Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

The Path Of Direct Experience.

All about God and Gods

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

The Path Of Direct Experience.

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:58 am

I remember listening to an interview by the American illusionist David Blaine.He talked about how it all started.At a very young age,the phone would ring and before his mum picks up the call,young David would more often than not correctly call out who was calling.
Unlike most of us(talking for myself) David's mum encouraged him.The gift of being in touch with the rhythm of life was nurtured in him.
The level of consciousness we operate at today was largely form early in life.This occurs between the ages of one and six.
The educational instructions like the teachers who taught you at nursery,the environment you grew up in,even your genes play crucial role.However your mother's teachings and training is the main factor for who you are today.
A little psychology tells us our outlook on life is a combination of nature and nurture.A third factor is Organismic.That is what you decide to become despite nature or nurture.
You may form a life pattern; eg work very hard throughout the week,Monday to Friday .At the close of a hard week's work,you get drunk Friday evening and Saturday. You go to church on Sunday to sleep it of during the long sermons,you take a "deserved" rest Sunday afternoon before starting the weekly cycle all over again. These goes on for roughly 70 to 80 years and death comes to put an end to your earthly life.
Is that it? Is it all there is?
May be not.
Children are sometimes tuned into the rhythm of life because the pressures of earthly life hasn't taken hold yet.
I remember sharing a dream with my parents as a little child.Mostly they dismissed it as "just a dream". "Oh Kwame and his dreams"
They were not taught about the art of spiritual dreaming.How could they pass it on to me?
You would see things with the corner of your eyes as a child and announce it.They older ones brush them off as "just a child's imagination".
This will go on until you too say the same to your children.
A societies greatness l believe can be judged by the way they treat their children.If you impact the shortsightedness and limitations you learned from your parents on your children,they'll grow up be just like you.This is not speculation.lt is scientific. :lol:
Of course children need discipline.But we must from at the very beginning accord them the respect that they are unique and try to nurture them with a view to bringing to maturity their latent talent and ability.
I believe allowing a child to walk is of a greater service than carrying them.
They may not walk like you and that is ok.Set them on the path of direct experience.
A child was playing with a small blade his carelessly lift within his reach.The dad quickly to it off him but he screamed and screamed to have it back.He tried most of his toys as a replacement to no avail.Under close supervision,the dad handed back the blade to the child.ln seconds the poor child gets a cut,drops the blade and starts to cry.
Dad nursed the small wound to prevent infection.The dad then try handing the blade back to the child.Yes,your guess it right.The child for that moment at least knows a blade is not a toy.
So we learn as children.We live in the present moment as children,but as we grow older,the world closes in on us.Past experiences stops us from doing certain things.And fear of what is to come prevents us from venturing.
Life in the middle ground or living in the present becomes harder and harder.
We clothe ourselves with the garment of doubt.We have long forgotten the visions of the inner worlds and the dreams of adventure as children.Most of our spiritual centres are closed.We become completely earthly.
So if someone come to us today and talk about how to communicate with the other worlds,we say they are talking trash.
If as an adult you know how to go to the temple within,you are able to show your child how they to can come to the temple within themselves.Children know this instinctively.The role of the parent is to keep this alive even as the child grows worldly.
I read about a child who could see colours around people.The beautiful part of the story was that the child's parent explain to the child how to deal with this gift. She said to the child...."now,you realise that others don't see colours around people,and you have to be a little careful when you talk about this"
Many many saints throughout history have stated one way or the other that to unfold spiritually or attain any reasonable level of higher spiritual fulfilment,one should become as a child.
A child's consciousness is forming; not frozen.
There is the need to "defrost" our agreed state of being.
If someone mentions eg out of body experience.You may completely dismiss it and call him a crank or you may want to find out if this is possible.
A scientific approach will be try an exercise to see if it works or not.An unscientific approach would be to dismiss something you have not tried.
I'm talking about the path of direct experience.
More Later.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:21 pm

Some children are blessed with parents who makes it their task to bring them up in a way that they grow to take their rightful place in society and play meaningful roles in life.
A parent may teach a child to keep its hands,feet and mouth to itself.This child may grow to respect the space of others and not impose their will on others.They will not eg interfere in the affairs of others without permission.
You see people who want to use prayer to change your state of consciousness.You meet people who want to believe what you believe.lf you refuse to tow their line,you are dumb and foolish.
You can see people like that may not have had a very good upbringing.They were not taught the discipline of allowing others to be and respecting the state of other persons.
Some adults have preconceived notions of how things should be.They have built structures in their mind that has solidified with age.
Anything that doesn't fall within that structure is crap.
The fresh consciousness of childhood has been lost long ago.
This is what Christ meant by.....you cannot enter ther kingdom of heaven unless you become as little children.
Everything is new to a child.
Let us consider the statement below.

