Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Satellites 2012/2013:Satellites win Bronze at World Cup

Talk about the latest matches, your club, etc

Moderators: deciiva, kebashorificatious

Postby Paddyreus » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:20 pm

Striker wrote:
Paddyreus wrote:
Striker wrote:I'm impressed with Seidu Salifu and Benjamin Fadi.

2 Ballers :D

Fadi has been balling all season for Lions. With good culture I tip him to do well

Fadi na Baller.

It's interesting that I first saw him playing in some munchendi game at legon park 2 years.

Even then I knew the kid had talent.

Many more dey as U know. What no dey is a good development system. Eg. Where would Abu Mohammed have been if Thom Vernon did not come around?

We who love the game MUST find a way of doing something about it.
Paddyreus
Phd
Phd

Postby Paddyreus » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:35 pm

Forgot to add, Fadi is on the radar of Hearts of Oak.
Paddyreus
Phd
Phd

Postby Striker » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:38 pm

Paddyreus wrote:
Striker wrote:
Paddyreus wrote:
Striker wrote:I'm impressed with Seidu Salifu and Benjamin Fadi.

2 Ballers :D

Fadi has been balling all season for Lions. With good culture I tip him to do well

Fadi na Baller.

It's interesting that I first saw him playing in some munchendi game at legon park 2 years.

Even then I knew the kid had talent.

Many more dey as U know. What no dey is a good development system. Eg. Where would Abu Mohammed have been if Thom Vernon did not come around?

We who love the game MUST find a way of doing something about it.

true talk, my breda :)
Striker
MSc
MSc

Postby Ekow » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:23 pm

Black Satellites win Three Nation tournament
12 July, 2012

By Russell Wiafe

Ghana’s Under 20 national team, the Black Satellites today defeated the Young Pharaohs of Egypt 3-0 at the Accra Sports Stadium to wrap up the three nation tournament which started last week Sunday.

The two sides were chasing for their first win after drawing their separate matches, all against Namibia at the Accra Sports Stadium.

Goals from Heart of Lions striker Benjamin Fadi, Patrick Twumasi and Seidu Salifu stunned the young Pharaohs at the Accra Sports Stadium this afternoon.

Black Satellites assistant coach C.K Akonnor noted his pleasure at the performance of the team.

“I am pleased with the performance of the team. If you take a look at how they played today it was good. Hopefully they will be able to do the same when they start their qualifiers
Ekow
Guru
Guru

Postby Ekow » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:39 pm

I asked for more time to focus on Hearts – Satellites assistant Akunnor
14 July, 2012

By Stephen Amos

Black Satellites assistant coach C.K Akunnor reveals he has been permitted by national team managers and the GFA to pay more attention to his club Accra Hearts of Oak as the club prepares itself to begin pre-season training next week.

Akunnor has been doubling as the head coach for Hearts of Oak and an assistant for the national Under-20 team, an arrangement which has attracted calls for him to drop one and fully concentrate on one job.

The ex-Black Stars captain says he has informed national managers of his decision to be allowed to concentrate more on his club commitments.

“It’s a fact Hearts of Oak is a big club with big ambitions which I perfectly understand. I have therefore asked permission from the Black Satellites management team to be allowed more time to focus on Hearts of Oak and I think we did the arrangement in a very understandable way,” Akunnor told Kumasi-based Fox FM on Friday.

Akunnor believes his decision informed management to appoint Tema Youth coach Prince Yaw Owusu as one of the assistants to fill the gap whenever he is unavailable for national duty. He emphasized he hasn’t resigned after Orlando Wellington stepped down as head coach earlier this week.

“I haven’t resigned but I’m now going to spend more time with my club than the national team and therefore the management team quickly brought in Maxwell Konadu to stand in for head coach Orlando who has left and a third assistant coach in Prince Owusu.”

Akunnor was in charge when the Black Satellites thrashed Egypt on Thursday by three goals to win the maiden 3-nations tournament which also involved Namibia at the Accra Sports stadium.

