Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Aziz Zakari eliminated in 100m heats!!!

Basketball, Golf, Volleyball etc

Moderator: deciiva

Aziz Zakari eliminated in 100m heats!!!

Postby str8 fwd » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:20 pm

I'm shocked that this guy is still running? This is just pure waste of the nation's resources cos they cld've sent an up and coming athlete to gain experience.
str8 fwd
Taking A-level
Taking A-level

Postby str8 fwd » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:28 pm

Lightning Bolt has just jogged thru his heats winning without breaking sweat. This is impressive and bless Asafa cos me thinks Bolt wld've taken him to the cleaners. Barring any injuries or disqualification the rest of the guys shd start fighting for silver cos the gold is in Bolt's pocket but what will be the time?
str8 fwd
Taking A-level
Taking A-level

Postby kuro be so Hene » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:40 pm

Zakari usually gets further than this until he pulls his customary hamstring mid race :lol:
kuro be so Hene
BSc
BSc

Postby truemamamia » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:43 pm

Lol breaking news paaa. u havent got used to the fact that Aziz Zakari is a 'heart breaker'? :lol:
The world championship...u cant arbitarily choose somebody to go represent the country. The person must have the 'time'. only Aziz had it...even Vida Anim no fit rep os she aint eligible. The good news is that some foreign born athletes are in the process of switching allegiance to Ghana...so we can only look into the future like 6 years from now.
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Re: Breaking News - Aziz Zakari eliminated in 100m heats!!!

Postby Charles H.I.C Sackey » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:46 pm

str8 fwd wrote:I'm shocked that this guy is still running? This is just pure waste of the nation's resources cos they cld've sent an up and coming athlete to gain experience.

What national resources are you talking about?

These guys are competing on their own. The nation ain't got jack to do witrh Zakari. They rather put the nation on the spotlite when they perform well.
Charles H.I.C Sackey
BSc
BSc

Postby truemamamia » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:47 pm

Basharat wrote:Zakari usually gets further than this until he pulls his customary hamstring mid race :lol:

Even in the Ghana Grand Prix some weeks he no participate in the 100 meters dash becos he was feeling 'cramps'. :P
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Postby niidawg3 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:49 pm

truemamamia wrote:
Basharat wrote:Zakari usually gets further than this until he pulls his customary hamstring mid race :lol:

Even in the Ghana Grand Prix some weeks he no participate in the 100 meters dash becos he was feeling 'cramps'. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aziz anaaa .... best 30m runner in the world. Opana dey start out wooo hooo den fizzle.
niidawg3
MSc
MSc

Postby str8 fwd » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:51 pm

truemamamia wrote:Lol breaking news paaa. u havent got used to the fact that Aziz Zakari is a 'heart breaker'? :lol:
The world championship...u cant arbitarily choose somebody to go represent the country. The person must have the 'time'. only Aziz had it...even Vida Anim no fit rep os she aint eligible. The good news is that some foreign born athletes are in the process of switching allegiance to Ghana...so we can only look into the future like 6 years from now.

Boss i know Aziz's style except i was shocked to see him in Daegu of all places. I thought he had retired. He's the only guy who dopes and does not finish the race. What's the point of attempting to 'cheat' the system then?
str8 fwd
Taking A-level
Taking A-level

Postby wadada » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:56 pm

str8 fwd wrote:I'm shocked that this guy is still running? This is just pure waste of the nation's resources cos they cld've sent an up and coming athlete to gain experience.

ok, we are all shocked that this guy is still running! :shock: in his heydays he was great, but fans like me were very frustrated with his usual muscle strain in the final round, money was on the table :roll: he still the best 100m sprinter to come from Ghana! NO
wadada
BSc
BSc

Postby truemamamia » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:59 pm

Charles H.I.C Sackey wrote:

These guys are competing on their own. The nation ain't got jack to do witrh Zakari. They rather put the nation on the spotlite when they perform well.

The team left Accra for Korea with the GAA members. They are not paying for their own flights. They are going there as team.
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Postby str8 fwd » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:00 pm

Charles H.I.C Sackey wrote:

Are telling me that he'll not be reimbursed for at least his travel cost. I'm aware of such problems in the past but with Prof Dodoo on board at least smthn will be done for them hence my point.
str8 fwd
Taking A-level
Taking A-level

Postby str8 fwd » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:19 pm

truemamamia wrote:Lol breaking news paaa. u havent got used to the fact that Aziz Zakari is a 'heart breaker'? :lol:

True check the IAAF rule no 4 on unqualified atheletes:

Unqualified Athletes:

- Members who have no male and/or no female qualified athletes whom they wish to enter in any event may enter one unqualified male athlete and/or one unqualified female athlete in one individual event except the 10,000m, 3000m Steeplechase and the Combined Events.
- The acceptance of unqualified entries in the Field Events is at the discretion of the Technical Delegates.
- Entries for unqualified athletes must be submitted by 1 August 2011. If another athlete then achieves the entry standard before the end of the qualification period, it will be possible to change the entry accordingly.

http://www.iaaf.org/wch11/standards/index.html
str8 fwd
Taking A-level
Taking A-level

Postby deciiva » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:26 pm

niidawg3 wrote:
truemamamia wrote:

Aziz anaaa .... best 30m runner in the world. Opana dey start out wooo hooo den fizzle.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 30meters paaa
deciiva

Postby str8 fwd » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:30 pm

deciiva wrote:
niidawg3 wrote:
truemamamia wrote:

:roll: :roll: :roll:
str8 fwd
Taking A-level
Taking A-level

Postby truemamamia » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:35 pm

str8 fwd wrote:

Unqualified Athletes:

- Members who have no male and/or no female qualified athletes whom they wish to enter in any event may enter one unqualified male athlete and/or one unqualified female athlete in one individual event except the 10,000m, 3000m Steeplechase and the Combined Events.
- The acceptance of unqualified entries in the Field Events is at the discretion of the Technical Delegates.
- Entries for unqualified athletes must be submitted by 1 August 2011. If another athlete then achieves the entry standard before the end of the qualification period, it will be possible to change the entry accordingly.

(I didnt even know of this rule). But the question is who do u recommend? The Ghana Grand Prix started around the 6th of August(which is beyond the Aug 1 deadline) so I wonder which criteria was gonna be used? And in the 100m at the Grand Prix...the first 3 position was taken by foreigners with Appiah Kubi coming 4th. I dont think he is anywhere as fast as Aziz Zakari :idea: . And btw I think he is in Korea anyway. I think Zakari is the fastest Ghanaian around. Some young guns are showing up but it is gonna take time
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Postby truemamamia » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:39 pm

str8 fwd wrote:
deciiva wrote:
niidawg3 wrote:
truemamamia wrote:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I dey ground. U guys shd take it easy on Aziz. The guy is in his mid 30s(probably "atheltic age").if u consider this..then u will agree that he is doing something supernatural :P
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Postby str8 fwd » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:00 pm

truemamamia wrote:
str8 fwd wrote:

Unqualified Athletes:

(I didnt even know of this rule). But the question is who do u recommend? The Ghana Grand Prix started around the 6th of August(which is beyond the Aug 1 deadline) so I wonder which criteria was gonna be used? And in the 100m at the Grand Prix...the first 3 position was taken by foreigners with Appiah Kubi coming 4th. I dont think he is anywhere as fast as Aziz Zakari :idea: . And btw I think he is in Korea anyway. I think Zakari is the fastest Ghanaian around. Some young guns are showing up but it is gonna take time

The issue is lack of VISION from those in charge. It is not abt the times now cos the guy (Kubi) will use it as a learning experience provided he is also young and has POTENTIAL. Most countries are taking advantage of it and we are sticking to the status quo. There is no justification for Aziz to be there except sm1 wants to reward him for his past 'selfless' sacrifice to the nation. The UK has been doing that to help their Athletes gain experience e.g. Harry Aikins-Aryeetey, Jodie Williams etc. I will not be surprised if the officials accompanying the team include 'STRANGERS'

We may not have the financial backing but the little we get must be used properly not wasted!!. This is the same attitude being brought into the Frimpong issue. People are talking abt our current stock of midfielders without looking at the future.
str8 fwd
Taking A-level
Taking A-level

Postby franco » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:01 pm

I was about to bet ma left nutt sack he got his timely muscle pull lol :lol: :lol: :D his resiliance is admirable but fack!!!!
franco
SSS
SSS

Postby str8 fwd » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:05 pm

wadada wrote:

ok, we are all shocked that this guy is still running! :shock: in his heydays he was great, but fans like me were very frustrated with his usual muscle strain in the final round, money was on the table :roll: he still the best 100m sprinter to come from Ghana! NO

Are you sure boss? What is your criteria. Is it for the number of appearances at major champs or pulling a 419 on us he he he. Babylonia jnr will have smthn to say abt that.
str8 fwd
Taking A-level
Taking A-level

Postby Mid 20s » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:52 pm

100m finals is tomorrow right?
Mid 20s
BSc
BSc

Next

Return to Other Sports