Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

KOTOKO 2011/2012: Champions Kotoko confirms new signings!!!

Talk about the latest matches, your club, etc

Moderators: deciiva, kebashorificatious

KOTOKO 2011/2012: Champions Kotoko confirms new signings!!!

Postby Coach Prekese » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:49 am

By: David Kyei

A thirty-five member contingent of fabulous Kumasi Asante Kotoko will on 6th August 2011leave the shores of Ghana by Turkish Air to begin a 12 day training tour of Serbia.

The contingent would be led by Executive Board Chairman, Dr. K. K Sarpong with three management members, a journalist of Kotoko Express, three supporters, six members of the technical team and twenty players making the full compliment of the contingent.

The confirmed supporters for the trip are Berekum-based Ms. Veronica Benewah a.k.a Sister Afia, Nana Kwame Dankwah, the National Circles’ Council P.R.O and finally, the winner of the Supporters raffle to be drawn today, Friday.

Speaking to Kotoko Express, Administrative and Public Affairs Manager, Benjamin Nti, stated that the trip has been planned to take the team away from the pressures of home so that they could have the concentration to prepare for the assignments ahead.

“We have the top four to play and since we do not have much of time on our hands, the best way out is for us to go out of town to cool off and also train hard to be able to make a better and bigger impact in the top four and beyond”.

“More importantly, the trip will also give the new and existing players to bond well and build better camaraderie for the general good of the team”.

The contingent will return to Ghana on 18th August 2011 to put finishing touches to their preparation for the commencement of the new season.
Last edited by Coach Prekese on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 128 times in total.
User avatar
Coach Prekese
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 8313
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: the sugar mommy pleaser

Postby Coach Prekese » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:29 am

Where is hearts going...... :?: chorkor chemu-e naa :P
User avatar
Coach Prekese
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 8313
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: the sugar mommy pleaser

Postby Marble Arch » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:36 am

professor doctor prekese wrote:Where is hearts going...... :?: chorkor chemu-e naa :P


Why bring my Hearts of Oak into this?

If Ktk have decided to go and hide their sorry "naniamized" faces in Serbia, who cares? Leave my Hearts of Oak alone.

Losers.

Chokers.
User avatar
Marble Arch
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2134
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:06 am
Location: "Auros, Auros, Auros" = "Glory, Glory, Glory"

Postby Coach Prekese » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:45 am

Marble Arch wrote:
professor doctor prekese wrote:Where is hearts going...... :?: chorkor chemu-e naa :P


Why bring my Hearts of Oak into this?

If Ktk have decided to go and hide their sorry "naniamized" faces in Serbia, who cares? Leave my Hearts of Oak alone.

Losers.

Chokers.


Just a question :P
User avatar
Coach Prekese
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 8313
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: the sugar mommy pleaser

Postby franconero » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:19 am

You guys have moneybfor this? There goes your season
User avatar
franconero
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 3786
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:21 am
Location: Aburokyire

Postby FIO » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:35 am

What happened to Nania? Is that supposed to be a reward for winning the championship?... :P :P :P
FIO
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 5954
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:47 am

Postby Coach Prekese » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:25 am

Kotoko's contingent for the Serbia tour




By: Jerome Otchere



Date: 01-08-11



Asante Kotoko’s 35-man contingent for the 10-day tour of Serbia is out. The full list was released to Kotoko Express by the FA & International Relations Manager, Kwame Baah-Nuakoh.



Aside the 35 member-team there are also nine people, named under the caption, ‘self-sponsored’ comprising five journalists, three Kotoko officials and a player.



That therefore brings the total number of people who will leave Accra on Saturday, August 6, 2011 for the Eastern European country to 44. The 25 players among the 35-man contingent are as followers: goalkeepers – Isaac Amoako and Soulama Abdoulaye; defenders – Prince Anokye, Mohammed Sabato, Louis Quainoo, Yaw Frimpong, Amos Frimpong, Henry Ohene Brenya, John Kuffour and Awal Mohammed; midfielders – Daniel Nii Adjei, Fatawu Mohammed, Michael Akuffu, David Ofei, Afranie Yeboah, Stephen Oduro, Frank Boateng, Owusu Ansah Kontoh, Mohammed Yahaya, Obeng Regan, Harif Mohammed; attackers – Prince Dumfeh, Nathaniel Asamoah, Ahmed Toure and Kwame Boateng.



Management and technical members on the 35-man team include Administrative and acting Public Affairs Manager, Benjamin Nti; Operations Manager, Ernest Owusu Ansah; Technical Advisor, Malik Jabir; Head Coach, Bogdan Korak; Assistant Coach, Maxwell Konadu; Goalkeepers’ Trainer, Joseph Carr; Physiotherapist, Michael Ofosuhene Antwi and Equipment Officer, Issah Amadu.



Two staunch supporters of the club – the National Circes Council (NCC) spokesman, Daniel Nana Kwame Dankwa and a member of Circle 117 at Berekum, Veronica Afia will also be making the trip.



The nine people on the self-sponsored list include Executive Chairman, Dr. K. K. Sarpong; Board Member, Jerry Asare; Legal Advisor, Anastasia Akuoko and player, Gershon Akuffo.



The five pressmen are Kotoko Express photojournalist, David Kyei; Rockson Adjei-Yeboah, Prince Osei Agyekum, Bright Kankam Boadu and Eugene Adu Poku.



According to Kwame Baah Nuakoh, a comprehensive training programme which will see the team playing a number of trial matches against formidable clubs between the 8 and 16 of August on has been drawn.



He said aside the normal training sessions “there will be matches on the 8th, 10th, 13th and 16th of August” adding that all is set for the team to leave this Saturday.
User avatar
Coach Prekese
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 8313
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: the sugar mommy pleaser

Postby Coach Prekese » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:27 am

Kotoko Raffle drawn




By: David Kyei



Date: 01-08-11



The first draw of the Kotoko Raffle has been held with ticket number 09852 emerging as the winner to join Kotoko for their Serbia tour this weekend.

The draw took place at the Baba Yara Stadium last Sunday during the recess of the fun match between members of Ghana Actors Guild and Football Clubs’ Administrators in the country.

The honour to pick the winning ticket felt on the safe laps former Ashanti Regional Minister and also former MP for Subin constituency, Rev. S. K Boafo.

The raffle tickets are still on sale and fans have been urged to patronize it for the chance of winning travelling opportunities with Kotoko and other fantastic prizes.

Meanwhile, the holder of the ticket with the number 09852 is urgently requested to contact the following telephone numbers 0244744059 or 0244797394 to claim his/her prize.
User avatar
Coach Prekese
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 8313
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: the sugar mommy pleaser

Postby Coach Prekese » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:30 pm

Kwame Baah-Nuakoh resigns from management

By: David Kyei

Date: 03-08-11

The Dr. K. K Sarpong administration has suffered a setback with the resignation of his FA & International Relations Manager, Kwame Baah-Nuakoh.

According to information released by the Public Affairs directorate, Kwame has resigned his post to enable him pursue his PHD in Sports Economics.

Management and the members of the Kotoko Family wish Kwame well and good luck in all his endeavors.

In the meantime, Jerry Michael Asare, a.ka. 'Show-show' has been appointed to Kwame's position.
User avatar
Coach Prekese
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 8313
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: the sugar mommy pleaser

Postby Coach Prekese » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:31 pm

We will re-strategize for next season – Malik Jabir




By: Bernard Nyankomago-Yeboah



Date: 29-07-11



Technical Advisor, Malik Jabir, says the technical staff of Kumasi Asante Kotoko would go back to the drawing board and put the necessary measures in place to ensure that Kotoko becomes strong for the incoming 2011/12 football season.

In a post match interview with Kotoko Express after watching his side lost 0-1 to Nania FC in this year’s MTN FA Cup final at the Ohene Djan Sports Stadium last Sunday, Malik hinted that the technical bench has identified all the shortcomings in the team. He assured they would collaborate effectively with management and recruit quality players to strengthen those areas before next season kicks off.

“I want to assure the supporters that the technical staff and management will make judicious use of the off season and prepare a strong team for next season” he noted.

The expectation was high among Kotoko supporters who stormed the Ohene Djan Stadium last Sunday that the Porcupine Warriors would clinch this year’s MTN FA Cup in order to get the opportunity to play in the CAF Confederation Cup next season.

However, the well determined and organized Nania FC defied all odd in the presence of the massive Kotoko supporters and beat the fabulous boys 1-0 to win the trophy at stake for the first time. The goal came in the 113 minutes through Evan Omari after both teams had played goalless in regulation time.

