ehi Opia, na asem ben koraa ni
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby OPIAMENSA » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:44 pm

Q' lypse wrote:ehi Opia, na asem ben koraa ni

Odo y3 wu . 3y3 religion.
woannhw3 ne yie a wonnhu no yie.
btw did you post the picture a black-faced Michael Jackson on another thread on this forum. Maybe it is on this very thread.

That image is is close to the Michael image (minus the pointy nose) I prefer
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:32 pm

Made of the Light of God
A Sacred Meeting Brings a Confirmation of God's Love
By AF

Many years ago, before I became a member of Eckankar, I was teaching a jewelry-making class and struck up a conversation with one of my students. We found we had a lot in common. Over the course of the class, we became friends.

One day, we began to talk about meditation. My friend seemed very interested in the topic.

"Do you meditate?" she asked.

I told her I did.

"I meditate too," she replied.

After a moment, she asked, "Do you ever sing HU?"

I'd never heard of singing HU before and asked her what she meant.

"HU is an ancient love song to God," she said. "Do you have any problems with your life?"

"Yes, I do," I replied. "I've always had a problem with low self-esteem."

"Well, you can say a prayer," she said. "You can ask for God's help in healing your low self-esteem, and then sing HU."

That night, I decided to try singing HU. I closed my eyes and asked God to help me find a way to heal my low self-esteem. Then I repeatedly sang the word HU.

Suddenly, I saw a ball of Blue Light in my mind's eye. Then, inwardly, a man with glasses appeared.

"Did you call me?" he asked.

Surprised, I replied, "I don't know. Did I?" I was a little confused and didn't know what to make of this experience.

"Well, yes, " he said. "You sang HU."

"I guess I did call you then," I said.

"Is there a problem I can help you with?" he asked.

I told him about my difficulty with low self-esteem and asked him if there was something he could suggest.

In response, he showed me my spiritual body. It was made of beautiful Light.

"All people are the Light of God," he said. "You are the Light of God, and God loves you."

"I'm the Light of God, and God loves me?" I repeated as I pondered his words.

"Yes," he answered.

After a few moments, he asked, "Will there be anything else?"

"No, I guess that's it," I said.

"Well, then," he continued, "may the blessings be!"

"May the blessings be to you too. Thank you!"

Then he was gone.

His words rang inside me. I was made of the Light of God, and God loves me! I had actually seen my Light-filled spiritual body. After that experience, my problem with self-esteem began to fade. Soon, it was only a distant memory.

Years later, I discovered the teachings of Eckankar and immediately recognized Sri Harold Klemp, the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master of our times. He was the man with glasses who came to me in a ball of Blue Light all those years ago. He had come to help me with the problem of low self-esteem long before I consciously knew of the ECK Masters.

I was reminded again of what he had said to me that night: "All people are the Light of God."

What a wonderful confirmation of God's love!

Excerpted from the 2010 Eckankar Journal, copyright © 2009 ECKANKAR. All rights reserved.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby quophi aletse » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:47 pm

OPIAMENSA wrote:
Quophi:
Pls stop hitting your head against the wall. And do not subscribe to the fact that people will believe wateva they choose. There are pitfalls in that thought process. Most Africans/Ghanaians do not believe what they choose. They have either been tricked or coerced into believing that when it comes to religion, the foreign ones are best: the local ones are satanic. Reminds me of the sheep bleat in Animal Farm - Foreign religion Good Local religion Baaaaaaad!

We were forced to abandon our authentic African religions, rather violently and through chicanery. Some of us were caned or whipped because we will not go to church on Sundays. Now that is as violent as Taleban justice! No choices there.

What we forget is that there is no difference between the pope and the leader of an "uncontacted" group living in the Amazon. The pope chooses to worship at an altar underneath which the bones of a so-called St Peter are buried while the other chooses to worship close to the bones of his ancestors.

I believe it was Acharya who wrote that "Religion has always filled the mind of man with darkness, and kept him in ignorance. It is only by dispelling the clouds and phantoms of Religion, that we shall discover Truth, Reason, and Morality. Religion diverts us from the causes of evils, and from the remedies which nature prescribes but far from curing, it only aggravates, multiplies, and perpetuates them." This includes Judaism, Islam, Akonnedi, Christianity, Tigare, Eck, Buddhism, etc etc. Sadly the Jews believe that the creator God has chosen them and only speaks to them. The result is an America impotent to enforce its ideals of rule of law in the face of the slaughter of those Palestinians. And the fact that they are Moslems does not help one bit!

