Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

HU Can Create Miracles ln Your Life

All about God and Gods

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:33 am

Comparing the Heart to the God Centre,Quophi said it is like the blood(Life Force) leaving the centre and returning to it.(Paraphrasing)

My understanding is that the Wave of the Voice of God,which is the Holy Spirit or whatever name you want to give to the Life Force or Essence of God,flows outwardly or issue forth from the Ocean of Love and Mercy,Heart of God,Fountain Head,reaching all the vast universes of all creation;from the spiritual to the material worlds.
Then it flows back into the ocean again.
So this great wave comes out of the Heart of God and goes out to the outermost bounds of creation.
Then it flows back to its original source.
l must point out here that what l say is not the Eckankar position or that of the Spiritual Head Harold Klemp.
lam simply saying the little l know on the subject. l think Quophi,like me in a way is pointing at the central theme with his analogy of heart and blood.


The Way Of Eternal(Eck Bible) states....


"The aim and purpose of Eckankar has always been to take Soul by lts own path back to lts divine source."


We came from the Heart of God..and we shall return to the heart of God.Each one of us;in our own time.
So this wave can be compared to what happens when you drop a pebble in a still pond.The waves moves out(centrifugal force) from the central axis.Then touches the edge of the pond and returns(centripetal force) to the centre.
lt is the returning wave that seekers of truth want to catch.Soul rides on the returning wave back home to God.lt is the same wave that brought Soul to the Physical World.
This is the little l know on this subject.
l think Quophi's explanation makes a lot of sense.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Location: London

Postby Janet » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Q' lypse wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
quophi aletse wrote:
OPIAMENSA wrote:Does God have a heart?


:lol: :lol: :lol: opia and ntokwa hunu ...... anyways my understanding is that, we humans with our limited perspective are so focus in current locale that certain things outside of our locale are virtually nonsensical as we cannot relate to it .....

of course the is not literally beating heart that belongs to somebody called god here ..... but the symbolism from a heart which is pumping blood out and the blood eventually returning to it, the center that aids in blood circulation..... we can reduce the heart of god as the center where all is pumped out and eventually returns back to it.

it is just symbolism ..... most of our vocabs and physical elements within our locale are inapplicable outside of our locale.

even most of our dreams at night that we remember undergo translation through symbolism as the actual reality of the dream b4 translation will be nonsensical and not relate-able.


:D
Quophi,lts either you have become an Eckist,talked to or read an ECK book or the path you are on is close to it.
l like your explanation here.
:D


clearing my throat uughhhnmm ugghnmmm


What's the matter, pastor Q? :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Janet
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:04 am
Location: USA

Postby Q' lypse » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:38 pm

Janet wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
quophi aletse wrote:
OPIAMENSA wrote:Does God have a heart?


:lol: :lol: :lol: opia and ntokwa hunu ...... anyways my understanding is that, we humans with our limited perspective are so focus in current locale that certain things outside of our locale are virtually nonsensical as we cannot relate to it .....

of course the is not literally beating heart that belongs to somebody called god here ..... but the symbolism from a heart which is pumping blood out and the blood eventually returning to it, the center that aids in blood circulation..... we can reduce the heart of god as the center where all is pumped out and eventually returns back to it.

it is just symbolism ..... most of our vocabs and physical elements within our locale are inapplicable outside of our locale.

even most of our dreams at night that we remember undergo translation through symbolism as the actual reality of the dream b4 translation will be nonsensical and not relate-able.


:D
Quophi,lts either you have become an Eckist,talked to or read an ECK book or the path you are on is close to it.
l like your explanation here.
:D


clearing my throat uughhhnmm ugghnmmm


What's the matter, pastor Q? :lol: :lol: :lol:


uugghhmm uuugghhmm, indirect recruitment, ugghhmm, clearing my throat
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20352
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:33 pm

Q' lypse wrote:
Janet wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
quophi aletse wrote:
OPIAMENSA wrote:Does God have a heart?


:lol: :lol: :lol: opia and ntokwa hunu ...... anyways my understanding is that, we humans with our limited perspective are so focus in current locale that certain things outside of our locale are virtually nonsensical as we cannot relate to it .....

of course the is not literally beating heart that belongs to somebody called god here ..... but the symbolism from a heart which is pumping blood out and the blood eventually returning to it, the center that aids in blood circulation..... we can reduce the heart of god as the center where all is pumped out and eventually returns back to it.

it is just symbolism ..... most of our vocabs and physical elements within our locale are inapplicable outside of our locale.

even most of our dreams at night that we remember undergo translation through symbolism as the actual reality of the dream b4 translation will be nonsensical and not relate-able.