It was a goal mouth melee and the skillful winger who was left unmarked by the Kotoko defenders back heeled the ball at the blind side of Goalkeeper Abdoulaye Soulama to carry the day for his side.

Commenting on the game itself, Malik said “I think our players were tired. You know they have not had enough rest since the Glo Premier came to an end and that really affected us today.

“But I will not take anything away from the Abedi Pele’s side. They really worked hard today and they deserve the trophy” he stated.

Asked why Yaw Frimpong who has been very instrumental in the Kotoko right full back since the competition started was not part of the team, Malik answered that he fell sick some few days to the crucial game and there was nothing they could do than to drop him.

He commended the supporters for their massive attendance on the evening and asked them to calm their nerves over the disappointment assuring that they will see a better team next season.
User avatar
Coach Prekese
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 8313
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: the sugar mommy pleaser

Postby DY » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:38 pm

Professor Doctor Prekese wrote:We will re-strategize for next season – Malik Jabir




By: Bernard Nyankomago-Yeboah



Date: 29-07-11



Technical Advisor, Malik Jabir, says the technical staff of Kumasi Asante Kotoko would go back to the drawing board and put the necessary measures in place to ensure that Kotoko becomes strong for the incoming 2011/12 football season.

In a post match interview with Kotoko Express after watching his side lost 0-1 to Nania FC in this year’s MTN FA Cup final at the Ohene Djan Sports Stadium last Sunday, Malik hinted that the technical bench has identified all the shortcomings in the team. He assured they would collaborate effectively with management and recruit quality players to strengthen those areas before next season kicks off.

“I want to assure the supporters that the technical staff and management will make judicious use of the off season and prepare a strong team for next season” he noted.

The expectation was high among Kotoko supporters who stormed the Ohene Djan Stadium last Sunday that the Porcupine Warriors would clinch this year’s MTN FA Cup in order to get the opportunity to play in the CAF Confederation Cup next season.

However, the well determined and organized Nania FC defied all odd in the presence of the massive Kotoko supporters and beat the fabulous boys 1-0 to win the trophy at stake for the first time. The goal came in the 113 minutes through Evan Omari after both teams had played goalless in regulation time.

It was a goal mouth melee and the skillful winger who was left unmarked by the Kotoko defenders back heeled the ball at the blind side of Goalkeeper Abdoulaye Soulama to carry the day for his side.

Commenting on the game itself, Malik said “I think our players were tired. You know they have not had enough rest since the Glo Premier came to an end and that really affected us today.

“But I will not take anything away from the Abedi Pele’s side. They really worked hard today and they deserve the trophy” he stated.

Asked why Yaw Frimpong who has been very instrumental in the Kotoko right full back since the competition started was not part of the team, Malik answered that he fell sick some few days to the crucial game and there was nothing they could do than to drop him.

He commended the supporters for their massive attendance on the evening and asked them to calm their nerves over the disappointment assuring that they will see a better team next season.


Thank you Prof. for letting us know what is happening in the RED ROOM. Fabu the best.
DY
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:29 pm
Location: Kotoko training ground

Postby Coach Prekese » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:40 pm

DY wrote:
Professor Doctor Prekese wrote:We will re-strategize for next season – Malik Jabir




By: Bernard Nyankomago-Yeboah



Date: 29-07-11



Technical Advisor, Malik Jabir, says the technical staff of Kumasi Asante Kotoko would go back to the drawing board and put the necessary measures in place to ensure that Kotoko becomes strong for the incoming 2011/12 football season.

In a post match interview with Kotoko Express after watching his side lost 0-1 to Nania FC in this year’s MTN FA Cup final at the Ohene Djan Sports Stadium last Sunday, Malik hinted that the technical bench has identified all the shortcomings in the team. He assured they would collaborate effectively with management and recruit quality players to strengthen those areas before next season kicks off.

“I want to assure the supporters that the technical staff and management will make judicious use of the off season and prepare a strong team for next season” he noted.

The expectation was high among Kotoko supporters who stormed the Ohene Djan Stadium last Sunday that the Porcupine Warriors would clinch this year’s MTN FA Cup in order to get the opportunity to play in the CAF Confederation Cup next season.

