Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Roy Hodgson to get England Job?

Talk about the latest matches, your club, etc

Moderators: deciiva, kebashorificatious

Roy Hodgson to get England Job?

Postby Empire of Victory » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:30 am

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/?&topId=10 ... nd&cc=5901

With regard to experience and evaluation of talent there are few mangers in the world better than Roy in my view.

I personally think Spurs played Harry Redknapp out of the Job. :lol: He was viewed as a god but, after he started losing a lot they probably looked at his international experience and other things and went with the safer and most qualified candidate for the job being offered. The job being an International Coach with preference for an Englishman.
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Location: Winners Club: It's about winning!! I am kissing the money John Boye Style...

Postby Seabreeeze » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:01 am

Is this really the man to take England forward? Interesting selection!!
Seabreeeze
BSc
BSc

Postby Empire of Victory » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:08 am

Both of the Coaches who were in line for the Job have Coached Ghanaian players before so in my view, they are good at picking out players but, I think their FA went for the guy with more international experience as I stated earlier .

Some articles I read said they were going for Pep. That in my view would have been the worst choice. He is a great coach but, would need at least 3 years to get the type of team he would need to compete.

The Barcelona system is NOT for sale and takes years to implement. On top of that he resigned from his job due to stress and pressure and needing time off. The England Job is not exactly a vacation!
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Location: Winners Club: It's about winning!! I am kissing the money John Boye Style...

Postby The Ugandan... » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:44 am

Who cares? England's going no where!

Sorry if I insulted your Massa! But truth be told, few coaches can fix the England mess in the little time left. If you're lucky to get a magician to fix the locker room, then you have to contend with the actual football on the green grass. It's too much work!

Let's not forget the Olympics. Team GB will want to grab Rooney, Terry or Lamps too.

It's going to be a lean year for Ghana and their massas Britain. :twisted:
The Ugandan...
BSc
BSc

Postby paabo » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:54 am

The Ugandan... wrote:Who cares? England's going no where!

Sorry if I insulted your Massa! But truth be told, few coaches can fix the England mess in the little time left. If you're lucky to get a magician to fix the locker room, then you have to contend with the actual football on the green grass. It's too much work!

Let's not forget the Olympics. Team GB will want to grab Rooney, Terry or Lamps too.

Nonsense!! :roll:
paabo
Professor
Professor

Postby Empire of Victory » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:09 pm

Mr. Ugandan(huh, what, who, Uganda?????) In all my years I have yet to understand why Uganda has a football team. I figured some law on "causing financial loss" to the state would have gotten rid of that entity or should I say non entity.

In fact the Ugandan team is so bad, walking through the streets of Kampala many would not know who they where :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ugandan wo y3 kwaseato paa waate? Wo maame y3 bonsam. Ofui, aponkyi, preko, kusi, 3nam, aboa mu aboa, 3ne sunsum bone. ABOA!!! :wink: :lol:
Last edited by Empire of Victory on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Postby Empire of Victory » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:10 pm

paabo wrote:
The Ugandan... wrote:Who cares? England's going no where!

Nonsense!! :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is a Ugandan talking I always get confused when I read about the Uganda football team. It always takes me a while to realize we are talking about football when Uganda comes up :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know about England but, Ghana is winning the 2013 Africans cup, 2013 confederations cup and 2014....you know the rest :P :P :P
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Postby Seabreeeze » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:40 pm

Who says it takes years to implement the Barcelona system? Try maybe three months with the right players in place.
Seabreeeze
BSc
BSc

Postby Empire of Victory » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Seabreeeze wrote:Who says it takes years to implement the Barcelona system? Try maybe three months with the right players in place.

Many of those guys have been playing together since they were kids.
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Return to Football