:D
Quophi,lts either you have become an Eckist,talked to or read an ECK book or the path you are on is close to it.
l like your explanation here.
:D


clearing my throat uughhhnmm ugghnmmm


What's the matter, pastor Q? :lol: :lol: :lol:


uugghhmm uuugghhmm, indirect recruitment, ugghhmm, clearing my throat


l am not here to proselytize,convert,recruit directly or indirectly.lt is against spiritual law.
l picked up something Quophi said and made a comment about it.l added an explanation of what he said and how it closely related to my understanding of an aspect of the teaching.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Location: London

Postby Q' lypse » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:21 am

*Whistling*... *Whistling*

I was taking all this lightly until you used all those verbs. What about advertisement? From my perspective, I would like to ask, do you think you commercialize ECK by any chance? And if you do, is it against spiritual laws?
Last edited by Q' lypse on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20352
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby quophi aletse » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:31 pm

Q' lypse wrote:
Janet wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
quophi aletse wrote:
OPIAMENSA wrote:Does God have a heart?


:lol: :lol: :lol: opia and ntokwa hunu ...... anyways my understanding is that, we humans with our limited perspective are so focus in current locale that certain things outside of our locale are virtually nonsensical as we cannot relate to it .....

of course the is not literally beating heart that belongs to somebody called god here ..... but the symbolism from a heart which is pumping blood out and the blood eventually returning to it, the center that aids in blood circulation..... we can reduce the heart of god as the center where all is pumped out and eventually returns back to it.

it is just symbolism ..... most of our vocabs and physical elements within our locale are inapplicable outside of our locale.

even most of our dreams at night that we remember undergo translation through symbolism as the actual reality of the dream b4 translation will be nonsensical and not relate-able.


:D
Quophi,lts either you have become an Eckist,talked to or read an ECK book or the path you are on is close to it.
l like your explanation here.
:D


clearing my throat uughhhnmm ugghnmmm


What's the matter, pastor Q? :lol: :lol: :lol:


uugghhmm uuugghhmm, indirect recruitment, ugghhmm, clearing my throat


indirect recruiting paaaa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter
 
Posts: 30102
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:29 pm
Location: here

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Q' lypse wrote:*Whistling*... *Whistling*

I was taking all this lightly until you used all those verbs. What about advertisement? From my perspective, I would like to ask, do you think you commercialize ECK by any chance? And you do, it against spiritual laws?


SPIRITUAL LAW OF NONINTERFERENCE
"Soul's responsibility not to interfere in the affairs of another Soul,but to allow others their freedom.To interfere usually involves a lack of love.
lmpatience and offering uninvited advice are often symptons.Even the Living ECK Master does not enter into someone's personal affairs without definite permission.
This spiritual law forbids it.
ECKANKAR DICTIONARY


The Golden Rule simply means if you don't want people meddling in your life without permission,then you ought to extend that same privilege to others.
Eckankar organises introductory talks,workshops and seminars around the world.Posters are put out.Flyers go out.Friends and family are invited.Newspapers,Radio and TV are used.Social media is used.The internet is used.


"Whether it's knowledge of lawn care or knowledge of spiritual laws or spiritual beliefs or anything else,we don't have the right to push our beliefs upon anyone else.Nor does anyone else have the right to push their beliefs on us.This is part of the freedom of Soul.....
Why should anyone religion try to suppress another simply because they feel it's their right to do so? This is a violation of spiritual law.You cannot force others to do your will and call it God's will"
THE SECRET OF LOVE
Sri Harold Klemp



l remember when l first joined Eckankar,l was so excited l tried to share my experiences with anyone within an earshot.lt didn't take long before l learned about the law of noninterference.
l have been on this joint for many years now. l love to learn and share.l will not deliberately violate another forumer space by pushing my belief on them.
To try to change another person's belief without permission is serious violation of spiritual law.
Last edited by Kwame Nyame 64 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Location: London

Postby Q' lypse » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:*Whistling*... *Whistling*

I was taking all this lightly until you used all those verbs. What about advertisement? From my perspective, I would like to ask, do you think you commercialize ECK by any chance? And you do, it against spiritual laws?


