Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

I HOPE OUR MIDFIELDERS LEARN FROM SPAIN !!!

Talk about the latest matches, your club, etc

Moderators: deciiva, kebashorificatious

Postby OBIBA J.K. » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:43 pm

Massa, coaches do not teach soccer skills, they only assemble palyers with a strategy to execute, period. Messi, Maradona, Abedi Pele, Xavi were not thought how to dribble, their fluid skills are already 'God gifted' or talents. Players with high soccer IQ's know how mobilse on the field and win. In some cases palyers carry the game on their own with serious risks, when the going tough (eg, Abedi, Maradona, Essien) and do what's most important, to score. When you have dumb players like what we currently have in the Black Stars, then hope for dissapointments. Check out with the players that executed the 'multi system' with coach Sam Arday at the 1990 World U-17 and you will know what I am talking about, simply a talented squad!
OBIBA J.K.
SSS
SSS

Re: I HOPE OUR MIDFIELDERS LEARN FROM SPAIN !!!

Postby Kwame Banahene » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:37 am

Flexx wrote:I sincerely hope our midfielders and our coach are learning from Spain's game against France today. The French are defending but Spain's fluidity in the midfield has been amazing to watch.

Our midfielders should learn from the Spanish midfield's off-the ball movement, tactical awareness, and flexibility with interchanging of roles in the middle.

Equally important, when the Spaniards attack from the flanks, they don't "over-cross" the ball to where it's impossible for anybody to reach it. And, there is almost always a Spaniard in the opponent's box waiting to pounce on the opportunity when crosses come in.

Had Ghana created the opportunity from which Spain's first goal came, there is a high chance nobody would have been there to take advantage of it. Akwasi Appiah should work harder on our midfielders. They can be far better than what we witness them produce match after match... Too often, we appear unimaginative and too predictable in the final third.

Ol' Boy, Ghana will never play like Spain

BUT we might be able to beat them ! :wink:
Kwame Banahene
BSc
BSc

Postby Mapepe » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:45 am

Spain can be predictable. Their short passes, cut back and shoot style can be very predictable cos they are a team which does not really depend on crosses. The USA exposed them at the last confed cup so any team can beat them if they watch how the USA did it. The USA pressured them all thru the game and they crumbled.

Spain Germany is a must watch final
Mapepe
MSc
MSc

Postby B DIDDY » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:08 am

who told you our players are not 'trying' to play like Spain..... watch the last game against Zambia we tried hard paa to pass and move but our players suck :lol: :lol:
B DIDDY
Phd
Phd

Postby Ekow » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:59 am

B DIDDY wrote:who told you our players are not 'trying' to play like Spain..... watch the last game against Zambia we tried hard paa to pass and move but our players suck :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bra Panyin said we played like Barcelona against Lesotho
Ekow
Guru
Guru

Postby NaMrecco$ » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:08 am

el Padrino wrote:
rastaman wrote:
Obielord wrote:Spain will be back to their usual nonfa soccer before the 2018 WC.

By then, they would've won enough to erase their woeful history 8)
well theyre not gonna win this tourney so.... :idea:
i think they can win it... they have a better chance winning than all the teams left.. :arrow: :arrow:
NaMrecco$
Professor
Professor

Postby NaMrecco$ » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:12 am

Obielord wrote:Spain will be back to their usual nonfa soccer before the 2018 WC.
stop hating... geez... they have something that no other team has.. and even if the iniesta and xavi go they willm still find players to replace them... there ar a lot of young players in team...
NaMrecco$
Professor
Professor

Postby Flexx » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:09 am

OBIBA J.K. wrote:Massa, coaches do not teach soccer skills, they only assemble palyers with a strategy to execute, period. Messi, Maradona, Abedi Pele, Xavi were not thought how to dribble, their fluid skills are already 'God gifted' or talents. Players with high soccer IQ's know how mobilse on the field and win. In some cases palyers carry the game on their own with serious risks, when the going tough (eg, Abedi, Maradona, Essien) and do what's most important, to score. When you have dumb players like what we currently have in the Black Stars, then hope for dissapointments. Check out with the players that executed the 'multi system' with coach Sam Arday at the 1990 World U-17 and you will know what I am talking about, simply a talented squad!