By the way I do not worship the sun. I did not say so and did not even imply that. Please refer to my words above. I keep it real. If I worship the sun, I will say so clearly.

opia i did not say u said u worship the sun ..... i said "worship the sun or do what feels right to u" ...

anyways we were just simply talking about the heart of god and what the implications of the phrase as i do view god as a person to literally have a heart and from my interactions with kwame, im aware he has very similar view points...... that is the core of the discussion here.

now to the extra curricular activities u have introduced... i have no problem with that..... just start practicing the authentic african religions that africans were forced to abandon. im sure life will bring u people will old similar perceptions and una can proceed in liberating the african from the white god or whatever details of the problem is in ur mind ..... i have no problem with that .... and what is this most africans do not believe what they choose???? u cannot keep choosing something over and over again without a dominant belief that justifies why the choosing of that thing is beneficial compared to other opposing beliefs that points to the non beneficial aspects of that same choice.

moving on ......... yes we were brought up in a certain religion etc ..... but now that we are grown up .... is it not up to ur and me to exercise other god given mental capabilities on an individual level by examining our beliefs making the necessary adjustment ..... be it going back to the "authentic african religion" or wateva u feels right to u????

or u propose we keep crying foul and keep shouting, the white man has done this to me, the white man has done this to my people, religion has done this to me, religion has done this to the african???? stating what is so changes nothing ..... so if in ur mind and reality what is so is the calamities foreign religions have bestowed on the african ...... to what end will stating what is so lead????

practise or go back to the authentic african religion .... when other africans see the peace and joy ur authentic african religion is giving u, they will tell u i want what u have and u can now teach them effectively, ur authentic african religon ......

u can also share the current authentic african religion u are practising wih us here ..... the forum can learn a lot from ur experiences with the authentic african religions
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter

Postby OPIAMENSA » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:39 am

Pitfalls galore! Quophi:

For me to start worshipping anything or anyone or prescribe worship for anyone means I have not listened to my own advise. Any worship introduces a power dynamic – the powerfulness and the powerlessness. It can quickly become misleading just like christianity, judaism, islam or whatever. It also leads into abuse; emotional, psychological and sexual. So there is no need to worship anything or demand worship from anyone. We are all uniquely free, with free powerful minds

Sadly we have traded our powerful selves for a state of powerlessness and cling to a need to find a father or mother in heaven long after our hormones have propelled us into adulthood. We remain forever mental, emotional and spiritual children seeking guidance from 'those who know what is best for the world and for us'. I can think of popes, gurus, eck masters, bishops, prophets and prophetesses etc. It is exceedingly dopey to see 'followers' leave a particular religion or sect and rush into another of similar nature because the need in them to worship and to be led is so profound and deep-rooted. My simple advise to them: You don't become un-possessed just by leaving the guru, reverend or pastor who arranged your possession. You stop religion-shopping in order to curtail the possession and repossession. Because religion is a misplaced desire to find a 'saviour' or 'eck master', to tell you what to do and think. Through religions, sects and cults, we unconsciously have chosen to become spiritual babies looking for guidance. We only expose our wallets and minds to external control by 'those who know what is best for us'.

I have learned to avoid this 'possession' and 'repossession' – I call myself a recovering christian. I do not worship anything or anyone. I do not allow myself the folly of having anyone teach me any hidden or lost scrolls or some other holy book kaka-mania. And I am NOT ready to sit idly by either because these violent religions have a way of lulling you into inaction. They came in rather violently and having succeeded in bending African minds, they tell you to respect others and what they do or worship. They did not respect yours in the first place. Furthermore, they are busy pushing their misplaced ideals into government policy. I stand ready to push back wherever and whenever I see it.

For me, anyone who seeks to worship something or anyone who demands religious allegiance is a suspect. Why does anyone want to 'look up' to something or want others to 'look up' to them? It is always the beginning of a scam or some disease. And that disease afflicts the worshipper and the worshipped equally. The same emotional disease that afflict the worshipper afflicts the worshipped. I am not interested in that.

By saying, QUOTE - "the white man has done this to me, the white man has done this to my people, religion has done this to me, religion has done this to the african????" - UNQUOTE, If I am able to give someone an aha moment that is just fine with me. I do not need 'hoi polloi' 'followers', 'admirers' etc. etc. The world is drowning in a tsunami of followers and the followed. Enough Already!!. We need to take our minds back and stop swapping them for another religion or cult.

Let me share a personal story. My adult children and I recently visited a friend from my high school days. After name introductions, he asked me if my children have 'English' names. I quickly replied, “I will tell you their 'English' names if you can you show me an 'English' man who has given his children African names.” He did not seem happy with my response, however he called me a few days later and confessed that he had not thought through this whole English name thing. And by the way my adult children do not worship anything or demand to be worshipped either. If each of us teaches our offspring these simple things the world will be rid of weak minds who forever embark upon an unending quest for masters. (Kwame Nyame are you feeling me?)