SPIRITUAL LAW OF NONINTERFERENCE
"Soul's responsibility not to interfere in the affairs of another Soul,but to allow others their freedom.To interfere usually involves a lack of love.
lmpatience and offering uninvited advice are often symptons.Even the Living ECK Master does not enter into someone's personal affairs without definite permission.
This spiritual law forbids it.
ECKANKAR DICTIONARY


The Golden Rule simply means if you don't want people meddling in your life without permission,then you ought to extend that same privilege to others.
Eckankar organises introductory talks,workshops and seminars around the world.Posters are put out.Flyers go out.Friends and family are invited.Newspapers,Radio and TV are used.Social media is used.The internet is used.
"Whether it's knowledge of lawn care or knowledge of spiritual laws or spiritual beliefs or anything else,we don't have the right to push our beliefs upon anyone else.Nor does anyone else have the right to push their beliefs on us.This is part of the freedom of Soul.....
Why should anyone religion try to suppress another simply because they feel it's their right to do so? This is a violation of spiritual law.You cannot force others to do your will and call it God's will"
THE SECRET OF LOVE
Sri Harold Klemp



l remember when l first joined Eckankar,l was so excited l tried to share my experiences with anyone within an earshot.lt didn't take long before l learned about the law of noninterference.
l have been on this joint for many years now. l love to learn and share.l will not deliberately violate another forumer space by pushing my belief on them.
To try to change another person's belief without permission is serious violation of spiritual law.


Im not saying that, but you usually slot in a small small, check out (click link), meboa?
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20352
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:30 pm

Q' lypse wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:*Whistling*... *Whistling*

I was taking all this lightly until you used all those verbs. What about advertisement? From my perspective, I would like to ask, do you think you commercialize ECK by any chance? And you do, it against spiritual laws?


SPIRITUAL LAW OF NONINTERFERENCE
"Soul's responsibility not to interfere in the affairs of another Soul,but to allow others their freedom.To interfere usually involves a lack of love.
lmpatience and offering uninvited advice are often symptons.Even the Living ECK Master does not enter into someone's personal affairs without definite permission.
This spiritual law forbids it.
ECKANKAR DICTIONARY


The Golden Rule simply means if you don't want people meddling in your life without permission,then you ought to extend that same privilege to others.
Eckankar organises introductory talks,workshops and seminars around the world.Posters are put out.Flyers go out.Friends and family are invited.Newspapers,Radio and TV are used.Social media is used.The internet is used.
"Whether it's knowledge of lawn care or knowledge of spiritual laws or spiritual beliefs or anything else,we don't have the right to push our beliefs upon anyone else.Nor does anyone else have the right to push their beliefs on us.This is part of the freedom of Soul.....
Why should anyone religion try to suppress another simply because they feel it's their right to do so? This is a violation of spiritual law.You cannot force others to do your will and call it God's will"
THE SECRET OF LOVE
Sri Harold Klemp



l remember when l first joined Eckankar,l was so excited l tried to share my experiences with anyone within an earshot.lt didn't take long before l learned about the law of noninterference.
l have been on this joint for many years now. l love to learn and share.l will not deliberately violate another forumer space by pushing my belief on them.
To try to change another person's belief without permission is serious violation of spiritual law.


Im not saying that, but you usually slot in a small small, check out (click link), meboa?


One is required to pay a price for breaking spiritual laws.l know this very clearly.lt makes no difference whether you know about it or not.lgnorance is no excuse.
lm learning all the time.As much as possible,l try to be alert.l try not to get carried away.lt is about trying to take responsibility for your every action.lts ok to make mistakes.You learn from it and try not to repeat them.You make notes.You grow.You do things better.
You see,most times,problems come to us because Divine Spirit is trying to alert us to a law we have broken.Awareness is very important if you want to grow.
So why would l want to take on another's karma or incur karma by violating another's space?
l'll put out what l believe and know.What you make of it is up to you.l don't want you to try and change my belief so l'll do my best not to try and change your belief.
We have agreed to discuss matters here.That is what belonging to a joint like this means.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Location: London

Postby Q' lypse » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:l'll put out what l believe and know.What you make of it is up to you.

but when you post a link, check out...... its about what YOU believe and know and has nothing to do with another?

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:l don't want you to try and change my belief so l'll do my best not to try and change your belief.
huh? what are you going on about? ehi. :lol:
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20352
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:28 pm

Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Location: London

Postby OPIAMENSA » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:26 pm

quophi aletse wrote:
OPIAMENSA wrote:Does God have a heart?