Sure, Essien, Abedi, Armando et al are exceptional considerations....

However, I wouldn't say our current players are necessarily "dumb." Some of them are just "naive," which is why they will need "coaching" to be better executioners. Some players are naturally great with high footie IQ; others need a little more "guidance" to grow into greatness.

Yes, Arday's Multi-System was eye-pleasing with the likes of Barnes and Gargo but while most of the players were good, I think it was tutelage of the "coaching" system in place that transformed them to play successfully as a high-scoring team.
Flexx
SSS
SSS

Postby Flexx » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:19 am

B DIDDY wrote:who told you our players are not 'trying' to play like Spain..... watch the last game against Zambia we tried hard paa to pass and move but our players suck :lol: :lol:

Hahaaa! I get the pun ...

Seriously, it was difficult for one to tell whether the collective poor performance in the first half was due to an extreme case of acclimatization issues, players not getting enough sleep the previous night, team experiencing some tough misfortunes, some combinations of the above, or all of the above... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Flexx
SSS
SSS

Postby Flexx » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:23 am

Mapepe wrote:Spain can be predictable. Their short passes, cut back and shoot style can be very predictable cos they are a team which does not really depend on crosses. The USA exposed them at the last confed cup so any team can beat them if they watch how the USA did it. The USA pressured them all thru the game and they crumbled.

Spain Germany is a must watch final

If that happened, it would be an interesting encounter. I don't want England to win it because if they did, mankind no go hear word !!!

Flexx
SSS
SSS

Postby TGAA_Star » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:23 am

Yes whoever said Ghana should learn from the way Spain plays, I say I agree, possession is key as well as keeping it and speed being one other factor
TGAA_Star
BSc
BSc

Postby papalove » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:47 pm

I rather we play like Germany than Spain with higher football IQ
papalove
MSc
MSc

Postby mardingobob » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:46 pm

papalove wrote:I rather we play like Germany than Spain with higher football IQ

yep. For starters the Germans are mentally and physically strong. Plus they are all fit and sharp and fearless. The Black Star handlers can pick this bit from them and select players who understand how to pressure the ball. I now understand why Milan got rid of Adiyah so quick. We can always play our game but we have to have certain fundamentals in place. I hope Frimpong( our schweinsteiger) :lol: and Duncan our Khedira have good seasons so that they are available for selection for Can 2013 if we qualify :lol: For now Boateng and Anan or Anan and kwadman with do :D
mardingobob
MSc
MSc

Postby Ringo » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:25 pm

Last I mentioned I'd rather we play like Spain in a post, few said Germany is more effective so we should start selecting tall players to play like them. Generally, our players are smallish just like the Spaniards. We have dribblers in our team as well. However; British kick N go has become part of our game.
If encouraged, we can play like the Spanish team easily. We've always have skillful players. All we need is the work rate to match.

If you watch the Spaniards play, with each possession, they form a triangle around the player on the ball. This makes passing very easy. Their composure and off the ball movement is breathtaking.

Annan is a workhorse and very skillful, Derrick is also very comfortable on the ball, Asamouh we all knows how well he shields the ball. Dede hugs the ball and very difficult to disposes.
All we need is off the ball movement discipline to play at least similar to them…

Spain is going to take care of Germany easily just like the last World cup if they meet.
Ringo
BSc
BSc

Postby mardingobob » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:09 pm

we may get away with that in Africa but we need to have one big and strong dude as a dm. I hear the Abubacar guy from New Edubiase is strong . Our dms need to start dominating and learn how to score like Essien .Acquah has to do more than play like Badu or Anan . Kadman is good but can't play as a playmaker or Lw.
Last edited by mardingobob on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mardingobob
MSc
MSc

Postby VRMAN » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:25 pm

mardingobob wrote:
papalove wrote:I rather we play like Germany than Spain with higher football IQ

yep. For starters the Germans are mentally and physically strong. Plus they are all fit and sharp and fearless. The Black Star handlers can pick this bit from them and select players who understand how to pressure the ball. I now understand why Milan got rid of Adiyah so quick. We can always play our game but we have to have certain fundamentals in place. I hope Frimpong( our schweinsteiger) :lol: and Duncan our Khedira have good seasons so that they are available for selection for Can 2013 if we qualify :lol: For now Boateng and Anan or Anan and kwadman with do :D

The Germans are NOT playing football. They are WORKING!!!
That is how they see it -and it is in their mentality!!!
MIT GRUNDLICHKEIT ARBEITEN (Thorough Work)

I believe they will win!!!
Last edited by VRMAN on Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VRMAN
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwakubaboni » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:46 pm

Maybe we should learn from Germany and Spain and try an amalgamation of both styles. If we do that we can win the WC 2014 , deciva or? Deciva! Deciiivaa! Where are you? Is this guy looking in a mirror and crying again?!
Kwakubaboni
BSc
BSc

Postby Doctor No » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:49 pm

Ghana cannot play like Spain as you guys don't have the players to execute such fluidity in midfield. :roll:
Doctor No
Phd
Phd

Postby OBIBA J.K. » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:44 pm

Flexx wrote:
OBIBA J.K. wrote:Massa, coaches do not teach soccer skills, they only assemble palyers with a strategy to execute, period. Messi, Maradona, Abedi Pele, Xavi were not thought how to dribble, their fluid skills are already 'God gifted' or talents. Players with high soccer IQ's know how mobilse on the field and win. In some cases palyers carry the game on their own with serious risks, when the going tough (eg, Abedi, Maradona, Essien) and do what's most important, to score. When you have dumb players like what we currently have in the Black Stars, then hope for dissapointments. Check out with the players that executed the 'multi system' with coach Sam Arday at the 1990 World U-17 and you will know what I am talking about, simply a talented squad!

Sure, Essien, Abedi, Armando et al are exceptional considerations....

However, I wouldn't say our current players are necessarily "dumb." Some of them are just "naive," which is why they will need "coaching" to be better executioners. Some players are naturally great with high footie IQ; others need a little more "guidance" to grow into greatness.

Yes, Arday's Multi-System was eye-pleasing with the likes of Barnes and Gargo but while most of the players were good, I think it was tutelage of the "coaching" system in place that transformed them to play successfully as a high-scoring team.

They need guidance, that is fine and that is why coaches are employed. A coach's job on the field is about 30%, the executioners take the rest. No matter how our palyers are guided by the best coaches in the world they will remain the way they are. Burkhard Ziese inherited well structed and talented players (good on the African terrain) and was touted as Ghana's messiah, that same BZ was sacked after a few months on the job 'cos the players at that time (being the best we had) were a disappontment. There is a big difference between the current crop of players and those we had in ine 80's and 90's. Adiyiah, Incoom, Opare, Annan, K. Asamoah, D Boat, Jordan, Gyan, Muntari and co. can never win anything for Ghana. They just don't have it!!!
OBIBA J.K.
SSS
SSS

Postby Empire of Victory » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:16 am

Doctor No wrote:Ghana cannot play like Spain as you guys don't have the players to execute such fluidity in midfield. :roll:

Coming from a Nigerian, your post is quite funny...

Ghana play a unique Ghanaian brand which Coach Appiah is now perfecting... It will be fully brought out at the African cup and World cup
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Location: Winners Club: It's about winning!! I am kissing the money John Boye Style...

PreviousNext

Return to Football