We have to start thinking through these things. We risk a continued state of mental and spiritual slavery if we don't. Above all we continue to needlessly expose our children too.
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:25 am

Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby OPIAMENSA » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:17 pm

There is nothing an Eck Master can teach me about spirituality, I will not spend my precious time at the link indicated. I would like to know if

1. you have an opinion?
2. you have a mind of your own?
3. you can expand on or summarise or express your OWN mind and opinion on whatever you read from YOUR Eck Masters.
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS

Postby quophi aletse » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:11 pm

@opia .....

i get u that u are not advocating for people or perhaps more specifically the african to worship anything external ....... i have similar view points and i dont worship anything. I thank the universe through appreciation but do not worship anything.

now i heard u talking about authentic african religions ......

what are these religions, and there are no worship in authentic african religions??

also are u saying the african should get back to the authentic african religions???

im trying to understand what is going on here ....... because once again the core of the discussion here is about symbolism and the 3d mind which is y we have sayings like heart of god ..... it has nothing to do with any religion ..... and also god is a word that means something different to different many people ..... so it is not just within religious circles ..... that is the core of my initial participation in this discussion .....

human beings use words ....... and words are SYMBOLS that point our minds to experiences, feelings, state etc in a very mundane way and does little to no justice about the actuality of the experience/feelings/states/etc it is pointing to....

u understand this about words right??? if so then the heart of god should not be a burden to u..... but its fine if it is a burden to u ..... its all good

i am not an eckist or a follower of eckankar or a buddhist or jewish or christian or any other religion but the heart of god has meaning to me.

seriously ...... are u saying that unless u are religious, the heart of god should have no meaning ......

everything is everywhere in this discussion ..... im not sure of the underlining factors when i read deeper into ur responses ......
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:08 pm

OPIAMENSA wrote:There is nothing an Eck Master can teach me about spirituality, I will not spend my precious time at the link indicated. I would like to know if

1. you have an opinion?
2. you have a mind of your own?
3. you can expand on or summarise or express your OWN mind and opinion on whatever you read from YOUR Eck Masters.

Opia,lm sure you have more important things to do with your precious time than waste it on my links or what l have to say.
And l guess you may be right;there is nothing an ECK Master can teach you about spirituality.
lf you find out l don't have a mind of my own,at least you have learned something from me.Kwame Nyame is an empty shell. :lol: :lol:
Your post here reminds me of something Galileo said......
"l have never met a man so ignorant that l couldn't learn something from him"
We learn from all.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby OPIAMENSA » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:57 pm

I wish you'd quote scientists like Galileo instead of those F'eck masters. I meant fake.
We can learn and gain a lot from scientists. Eck masters on the other hand are like missionaries - suspicious, shifty and outright bone lazy and come from the dregs of society.
Are you aware that the religious inquisitors placed Galileo under house arrest? And had he not persisted the world may have been deprived of his inventions?
Finally here is what another scientist Isaac Asimov said of Galileo - "Galileo was always making himself unpopular with influential people, for he had a brilliant and caustic wit and he could not resist using that wit to make jackasses -- and therefore bitter enemies -- of those who disagreed with him. Even as a college student, he had been nicknamed "the wrangler" because of his argumentativeness."
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS

Postby OPIAMENSA » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:22 am

quophi aletse wrote: ..... are u saying the african should get back to the authentic african religions
... No. I do not prescribe worship/religion. However, I'd be proud if Africans worshipped African-made Gods instead foreign-made Gods like Yahweh, Allah etc. Why? Because to me religion is like the smell of sh!t. It is easy to sit in ones steamy stinky stench but harder to smell the stench from another person's steaming stinker.
quophi aletse wrote:and also god is a word that means something different to different many people ..... so it is not just within religious circles ..... that is the core of my initial participation in this discussion .....
I think that word has been usurped by religionists. I would use alternate words.

quophi aletse wrote: everything is everywhere in this discussion ..... im not sure of the underlining factors when i read deeper into ur responses ......
if you stopped hitting your head against the wall you'd see my drift. Nuff Respect for your views. And I mean it!
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:14 am

How are the Spiritual Exercises of ECK (contemplation) different from prayer and meditation?
Beyond prayer is contemplation.

Contemplation is a method that enables you to begin to go out and actively explore the inner worlds of your own being. It is different than meditation, a passive state in which the practitioner goes within and just quietly waits for the light.

