year which would mean that about 10 cedis = $1
this is still better, cus I won't have to carry a sack or nothing when I got to change my money at the bank. Can you imagine changing $1000 for you and your boys to go out on the town? It's like you're carrying a sack of banche :lol: :lol: :shock:

boyyy!!! this is heavy waa :lol:
I have to re-decide my entry to Ogyakrom
Initially I planned on 2012...Mate so 2 yrs
2010..I go appear livee and coloured God willing
Ekelksupa™
Otumfuo of the House
Otumfuo of the House

Postby deciiva » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:30 pm

Akokora Gyeene wrote:

They are pegging it to the dollar? :D

Wow!!

Personally, i have been thinking about cancellation of some of the zeroes on our money for a long time and finally something is happening

Yay!! :D :D
deciiva

Postby Pax Africana » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:31 pm

Not getting revalued......Introduction of a new currency denomination. 10,000 Current Cedis = 1 New Ghana Cedi.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=114593
Pax Africana
BSc
BSc

Postby deciiva » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:32 pm

Apuskleke wrote:
Akokora Gyeene wrote:

Papa Samo ko wo krom na awo be ku wo
deciiva

Postby Ekelksupa™ » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:36 pm

deciiva wrote:
Apuskleke wrote:
Akokora Gyeene wrote:

We dey in this together meboa
When was the last time you saw "Anwia kokoo" or
stream water? :lol:

Who knows, I might be better than you considering the
fact that, I was in Ghana 7 yrs ago :lol:
Ekelksupa™
Otumfuo of the House
Otumfuo of the House

Postby Akokora Gyeene » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:36 pm

deciiva wrote:
Akokora Gyeene wrote:

They are pegging it to the dollar? :D

Wow!!

Personally, i have been thinking about cancellation of some of the zeroes on our money for a long time and finally something is happening

Yay!! :D :D

They have still got to do something about the inflation though, every time fuel prices raise a bit all prices go up exponentially and not in correlation to the change in fuel prices. Zimbabwe tried it and it was still useless.
Hopefully Ghana’s Dept relief would make a difference and give value to Ghana’s government ability to back the Cedi.
Akokora Gyeene
Phd
Phd

Postby Pax Africana » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:36 pm

deciiva wrote:
Apuskleke wrote:
Akokora Gyeene wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I hear that song kyee pass!!!
Pax Africana
BSc
BSc

Postby Akokora Gyeene » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:38 pm

Does this mean our local playes are still going to receive their payment like they do now? I mean like 10 million cedis a month? :lol:
Akokora Gyeene
Phd
Phd

Postby deciiva » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:42 pm

Apuskleke wrote:
deciiva wrote:
Apuskleke wrote:
Akokora Gyeene wrote:

Apus i go Ghana 3 years ago. Next year i dey go

I used to go every year or even 2x a year until i cancelled it idea in 2003

I was getting lazy with all the hustle and transits thru Rome or Amsterdam, because shamefully i swore never to take Ghana Airways when i was in Legon, so i never got straight flights to here from Ghana and it's far you know

But it looks like some gloom bi, has lifted from my mood suddenly because like i said I have been thinking of knocking down the zeroes, but we don't have a business forum to discuss economic and business stuff like we have for our football here, so i kept it to myself

But oh boy, am i happy today!
Last edited by deciiva on Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deciiva

Postby ZONE4C » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:43 pm

...I thought some of you guys here had a knowledge of economy ... can envisage the negative impact this will have on our economy ?

Just reason for a while ... why do most of us prefere spending holidays in Ghana rather than Europe .... , why do US companies prefere to produce in China rather than California ?

Because the value of the dollar over the local currency makes it suitable .. but of $1 = 1 new Ghana cedis ... why should I choose to spend my $ 1 in Ghana instead of Australia where I can get a better service for my Dollar.

Remember what happened to Argentina ... pegging the pesos to the dollar ... I personal think this is the stupiest economic act of the 21th century ....
ZONE4C
BSc
BSc

Postby Ekelksupa™ » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:45 pm

deciiva wrote:
Apuskleke wrote:
deciiva wrote:
Apuskleke wrote:
Akokora Gyeene wrote:

I was getting lazy with all the hustle and transits thru Rome or Amsterdam, because shamefully i swore never to take Ghana Airways when i was in Legon, so i never got straight flights to here from Ghana and it's far you know

But it looks like some gllom bi, has lifted from my mood suddenly because like i said I have been thinking of knocking down the zeroes, but we don't have a business forum to discuss economic and business stuff like we have for our football here, so i kept it to myself

Deciiva, wei diee meka me Agya to se woboa..Kaii :lol:
Ekelksupa™
Otumfuo of the House
Otumfuo of the House

Postby Akokora Gyeene » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:47 pm

deciiva wrote:
Apuskleke wrote:
deciiva wrote:
Apuskleke wrote:
Akokora Gyeene wrote:

But it looks like some gloom bi, has lifted from my mood suddenly because like i said I have been thinking of knocking down the zeroes, but we don't have a business forum to discuss economic and business stuff like we have for our football here, so i kept it to myself

masser when are you planning to touch down? me too i get some 3tw3 bi to chop for home, it's been waiting too long, perhaps I will touch down sometime btw. june - august
Akokora Gyeene
Phd
Phd

Postby Pax Africana » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:48 pm

ZONE4C wrote:...I thought some of you guys here had a knowledge of economy ... can envisage the negative impact this will have on our economy ?

Just reason for a while ... why do most of us prefere spending holidays in Ghana rather than Europe .... , why do US companies prefere to produce in China rather than California ?

Because the value of the dollar over the local currency makes it suitable .. but of $1 = 1 new Ghana cedis ... why should I choose to spend my $ 1 in Ghana instead of Australia where I can get a better service for my Dollar.

Remember what happened to Argentina ... pegging the pesos to the dollar ... I personal think this is the stupiest economic act of the 21th century ....

Think deeper.....$1 will still buy you the same value of things it does now. We're simply reduces the amount of physical notes in the system (while secretely hoping it pegs the dollar back :lol: )

Read the article:
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=114593
Pax Africana
BSc
BSc

Postby deciiva » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:49 pm

ZONE4C wrote:...Remember what happened to Argentina ... pegging the pesos to the dollar ... I personal think this is the stupiest economic act of the 21th century ....

For a while our economy went to the dogs - and more or less have hyper Inflation. Years of rampant inflation made millionaires of everyone in Ghana.

In reality our Country's currency has collapsed and something had to be done
deciiva

Postby Ekelksupa™ » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:52 pm

Akokora Gyeene wrote:
deciiva wrote:
Apuskleke wrote:
deciiva wrote:
Apuskleke wrote:
Akokora Gyeene wrote:

masser when are you planning to touch down? me too i get some 3tw3 bi to chop for home, it's been waiting too long, perhaps I will touch down sometime btw. june - august

Wodiee...Nsem hunu nkoaa na aka wo :lol:
Ekelksupa™
Otumfuo of the House
Otumfuo of the House

Next

Return to Susu