:lol: :lol: :lol: opia and ntokwa hunu ...... anyways my understanding is that, we humans with our limited perspective are so focus in current locale that certain things outside of our locale are virtually nonsensical as we cannot relate to it .....

of course the is not literally beating heart that belongs to somebody called god here ..... but the symbolism from a heart which is pumping blood out and the blood eventually returning to it, the center that aids in blood circulation..... we can reduce the heart of god as the center where all is pumped out and eventually returns back to it.

it is just symbolism ..... most of our vocabs and physical elements within our locale are inapplicable outside of our locale.

even most of our dreams at night that we remember undergo translation through symbolism as the actual reality of the dream b4 translation will be nonsensical and not relate-able.


The issue is not about weak explanations. The eckist high priest on Ghanaweb used the word "heart" in its simple prosaic context - no explanation or qualification proffered. Unlike weak-minded religionists, those of us with a strong keen mind keep it real. So by quickly jumping to explain these little lies, you and the high priest only serve to confuse the weak-minded. Not me!

Case in point, most Ghanaians/Africans have capitulated to the idea that God is a white man by default. They accept that he fathered a white "son" with a Palestinian virgin. I know that there can be no such "white" person God who is credited with creating the universe.

This is where a strong mind helps in separating the nonsense from the real. The God who is credited with creating the universe is not a white man and does not have a heart.

One look at the morning sun is all you need to convince you that the creator cannot be a white man who has sexual proclivities of dirty old men who harbour the urge to bed/impregnate a virgin - let alone procreate.
User avatar
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:21 pm
Location: MAKING LOVE ON CHRISTMAS ISLAND

Postby quophi aletse » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:15 pm

OPIAMENSA wrote:
The issue is not about weak explanations. The eckist high priest on Ghanaweb used the word "heart" in its simple prosaic context - no explanation or qualification proffered. Unlike weak-minded religionists, those of us with a strong keen mind keep it real. So by quickly jumping to explain these little lies, you and the high priest only serve to confuse the weak-minded. Not me!

Case in point, most Ghanaians/Africans have capitulated to the idea that God is a white man by default. They accept that he fathered a white "son" with a Palestinian virgin. I know that there can be no such "white" person God who is credited with creating the universe.

This is where a strong mind helps in separating the nonsense from the real. The God who is credited with creating the universe is not a white man and does not have a heart.

One look at the morning sun is all you need to convince you that the creator cannot be a white man who has sexual proclivities of dirty old men who harbour the urge to bed/impregnate a virgin - let alone procreate.


cool boss .... im not trying to trick or confuse ur strong-mindedness opia ..... my understanding of the heart of god is what i shared here ...... if it was too weak for ur strong mindedness, pls bare with me and allow me to also grow to ur strong minded level....

im not really sure how ur case in point applies here as most of the people on this thread or on this forum do not have a concept of god that points to a white person in skies etc ..... and also if an african wants to subscribe to a god who is a white person in the skies ...... there is nothing u and i can do to change that african views against his/her incubated beliefs so cool down ......

worship the sun or do wateva u feel is 'right' for u and give others SOME allowance to do wat they feel is right for them ........... i used to be like christianity this and that and the african this and that but u must realized that there are many beliefs in this world and all are valid and approved by god because they exist ...... acting like ur viewpoint is the only right view point is a very very very dangerous idea. This is what im working with and training my mind to abide by. i am once again just sharing my view point .... if it is too weak minded to or wateva, kindly discard it...... there is no obligation here, there is no agenda to TRICK OR CONFUSE the strong minded whatsoever.....
User avatar
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter
 
Posts: 30102
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:29 pm
Location: here

Postby OPIAMENSA » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:07 pm

quophi aletse wrote:
OPIAMENSA wrote:
The issue is not about weak explanations. The eckist high priest on Ghanaweb used the word "heart" in its simple prosaic context - no explanation or qualification proffered. Unlike weak-minded religionists, those of us with a strong keen mind keep it real. So by quickly jumping to explain these little lies, you and the high priest only serve to confuse the weak-minded. Not me!

Case in point, most Ghanaians/Africans have capitulated to the idea that God is a white man by default. They accept that he fathered a white "son" with a Palestinian virgin. I know that there can be no such "white" person God who is credited with creating the universe.

This is where a strong mind helps in separating the nonsense from the real. The God who is credited with creating the universe is not a white man and does not have a heart.

