Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

WHY ARE WE ALL AFRAID OF DEATH..?

All about God and Gods

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

Postby maradona » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:02 am

nice story Q, my story is similar to yours i grew up in kumasi and i believe you are also from kumasi. as a kid in kumasi all i knew was whenever a person has a problem he just have to pray and attend as many church as he can. while in kumasi i went to every church atleast once, the only church i dont remember ever going in ghana was a jehovah witness church.
anyway to make a long story short i moved to the state to meet up with my family in the late 90s when i was just in my early teen. when i moved to the state my family was a witness and they decided to make me become one by force and the church was a lot different than what i have experienced it was long and extremely boring for me and also the elders never answered any of my questions.? everytime i asked them something i could tell they had no clue and they will lie to make it look like they have all the answers in the world. :lol: so around 2000 that church quickly made me an athiest. recently i started thinking about why we here and many questions about life. while doing my own thinking i figured if anyone has any clue about where we came from and about life it would be a scientist and not someone who has spent his time reading just one book and following orders. unlike you i never thought about psychology books will have any answers about life. i will try to check out some of the book you have suggested and see what i can get out of it.
maradona
BSc
BSc

Postby maradona » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:12 am

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
maradona wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:An Unexpected Visit
A Night Visitor Helps Dispel the Mystery of Death
By JS

As my mother neared the end of her life, my husband and I decided to invite her to come live with us. She accepted, and we rearranged our home to give her a room of her own.

One night there was a terrible storm. The thunder and lightning woke me up. I wondered if it had disturbed my mother. My mother's room had a monitor so she could call me if she needed me, but it had been silent all night.

I checked on her anyway and found her fast asleep. I went back to bed and soon drifted off myself.

Suddenly, I heard something on the monitor. It sounded like movement in my mother's room. I wondered if she was trying to get out of bed by herself.

Then I heard her say "Hello," as if she were greeting someone. Was she dreaming? Then she started to count out loud, "One, two, three!" as she often did with me when I helped her out of bed.

Somebody was in her room!

Then I heard a man's voice speaking to my mother. The voice was powerful, strong, and loving. It stunned me. I noticed my dog had his ears cocked toward my mother's room. He was hearing this too!

The man said to her, "You are a beautiful woman. Rejoice, and rise up!"

I started toward her room, and suddenly all the lights went out in the house. I was in total darkness.

When I finally got to the room, my mother was asleep. No one else was there. Puzzled, I went back to bed. I wondered if Divine Spirit was sending someone to help her take the next step into a new life.

The next morning, I decided to ask her if she had any visitors in the night. She gave me a little smile and said yes.

I could tell she was scared. Her religion hadn't prepared her for the transition from life to death, and she didn't understand what was happening to her.

I asked the Mahanta to show me a way to help my mother.

A few days later, I got an inner nudge to read an issue of the Eckankar Journal. I opened to a story about the Tibetan ECK Master Rebazar Tarzs. Was he our mysterious night visitor?

A few days later, I got another nudge to ask my mother more about the man who came to visit her.

First, I showed her a picture of Jesus and asked her if that was the man in her room. She said no, it wasn't Jesus.

"Maybe it was Dad," I said. My father had died many years ago. Perhaps he was coming to help her.

"No," she laughed. "Dad was shorter and fatter. It's not him."

Then I brought her the Eckankar Journal and opened to the page with Rebazar's picture.

"What about this man?" I asked. "Did he come to visit you?"

"That's him!" she exclaimed, without hesitation.

Rebazar Tarzs was indeed my mother's mysterious night visitor.

Over the next few weeks, we had some wonderful conversations as I showed her pictures of other ECK Masters. The experience with Rebazar helped me share the ECK teachings with my mother in a way she could understand.

A short time later, she died peacefully in her sleep.

It's an amazing thing how the ECK Masters help you. Even though my mother was not a member of Eckankar, Rebazar Tarzs helped her face the fear of death. His visit helped bring us closer together and was a wonderful gift for both of us.

Excerpted from the 2008 Eckankar Journal, copyright © 2007 ECKANKAR. All rights reserved.

interesting story kwame, have you personally seen the eck masters spiritually before.?

Yes Maradona

so after one week you come up with a "yes" :lol: :lol:
maradona
BSc
BSc

Postby Q' lypse » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:30 am

maradona wrote:so after one week you come up with a "yes" :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:04 pm

Q' lypse wrote:

Come on Maradona! You asked the question on Wednesday and l replied on Friday. :lol: :lol:
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Q' lypse » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:35 pm

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:

Come on Maradona! You asked the question on Wednesday and l replied on Friday. :lol: :lol:
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc

Postby Social Butterfly » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:20 pm

I will approach it in a spiritual context, because this is a religious forum. As children of the creator of life. We understand that death is not the end of our lives, but the beginning of everlasting life. If we approach it from a physical, carnal point of view. We will find that fear is present when we think of death. Nobody wants to leave this world prematurely nor unaccomplished. So, fear is a normal human response. However, when we view ourselves as spiritual beings. We can reconcile our lives with death, understanding that death is gain as the word of God declares.
Social Butterfly
Johnny Just Come
Johnny Just Come

Postby discount double check » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:49 am

Q' lypse wrote:
And apparently there are more souls waiting for disabled bodies than there are souls waiting to get in healthy bodies. The lessons or the experince souls gain in incomplete bodies is major and this explains the reason why the waiting list is long.

:shock: :oops: :lol: :lol: This forum is funny.
discount double check
SSS
SSS

Postby Q' lypse » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:51 am

discount double check wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:
And apparently there are more souls waiting for disabled bodies than there are souls waiting to get in healthy bodies. The lessons or the experince souls gain in incomplete bodies is major and this explains the reason why the waiting list is long.

Why?
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc

Postby discount double check » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:10 am

Q' lypse wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:

Why?
There are "interesting" things here. :lol: :lol: One of the guys here is killing me on the social forum at the same time :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: By the way, can you tell me more about these body snatchers? :wink:
discount double check
SSS
SSS

Postby Q' lypse » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:31 am

Q' lypse wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:

Why?
There are "interesting" things here. :lol: :lol: One of the guys here is killing me on the social forum at the same time :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: By the way, can you tell me more about these body snatchers? :wink:
Body snatchers? Are YOU your body?
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc

Postby quophi aletse » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Q' lypse wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:

Why?

:lol: :lol: :lol: nobody is doing anything to you na stop ur nansis :lol: :lol:
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter

Postby discount double check » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:42 pm

quophi aletse wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:

Why?

i have not mentioned your name oo :lol: :lol:
discount double check
SSS
SSS

Postby Q' lypse » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:42 pm

quophi aletse wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:

Why?

i have not mentioned your name oo :lol: :lol:

so are you going to answer my question?
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc

PreviousNext

Return to Osofo Joint (religion)