Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Black Stars players talk too much - Stephen Appiah

Talk about the latest matches, your club, etc

Moderators: deciiva, kebashorificatious

Black Stars players talk too much - Stephen Appiah

Postby African » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:55 am

Former Black Stars captain Stephen Appiah believes the current crop of national team players “talk too much.”

Appiah, who captained the Stars to their two previous appearances at the Fifa World Cup in 2006 and 2010, feels there is a tendency to lose focus when players speak on too many occasions ahead of crucial matches.

“The players talk too much,” he said in an interview with Asempa Sports adding that “during my time we were not talking too much.”

“Essien, Sulley and I were not talking too much.” They should keep quiet and let their feet do the talking.”

Ghana suffered a painful 1:0 loss to Zambia in 2014 World Cup qualifier last Saturday but Appiah is confident that the Stars can still secure qualification drawing on the team’s previous experience in 2005.

“I remember we lost our first game against Burkina Faso in 2005 but we still qualified (for the 2006 World Cup).”

The one-time inspirational captain of the Stars also said “we should encourage Kwasi Appiah to succeed.”

Appiah, who made his debut for the Black Stars in 1996, played a major role during his playing time of the Black Stars as he made 68 appearances and scored 17 goals.

He retired from the national team after the 2010 Fifa World Cup in South Africa and currently plays for Serbian side Vojvodina.
User avatar
African
MSc
MSc
 
Posts: 10851
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:28 pm
Location: On this Planet

Postby African » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:58 am

It is obvious he is referring to Derek Boateng, Agyemang Badu and some of the new invites. But I think they are not to blame. The current Ghana Media is so aggressive and you can't just ignore them.
User avatar
African
MSc
MSc
 
Posts: 10851
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:28 pm
Location: On this Planet

Postby modinsane » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:07 am

African wrote:It is obvious he is referring to Derek Boateng, Agyemang Badu and some of the new invites. But I think they are not to blame. The current Ghana Media is so aggressive and you can't just ignore them.


Why and how can't you ignore them (the media)? who made Agyeman Badu the spokesman of the team? He talks too much! aaaba!!
modinsane
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 3119
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:27 pm
Location: usa

Re: Black Stars players talk too much - Stephen Appiah

Postby Flexx » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:49 am

African wrote:Former Black Stars captain Stephen Appiah believes the current crop of national team players “talk too much.”

Appiah, who captained the Stars to their two previous appearances at the Fifa World Cup in 2006 and 2010, feels there is a tendency to lose focus when players speak on too many occasions ahead of crucial matches.

“The players talk too much,” he said in an interview with Asempa Sports adding that “during my time we were not talking too much.”

“Essien, Sulley and I were not talking too much.” They should keep quiet and let their feet do the talking.”

Ghana suffered a painful 1:0 loss to Zambia in 2014 World Cup qualifier last Saturday but Appiah is confident that the Stars can still secure qualification drawing on the team’s previous experience in 2005.

“I remember we lost our first game against Burkina Faso in 2005 but we still qualified (for the 2006 World Cup).”

The one-time inspirational captain of the Stars also said “we should encourage Kwasi Appiah to succeed.”

Appiah, who made his debut for the Black Stars in 1996, played a major role during his playing time of the Black Stars as he made 68 appearances and scored 17 goals.

He retired from the national team after the 2010 Fifa World Cup in South Africa and currently plays for Serbian side Vojvodina.



Our phenomenal ex-captain Appiah is right...

Major culprits:

Agyeman-Badu
Derek Boatema
Asamoah Gyan
Sulley Muntari

"This is a must win match, but it will not be easy...." as the fans don't already know that
"They didn't deserve to win...."
"He was a just a physical trainer..."
"I am the star of the team...."
"We are playing like Barca..." Really? Show-stopper Stopilla Sunzu has something to say about that.

... on and on and on..... only to LOSE matches in the end.