One contemplative technique is to read something inspirational—a biblical verse or a passage from the ECK writings—then shut your eyes and look inwardly, very gently, at the form of an ECK Master, Jesus, or any figure you feel is a spiritual traveler. Ask to be shown the truth. You can ask for love, wisdom, and understanding, but something greater than these three things, which are only attributes of God, is to ask for the realization of God.
FAQ
www.eckankar.org
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Re: HU Can Create Miracles ln Your Life

Postby k.sankofa » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:24 am

i tried it, sang hu; it didn't work!
k.sankofa
BSc
BSc

Postby Q' lypse » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:24 pm

k.sankofa wrote:i tried it, sang hu; it didn't work!
im not sure but i think maybe you have to be initiated first
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby quophi aletse » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:08 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sing wat ur heart calls u to sing sankofa ....

what is ur heart calling u to sing now?? tuabodom by praye or koobi aware3 by AYONKO ASIWA GROUP?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter

Postby k.sankofa » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:22 pm

oh quophi, eckankar nyame no answer prayers ooo :lol: just being open-minded and giving it a try. perhaps what i desire is out of eck nyame's scope . . . and please don't go philosophical on my a$$. if you type one of your thesis i ain't gonna read :lol: :lol:

koobi aware3 any day!! :lol: :lol:

@ 'lypso, massa me p3 me de3 ntem, no time for initiation :roll: you dig :lol:
k.sankofa
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:42 pm

l will share a little personal experience that may throw some light on singing HU.
l first heard about HU somewhere around 1987.l told a few friends about this word.4 of us started chanting HU 10 to 15 minutes daily.They started having experiences.
1987 as the first time of hearing HU isn't exactly true.l remember as a child going to the farm with my grandmother and uncle.The practice is to chant a long HU to locate someone in the forest.lt was explained to me that it was not safe to call out people's names in the forest as evil spirits could intercept and cause havoc.A safe way to find lost persons or establish your location was to sing HU.This sounded like whooooooooooo.
l understand the same practice takes place among fishermen.
l don't know where our forebears got this practice from.
l remember one friend while chanting HU heard a pop(sound of openning a bottle of wine) in his ears.This made his jump.Later,l understood it was one of the sounds one hears before/during Soul leaving the body.
Another friend during singing HU felt like being lifted from his sit.l was the only person in the group not having any experience.l decided to redouble my effort.l was dying to find out if what l read and heard about this ancient and sacred word of God was indeed true.
lt took me many weeks.l was pushing.And the funny thing was when it happened,l was frightened.l later understood too there was ABSOLUTELY nothing to fear about singing HU.
HU is a love song to God.lt is a word anyone can use to open the heart to love,divine love.
lt is not very common to hear people noticing results the few times they sing HU.Like many things in life,you do it with sincerity and some perseverance to chalk success or result.
l must quickly add that to sing HU and find out it doesn't work may be a far better place to be than criticise and speculate about it without trying.
Qlypse,HU is for the world.HU can be used by anyone for spiritual upliftment.You don't have to be initiated into anything to use HU.
When l say HU works,my authority for saying that is personal.lt works for me.lt may work for you.
And l like the angle Quophi took on the matter.lf HU doesn't work and you want to try another word,why not?.Jesus,Tigare,Akonedi,Aum,Shanti or even your own name.
Stick with what works for you basically.
l will not for the life of me criticise something l have no knowledge about.lt is scientific.lt doesn't make sense to throw darts at something you don't know or haven't tried.
lf eg after chanting Jesus for 10 years,l come to say there is nothing in that name,l would be saying it standing on firm ground.lt could even then be argued that l was singing it wrongly or my heart was not into it.
l hope lm making a bit of sense here.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:58 pm

k.sankofa wrote:oh quophi, eckankar nyame no answer prayers ooo :lol: just being open-minded and giving it a try. perhaps what i desire is out of eck nyame's scope . . . and please don't go philosophical on my a$$. if you type one of your thesis i ain't gonna read :lol: :lol:

koobi aware3 any day!! :lol: :lol:

There's a story about a guy driving home after a short trip.A few miles from home,he realised the petrol gauge was on empty.He didn't check this before setting out.
lt was dark and he was worried the car wld stall and prevent him from reaching home.He decided to sing HU.He was asking for divine intevention.
While sing HU,an inner voice suddenly asked him...."Do you want God or Gas?"
This experience taught him that HU is a non directional prayer.HU is not God give me this,God give me that prayer.
He should have checked his petrol gauge before setting out.He got home alright.But the experience taught him a valuable lesson.
Your illness may be due to the poor diet.Laying of hands may cure the symptoms.But the illness will remain or crop up later.
The true miracle is taking charge of your diet.
Singing HU may not give you what you want.However singing HU can bringing you all you need to make you a better person;a better being.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Q' lypse » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:20 am

quophi aletse wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sing wat ur heart calls u to sing sankofa ....

what is ur heart calling u to sing now?? tuabodom by praye or koobi aware3 by AYONKO ASIWA GROUP?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
waa hw3
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby Q' lypse » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:27 am

k.sankofa wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: to where? where r u goin with it? in a hurry to where? :lol:
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

PreviousNext