Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

A SPIRITUAL EXERCISE TO TRY

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

OF FAKE JOURNEYS AND THE MAHATMA

Postby OPIAMENSA » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:40 am

First of all, how can you see with your eyes closed???

Now can you discredit me if I were to tell you that I "saw" all the things you mentioned on the Journey on an Ocean of Light and even "got" on the boat with the Mahatma?

One can only make up things or images that they want or choose IMAGINE when the eyes are closed. It has nothing to do with reality. With my eyes closed, I can imagine that I am sleeping among a pride of wild lions. This will be fakery because real wild lions will have me for dinner for real

You are exposing yourself to fakery!!!
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS

Re: OF FAKE JOURNEYS AND THE MAHATMA

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:31 am

OPIAMENSA wrote:First of all, how can you see with your eyes closed???

Now can you discredit me if I were to tell you that I "saw" all the things you mentioned on the Journey on an Ocean of Light and even "got" on the boat with the Mahatma?

One can only make up things or images that they want or choose IMAGINE when the eyes are closed. It has nothing to do with reality. With my eyes closed, I can imagine that I am sleeping among a pride of wild lions. This will be fakery because real wild lions will have me for dinner for real

1st of all MAHATMA means great soul.MAHA(great) and ATMA(Soul).lt used to be a title of great importance in lndia.Today it is used loosely.

MAHANTA is state of consciousness.The current spiritual leader of Eckankar is the MAHANTA of our times.

|The two are not the same and must not be confused.

Now.Yes,you can see with your eyes closed.lnfact you can see a thousand times clearer with the spiritual eyes(a spot between the eyebrows).
ln many,it is shut.But with training,the eye of Soul can begin to open gradually.
l know how dificult it is to explain the spiritual eye to someone who rejects the existence of Soul.

Another point of interest is IMAGINATION.
lt is a great gift.l'll touch on this later.

You don't have to try the exercise.Someone who tries and find out it is "fake" is a thousand times better of than one who doubts or question it before trying.
There is not a single inventor,explorer,scientist,artist,or anyone who has contributed to human advancement and civilization who hasn't used the powers of imagination.
Without the gift of imagination,you will remain a prisoner in your human shell with no hope of reaching beyond your nose.
More later
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Re: OF FAKE JOURNEYS AND THE MAHATMA

Postby Justin White (kwame) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:29 am

OPIAMENSA wrote:First of all, how can you see with your eyes closed???

THANK YOU.
Justin White (kwame)
BSc
BSc

OF FAKERIES AMD QUACKERIES.

Postby OPIAMENSA » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:44 pm

OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS

Postby Q' lypse » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:41 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Opia, woy3 panin bonee paa :lol: :lol:
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby quophi aletse » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:12 pm

eiiii opia :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter

Postby OPIAMENSA » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:59 pm

Q' lypse--Gemini wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

ad3n? :wink:
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS

Re: OF FAKE JOURNEYS AND THE MAHATMA AND JIM JONES

Postby OPIAMENSA » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:25 pm

knyame64 wrote: ...Someone who tries and find out it is "fake" is a thousand times better of than one who doubts or question it before trying ... More later[/color]

This was the end of the road for about a thousand people who failed to question!! They tried Jim Jones and found out that he was a fake. In your world they are a thousand times better than those who had doubts and raised questions. In my world they are the sorry thousand!!!
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS

Postby Q' lypse » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:26 pm

OPIAMENSA wrote:
Q' lypse--Gemini wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

ad3n? :wink:

One eye monster. Aden, wei di3 we susu koraa
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:53 pm

The Spiritual Exercises of ECK
How do you tune in in ECK?

With the Spiritual Exercises of ECK. That's our form of prayer. It's a form of contemplation where we don't try to tell God what to do. We listen to hear what God's Voice is saying to us.

—Harold Klemp,
How to Survive Spiritually in Our Times

A Spiritual Treasure

Eckankar teaches simple spiritual exercises to experience the Light and Sound of God.

These exercises also help us Soul Travel, to move into greater states of consciousness. People of any faith can use Eckankar's spiritual exercises to find answers to their questions about this life and the afterlife.

Spiritual exercises are a "treasure whose value we might overlook because of their simplicity. But they are your lifeline to the Word of God," says Harold Klemp, the spiritual leader of Eckankar.

A spiritual exercise can be as simple as relaxing and singing the word HU, an ancient name for God. As we practice these spiritual exercises, we learn to recognize the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives. We learn that each of us is Soul, a spark of God sent to this world to gain spiritual experience.

www.eckankar.org
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby OPIAMENSA » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:35 pm

knyame64 wrote: ... we don't try to tell God what to do. We listen to hear what God's Voice is saying to us ...
Your ahanta mahatmas are VERY smart people. So watch it!!! They have learnt thru the jewish and moslem and christian experiences that God does not answer prayer so they come up with this kakamania about listening to God and not telling God what to do. Now answer me ... why would God want to speak to eckists? he did not ask you or tell us when he was going to "create". God does not need to tell you eckists anything. Period. After all your God is omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent and all the other omni attributes you can heap up on him. If I am wrong please tell me - what has God told you lately? And if has not told you anything so far pls. ask your mahatma. Sure your mahatma will not keep this secret from you!
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS

Postby Janet » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:54 am

OPIAMENSA wrote:
knyame64 wrote: ...Someone who tries and find out it is "fake" is a thousand times better of than one who doubts or question it before trying ... More later[/color]

This was the end of the road for about a thousand people who failed to question!! They tried Jim Jones and found out that he was a fake. In your world they are a thousand times better than those who had doubts and raised questions. In my world they are the sorry thousand!!!

Great point.
Janet
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:13 am

OPIAMENSA wrote:
knyame64 wrote: ... we don't try to tell God what to do. We listen to hear what God's Voice is saying to us ...
Your ahanta mahatmas are VERY smart people. So watch it!!! They have learnt thru the jewish and moslem and christian experiences that God does not answer prayer so they come up with this kakamania about listening to God and not telling God what to do. Now answer me ... why would God want to speak to eckists? he did not ask you or tell us when he was going to "create". God does not need to tell you eckists anything. Period. After all your God is omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent and all the other omni attributes you can heap up on him. If I am wrong please tell me - what has God told you lately? And if has not told you anything so far pls. ask your mahatma. Sure your mahatma will not keep this secret from you!

You are not wrong in your thinking at all.You see,what you are getting or not getting is perfectly in tune with your state of consciousness.Christ made this point in his parable of the sower of seeds.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:57 am

OPIAMENSA wrote:

You have a group of people who follow a leader blindly like sheep and end up in something as horible as mass suicide.
This is not what lm driving at when l talked about those who seek and those who doubt.
There are those who will try something eg spiritual exercise to find out whether it works or not.Let us call this group A team
Then you have those who out of fear or some other reason will not try it at all.And let us call this group B team.
l hope you understand where lm going with this argument.
The clear distinction must be made here.When you get instruction that direct you to do something negative,evil or bad,it is not from God.Life is precious.Nothing is worthy if it means taking a life or your life.
This is where you learn discrimination.What is right or wrong in a spiritual sense.
lt can be argued that B team only believes what they can feel,see or touch.Thats okay.They believe everything within the safe confines of their physical senses.Thats okay.

Now,you have A team who refuse to accept the close confines of their human consciousness.Usually,these are the bold and adventuresome.

A great sage once said,the bold,courageous and adventuresome will see God.
And Christ in his great sermon on the mountain said the meek shall inherit earth.
The great sages,explorers,movers and shakers comes under A team.
During the time of Columbus,those who thought sailing towards the edge of the the earth who a crazy idea come under B team.Those were the ones who stayed at home.

Let me touch on the spiritual eye.Christ kept saying to his followers;those who have eyes let them see and those who have ears let them hear.He was gently pointing to the spiritual senses.
When he said "follow me" some thought he meant physically following him around.A man came up to him and said he will follow him wherever he went.Christ knew the man didn't understand what he mean by "follow me" so he turn around and told him......"birds have nest and foxes have holes but the son of man has nowhere to lay him head.

Opiamensa has put me in a defensive mood with this comparism with cultism and mass suicide :lol:
This is not laughing matter :wink:
Eckankar is not a cult.l've been a member for over 20 years and this give me a fair idea what this teaching is about.lm a happily married man with two great kids.l will tell anybody and l mean anyone who ask me to eg leave my wife and kids or kill myself to go to hell.

WHAT ARE ECKISTS LIKE?
"ECKists come from all walks of life.Their only common denominator is a love of God and a commitment in spiritual unfoldment.
They are of every race and religious background.They are responsible members of their community and are not restricted by any special dietary rules,ascetic practices,or dress codes which would differentiate them from their neighbours.
Most people who have come into ECKANKAR have done so because their questions about life were not being answered by orthodox and traditional teachings.
From "Eckankar,Ancient Wisdom For Today"

ln conclusion,the point lm trying to make is a simple one.There are those who believe theres more to this world than meets the eye.They are not satisfied with the accepting the very narrow confines of their earthly prison.
Then there are those who are okay with what meets the eye.
We have seekers and we have those who will not venture into the unknown.
We must not confuse these with a nutcase and followers who will happily drink his urine.
Written in a rush.Mistakes are mine.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Q' lypse » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:33 pm

knyame64 wrote:
The clear distinction must be made here.When you get instruction that direct you to do something negative,evil or bad,it is not from God.
Who is speaking, who says something is good, evil, bad etc. Who is talking. Do you think the Jihadists think they are evil and they are doing evil? Come again bro. Do you think what they are doing is not from God? Don't they say they are doing God's work?

knyame64 wrote:
Life is precious.Nothing is worthy if it means taking a life or your life.
This is where you learn discrimination.What is right or wrong in a spiritual sense.
There is a right and wrong in a spiritual sense? :?

knyame64 wrote:
Let me touch on the spiritual eye.Christ kept saying to his followers;those who have eyes let them see and those who have ears let them hear.He was gently pointing to the spiritual senses.
When he said "follow me" some thought he meant physically following him around.A man came up to him and said he will follow him wherever he went.Christ knew the man didn't understand what he mean by "follow me" so he turn around and told him......"birds have nest and foxes have holes but the son of man has nowhere to lay him head.

Good one. Nice :D

knyame64 wrote:
Opiamensa has put me in a defensive mood with this comparism with cultism and mass suicide :lol:

:lol: :lol:

knyame64 wrote:
Eckankar is not a cult.l've been a member for over 20 years and this give me a fair idea what this teaching is about.lm a happily married man with two great kids.

And who said those who we call cultists were not happily married?

knyame64 wrote:
We must not confuse these with a nutcase and followers who will happily drink his urine.
You are making a lot of judgments here. Who said whoever drinks urine is a nut case? Who is the judge? Whats a nut case anyway? Is it because they do what you don't do?

knyame64 wrote:
Written in a rush.Mistakes are mine
You don't say 8)
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby OPIAMENSA » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:29 pm

knyame64 wrote:You have a group of people who follow a leader blindly like sheep and end up in something as horible as mass suicide..
Show me a spiritual or religious gathering where one can ask a question and get real answers and I will show you where mass suicide CANNOT happen. Show me a religion where peer pressure is discouraged and the longing to belong is absent and I will show you where horrible things cannot happen.
knyame64 wrote: A great sage once said,the bold,courageous and adventuresome will see God.
And Jesus also said Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Now how do you explain this chasm between the two conclusions? Does courageous and adventuresome equate with pure in heart? Do you see where failure to ask questions can easily lead to undesirable consequences?
knyame64 wrote:Opiamensa has put me in a defensive mood with this comparism with cultism and mass suicide :lol: This is not laughing matter :wink: Eckankar is not a cult ...
With the thoughts you have expressed above, no wonder you feel defensive. My real intention is to get you thinking. You see when our ancestors first met the white man they did not think about asking the BIG questions. Being a profoundly religious people, it is easy to see why they went along with all the garbage the were fed. And like them we are saddled with all that imported religious garbage. They were told that everything about the "new" religion is all good and proper and white as snow while everything about the indigenous religion was spoken of in unflattering language - It was evil and dark as night. It was idolatry. It does not bend towards the creator. It is of the devil. Most importantly the new religion led to salvation while the local religion led to eternal damnation. Now it is easy to see that we were lied to. All these religions are the same and all these Gods don't give a damn. As a friend of mine will say` ... the same difference`
Sadly, it is this premise that most Africans operate from to this day. Any imported religion, be it latter day saints or eckankar or buddhism or hare krishna is `better`than any local spirituality or religion. Truth is Yahweh and Allah and Wahegru and Krishna and Jesus are all are no better than Tigare or Dadzeban. They are all dead from the neck up.
knyame64 wrote:There are those who believe theres more to this world than meets the eye.They are not satisfied with the accepting the very narrow confines of their earthly prison. Then there are those who are okay with what meets the eye.
Believing there is more to this earth proves nothing. If I believe there is a man on mars, it does not prove there is a man on mars.If I know there is a man on mars, it proves there is a man on mars. Belief is an indication of ignorance and zero intelligence. Belief in God is the cause of a very very large percentage of wars and conflicts over the millennia. The wise shun belief in favour of knowledge. The wise will not settle for childish and naive belief in the mahatma's hunch there is a third eye on your forehead. The wise will rather know because knowing is a thousand times better than belief. Knowing is science. Indeed, the definition of science is "to know," from the Latin noun scientia and verb scire. And please do not say the earth is a prison. It is not. Show me a prison that spins at 1000 miles per hour while travelling at about 67,000 miles per hour through space. This is real travel. It beats soul travel hands down. Again we do not even know about 75% of what is under the sea. Forget about the third eye. Do not take this earth for granted and go asearching for a third eye.
knyame64 wrote:Written in a rush.Mistakes are mine.
C'mon buddy, do Adisco proud. The least you can do is use spell check. If you did then words like COMPARISM will become COMPARISON. Capici?
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:02 pm

Opiamensa
Show me a spiritual or religious gathering where one can ask a question and get real answers and I will show you where mass suicide CANNOT happen. Show me a religion where peer pressure is discouraged and the longing to belong is absent and I will show you where horrible things cannot happen.

l can speak here about the spiritual path l belong to.The teaching of ECK is based on love.ECK means Holy Spirit by the way.
You are Soul,a spark of God.So you have the God-Knowledge within you.