One look at the morning sun is all you need to convince you that the creator cannot be a white man who has sexual proclivities of dirty old men who harbour the urge to bed/impregnate a virgin - let alone procreate.


cool boss .... im not trying to trick or confuse ur strong-mindedness opia ..... my understanding of the heart of god is what i shared here ...... if it was too weak for ur strong mindedness, pls bare with me and allow me to also grow to ur strong minded level....

im not really sure how ur case in point applies here as most of the people on this thread or on this forum do not have a concept of god that points to a white person in skies etc ..... and also if an african wants to subscribe to a god who is a white person in the skies ...... there is nothing u and i can do to change that african views against his/her incubated beliefs so cool down ......

worship the sun or do wateva u feel is 'right' for u and give others SOME allowance to do wat they feel is right for them ........... i used to be like christianity this and that and the african this and that but u must realized that there are many beliefs in this world and all are valid and approved by god because they exist ...... acting like ur viewpoint is the only right view point is a very very very dangerous idea. This is what im working with and training my mind to abide by. i am once again just sharing my view point .... if it is too weak minded to or wateva, kindly discard it...... there is no obligation here, there is no agenda to TRICK OR CONFUSE the strong minded whatsoever.....


Quophi:
Pls stop hitting your head against the wall. And do not subscribe to the fact that people will believe wateva they choose. There are pitfalls in that thought process. Most Africans/Ghanaians do not believe what they choose. They have either been tricked or coerced into believing that when it comes to religion, the foreign ones are best: the local ones are satanic. Reminds me of the sheep bleat in Animal Farm - Foreign religion Good Local religion Baaaaaaad!

We were forced to abandon our authentic African religions, rather violently and through chicanery. Some of us were caned or whipped because we will not go to church on Sundays. Now that is as violent as Taleban justice! No choices there.

What we forget is that there is no difference between the pope and the leader of an "uncontacted" group living in the Amazon. The pope chooses to worship at an altar underneath which the bones of a so-called St Peter are buried while the other chooses to worship close to the bones of his ancestors.

I believe it was Acharya who wrote that "Religion has always filled the mind of man with darkness, and kept him in ignorance. It is only by dispelling the clouds and phantoms of Religion, that we shall discover Truth, Reason, and Morality. Religion diverts us from the causes of evils, and from the remedies which nature prescribes but far from curing, it only aggravates, multiplies, and perpetuates them." This includes Judaism, Islam, Akonnedi, Christianity, Tigare, Eck, Buddhism, etc etc. Sadly the Jews believe that the creator God has chosen them and only speaks to them. The result is an America impotent to enforce its ideals of rule of law in the face of the slaughter of those Palestinians. And the fact that they are Moslems does not help one bit!

By the way I do not worship the sun. I did not say so and did not even imply that. Please refer to my words above. I keep it real. If I worship the sun, I will say so clearly.
User avatar
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:21 pm
Location: MAKING LOVE ON CHRISTMAS ISLAND

Postby Q' lypse » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:09 pm

quophi aletse wrote:cool boss .... im not trying to trick or confuse ur strong-mindedness opia ..... my understanding of the heart of god is what i shared here ...... if it was too weak for ur strong mindedness, pls bare with me and allow me to also grow to ur strong minded level....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20352
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby Q' lypse » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:15 pm

ehi Opia, na asem ben koraa ni
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20352
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby OPIAMENSA » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:44 pm

Q' lypse wrote:ehi Opia, na asem ben koraa ni


Odo y3 wu . 3y3 religion.
woannhw3 ne yie a wonnhu no yie.
btw did you post the picture a black-faced Michael Jackson on another thread on this forum. Maybe it is on this very thread.

That image is is close to the Michael image (minus the pointy nose) I prefer
User avatar
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:21 pm
Location: MAKING LOVE ON CHRISTMAS ISLAND

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:32 pm

Made of the Light of God
A Sacred Meeting Brings a Confirmation of God's Love
By AF


Many years ago, before I became a member of Eckankar, I was teaching a jewelry-making class and struck up a conversation with one of my students. We found we had a lot in common. Over the course of the class, we became friends.

One day, we began to talk about meditation. My friend seemed very interested in the topic.

"Do you meditate?" she asked.

I told her I did.

"I meditate too," she replied.

After a moment, she asked, "Do you ever sing HU?"

I'd never heard of singing HU before and asked her what she meant.