The Black Satellites are currently in camp preparing for the 2013 Africa Youth Championship Qualifier away to Uganda in two weeks time.
Ekow
Guru
Guru

Postby Ekow » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:24 pm

CK Akunnor quits Ghana Under-20 team
Posted On Tuesday, 17th July 2012

CK Akunnor has resigned as Ghana's Under-20 deputy coach
By Patrick Akoto

CK Akunnor has resigned as the assistant coach of Ghana’s Under-20 team to concentrate on club duties, GHANAsoccernet.com understands.

The former Black Stars captain has been torn between his club duties at Hearts of Oak and the national team for some time.

The 39-year-old has now opted to sacrifice the national team duty in order to pay full scale attention at the demanding job at the 2000 African Champions.

Akunnor guided the team to clinch a three-nation tournament in Accra last week when the Black Satellites thrashed Egypt 3-0.

Tema Youth coach Prince Owusu has been confirmed as his replacement.

Interim coach Maxwell Konadu has been trimming the rough edges of his charges ahead of the Africa Youth qualifier against Uganda on the weekend of July 27- 29.
Ekow
Guru
Guru

Postby Ekow » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:36 pm

Uganda vow to demolish Ghana's U20

By MTNFootball.com

Wednesday Jul 18, 14:34 +0200

Uganda are leaving no stone unturned ahead of next week's 2013 African Youth Championship qualifier against Ghana at home.

The Hippos will host the Black Satellites on July 27 at Nakivubo in the second qualifying round first leg tie to Algeria 2013.

They have been preparing without five key players who are at the CECAFA Club Championship in Dar es Salaam.

Meanwhile, winger Julius Ogwang is still nursing an injury he sustained in Juba during the friendly against South Sudan last week.

New faces Hashim Sempala and Henry Katongole from Express, Joseph Mpande of Bunamwaya, Robert Omunuk of Simba and Geoffrey Tawaya of BIDCO have been drafted into the team.

Head coach Paul Nkata says the emphasis is now on enhancing power, speed and endurance.

"We shall have residential training at Kavumba Recreation Centre starting Friday," he said after training on Monday.

"We know Ghana is a soccer giant and has the U-20 World Cup title but we are not moved. We only have to get better prepared to demolish them."

Uganda eliminated Mozambique 5-1 on aggregate in the first qualifying round
Ekow
Guru
Guru

Postby Ekow » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:51 pm

Konadu wants to see Satellites flying

Date: 18-Jul-2012

Maxwell Konadu is keen to make the Black Satellites more clinical in front of goal as he assumes temporary coaching duties of the national U-20 side.

The assistant Black Stars coach feels not too much changes will be made to the team as he prepares them for the Africa Youth Championship qualifiers later this month.

Ghana play Uganda on the weekend of July 27-29 in Nakivubo in the first leg of the qualifiers for a place in next year's finals to be staged by Algeria.

After watching the Black Satellites from the sidelines in the three-nation tourney last week which they won, Konadu, appointed in a stop-gap capacity, is hopeful of building on that success before the team meets the Hippos in the qualifying.

"I intend to make things simple and not complicate it," the former Ghana international who guided local side, Asante Kotoko to the league title last season said.

"We will certainly alter certain things but not too much changes will be made."

The Black Satellites have recently struggled in front of goal but Konadu is optimistic that the little changes could spark a goal rush while keeping it tight in defence.

"I want to see them scoring more goals and they will have to work to achieve that. Also whilst scoring, we have to be defending well."

Ghana won the Africa Youth Championship and World Cup titles in 2009.

Source: Ghanafa.org
Ekow
Guru
Guru

Postby Ekow » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:58 pm

Focus on the Satellites team not Konadu - GFA Prez Nyantakyi
18 July, 2012

By Stephen Amos

The President of the Ghana Football Association Kwasi Nyantakyi has justified the appointment of Black Stars assistant coach Maxwell Konadu to temporary take over the Black Satellites coaching position vacated by Orlando Wellington last week.

The appointment of the outgoing Asante Kotoko coach has sparked numerous talks that the coach is being over-burdened with responsibilities but the Ghana FA capo has refuted such talks.

“The coaching role of the Black Stars is a full time job and the Football Association can decide to assign a new role to the various coaches when the need arises. Any another job held by the two coaches are regarded as sideway jobs,” Kwasi Nyantakyi explained in an interview with Kumasi-based Kessben FM.

“At the moment, the Black Stars are not busy and when Orlando left, we had to quickly look for a coach who has national team experience, knows the current crop of the U-20 players and someone who has the pedigree to blend well with the players in this short time while we take our time to get a replacement for Orlando Wellington. With time not on our side to head-hunt and shortlist coachs, we had to fall on Maxwell Konadu to temporarily fill the gap,” he added.

Kwasi Nyantakyi believes it’s time to rally behind Maxwell Konadu and the team as the Black Satellites attempt to qualify for next year’s Africa Youth Championship.

“At this time, we all need to support Maxwell to perform. It’s not about Maxwell but about the team, Maxwell is only helping so the focus should not be on him. Let’s concentrate on building a strong team to win the matches before us and qualify for the U-20 Championship.”
Ekow
Guru
Guru

Postby Ekow » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:43 pm

Maxwell Konadu rules out permanent Ghana Under-20 job

Posted On Wednesday, 18th July 2012

By Patrick Akoto

Maxwell Konadu says he will not accept an offer to be made the permanent coach of Ghana’s Under-20 side.

The Asante Kotoko trainer was asked to take temporal charge of the team last week following the resignation of Orlando Wellignton.

But media reports have suddenly emerged that the Black Stars assistant coach could be asked to take the job on a permanent basis and guide the team to the qualifiers for the 2013 African Youth Championship in Algeria.

But he has flatly denied the reports insisting his mandate will end after the qualifiers against Uganda.

“Officials did not tell me that from the initial stages. Before I took up this job, they made it clear to me that I will only take charge of the first and return leg qualifier agains Uganda,” Konadu told Kumasi-based Fox FM

“By the time my work comes to an end, they (FA) would have found a substantive coach for the job,”

“They made that position explicility clear and so there is no question of staying on after the Uganda qualifiers,”

“We are working hard and looking forward to the first leg.”

The Black Satellites will battle their East African counterpart on the weekend of July 27-29 with the first leg taken place in Kampala.
Ekow
Guru
Guru

Postby Ekow » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:44 pm

Prince Owusu Refutes Unqualified Status For National Team Job

By Ameenu Shardow

Prince Owusu has responded to the charge suggesting he does not hold the requisite qualifications to coach a national side.

The Tema Youth coach was confirmed as the substantive assistant to Maxwell Konadu to handle the national U-20 team following the resignation of CK Akunnor.

His appointment has however raised some concerns with Hearts of Oak’s physical trainer W.O Tandoh suggesting the former Prampram Royals coach is not qualified for the post.

Owusu through his representative Ralph Gyambrah has refuted these allegations insisting he is qualified for the job.

“It is first and foremost not true that Prince Acheampong does not hold a CAF License B certificate,” Gyambrah told GHANAsoccernet.com.

“Coach Owusu completed a diploma to attain a certificate from the National Association of Coaches of America which is equivalent to the CAF License B certificate being talked about.

“Indeed many coaches including Sellas Tetteh and David Duncan possess similar qualification haven successfully undertaken the course.

“In fact as at now, coach Acheampong has received an invitation to do an advanced course by the same body which when complete will have a qualification equivalent with the CAF License A certificate.”

Owusu will be on the sidelines alongside Maxwell Konadu when the Black Satellites face Uganda in the African Youth Championship opener.
Ekow
Guru
Guru

Postby Ekow » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:28 am

Black Satellites thrash Impilo FC in friendly match

19 July, 2012

Ghana’s national Under 20 team the Black Satellites yesterday thrashed lower division side Impilo FC 4-0 yesterday in a friendly game in Legon.

The match forms part of Ghana’s preparations for the upcoming African youth Championship qualifiers.

Hearts of Oak’s Ashitey Armah, Jacob Apau of Medeama SC, Joseph Baffour Gyawu of Asokwa Warriors and Asante Kotoko’s Michael Anaba were the goalscorers.

