Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Where Did Jolof rice Come from ?? Ghana or Nigera???

Fufu, Banku, Kenkey and what more

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

Jollof Rice

Postby Hamburg,st.pauli » Mon May 29, 2006 10:27 am

Jollof rice came from Spain to west Africa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hamburg,st.pauli

They Wish

Postby Maryland Chick » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:48 pm

They wish it was from their country. Their food does not look attractive to me :x
Maryland Chick

Postby vice ressien » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:51 pm

Adjoa wrote:It was a long time ago and we all think our grandmothers started it.

Now you know!
i agree with you. i only saw my blessed mother cooked jollof rice. it was always sweet with the fried crunchy beef and pork ears and i thought my mother created that recipe
vice ressien
Johnny Just Come
Johnny Just Come

Re: Jollof Rice

Postby vice ressien » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:05 pm

Hamburg,st.pauli wrote:Jollof rice came from Spain to west Africa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:wink:

how are the women in reeperbahn doing? did one of the spanish prostitutes turn you severely in her bed to make you come to that conclusion>

any food mix-up mix-up is slave-food because slaves have to put everything in one pot to cook. if you talking about spanish paela, it was taken over by the spaniards after they saw what their slaves were cooking. they laughed at first but then found out that it was tasty and with the power of propaganda and writing, the spaniards made it their own.
vice ressien
Johnny Just Come
Johnny Just Come

Postby Tit 4 Tat » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:35 am

we don't know!
Tit 4 Tat
BSc
BSc

HU made jellof rice

Postby ghana_gal » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:14 pm

Its been proven dat jellof rice aint from Ghana or Nigeria....soo y we still arguin bout dat.... da real question is HU MAKES IT BETA????
GHana of corz nigerians make it 2 damm mushy it looks lyk porridge and taste like sh*t!!! :o :roll:
ghana_gal
Johnny Just Come
Johnny Just Come

Re: HU made jellof rice

Postby el Padrino » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:22 pm

ghana_gal wrote:Its been proven dat jellof rice aint from Ghana or Nigeria....soo y we still arguin bout dat.... da real question is HU MAKES IT BETA????
GHana of corz nigerians make it 2 damm mushy it looks lyk porridge and taste like sh*t!!! :o :roll:

We actually had a Progressive dinner at our school with food from diff countries. And there happenned to be Ghanaian Jollof and Nigerian jollof. Suffice to say, even my male nigerian friends were keenly awaiting the arrival of the Ghana jollof. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The worst was when i was asked which one was better by the nigerian girl. :lol: :lol: Even tho we beef all the time, no man who values his life can tell a woman and her friends that someone else's cookin tastes better. I simply went diplomatic and said i mixed em both together so i cant taste the difference. :lol:
el Padrino
Phd
Phd

Re: Where Did Jolof rice Come from ?? Ghana or Nigera???

Postby Awuraba » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:17 pm

Tatsumaru wrote:any ideas cos a lot of nigerians say that its their own home food dish.

Senegal :!:

beside my mums, the best i have tasted is by a senegalese lady :D
Awuraba
SSS
SSS

Re: HU made jellof rice

Postby jazz » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:12 am

el Padrino wrote:
ghana_gal wrote:Its been proven dat jellof rice aint from Ghana or Nigeria....soo y we still arguin bout dat.... da real question is HU MAKES IT BETA????

We actually had a Progressive dinner at our school with food from diff countries. And there happenned to be Ghanaian Jollof and Nigerian jollof. Suffice to say, even my male nigerian friends were keenly awaiting the arrival of the Ghana jollof. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The worst was when i was asked which one was better by the nigerian girl. :lol: :lol: Even tho we beef all the time, no man who values his life can tell a woman and her friends that someone else's cookin tastes better. I simply went diplomatic and said i mixed em both together so i cant taste the difference. :lol:

:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b]
jazz
SSS
SSS

Postby Shayla » Thu May 10, 2007 10:19 pm

I really need the recipe for ghanaian party snack. The ones with the peanuts. I think they are called atwimoh. Not the sweet ones but the salty ones. Please help!!!!!!!
Shayla
Johnny Just Come
Johnny Just Come

Postby carl masters » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:19 pm

i dare to disagree that jolof rice came from senegal by virtue of some wolof/jolof tribe.those senegalese dont know jack about jolof rice.they call their version cherpso why on earth does it come from them.who cooks jolof rice with cassava?senegal,so the answer is simple....IT ORIGINATES FROM GHANA :twisted:
carl masters
BSc
BSc

Re: NIGERINS/GHANAIANS

Postby a.w » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:54 pm

Anonymous wrote:
MAMIE wrote:
Anonymous wrote:nigerians are the best. we made jolf rice, we make it da best. dont get it twisted. . every one likes nigerians best. back in da day we were da king of africa and we dnt hate on you u hate on us. every afican wanna be nigerian and have you heard of the bag ghana must go. gahnians came to nigeria for money then we pushed them out so GHANAN MUST GO!!!!! you may be country of gold but where is the gold now haha.

ok obviously u r in DENIAL.First of all NOBODY likes nigerians.when u mention 'nigeria' the first thing that comes into mind is JUJU,DRUG DEALERS,419 PEOPLE A.K.A KALABULE,THIEVES,ARMED ROBBERS,etc
and u were neva the 'king of Africa'.and trust me NOBODY wants to be nigerian.and don't even try 2 hate on ghanaians cuz erebody knows dat we r REALLY NICE AND PEACEFUL PEOPLE UNLIKE U PEOPLE.THE TRUTH HURTS.DEAL WIT IT!
!!!!!!!!!