"HU is an ancient love song to God," she said. "Do you have any problems with your life?"

"Yes, I do," I replied. "I've always had a problem with low self-esteem."

"Well, you can say a prayer," she said. "You can ask for God's help in healing your low self-esteem, and then sing HU."

That night, I decided to try singing HU. I closed my eyes and asked God to help me find a way to heal my low self-esteem. Then I repeatedly sang the word HU.

Suddenly, I saw a ball of Blue Light in my mind's eye. Then, inwardly, a man with glasses appeared.

"Did you call me?" he asked.

Surprised, I replied, "I don't know. Did I?" I was a little confused and didn't know what to make of this experience.

"Well, yes, " he said. "You sang HU."

"I guess I did call you then," I said.

"Is there a problem I can help you with?" he asked.

I told him about my difficulty with low self-esteem and asked him if there was something he could suggest.

In response, he showed me my spiritual body. It was made of beautiful Light.

"All people are the Light of God," he said. "You are the Light of God, and God loves you."

"I'm the Light of God, and God loves me?" I repeated as I pondered his words.

"Yes," he answered.

After a few moments, he asked, "Will there be anything else?"

"No, I guess that's it," I said.

"Well, then," he continued, "may the blessings be!"

"May the blessings be to you too. Thank you!"

Then he was gone.

His words rang inside me. I was made of the Light of God, and God loves me! I had actually seen my Light-filled spiritual body. After that experience, my problem with self-esteem began to fade. Soon, it was only a distant memory.

Years later, I discovered the teachings of Eckankar and immediately recognized Sri Harold Klemp, the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master of our times. He was the man with glasses who came to me in a ball of Blue Light all those years ago. He had come to help me with the problem of low self-esteem long before I consciously knew of the ECK Masters.

I was reminded again of what he had said to me that night: "All people are the Light of God."

What a wonderful confirmation of God's love!

Excerpted from the 2010 Eckankar Journal, copyright © 2009 ECKANKAR. All rights reserved.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Location: London

Postby quophi aletse » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:47 pm

OPIAMENSA wrote:
Quophi:
Pls stop hitting your head against the wall. And do not subscribe to the fact that people will believe wateva they choose. There are pitfalls in that thought process. Most Africans/Ghanaians do not believe what they choose. They have either been tricked or coerced into believing that when it comes to religion, the foreign ones are best: the local ones are satanic. Reminds me of the sheep bleat in Animal Farm - Foreign religion Good Local religion Baaaaaaad!

We were forced to abandon our authentic African religions, rather violently and through chicanery. Some of us were caned or whipped because we will not go to church on Sundays. Now that is as violent as Taleban justice! No choices there.

What we forget is that there is no difference between the pope and the leader of an "uncontacted" group living in the Amazon. The pope chooses to worship at an altar underneath which the bones of a so-called St Peter are buried while the other chooses to worship close to the bones of his ancestors.

I believe it was Acharya who wrote that "Religion has always filled the mind of man with darkness, and kept him in ignorance. It is only by dispelling the clouds and phantoms of Religion, that we shall discover Truth, Reason, and Morality. Religion diverts us from the causes of evils, and from the remedies which nature prescribes but far from curing, it only aggravates, multiplies, and perpetuates them." This includes Judaism, Islam, Akonnedi, Christianity, Tigare, Eck, Buddhism, etc etc. Sadly the Jews believe that the creator God has chosen them and only speaks to them. The result is an America impotent to enforce its ideals of rule of law in the face of the slaughter of those Palestinians. And the fact that they are Moslems does not help one bit!

By the way I do not worship the sun. I did not say so and did not even imply that. Please refer to my words above. I keep it real. If I worship the sun, I will say so clearly.



opia i did not say u said u worship the sun ..... i said "worship the sun or do what feels right to u" ...

anyways we were just simply talking about the heart of god and what the implications of the phrase as i do view god as a person to literally have a heart and from my interactions with kwame, im aware he has very similar view points...... that is the core of the discussion here.

now to the extra curricular activities u have introduced... i have no problem with that..... just start practicing the authentic african religions that africans were forced to abandon. im sure life will bring u people will old similar perceptions and una can proceed in liberating the african from the white god or whatever details of the problem is in ur mind ..... i have no problem with that .... and what is this most africans do not believe what they choose???? u cannot keep choosing something over and over again without a dominant belief that justifies why the choosing of that thing is beneficial compared to other opposing beliefs that points to the non beneficial aspects of that same choice.