"Find a quite place. Lie down and close your eyes.Before going to sleep( halfway) think about a place you want to be. Bingo! You'll be there.
If this doesn't work the first time,keep trying.lt works."

How do you see the exercise above?
For someone who has tried this and succeeded,he will support it.He may mention how he was able to do this.He may remember how he learned this as a child or a childhood adventure.He may have learned to do this through following a certain teachings or techniques passed on by a teacher or guide.
He may have had his inspiration from an historic or religious figure who had the ability to move in and out of his body.
Why is such practices curtailed,discouraged or condemned?

"the ability to get-out-of-the-body consciousness has a basic purpose-it is to gain perception,knowledge and understanding.
However,gaining these three qualities will depend upon the individual,as in any other area of learning.This is a field of education in which any individual should endeavour to achieve,but the authoritarians fear anyone who has this ability-because it can be dangerous and destructive to their rule.
Consequently,they don't want any part of it being taught.-and if it is known they will destroy it by:1. Making it a laughing stock, 2.making legal efforts to stop it, 3. By pushing anyone who attempts to use or learn it, Therefore they regulate anything of this nature to the religious systems who in turn put a stop action on all spiritual teachings.They want the senses sharpened through their own system of education,so that they may take charge of the masses.
Intellect is one of the lowest parts of man-perception,understanding,knowledge and being are the highest parts."
-Paul Twitchell

This above clearly shows how someone would brand anyone who talks about of out of body experience as unintelligent.
They wrongly thing the intellect is higher than eg perception.
One who through practicing a technique sees beyond this physical is working at a higher level than one who see and judges everything through the intellect.
Remember the bible verse......what has been hidden from the wise,reveal to babes ans sucklings :lol:
As parents,we teach out children how to fit in. We show them how to make their way in life.
What will be a disservice will be to impact out fears and shortcoming on them.
We may have no use for dreams.This should not make us ruin their dream life.
My daughter would come to me with a dream she had.l adviced her to keep a dream journal.l show her how to review these dreams periodically.
These are the early equipments required for her spiritual laboratory.With a strong foundation,she's able to withstand future storms of doubt.
The path of direct personal experience can survive doubt bashings she will encounter in later life.
Today lm able to stand my ground because of truths l realised through direct experience.
If someone tries to get me to tow his line of thinking gathered through their own experiences,l have my own yardstick.
More Later.l have to finish the decking in my garden right now :lol: :lol:
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:16 pm

Dealing with imposed limitation.
They are people who love to control others.they try to bring everyone they meet to their level.l try to shun such company.They are others who respect your space;they allow you to be. These are the kind of people l love to hang out with.
Sometimes it is not as simple as ABC.
You may be trapped by your parents,your boss at work,head of your church or some other person you depend on.
They may be passing on their fears and beliefs on to you.
This can colour your outlook on life. You may unconsciously be acting presently from certain impositions passed on to you in earlier life.
Such preconceived notions may only be taken away through direct experience.

"As Soul,too,we become hindered by the limitations and lessons that are imposed on us.We are taught:You are a human being who has a Soul.That's what we are taught,but it's backward.Soul is not something that we have,lt's what we are.
I am Soul,and l have a physical body.The body is temporal.Soul has had many bodies in many different lifetimes. Some people think that everything we are on earth happens in one short span of seventy years and ends in the grave.
What kind of God would make us die forever just about the time we've started to learn enough to be useful?"
-Harold Klemp.

How do you come to the understanding that you are Soul with a body and not the way round?
This is achieved through direct experience.The day you(soul) step out of your clay temple,you will stop say my soul.You will know you don't have a Soul.You know you are Soul.
How can you form your spiritual path or take up a certain stance or outlook on life based on what you read or what someone else tells you?
Let us take the fear of death eg. This is largely fear of the unknown.We sometimes see how some people struggle needlessly to hold on the physical body when their time is up.
If they have learn the art of leaving the physical shell whiles living here on earth to visit the inner worlds,their final days will not be such a struggle.There will no reason to fear.
With direct experience,you may be acquainted with living on the inner planes while inhabiting a physical body.
This in many ways takes away the fear of death.
You cannot be talked out of certain fears.Only direct experience wld do.
Take up a spiritual technique.Try it and see if it works.lf it doesn't work,keep looking. What you find out through personal direct experience is a million time up there to anything you are told or read.
You want to move further on from speculation.You are looking for direct experience.