Every player has something to say, but please keep a lid on it and do the talking on the pitch. Too much talking puts pressure on you. Example, how many Zambian players did anyone hear running their mouths before our game?

I really miss the BS of 2006.
Last edited by Flexx on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flexx
SSS
SSS
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:05 am

Re: Black Stars players talk too much - Stephen Appiah

Postby Flexx » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:58 am

..
Flexx
SSS
SSS
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:05 am

Postby Sammybee » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:18 am

the media is also part of the blame.They have started it on Atsu.
The captain is suppose to speak on behalf of the players.
User avatar
Sammybee
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2112
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 4:34 pm
Location: Kwansah House

Postby B DIDDY » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:45 am

Sammybee wrote:the media is also part of the blame.They have started it on Atsu.
The captain is suppose to speak on behalf of the players.


come on what was not written about Essien back in 2005? Appiah is right these guys need to learn how to say no comment or smile and move on

anyways I hope Sannie was hired to also give these players some advise and tips on how to handle themselves with the media
B DIDDY
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 38702
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:04 am
Location: Asafo.....Bra Kwaku computers lol

Re: Black Stars players talk too much - Stephen Appiah

Postby kebashorificatious » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:54 am

I hope Stephen Appiah joins the Black Stars technical team very soon. His ongoing club career should just be a minor obstacle.
User avatar
kebashorificatious
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 42067
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:36 pm
Location: moff moff na bad luck!

Re: Black Stars players talk too much - Stephen Appiah

Postby Dovifat » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:44 am

A detailed strategy to handle the media is an integral part of every FA's job these days.

kebashorificatious wrote:I hope Stephen Appiah joins the Black Stars technical team very soon. His ongoing club career should just be a minor obstacle.


:lol: :lol:
Dovifat
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 6744
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:41 pm

Re: Black Stars players talk too much - Stephen Appiah

Postby B DIDDY » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:47 am

Dovifat wrote:A detailed strategy to handle the media is an integral part of every FA's job these days.

kebashorificatious wrote:I hope Stephen Appiah joins the Black Stars technical team very soon. His ongoing club career should just be a minor obstacle.


:lol: :lol:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B DIDDY
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 38702
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:04 am
Location: Asafo.....Bra Kwaku computers lol

Postby Kwame Banahene » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:02 am

Would prefer a mixture of both really:

A little bit of talking and letting the feet

Do even more talking ! :P :P :P
Kwame Banahene
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2074
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:15 pm
Location: Oma Mpe Hia

Postby Q' lypse » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:08 am

Its the bloody media. Im currently in Ghana, and i dont watch tv much but the few timed I've watched tv I've seen microphone and tv cameras shoved in Annan's face,Dede which looked like he was buying fuel in a petrol station (i mean wtf). Dede said he will b back in 3wks or a nths time and no.w the qualifying matches are do o r die.

Muntari was at Osu castle yesterday meeting the vp. giving him a replica of the uefa champ cup and one of his jerseys at Inter. What he said on camera wasn't even necesssary. too much media. wc performance has given us a big head.
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20297
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby Lion_O_Judah » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Because the current crop of Black Stars players lack leadership, we someone like back in the fold Mr Appiah Capito. :idea:
User avatar
Lion_O_Judah
MSc
MSc
 
Posts: 14508
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: CO

Postby ChocIce? » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:27 pm

Thank u Capito!
User avatar
ChocIce?
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 3268
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:58 am

Postby NaMrecco$ » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:53 pm

Q' lypse wrote:Its the bloody media. Im currently in Ghana, and i dont watch tv much but the few timed I've watched tv I've seen microphone and tv cameras shoved in Annan's face,Dede which looked like he was buying fuel in a petrol station (i mean wtf). Dede said he will b back in 3wks or a nths time and no.w the qualifying matches are do o r die.

