Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Windows Phone 7 Discussion- GOOGLE Buys Motorola for $12.5bn

Computers, Internet, software, technology, etc

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

Windows Phone 7 Discussion- GOOGLE Buys Motorola for $12.5bn

Postby el Padrino » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:33 am

Ok...i meant to create this thread a long time ago. They got an uphill battle to climb with iOS and more significantly, Android but do you guys think Microsoft has a shot with this?

I confess to being a Microsoft fanboy. I've used an iPhone(too dumb for me) used an Android(the Milestone) nice phone but was too big. And i didnt really have the patience to get to know it before i run back to my trusty 9700.

The advantage Microsoft has is that its completely different. Android and iOS all use grids. Micosoft has tiles and hubs and Metro UI. Has Zune and XBOX Live Integration. And HAS ANYONE SEEN THAT CALENDAR :shock: :shock: :lol: I know its just a calendar but still.

U can go here to look at the somewhat interactive Demo.

http://www.windowsphone7.com/

A short film of the calendar :lol: There are better videos but i cant seem to find em.

Engadget has a hub on it. Tons of info over here.

http://www.engadget.com/product/windows-phone-7-series

And finally, some eye candy.

Dell's line up.

One of a few HTC phones to launch

This is a dev prototype but high chances it will make production. I've seen about 2 other Samsung devices.

And lastly, check out the weather app by HTC here.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/16/is-this-htc-sense-on-windows-phone-7/

This whole thing is rumored to launch on Oct 11. Chances are it will be available to be purchased 2-3 weeks after it launches. Sprint and Verizon wont be getting any phones till mid 2011. AT&T is gonna lose iPhone exclusivity in January so its all-in with WP7. Tmobile is getting the HD7 on Nov. 1.

Anyways...exhaustive post but,......what y'all think?
Last edited by el Padrino on Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
el Padrino
Phd
Phd

Re: Windows Phone 7

Postby Justin White (kwame) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:02 am

el Padrino wrote:Ok...i meant to create this thread a long time ago. They got an uphill battle to climb with iOS and more significantly, Android but do you guys think Microsoft has a shot with this?

I confess to being a Microsoft fanboy. I've used an iPhone(too dumb for me) used an Android(the Milestone) nice phone but was too big. And i didnt really have the patience to get to know it before i run back to my trusty 9700.

The advantage Microsoft has is that its completely different. Android and iOS all use grids. Micosoft has tiles and hubs and Metro UI. Has Zune and XBOX Live Integration. And HAS ANYONE SEEN THAT CALENDAR :shock: :shock: :lol: I know its just a calendar but still.

U can go here to look at the somewhat interactive Demo.

http://www.windowsphone7.com/

A short film of the calendar :lol: There are better videos but i cant seem to find em.

Engadget has a hub on it. Tons of info over here.

http://www.engadget.com/product/windows-phone-7-series

And finally, some eye candy.

Dell's line up.

One of a few HTC phones to launch

This is a dev prototype but high chances it will make production. I've seen about 2 other Samsung devices.

And lastly, check out the weather app by HTC here.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/16/is-this-htc-sense-on-windows-phone-7/

This whole thing is rumored to launch on Oct 11. Chances are it will be available to be purchased 2-3 weeks after it launches. Sprint and Verizon wont be getting any phones till mid 2011. AT&T is gonna lose iPhone exclusivity in January so its all-in with WP7. Tmobile is getting the HD7 on Nov. 1.

Anyways...exhaustive post but,......what y'all think?

Very interesting. But why is iPhone "too-dumb"?

Great links.
This one is definitely cool
Justin White (kwame)
BSc
BSc

Postby el Padrino » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:36 am

:lol: :lol: i find it very offensive that everyone and their grandma have the same phone that i have. Everything has been simplified in the interest of reducing the learning curve, which is great but annoying for me.

Also i am very disgusted by the stance Apple takes with their phones. Look how quickly Android has caught up because google takes a laissez-faire approach. If its my device and i paid for it, why cant i do wtv i want with it.

I know u love iPhone tho... :P
el Padrino
Phd
Phd

Postby lyricalghv6.0 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:42 pm

blackberry is still da ish... BBM makes up for all the other flaws... cant wait till i can get a BB6 on vzw
lyricalghv6.0
Coach
Coach

Postby el Padrino » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:09 pm

No boss. I am a staunch defender or Blackberry. Hell i break out into sweats when i cant find my phone for more than 30 seconds. And BBM has saved me a whole lot of money on longdistance calls and international text messages but they need to buck up and real soon.

