Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Help needed, Mods allow plz

Discuss investment opportunies in Ghana and other financial issues

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

Help needed, Mods allow plz

Postby zingaro » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:08 am

a close friend in ma school wants to know what kinda profitable business $10,000 can in GHANA..., i have no idea so seeking advice from forumers... forgive me guyz i know this is not soccer related but genuine answers would be appreciated...
zingaro
JSS
JSS

Postby D2 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:16 am

oh i see...this is soccer related paa!!! Just ask him to give me his bank account number and sort code and i will advice :D :D :D
D2
SSS
SSS

Postby Obielord » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:32 am

My uncle left $2 million which Prez Mills won't let me take unless I pay $10K in taxes. Tell ur friend he can multiply his money by 100 if he is interested. :wink:
Obielord
Phd
Phd

Postby Yaw Opare Kumcha » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:01 am

tell your friend there is very little that money can do. He can invest his money in the USA for now. If he just want to put his money in Ghana, I suggest he invest, in a treasury bond...Basically, he needs to add more to his capital...$10000 is peanuts for any serious business in Ghana.
Yaw Opare Kumcha
MSc
MSc

Postby knana » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:33 am

Yaw Opare Kumcha wrote:tell your friend there is very little that money can do. He can invest his money in the USA for now. If he just want to put his money in Ghana, I suggest he invest, in a treasury bond...Basically, he needs to add more to his capital...$10000 is peanuts for any serious business in Ghana.

Agree wit u on dis one......i think Treasury Bill(wit roll over) is his best option for now. i did that few years ago and have more than double my lil investment.
knana
BSc
BSc

Postby BiGxGh.Com™ » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:29 pm

Yaw Opare Kumcha wrote:tell your friend there is very little that money can do. He can invest his money in the USA for now. If he just want to put his money in Ghana, I suggest he invest, in a treasury bond...Basically, he needs to add more to his capital...$10000 is peanuts for any serious business in Ghana.
how much money do ya think started with from marks dorm room?
BiGxGh.Com™
BSc
BSc

Postby truemamamia » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:40 pm

10K is nothing for a startup business unless u are talking about buy and sell business that more than 50% of Ghanaians do anyway. If he wants to tow that line maybe going to Dubai to buy foss and some fake chinese fones is what will suffice. :P

On a more serious note your question is so generic. U cant have 10K and ask what business is profitable. First question is what field does he dominate, Health,Business(insurance,Retail etc). For him to be successful he has to identify a subject matter that he dominates and then he can take it from there. If he is into insurance-I guess running a Funeral Insurance wont be bad, If he is into Human resources then running a consultancy firm or Employment Agency wont be bad either. And today the most successful businesses in Ghana are IT and Telecommunications IMO and look out for Gas and Oil
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Postby Yaw Opare Kumcha » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:25 pm

BIGxGH.COM wrote:
how much money do ya think started with from marks dorm room?

Mark came out with an innovation. That is the difference. Even that, FB became popular after $500,000 endorsement from a company. That gave them the capacity to operative the way that allowed FB to become what it is today.
Yaw Opare Kumcha
MSc
MSc

Postby Yaw Opare Kumcha » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:28 pm

truemamamia wrote:10K is nothing for a startup business unless u are talking about buy and sell business that more than 50% of Ghanaians do anyway. If he wants to tow that line maybe going to Dubai to buy foss and some fake chinese fones is what will suffice. :P

On a more serious note your question is so generic. U cant have 10K and ask what business is profitable. First question is what field does he dominate, Health,Business(insurance,Retail etc). For him to be successful he has to identify a subject matter that he dominates and then he can take it from there. If he is into insurance-I guess running a Funeral Insurance wont be bad, If he is into Human resources then running a consultancy firm or Employment Agency wont be bad either. And today the most successful businesses in Ghana are IT and Telecommunications IMO and look out for Gas and Oil

All these require more than $10000. Some of these may require an amount close to amilli.
Yaw Opare Kumcha
MSc
MSc

Postby truemamamia » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:10 pm

Yaw Opare Kumcha wrote:
truemamamia wrote:10K is nothing for a startup business unless u are talking about buy and sell business that more than 50% of Ghanaians do anyway. If he wants to tow that line maybe going to Dubai to buy foss and some fake chinese fones is what will suffice. :P

All these require more than $10000. Some of these may require an amount close to amilli.

Yeah but there is no way he is going to accumulate that money(millions) to be able to start for real. He has to start from somewhere. And note when I talk about telecom Industry or Gas/Oil...am not even talking about starting something to rival MTN etc but subsidiary business in the same field.
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Postby Yaw Opare Kumcha » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:13 pm

truemamamia wrote:
Yaw Opare Kumcha wrote:

Yeah but there is no way he is going to accumulate that money(millions) to be able to start for real. He has to start from somewhere. And note when I talk about telecom Industry or Gas/Oil...am not even talking about starting something to rival MTN etc but subsidiary business in the same field.

That is true. Care to share some examples?
Yaw Opare Kumcha
MSc
MSc

Postby truemamamia » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:09 pm

There are so many subsuidiary branches to those industries...what about u use google?

Off head consultancy in the following comes to my mind :
Programming
Software Engineering
Marketing Research
Network System and data communication analysis
Systems Analysis

The telecom Industry is booming in Ghana and over and over they requiring specific services. Consultation Services on any of the following can be a good start up. And Oil and gas there are numerous branches that one could concentrate on
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Postby Yaw Opare Kumcha » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:47 pm

truemamamia wrote:There are so many subsuidiary branches to those industries...what about u use google?

Programming
Software Engineering
Marketing Research
Systems Analysis

The telecom Industry is booming in Ghana and over and over they requiring specific services. Consultation Services on any of the following can be a good start up. And Oil and gas there are numerous branches that one could concentrate on

rude? but cool 8) 8) 8) 8)
Yaw Opare Kumcha
MSc
MSc

Postby Simmon » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:27 pm

Obielord wrote:My uncle left $2 million which Prez Mills won't let me take unless I pay $10K in taxes. Tell ur friend he can multiply his money by 100 if he is interested. :wink:

good one there tho. :lol:
Simmon
SSS
SSS

Postby truemamamia » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:54 pm

Yaw Opare Kumcha wrote:
truemamamia wrote:There are so many subsuidiary branches to those industries...what about u use google?

Programming
Software Engineering
Marketing Research
Systems Analysis

Sorry if u considered it rude. But I still think a budding economist like u can easily check these things out this.U shd be the one feeding me off these stuffs :P
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Postby Yaw Opare Kumcha » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:28 am

truemamamia wrote:
Yaw Opare Kumcha wrote:

Programming
Software Engineering
Marketing Research
Systems Analysis

Sorry if u considered it rude. But I still think a budding economist like u can easily check these things out this.U shd be the one feeding me off these stuffs :P

:P :P :P :P :P
Yaw Opare Kumcha
MSc
MSc

Return to Susu