Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

BUDDHA QUOTES

All about God and Gods

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

BUDDHA QUOTES

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:49 am

"ON LIFE'S JOURNEY FAITH IS NOURISHMENT,VIRTUOUS DEEDS ARE A SHELTER,WISDOM IS THE LIGHT BY DAY AND RIGHT MINDFULNESS IS THE PROTECTION BY NIGHT"
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:16 pm

"AN INSINCERE AND EVIL FRIEND IS
MORE TO BE FEARED THAN A WILD
BEAST;A WILD BEAST MAY WOUND
YOUR BODY,BUT AN EVIL FRIEND WILL
WOUND YOUR MIND"
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Q' lypse » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:29 pm

“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc

Postby Q' lypse » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:31 pm

“Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:13 pm

HOWEVER MANY HOLY WORDS YOU READ,HOWEVER MANY YOU SPEAK,WHAT GOOD WILL THEY DO YOU IF YOU DO NOT ACT ON UPON THEM?
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Q' lypse wrote:“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”

Great to join in Kwaku.
You too ooh! Make you make em bold and colour it small.Why? You no use crayon for nursery?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Q' lypse » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:43 pm

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”

Great to join in Kwaku.
You too ooh! Make you make em bold and colour it small.Why? You no use crayon for nursery?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

waa look oo :lol: :lol: . no chalk, chalk on slate :lol: :lol:
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc

Postby Q' lypse » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:57 pm

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:42 pm

Q' lypse wrote:“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”

:D
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Q' lypse » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:04 pm

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”

see how its resonating with people on facebook, kai! :P
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:33 am

Q' lypse wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:

see how its resonating with people on facebook, kai! :P

Spiritual Sages have been saying these long before Buddha.Buddha said it 500 years before Christ.lt is being said today.
Truth is not a book,what you hear or read.Truth is not second hand explaination.You are truth.You have to EXPERIENCE it FIRSTHAND.
Q,THE REASON IT IS RESONATING ON FACEBOOK IS SIMPLE.Qoutes like this bypass the mind.lt t
"talks" to Soul directly.lt touches the heart.You know it is so deep inside you.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:44 am

:lol: :o

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:58 pm

IF A MAN CAN CONTROL HIS MIND HE
CAN FIND THE WAY TO
ENLIGHTENMENT,AND ALL WISDOM
AND VIRTUE WILL NATURALLY COME TO
HIM.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Fremacious* » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:20 am

Correct quote 8)

"The mind is everything. What you think you become. " :D
Fremacious*
Phd
Phd

Postby Q' lypse » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:09 am

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc

Postby Q' lypse » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:11 am

In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc

Postby General Lucifer » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:51 pm

Q' lypse wrote:Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

I like this one. :D :D
General Lucifer
JSS
JSS

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:02 pm

"WORK OUT YOUR OWN SALVATION.DO
NOT DEPEND ON OTHERS"
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby General Lucifer » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:20 pm

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:"WORK OUT YOUR OWN SALVATION.DO
NOT DEPEND ON OTHERS"

I don't like this one Kwame :roll:
:lol: :lol: You depend on others like your master and Mahanta,Harold Klemp for your Salvation and liberation from this physical realm yet you are suggesting others not to do the same.Hmmm---Eckankar double standards baffles me. :roll:
General Lucifer
JSS
JSS

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:06 pm

General Lucifer wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:"WORK OUT YOUR OWN SALVATION.DO
NOT DEPEND ON OTHERS"

I don't like this one Kwame :roll:
:lol: :lol: You depend on others like your master and Mahanta,Harold Klemp for your Salvation and liberation from this physical realm yet you are suggesting others not to do the same.Hmmm---Eckankar double standards baffles me. :roll:

Good point raised.l'm surprised salvation is used in the quote.A better word will be liberation.
l'll check this and get back.
l say this because salvation and liberation are not the same.
Below is a quote by Harold Klemp on Salvation.l hope this throws some light here.

"We don't talk about salvation in ECKANKAR,because Soul is never lost.There is no such thing as eternal damnation.That concept is a ploy used by the priestcraft to trap Soul into thinking that salvation can only come through doing whatever they decide is necessary.
Unless you do penance,they claim,you remain guilty of some kind of sin; and even if you haven't done anything wrong lately,there's always the original sin.So one way or another,Soul is stuck,and the most you can do is try to get through this life as sinlessly as possible,hoping to repent before you die and are trapped in some hell"

Liberation,Spiritual Freedom is what is talked about in the ECK teaching.You walk the path to enlightenment yourself.You do not depend on no one.The Master is a way shower.You walk the path.He shows the way.Whether you take it or not is entirely up to you.
The Master is not a way pusher or way dragger.He simply shows the way.
With the little knowledge l have about Buddha,l think his quote above is saying enlightenment will come to you by your own effort and not by depending on another.
Buddha was a Hindu the same way Jesus was a Jew.He "modernised" hinduism,giving it a universal appeal thus creating Buddhism.lt can be argued that 500 years after this,Jesus did the same to Judaism.
l believe these factors should be taken into consideration when looking at Buddha's quotes or sayings.He was pointing out whats wrong with the old religion and how to embrace a fresh or renewed consciousness.
l think the point you raised is a genuine one.But l think the word salvation is problematic here.lt be down to translation and the poor nature of the english language when it comes to precision.Buddha spoke Pali,or sanskrit.Karma is a sanskrit word.Do u know there is hardly a word that stands for karma in the english language?You have to use a collection of words to explain karma.
Lastly,what anyone decides to spent his lifetime doing is that person's business ;to put it kindly.l have enough on my plate to concern myself with in this lifetime.
lm not a Buddhist.lm an ECKist.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Next

Return to Osofo Joint (religion)