However, the well determined and organized Nania FC defied all odd in the presence of the massive Kotoko supporters and beat the fabulous boys 1-0 to win the trophy at stake for the first time. The goal came in the 113 minutes through Evan Omari after both teams had played goalless in regulation time.

It was a goal mouth melee and the skillful winger who was left unmarked by the Kotoko defenders back heeled the ball at the blind side of Goalkeeper Abdoulaye Soulama to carry the day for his side.

Commenting on the game itself, Malik said “I think our players were tired. You know they have not had enough rest since the Glo Premier came to an end and that really affected us today.

“But I will not take anything away from the Abedi Pele’s side. They really worked hard today and they deserve the trophy” he stated.

Asked why Yaw Frimpong who has been very instrumental in the Kotoko right full back since the competition started was not part of the team, Malik answered that he fell sick some few days to the crucial game and there was nothing they could do than to drop him.

He commended the supporters for their massive attendance on the evening and asked them to calm their nerves over the disappointment assuring that they will see a better team next season.


Thank you Prof. for letting us know what is happening in the RED ROOM. Fabu the best.


8) Kotoko beku me!!!
User avatar
Coach Prekese
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 8313
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: the sugar mommy pleaser

Postby Coach Prekese » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:09 pm

Asante Kotoko have confirmed they will play four matches on their tour to Serbia which begins on Monday.

The Kumasi-based side will leave Accra on Saturday and will play their first test match two days later against FC Sloda Sevojno, which finished sixth last season, in Sevojno.

On 10 August, the two-time African champions will travel to Zlatibor to engage FC Metalac GM.

The team will stay in Zlatibor for a second match against FC Borac Cacak on 14 August.

Kotoko’s final match will be against Uefa Europa League campaigners FC Vojvodina which has two Ghanaian players Yaw Antwi and teenager Akwasi Frimpong.

All matches will be played at 17: 00 CET.

Our club have confirmed that a 35-man contingent will travel to the Eastern European country.


I remain your true red fabulous aficionado.

Kotoko Beku Me.
User avatar
Coach Prekese
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 8313
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: the sugar mommy pleaser

Postby Kwakwe Last Stop » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:15 pm

I hope all the players will return home...
User avatar
Kwakwe Last Stop
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 25731
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:29 am
Location: Certified Bad Ass Mother Fucker

Postby NaMrecco$ » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:18 pm

Kwakwe Last Stop wrote:I hope all the players will return home...
some might get contracts :lol: :lol: :lol:

so they were able to pay tickets for 35 people... :lol: :lol: GFA should increase that fine... I changed my mind
User avatar
NaMrecco$
Professor
Professor
 
Posts: 66518
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:41 pm
Location: India New Delhi

Postby Coach Prekese » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:29 pm

Kwakwe Last Stop wrote:I hope all the players will return home...


:shock: What do you take us for ??

kwasiasem kwa!!! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
User avatar
Coach Prekese
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 8313
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: the sugar mommy pleaser

Postby Coach Prekese » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:30 pm

$occerMan wrote:
Kwakwe Last Stop wrote:I hope all the players will return home...
some might get contracts :lol: :lol: :lol:

so they were able to pay tickets for 35 people... :lol: :lol: GFA should increase that fine... I changed my mind


And you think we will pay....?

Keep on dreaming......!!!
User avatar
Coach Prekese
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 8313
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: the sugar mommy pleaser

Postby Kwakwe Last Stop » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:02 am

Professor Doctor Prekese wrote:
Kwakwe Last Stop wrote:I hope all the players will return home...


:shock: What do you take us for ??

kwasiasem kwa!!! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Oh STFU you stupid f00l. :roll: :arrow:
User avatar
Kwakwe Last Stop
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 25731
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:29 am
Location: Certified Bad Ass Mother Fucker

Postby Coach Prekese » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Kwakwe Last Stop wrote:
Professor Doctor Prekese wrote:
Kwakwe Last Stop wrote:I hope all the players will return home...


:shock: What do you take us for ??

kwasiasem kwa!!! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Oh STFU you stupid f00l. :roll: :arrow:


Will have time for your supid talks in another thread!!!
User avatar
Coach Prekese
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 8313
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: the sugar mommy pleaser

Postby Coach Prekese » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:17 pm

8)
User avatar
Coach Prekese
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 8313
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: the sugar mommy pleaser

Next

Return to Football



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fatso, Google [Bot], keen observer, Kofi Jolof and 33 guests