"All paths to God are provided by Spirit for the express purpose of giving Soul in lts varying states of consciousness a choice in how lt wants to return to God.Each path leads to another path,and then to another.lt is one thing to be born into a certain state of consciousness,but we owe it to ourselves to make the effort to reach higher and beyond.
Upon birth,we are given whatever consciousness we need to get from birth to death;the kind that allows us to go to school,learn a trade or a profession,and make our way. But it takes a special effort to go beyond and reach greater states of consciousness. We can do this by direct experience with the Light and Sound of Spirit."
-Harold Klemp

More later
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:15 pm

Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby quophi aletse » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:01 pm

kwame you have a garden???? u grow ur own food or some of the food u eat???
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:27 pm

quophi aletse wrote:kwame you have a garden???? u grow ur own food or some of the food u eat???

Last season's tomato harvest wasn't very good.The pepper struggled because l didnt space them well.they suffered from overcrowding.i plan to improve on that.My neighbour has been very helpful.Our own osofo joint lady Janet has given me tips to grow best tomatoes.
Homegrown veg taste better than supermarket stuff. You have to taste both to know the difference.
My wife brought some GH farm implements that has made work in the garden enjoyable.l have not forgotten how to use the hoe.Grandma took me to farm before l started primary school in Ghana.
Quophi,give me a couple of years and I'll be a master gardener :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby quophi aletse » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:06 pm

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
quophi aletse wrote:kwame you have a garden???? u grow ur own food or some of the food u eat???

Last season's tomato harvest wasn't very good.The pepper struggled because l didnt space them well.they suffered from overcrowding.i plan to improve on that.My neighbour has been very helpful.Our own osofo joint lady Janet has given me tips to grow best tomatoes.
Homegrown veg taste better than supermarket stuff. You have to taste both to know the difference.
My wife brought some GH farm implements that has made work in the garden enjoyable.l have not forgotten how to use the hoe.Grandma took me to farm before l started primary school in Ghana.
Quophi,give me a couple of years and I'll be a master gardener :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: i see kwame ...... more power to u and u sure will become a master gardener ...... i am on that road too and plan to grow majority of the food i eat myself in the near future ..... 8)
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:09 pm

quophi aletse wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:

Great.Let us exchange notes from time to time.Happy gardening.

:lol: :lol: :lol: i see kwame ...... more power to u and u sure will become a master gardener ...... i am on that road too and plan to grow majority of the food i eat myself in the near future ..... 8)
:lol:
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:01 am

The choices we make.
Na who cause am?
We look look closes and find there is not a wrong or right choice really. But does this mean anything goes? Do it mean it doesn't matter the choices we make in life?
Well,there is a law that settles decision making.You can go ahead and make choices in life.You will sooner or later find out there are consequences.lm referring here to cause and effect.
The misery,heartaches,luck and joy in your life today are mostly as a result of your past choices.You create your world.We create our own fortunes and misfortunes.
I read recently that researchers have discovered two new decision centres; the heart and intestines.
We hear sayings like.....my head tells me to do so and so but my heart says no. And l know l shouldn't be doing so and so but my gut feelings is pushing me to act.
For the benefit of a particular forumer,lm not saying the heart organ or our intestines speak :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm sure most people would make sense of my drift here.
The heart whispers.We have gut feelings.
Believing and Knowing.
The two are not the same as we understand.informed choices are largely based of knowingness. And uninformed choices mostly based on believing.
A highlife Ghanaian musician Paa Bobo described this well in one of his old timers songs.He describes a guy who lives in a village in Akyem.He has never been to Accra but always brags about travelling abroad. He has no travelling documents to lies about life abroad.
Let us return to this joint.
I have been beating the drum of direct personal experience on this forum since 2006 under different names.
You can pick up a criticism,contribution,attack or ridicule and find out upon what basis they stem.
What you hear or what you read cannot count as direct experience.You can only theorise or speculate until you experience what you are talking about 1st hand.
And if you are tolerant,you will not attack another person's experience on the sole bases that it disagrees with yours.
More Later
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:12 am

Direct Experience

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoMVtTD3 ... ata_player

Sent from my iPad
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc