Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

WINDOWS 8 Developer's Preview

Computers, Internet, software, technology, etc

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

Postby el Padrino » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:42 pm

Just hit the desktop app and ur back to 7. Or you can just pin your apps to start.

Some people have hackedthe start button into 8 tho if you are desperate for it.
el Padrino
Phd
Phd

Postby Pax Africana » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:44 pm

el Padrino wrote:Just hit the desktop app and ur back to 7. Or you can just pin your apps to start.

Some people have hackedthe start button into 8 tho if you are desperate for it.

Not just the start button. Little annoyances like having to reach up to touch my monitor on my all-in-one desktop all the time in order to bring up that search apps feature. The mouse can't because I have a touchscreen. Then another 20 seconds searching to find the program you want isn't even there so having to search with Explorer.

Quite often too you try to start a program from the start page, the icon takes over your screen for like ten seconds, then you're returned to the start page. No message indicating why that happened i.e. the program crashed etc

For a desktop interface it isn't very practical. For business use, it'll be even more impractical.
Pax Africana
BSc
BSc

Postby el Padrino » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:06 pm

You can't forget that it's a Beta. Consumer preview is just a fancy way for it. Im still running the developer preview on my tablet but I'll install the CP on it tonight and see what you're talking about. Honestly, besides the privacy issues, I haven't missed 7 that much because the desktop where i spend most of my time anyway, is just a click away.

I do share ur concern about MS needing to get this right tho. Mountain Lion is getting more and more like IOS and most people are already extremely familiar with IOS.
el Padrino
Phd
Phd

Re: WINDOWS 8 Developer's Preview

Postby remzay » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:39 am

Bit late to reply this thread. I am quite interested in windows 8 some of the user were complaining about it UI and some other features but now I think will have to check it out all by myself.

Explore About Pivot Institute
Last edited by remzay on Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
remzay
Johnny Just Come
Johnny Just Come

Re: WINDOWS 8 Developer's Preview

Postby Africanpremier » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:54 am

cool 8) :lol: :D

I just need it!

thank you very much!
Africanpremier
Johnny Just Come
Johnny Just Come

Return to Ghana Geeks