Muntari was at Osu castle yesterday meeting the vp. giving him a replica of the uefa champ cup and one of his jerseys at Inter. What he said on camera wasn't even necesssary. too much media. wc performance has given us a big head.
THATS exacrtly what i was gonna say... players cant help it to say something .. we have the twitters and the fb etc ..

one question tho... the players never said anything bad... its only in ghanba that when u are asked and question and u answer, u are labelled whoo whoo or you talk too much... nobody disrespected the zmabians before the match... all the players that came out to talk before the game said they were all serious and didnt wanna use the game as a revenge etc,... what is wrong with that??
User avatar
NaMrecco$
Professor
Professor
 
Posts: 66504
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:41 pm
Location: India New Delhi

Postby The Ugandan... » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:07 pm

NaMrecco$ wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:Its the bloody media. Im currently in Ghana, and i dont watch tv much but the few timed I've watched tv I've seen microphone and tv cameras shoved in Annan's face,Dede which looked like he was buying fuel in a petrol station (i mean wtf). Dede said he will b back in 3wks or a nths time and no.w the qualifying matches are do o r die.

Muntari was at Osu castle yesterday meeting the vp. giving him a replica of the uefa champ cup and one of his jerseys at Inter. What he said on camera wasn't even necesssary. too much media. wc performance has given us a big head.
THATS exacrtly what i was gonna say... players cant help it to say something .. we have the twitters and the fb etc ..

one question tho... the players never said anything bad... its only in ghanba that when u are asked and question and u answer, u are labelled whoo whoo or you talk too much... nobody disrespected the zmabians before the match... all the players that came out to talk before the game said they were all serious and didnt wanna use the game as a revenge etc,... what is wrong with that??
You need to read and re-read Flexx's post in blue above.
User avatar
The Ugandan...
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:20 pm

Postby NaMrecco$ » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:10 pm

The Ugandan... wrote:
NaMrecco$ wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:Its the bloody media. Im currently in Ghana, and i dont watch tv much but the few timed I've watched tv I've seen microphone and tv cameras shoved in Annan's face,Dede which looked like he was buying fuel in a petrol station (i mean wtf). Dede said he will b back in 3wks or a nths time and no.w the qualifying matches are do o r die.

Muntari was at Osu castle yesterday meeting the vp. giving him a replica of the uefa champ cup and one of his jerseys at Inter. What he said on camera wasn't even necesssary. too much media. wc performance has given us a big head.
THATS exacrtly what i was gonna say... players cant help it to say something .. we have the twitters and the fb etc ..

one question tho... the players never said anything bad... its only in ghanba that when u are asked and question and u answer, u are labelled whoo whoo or you talk too much... nobody disrespected the zmabians before the match... all the players that came out to talk before the game said they were all serious and didnt wanna use the game as a revenge etc,... what is wrong with that??
You need to read and re-read Flexx's post in blue above.
????
User avatar
NaMrecco$
Professor
Professor
 
Posts: 66504
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:41 pm
Location: India New Delhi

Re: Black Stars players talk too much - Stephen Appiah

Postby TGAA_Star » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:14 pm

kebashorificatious wrote:I hope Stephen Appiah joins the Black Stars technical team very soon. His ongoing club career should just be a minor obstacle.


Yes I would even like to see Appiah as an assistant coach, because with him as an assistant coach to A.A., I think that it would pay off and that is my honest opinion
TGAA_Star
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2343
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:00 pm

Postby Ekow » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:22 pm

talk only?

they fight too much too
ask derek and jordan
Ekow
Guru
Guru
 
Posts: 105208
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:50 pm

Postby dr.luv » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:45 pm

When I sad Badu was talking too much, I was almost swallowed by my usual nemesis :lol: I think Appiah was referring to Agymenag Badu! Dude needs to learn to shush!
dr.luv
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 9189
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:47 am

Next

Return to Football



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Bishop*, Ewiase Paa, Kofi Jolof, kofjo, Next FA PREZ, Q' lypse and 43 guests