Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Where Did Jolof rice Come from ?? Ghana or Nigera???

Fufu, Banku, Kenkey and what more

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

Postby Agyeman Prempeh » Tue May 10, 2005 11:17 am

Jolof rice comes from gambia
Agyeman Prempeh

Postby Tatsumaru » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:21 am

yeah,
Tatsumaru
JSS
JSS

It's from Ghana

Postby Shaq » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:28 pm

How do you lie your Jollof? With Vulture or Snake.
Shaq

Re: It's from Ghana

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:36 am

Shaq wrote:How do you lie your Jollof? With Vulture or Snake.

I like it best with your mama on top. Chopped up neatly and well cooked with hot souce all over her body and some shampain on the side.

How does that sound.

Chicken

Postby Shaq » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:49 pm

Your mom don't taste good. I rather have chicken. But tell the truth I heard northerns eat snake.
Shaq

Re: Chicken

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:38 am

Shaq wrote:Your mom don't taste good. I rather have chicken. But tell the truth I heard northerns eat snake.

Don't you mean church's chicken. Thats all you eat.

Re: Where Did Jolof rice Come from ?? Ghana or Nigera???

Postby AMPONSAH » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:46 am

WELLWELL IAM ONLY 15 BUT I CAN TELL U DAT IT CAME FROM GHANA BECAUSE WE R THE BEST AND NIGERAINS ARE JUST HATEING ON US GHANINA PEOPLE AND WE ARE THE LAND OF GOLD
AMPONSAH

Postby lyricalghv6.0 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:43 pm

jollof rice is from ghana
period
lyricalghv6.0
Coach
Coach

Postby Duplicate » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:32 am

Where de Naija B*tches at? They shud come and clear themselves otherwise he is carrying the Title.

Nigerians Eat each other wrote:
emmanuelowusu wrote:
Tatsumaru wrote:any ideas cos a lot of nigerians say that its their own home food dish.

f&%k ALL NIAJAS it actually came from the most peaceful country in west africa (GHANA) it is not true jolof rice came from nigera, if jolof rice came from nigera why are they :?: still eating GARI AND HOT WATER (ABA) huh answer me.

[color=red]IF NIGERAS INVENTED JOLOF RICE EVERY ONE WOULD BE DEAD BY NOW, THINK PEOPLE WHAT IS MOST POPULAR FOOD IN NIGERA EVERY ONE WILL SAY ABA WHY NOT JOLOF RICE.[/color]

Wu wo point.
Duplicate
SSS
SSS

Jollof Rice

Postby santacrus » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:38 am

JOLLOF RICE

ORIGIN - Senegal
NAME OF THE DISH IN SENEGAL - Benachin
santacrus

wey naija jollof?

Postby Maryland's finest » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:14 am

nigerians be too known den loud den bossy ah! dem no know ish too. Jollof rice too dem de claim? e no be eba dem de chow day and night den chewin chelleh? if u do close research u'll learn it truelly came from senegal as the lady answered of earlier. U go lagos umm hausa masalaachi so so eba sooo. wey jollof? ho bullshit naija people paaa! make we hear thinz better ah. dem de bore me saff. i'm out
Maryland's finest

Love for Africa (Nigeria & Ghana)

Postby JDUB » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:50 pm

Be careful about generalizing about Nigeria. Nigeria is a very diverse place, and you should love and respect your brothers and sisters no matter where they are on the planet.

If you want to disrespect someone, try disrespecting your colonial masters, the ones who raped and pillaged Africa, not take your misplaced anger on another Afrcan Country.
JDUB

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:29 pm

AMPONSAH wrote:WELLWELL IAM ONLY 15 BUT I CAN TELL U DAT IT CAME FROM GHANA BECAUSE WE R THE BEST AND NIGERAINS ARE JUST HATEING ON US GHANINA PEOPLE AND WE ARE THE LAND OF GOLD
BLAP,BLAP ma ghanian bre

Postby Jaaxa » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:36 pm

Maybe because N. Nigerans are more closely related to Senegalese? This may be why some claim it.
Jaaxa

Postby Tit 4 Tat » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:09 am

Let's face it. Since we don't have documented proof, we can only speculate its origin.
Tit 4 Tat
BSc
BSc

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:28 pm

AMPONSAH wrote:WELLWELL IAM ONLY 15 BUT I CAN TELL U DAT IT CAME FROM GHANA BECAUSE WE R THE BEST AND NIGERAINS ARE JUST HATEING ON US GHANINA PEOPLE AND WE ARE THE LAND OF GOLD

fank u broda :o im only 13 but i no 4 a fact dat jolof rice came 4rm ghana nigerians r just hatin :evil: on our gold :lol: :!: :!:

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:43 am

Tatsumaru wrote:then y Do people from nigeria always say that is them and then Ghanaians to ?

:lol: Have you observed that no nigerian has contributed to this thread :!: :!: :D because no nigerian will claim jollof is from nigeria. It is just your foolish imagination :lol: :lol: use your brain before posting rubbish, stupid "oBroni" patronizer :lol: :D

Origination of Jollof Rice

Postby Kprempeh2003 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:28 am

Guys, you all got it wrong about Jollof Rice. This menu's name originated from the Creoles of liberia and the name was created by the freed slaves who were sent to Liberia from America. The word Jollof came from the word Jolly which actually means ( Joy, Ebullient, Bright, Happy). See, during the slavery system in America, the slaves always eat after their masters and when the souce for the rice is limited in supply, then they add the rice to the minuscule souce hence giving joy to those eating. Jollof rice does not come from Senegal neither does it come from Nigeria. The liberians taught us how to eat that food at the time when they were building our Atakwame houses.
Kprempeh2003

Postby Pax Africana » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:57 pm

Bloody hell....Food Historians in the house.
Pax Africana
BSc
BSc

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:52 pm

nigerians are the best. we made jolf rice, we make it da best. dont get it twisted. . every one likes nigerians best. back in da day we were da king of africa and we dnt hate on you u hate on us. every afican wanna be nigerian and have you heard of the bag ghana must go. gahnians came to nigeria for money then we pushed them out so GHANAN MUST GO!!!!! you may be country of gold but where is the gold now haha.

Next

Return to Food