:roll: Please don't generalize, just as there are bad Ghanaians, also bad nigerians, you don't abuse every Nigerians or ghanaians for some stipidity. I am for Africans, Moreover, why are our girls (Ghana)dying for Nigerians, when you said NOBODY likes Nigerians? You must be a #%!&

i am nigerian n i noe both countries say dey both own it JELLOF JOLOF JELOF RICE BT IT ALL CUMS FRM WEST AFRICA N Y R WE ARGUIN AMONGST EACHODA WE R NEIGHBOURS WE BOTH AVE BAD PPLS IN BOTH COUNTRIES DNT B SAYIN NIGERIA HAS QUOTE!!!! HAVE ''JUJU,DRUG DEALERS,419 PEOPLE A.K.A KALABULE,THIEVES,ARMED ROBBERS,etc''
CS I SWEAR DWN IN GHANA DER R PPL LIKE DAT. DNT B STERIOTYPIN NIGERIANS.
I AINT GT NUTTIN AGAINST GHANAINS BT NIGERIANS N GHANANS R FAM N WE BEST STICK TOGETHER :idea: CS WEN TIME GTS TOUGH SUCH AS MAYB SLAVERY OR SUMTIN BAD DID WE NOT STICK TOGETHA YES WE DID N IT SHUD STAY LIKE DAT; WE NEED TO LUK AFTA EACHODA. 8) WEN SUM WITE PPLS CUS AFRICANS WAT U GONNA DO BLAME IT ON D ODA COUNTRY IN AFRICA CRNT WE JUS STICK UP 4 EACHODA!!!!!!
R WE NOT ALL BLK? :?: :?: :?:
a.w
Johnny Just Come
Johnny Just Come

Postby blackgirl » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:11 pm

kebacho wrote:
Pure Ga wrote:Actually it came from Senegal. What people call Jollof rice was originally Wolof Rice, where Wolof is the name of one of the major tribes in Senegal. So if anyone has any right to argue it's the Senegalese. Case closed.

I have learnt one more thing!

Me too!
blackgirl
Johnny Just Come
Johnny Just Come

I TINK DIS

Postby a.w » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:59 pm

blackgirl wrote:
kebacho wrote:
Pure Ga wrote:Actually it came from Senegal. What people call Jollof rice was originally Wolof Rice, where Wolof is the name of one of the major tribes in Senegal. So if anyone has any right to argue it's the Senegalese. Case closed.

I have learnt one more thing!

Me too!

please dnt bring anoda country into it i tink it originates frm west afrika like i sed which means it includes all the countries.
u may think this is true bt WHY R WE TRYNA OWN A PIECE OV FOOD???????????????????????????????????
PLEASE ANSWA DAT!!!!
ITS ONLI FOOD U DNT C INDIANS N JAMAICANS ARGUIN OVA CURRY GOAT!!!!

CASE STILL OPENED!!!!!!!
a.w
Johnny Just Come
Johnny Just Come

Postby BiGxGh.Com™ » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:06 am

it originated from my moms chicken!!

Mama thess jolof anaa! gyae
BiGxGh.Com™
BSc
BSc

Postby Dé Niro » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:26 pm

interesting..
Dé Niro
BSc
BSc

Postby Mapepe » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:39 am

it came from gbefi 8)
Mapepe
MSc
MSc

Postby Priceless Legacy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:05 am

I see when this thread started it was debated by kids, well jellof rice was infact started by the Gambians, it was then shared through West Africa now if u look at the map of west Africa u will see dat it would be impossible 4 travellers in those days 2 get frm Gambia or Senegal 2 Nigeria without entering Ghana. I went 2 uny with many Nigerians and was always fed by them and 2 be honest some off the best food i had were frm the Nigerian girls. I will never 4get the day i was invited 4 rice and chicken stew frm a Nigerian girl and a Ghanaian girl, i decided 2 take my friend with me. We went 2 the Nigerian girls place first and were treated 2 the kind of heavenly meal only an igbo babe could make then later on in the day we now had the same thing at the Ghanaian girls place. I have no joy in saying this but it was a no contest the igbo babe dismantled her, we did not even finish the food and came out with a lame excuse. When it comes 2 jellof pls Nigerians shld just lay low. When u have 2 mix stew on jellof rice then it is a failure.
Priceless Legacy
BSc
BSc

Previous

Return to Food