moving on ......... yes we were brought up in a certain religion etc ..... but now that we are grown up .... is it not up to ur and me to exercise other god given mental capabilities on an individual level by examining our beliefs making the necessary adjustment ..... be it going back to the "authentic african religion" or wateva u feels right to u????

or u propose we keep crying foul and keep shouting, the white man has done this to me, the white man has done this to my people, religion has done this to me, religion has done this to the african???? stating what is so changes nothing ..... so if in ur mind and reality what is so is the calamities foreign religions have bestowed on the african ...... to what end will stating what is so lead????

practise or go back to the authentic african religion .... when other africans see the peace and joy ur authentic african religion is giving u, they will tell u i want what u have and u can now teach them effectively, ur authentic african religon ......

u can also share the current authentic african religion u are practising wih us here ..... the forum can learn a lot from ur experiences with the authentic african religions
User avatar
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter
 
Posts: 30102
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:29 pm
Location: here

Postby OPIAMENSA » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:39 am

Pitfalls galore! Quophi:

For me to start worshipping anything or anyone or prescribe worship for anyone means I have not listened to my own advise. Any worship introduces a power dynamic – the powerfulness and the powerlessness. It can quickly become misleading just like christianity, judaism, islam or whatever. It also leads into abuse; emotional, psychological and sexual. So there is no need to worship anything or demand worship from anyone. We are all uniquely free, with free powerful minds

Sadly we have traded our powerful selves for a state of powerlessness and cling to a need to find a father or mother in heaven long after our hormones have propelled us into adulthood. We remain forever mental, emotional and spiritual children seeking guidance from 'those who know what is best for the world and for us'. I can think of popes, gurus, eck masters, bishops, prophets and prophetesses etc. It is exceedingly dopey to see 'followers' leave a particular religion or sect and rush into another of similar nature because the need in them to worship and to be led is so profound and deep-rooted. My simple advise to them: You don't become un-possessed just by leaving the guru, reverend or pastor who arranged your possession. You stop religion-shopping in order to curtail the possession and repossession. Because religion is a misplaced desire to find a 'saviour' or 'eck master', to tell you what to do and think. Through religions, sects and cults, we unconsciously have chosen to become spiritual babies looking for guidance. We only expose our wallets and minds to external control by 'those who know what is best for us'.

I have learned to avoid this 'possession' and 'repossession' – I call myself a recovering christian. I do not worship anything or anyone. I do not allow myself the folly of having anyone teach me any hidden or lost scrolls or some other holy book kaka-mania. And I am NOT ready to sit idly by either because these violent religions have a way of lulling you into inaction. They came in rather violently and having succeeded in bending African minds, they tell you to respect others and what they do or worship. They did not respect yours in the first place. Furthermore, they are busy pushing their misplaced ideals into government policy. I stand ready to push back wherever and whenever I see it.

For me, anyone who seeks to worship something or anyone who demands religious allegiance is a suspect. Why does anyone want to 'look up' to something or want others to 'look up' to them? It is always the beginning of a scam or some disease. And that disease afflicts the worshipper and the worshipped equally. The same emotional disease that afflict the worshipper afflicts the worshipped. I am not interested in that.

By saying, QUOTE - "the white man has done this to me, the white man has done this to my people, religion has done this to me, religion has done this to the african????" - UNQUOTE, If I am able to give someone an aha moment that is just fine with me. I do not need 'hoi polloi' 'followers', 'admirers' etc. etc. The world is drowning in a tsunami of followers and the followed. Enough Already!!. We need to take our minds back and stop swapping them for another religion or cult.

Let me share a personal story. My adult children and I recently visited a friend from my high school days. After name introductions, he asked me if my children have 'English' names. I quickly replied, “I will tell you their 'English' names if you can you show me an 'English' man who has given his children African names.” He did not seem happy with my response, however he called me a few days later and confessed that he had not thought through this whole English name thing. And by the way my adult children do not worship anything or demand to be worshipped either. If each of us teaches our offspring these simple things the world will be rid of weak minds who forever embark upon an unending quest for masters. (Kwame Nyame are you feeling me?)

We have to start thinking through these things. We risk a continued state of mental and spiritual slavery if we don't. Above all we continue to needlessly expose our children too.
User avatar
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:21 pm
Location: MAKING LOVE ON CHRISTMAS ISLAND

Next

Return to Osofo Joint (religion)



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests