Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Pic: The U.A.E plan to build the world’s first Sand Stadium

Talk about the latest matches, your club, etc

Moderators: deciiva, kebashorificatious

Pic: The U.A.E plan to build the world’s first Sand Stadium

Postby Stiffray » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:22 am

The Sand Stadium (or as it’s actually being called, “The Rock Stadium”) is set to be build in the Al Ain desert.

The ground will be build below ground level to make sure heat levels are more easily controlled.

As to the numbers, the stadium will facilitate 40,000 spectators, and will come at a cost of 3.5 billion UAE dirham (or $953 million).

The project will be built by MZ Architects.

Below : an aerial view of the sand stadium, and an illustration of how the stadium will appear at night.
Last edited by Stiffray on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stiffray
Taking A-level
Taking A-level

Postby ALANPEE » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:08 am

Hhhhmmmmmm
ALANPEE
BSc
BSc

Postby carl masters » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:13 pm

lets see :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
carl masters
BSc
BSc

Postby paabo » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:44 pm

ALANPEE wrote:Hhhhmmmmmm

KPOM!! :lol:
paabo
Professor
Professor

Postby Emmanueldinho » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:50 pm

Asamoah Gyan is gonna be playing in this sand castle? . no wonder he aint leaving.
Emmanueldinho
BSc
BSc

Postby Ksarp » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:20 pm

These sand niggaz got it! Investment in infrastructure which will facilitate the transition from oil to services in the future..we forest niggaz need to take note..
Ksarp
Phd
Phd

Postby keen observer » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Ksarp wrote:These sand niggaz got it! Investment in infrastructure which will facilitate the transition from oil to services in the future..we forest niggaz need to take note..

U are kidding right? Do you know the percentage of their resources dedicated to Science, research and technology? You paa!!
keen observer
Professor
Professor

Postby Ksarp » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:43 pm

keen observer wrote:U are kidding right? Do you know the percentage of their resources dedicated to Science, research and technology? You paa!!

I goggled it, looks like it's part of their long term goals to diversify. I'd argue that infrastructural development go hand in had with R&D, both require significant injection of capital and are beneficial over the long term.
Ksarp
Phd
Phd

Postby keen observer » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:48 pm

Ksarp wrote:
keen observer wrote:U are kidding right? Do you know the percentage of their resources dedicated to Science, research and technology? You paa!!

I goggled it, looks like it's part of their long term goals to diversify. I'd argue that infrastructural development go hand in had with R&D, both require significant injection of capital and are beneficial over the long term.

They have been doing this for the last 40 years and there is very little improvement in that area. They are just not serious. Thinks about it, cars, computers, cell phones etc etc..Not a single one comes from that part of the World.
keen observer
Professor
Professor

Postby Kwakubaboni » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:51 pm

Nigga dis nigga dat ebei! Fake akata syndrome.
Kwakubaboni
BSc
BSc

Postby Ksarp » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:23 pm

keen observer wrote:They have been doing this for the last 40 years and there is very little improvement in that area. They are just not serious. Thinks about it, cars, computers, cell phones etc etc..Not a single one comes from that part of the World.

R&D takes time, are you suggesting that they have failed in that department? I don't think they're trying to necessarily switch to a manufacturing economy though, to manufacture cars and stuff. It sounds like the plan is to create a service/professional highly skilled economy..some silicon valley type shyt in the desert.. I guess I thought you felt it was the other way round. Well they're trying IMHO, only time will tell.
Ksarp
Phd
Phd

Postby tawia » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:42 pm

Kwakubaboni wrote:Nigga dis nigga dat ebei! Fake akata syndrome.

typical house nigga mentality. you are happy when people speak queens english, but have a problem when someone speaks like fellow blacks. smh
tawia
BSc
BSc

Postby Ksarp » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:44 pm

tawia wrote:

typical house nigga mentality. you are happy when people speak queens english, but have a problem when someone speaks like fellow blacks. smh

Let the nigga worry about protocol chaley, the rest of us are having a pretty decent conversation.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ksarp
Phd
Phd

Postby truemamamia » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:15 pm

tawia wrote:

But what he said is true. This way of talking including using perjorative terms for our own race is exclusive to a certain group of blacks. Just becos am black doesnt mean that I have to identify with it, no?
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Postby truemamamia » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:22 pm

Sand stadium....I thought sand was gonna replace the green grass or something. So what exactly is a sand stadium? Instead of blocks it will be 100% sand? or sand will be used to decorate the exterior part of the stadium?

I agree with KO....Seriously these guys have a lot of money and I dont see them really doing anything serious in terms of science, technology, or developing something new for mankind. They basically splashing money on old ideas to make it nice... :lol:
Good for them...but they letting mankind down :P
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Postby el Padrino » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:23 pm

truemamamia wrote:
tawia wrote:

But what he said is true. This way of talking including using perjorative terms for our own race is exclusive to a certain group of blacks. Just becos am black doesnt mean that I have to identify with it, no?
And what group of blacks is that? You dont have to identify with it. Just like the supposed group of black you speak of are not in a rush to identify with you. You dont know Ksarp's environment growing up so u cannot judge on an internet forum what supposed group of blacks he belongs to or identifies with.
el Padrino
Phd
Phd

Postby truemamamia » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:45 pm

el Padrino wrote:
truemamamia wrote:
tawia wrote:

And what group of blacks is that? You dont have to identify with it. Just like the supposed group of black you speak of are not in a rush to identify with you. You dont know Ksarp's environment growing up so u cannot judge on an internet forum what supposed group of blacks he belongs to or identifies with.

Actually I am not criticizing Ksarp. Even if I knew him in real life... I would care less how he speaks...that is why I didnt even quote him directly on the subject. what drew my attention was the argument advanced by tawia suggesting that it is a black way of speaking and the comment about the "house nigga mentality" comment. Maybe it may have come off as criticizing Ksarp..so I wanna clarify that...though for an internet forum it doesnt matter anyway hehehehe
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Postby habashaugusto » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:53 pm

it is a known fact that Arab states have invested heavily in Technology firms in western nations they have also started to recruit some of the best talents in the world in stem fields.
they are applying their sport policy to research and development.
habashaugusto
BSc
BSc

Postby tawia » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:40 pm

truemamamia wrote:
tawia wrote:

Then he should criticize the use of the word and be done. Nigga is no worse than using 'akata' which you did not see.
tawia
BSc
BSc

Postby TGAA_Star » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:53 pm

Wow what an impressive stadium and especially after looking at it, I am like they should definitely host a FIFA World Cup in the UAE especially if they can build a stadium like that
TGAA_Star
BSc
BSc

Next

Return to Football