"The teachings of ECK will awaken the knowledge and love for the divine things that are already in your heart."

So when you talk about real answers,they are the ones you find out yourself.Nobody has answers to your questions.lnfact,it is said is what you find out for yourself 1st.lt is not what you hear or read.
ln ECK,you maintain your individuality and NEVER lean on another;not even the Master.lt is a path to self mastery.Theres no personality worship anywhere in the ECK teaching.
There are no dos or don'ts in ECKANKAR.The one l only know of is about smoking.
A bold NO SMOKING sign is displayed in many of our gathering.
You are NEVER forced to do anything in ECK.Even the Master will not enter your psychic space without your permission.
You are going to find real answers to your questions with ECK membership.They are going to come to you from within.lt will be yours.
This is a bit of what l can say about the teaching.
Opiamensa,my beliefs are different from yours.Things l hold to heart may mean little or nothing to you.But thats ok.No two people are the same or thing alike.
l respect your views.You've set your stall clearly.You do not blow hot and cold.l respect you for that.

Opiamensa
And Jesus also said Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Now how do you explain this chasm between the two conclusions? Does courageous and adventuresome equate with pure in heart? Do you see where failure to ask questions can easily lead to undesirable consequences?

A better way of view this is to ask yourself what "pure in heart" means.
One could argue that Hitler was bold,courageous and adventuresome.
Draw your own conclusions.

Opiamensa
With the thoughts you have expressed above, no wonder you feel defensive. My real intention is to get you thinking. You see when our ancestors first met the white man they did not think about asking the BIG questions. Being a profoundly religious people, it is easy to see why they went along with all the garbage the were fed. And like them we are saddled with all that imported religious garbage. They were told that everything about the "new" religion is all good and proper and white as snow while everything about the indigenous religion was spoken of in unflattering language - It was evil and dark as night. It was idolatry. It does not bend towards the creator. It is of the devil. Most importantly the new religion led to salvation while the local religion led to eternal damnation. Now it is easy to see that we were lied to. All these religions are the same and all these Gods don't give a damn. As a friend of mine will say` ... the same difference`
Sadly, it is this premise that most Africans operate from to this day. Any imported religion, be it latter day saints or eckankar or buddhism or hare krishna is `better`than any local spirituality or religion. Truth is Yahweh and Allah and Wahegru and Krishna and Jesus are all are no better than Tigare or Dadzeban. They are all dead from the neck up.

l have mentioned this here in the past.lf Tigare works for you,why not,go Tigare.
lf you are happy where you are,stay there.lf not,find another path.Whatever floats your boat.

Opiamensa
Believing there is more to this earth proves nothing. If I believe there is a man on mars, it does not prove there is a man on mars.If I know there is a man on mars, it proves there is a man on mars. Belief is an indication of ignorance and zero intelligence. Belief in God is the cause of a very very large percentage of wars and conflicts over the millennia. The wise shun belief in favour of knowledge. The wise will not settle for childish and naive belief in the mahatma's hunch there is a third eye on your forehead. The wise will rather know because knowing is a thousand times better than belief. Knowing is science. Indeed, the definition of science is "to know," from the Latin noun scientia and verb scire. And please do not say the earth is a prison. It is not. Show me a prison that spins at 1000 miles per hour while travelling at about 67,000 miles per hour through space. This is real travel. It beats soul travel hands down. Again we do not even know about 75% of what is under the sea. Forget about the third eye. Do not take this earth for granted and go asearching for a third eye.

Go through the history of the sciences and you will be amazed that the movers and shakers,those who have contributed to human civilization were spiritually enlightened.Most were dreamers;true dreamers.

Opiamensa
C'mon buddy, do Adisco proud. The least you can do is use spell check. If you did then words like COMPARISM will become COMPARISON. Capici?

Sorry,written in a rush.Mistakes are mine and mine only. :lol:
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Q' lypse » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:46 am

so u dnt answer my questions Mr Nyame?
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:34 pm

http://www.eckankar.org/SEW/index.html

Who is the Mahanta?
The Mahanta is the inner, or spiritual, form of the Living ECK Master. It is the highest state of God Consciousness known to man. The Mahanta gives inner guidance through dreams, Soul Travel, and the Spiritual Exercises of ECK.

The Mahanta, the Living ECK Master's role is to serve as the Wayshower and spiritual guide. He teaches Souls who are ready and guides them on the path home to God. He is given deep respect but is not worshipped.

www.eckankar.org
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Next

Return to Osofo Joint (religion)