Aziz Zakari eliminated in 100m heats!!!

Basketball, Golf, Volleyball etc

Moderator: deciiva

Postby truemamamia » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:39 pm

str8 fwd wrote:
deciiva wrote:
niidawg3 wrote:
truemamamia wrote:
Basharat wrote:Zakari usually gets further than this until he pulls his customary hamstring mid race :lol:

Even in the Ghana Grand Prix some weeks he no participate in the 100 meters dash becos he was feeling 'cramps'. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aziz anaaa .... best 30m runner in the world. Opana dey start out wooo hooo den fizzle.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 30meters paaa

:roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I dey ground. U guys shd take it easy on Aziz. The guy is in his mid 30s(probably "atheltic age").if u consider this..then u will agree that he is doing something supernatural :P
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Postby str8 fwd » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:00 pm

truemamamia wrote:
str8 fwd wrote:
truemamamia wrote:Lol breaking news paaa. u havent got used to the fact that Aziz Zakari is a 'heart breaker'? :lol:
The world championship...u cant arbitarily choose somebody to go represent the country. The person must have the 'time'. only Aziz had it...even Vida Anim no fit rep os she aint eligible. The good news is that some foreign born athletes are in the process of switching allegiance to Ghana...so we can only look into the future like 6 years from now.

True check the IAAF rule no 4 on unqualified atheletes:

Unqualified Athletes:

- Members who have no male and/or no female qualified athletes whom they wish to enter in any event may enter one unqualified male athlete and/or one unqualified female athlete in one individual event except the 10,000m, 3000m Steeplechase and the Combined Events.
- The acceptance of unqualified entries in the Field Events is at the discretion of the Technical Delegates.
- Entries for unqualified athletes must be submitted by 1 August 2011. If another athlete then achieves the entry standard before the end of the qualification period, it will be possible to change the entry accordingly.

http://www.iaaf.org/wch11/standards/index.html

(I didnt even know of this rule). But the question is who do u recommend? The Ghana Grand Prix started around the 6th of August(which is beyond the Aug 1 deadline) so I wonder which criteria was gonna be used? And in the 100m at the Grand Prix...the first 3 position was taken by foreigners with Appiah Kubi coming 4th. I dont think he is anywhere as fast as Aziz Zakari :idea: . And btw I think he is in Korea anyway. I think Zakari is the fastest Ghanaian around. Some young guns are showing up but it is gonna take time

The issue is lack of VISION from those in charge. It is not abt the times now cos the guy (Kubi) will use it as a learning experience provided he is also young and has POTENTIAL. Most countries are taking advantage of it and we are sticking to the status quo. There is no justification for Aziz to be there except sm1 wants to reward him for his past 'selfless' sacrifice to the nation. The UK has been doing that to help their Athletes gain experience e.g. Harry Aikins-Aryeetey, Jodie Williams etc. I will not be surprised if the officials accompanying the team include 'STRANGERS'

We may not have the financial backing but the little we get must be used properly not wasted!!. This is the same attitude being brought into the Frimpong issue. People are talking abt our current stock of midfielders without looking at the future.
str8 fwd
Taking A-level
Taking A-level

Postby franco » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:01 pm

Basharat wrote:Zakari usually gets further than this until he pulls his customary hamstring mid race :lol:

I was about to bet ma left nutt sack he got his timely muscle pull lol :lol: :lol: :D his resiliance is admirable but fack!!!!
franco
SSS
SSS

Re: Breaking News - Aziz Zakari eliminated in 100m heats!!!

Postby str8 fwd » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:05 pm

wadada wrote:
str8 fwd wrote:I'm shocked that this guy is still running? This is just pure waste of the nation's resources cos they cld've sent an up and coming athlete to gain experience.

ok, we are all shocked that this guy is still running! :shock: in his heydays he was great, but fans like me were very frustrated with his usual muscle strain in the final round, money was on the table :roll: he still the best 100m sprinter to come from Ghana! NO

Are you sure boss? What is your criteria. Is it for the number of appearances at major champs or pulling a 419 on us he he he. Babylonia jnr will have smthn to say abt that.
str8 fwd
Taking A-level
Taking A-level

Postby Mid 20s » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:52 pm

100m finals is tomorrow right?
Mid 20s
BSc
BSc

Postby truemamamia » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:11 pm

str8 fwd wrote:
wadada wrote:
str8 fwd wrote:I'm shocked that this guy is still running? This is just pure waste of the nation's resources cos they cld've sent an up and coming athlete to gain experience.

ok, we are all shocked that this guy is still running! :shock: in his heydays he was great, but fans like me were very frustrated with his usual muscle strain in the final round, money was on the table :roll: he still the best 100m sprinter to come from Ghana! NO

Are you sure boss? What is your criteria. Is it for the number of appearances at major champs or pulling a 419 on us he he he. Babylonia jnr will have smthn to say abt that.

Who is babylonia? He went to two consecutive Olympic finals..I dont think any Ghanaian has ever achieved that. I dont even know if Tuffour and Myles-Mills ever participated in any Olympic final. And also...even at his age...last year he won Silver at the AFrican Championship. I think if he had some support from the officials ...and maybe some strong mental conditioning he could have even achieved more for us.

He is probably the best I saw. Maybe Ko can come and lecture us about Rose Hart and co :lol:
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Postby truemamamia » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:15 pm

Zakari training hard for today's race :lol: :lol: :lol:
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Postby NaMrecco$ » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:40 pm

pure waste? you think anyone can wake up and run? Ghana is not doing shyt for these atheletes so appreciate the lil that hes able to do... The whole Ghana Atheletic com.. is a joke... they do not support them or even help them financially...
NaMrecco$
Professor
Professor

Postby bolero » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:53 pm

:lol: :lol: Stole those words right out of my mouth :lol:
You can never count on him in a big event.
bolero
SSS
SSS

Next

Return to Other Sports