The Black Satellites will face second division side Proud United tomorrow in another friendly match, and will also face first division outfit Istanbul FC on Sunday
Ekow
Guru
Guru

Postby Ekow » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:04 pm

No New Faces for Satellites – Owusu
19 July, 2012

By Collins Atta Poku

The Assistant Coach of the Black Satellites Prince Yaw Owusu has hinted that there will be no major tinkering with the team before the match against their colleagues from Uganda.

The handlers of the team who handed a late call to Asante Kotoko’s Michael Anaba seem to be happy with the team at their disposal.

‘We will not change the team. All these boys are good players from the Premier League and why can’t they play together especially when we can all attest to how quick our league is growing. We have good materials here and we are okay with them. We will play a lot of friendly matches and see how it works. It does not look bad when you see them train,’ Prince Owusu told Kumasi-based Kapital Radio.

On what they seek to achieve in the short term, the coach added; ‘We came in to get their mental toughness back, let them feel comfortable and gradually we are getting it. All that is left is helping them to gel as a team which we are working on seriously at our training sessions.’

The Black Satellites continue their preparations with matches against Proud United on Friday and Akyem-Techiman-based Istanbul FC.
Ekow
Guru
Guru

Postby Striker » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Glad we finally called Michael Anaba.

Dude is a good midfielder.
Striker
MSc
MSc

Postby Ekow » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:15 pm

Striker wrote:Glad we finally called Michael Anaba.

Read on Ghanasoccernet that he is our Iniesta

Windy Professionals Graduate?
Ekow
Guru
Guru

Postby Striker » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Ekow wrote:

Anaba na good offensive midfielder.

See the way Satelites start bang in GOALS left and right since he joined :lol:

Yes, he's a former player of Windy Professionals. He was actually Inkoom's jnr at Windy Pro's.
Striker
MSc
MSc

Postby Ekow » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:40 pm

Parma release Ghana U20 Adofo for AYC qualifier

By MTNFootball.com

Thursday Jul 19, 19:12 +0200

Italian side Parma have granted youngster Godfred Adofo permission to play for Ghana's Under-20 against Uganda next week in a qualifier.

Adofo will be available for selection in the second qualifying round 2013 African Youth Championship first leg qualifier against the Hippos on July 27 in Kampala.

The defensive midfielder has been training with the Black Satellites since he arrived for holidays from Italy.

"My agent convinced Parma for the deal after I expressed deep interest in playing for the Satellites," Adofo told MTNFootball.com

"I know how important it is to qualify for the Under-20 World Cup so I am happy we reached a compromise."

Adofo is the captain of Parma's Reserve side and a highly rated talent at the Stadio Ennio Tardini
Ekow
Guru
Guru

Postby Ekow » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:48 am

Striker wrote:
Ekow wrote:

Anaba na good offensive midfielder.

See the way Satelites start bang in GOALS left and right since he joined :lol:

Yes, he's a former player of Windy Professionals. He was actually Inkoom's jnr at Windy Pro's.

Anaba Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8qFdr9l ... re=related
Ekow
Guru
Guru

Postby Ekow » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:28 pm

Black Satellites to play Eleven Wise

Date: 20-Jul-2012

Ghana's U-20 team, the Black Satellites will continue with their preparation towards next weekend's 2013 Africa Youth Championship qualifier with another friendly on Sunday.

Maxwell Konadu's side will be in friendly action against former Premier League side Eleven Wise at the Sekondi Stadium.

The game against Wise will be the last test match before the Black Satellites depart to face Uganda after thrashing third tier side Mpilo FC 4-0 on Wednesday.

Ghana plays the Hippos on the weekend of July 27-29 in Nakivubo in the first leg of the qualifiers for a place in next year's finals to be staged by Algeria.

The Black Satellites won the Africa Youth Championship and World Cup titles in 2009.

Source: Ghanafa.org
Last edited by Ekow on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ekow
Guru
Guru

Postby Ekow » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:30 pm

blank
Ekow
Guru
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Football