Blackberry used to be a business only device and it was great at it. Then they made it more appealing to consumers and they succeeded. But then they sat down and stopped innovating. If they lost BBM exclusivity(which is impossible) they'd be toast.

Although i have to say the single most important feature on my BB is INSTANT PUSH EMAIL. :lol: :lol: Id be nothing without it. :lol:
el Padrino
Phd
Phd

Postby el Padrino » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:16 pm

Big reveal was today. Tons tons tons of hardware. I dont even know which one i want. :lol: :lol:
7Pro

Here's AT&T's lineup.

Tmobile gets the HD7 above and the Dell Venue Pro...which is probably the one im leaning on.

I wouldnt mind a smaller phone tho.
el Padrino
Phd
Phd

Postby lyricalghv6.0 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:48 pm

bill gates fanboy
lyricalghv6.0
Coach
Coach

Postby el Padrino » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:03 pm

lyricalghv6.0 wrote:bill gates fanboy
:P

Did you hear that Dell is replacing 25000 BBs with Windows Phones :shock:

Its gonna start a trend. BB is in so much trouble. Instead of innovating, they being out this "Playbook" nonsense. :oops:

Btw, just head to a Tmobile store and play with an HD7 and lemme know what u think.
el Padrino
Phd
Phd

Postby BiGxGh.Com™ » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:31 pm

el Padrino wrote:
lyricalghv6.0 wrote:bill gates fanboy
:P

Did you hear that Dell is replacing 25000 BBs with Windows Phones :shock:

Its gonna start a trend. BB is in so much trouble. Instead of innovating, they being out this "Playbook" nonsense. :oops:

Btw, just head to a Tmobile store and play with an HD7 and lemme know what u think.
Are you serious?! i hate EVERYTHING WINDOWS but XP :lol: :lol: ...i'll be pissed off if they monopolize the cell industry .... windows is very unreliable for us regular uses but their enterprise is awesome.... but still i hate them....steve jobs got me :wink:
BiGxGh.Com™
BSc
BSc

Postby el Padrino » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:37 pm

Sorry bro...Apple is too closeminded for me. I only bought the iphone after it got jailbroken. When they start treating their customers as smart people instead of dead zombies, then maybe i'll pay attention to them again.

Seriously, check out the windows phone. It might not do everything iphone does but considering this is v1.0 and it has a ton of developers behind it, the possibilities are endless.
el Padrino
Phd
Phd

Postby BiGxGh.Com™ » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:04 pm

el Padrino wrote:Sorry bro...Apple is too closeminded for me. I only bought the iphone after it got jailbroken. When they start treating their customers as smart people instead of dead zombies, then maybe i'll pay attention to them again.

Seriously, check out the windows phone. It might not do everything iphone does but considering this is v1.0 and it has a ton of developers behind it, the possibilities are endless.

HMMM I GOT INITIATED INTO THE APPLE CULT...IM DOOMED FOR RYFE :cry: :cry: THATS A T MOBILE NETWORK, THE WINDOWS JOINT YA TALKING ABOUT?
BiGxGh.Com™
BSc
BSc

Postby el Padrino » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:15 pm

xpress urself wrote:
el Padrino wrote:Sorry bro...Apple is too closeminded for me. I only bought the iphone after it got jailbroken. When they start treating their customers as smart people instead of dead zombies, then maybe i'll pay attention to them again.

HMMM I GOT INITIATED INTO THE APPLE CULT...IM DOOMED FOR RYFE :cry: :cry: THATS A T MOBILE NETWORK, THE WINDOWS JOINT YA TALKING ABOUT?
yeh...but AT&T also has the Samsung Focus, HTC Surround and LG Quantum. I thought u wanted out of the Apple train a while back.
el Padrino
Phd
Phd

Postby BiGxGh.Com™ » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:53 pm

el Padrino wrote:
xpress urself wrote:

yeh...but AT&T also has the Samsung Focus, HTC Surround and LG Quantum. I thought u wanted out of the Apple train a while back.

keyword 'WANTED' lol... chaley i upgraded my BB 9700 to OS 6.. and that just is ridiculous man... makes me wanna get the torch but i've been hearing bad reviews about it man ...ya have any xperience on that joint?!
BiGxGh.Com™
BSc
BSc

Postby el Padrino » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:34 pm

xpress urself wrote:
el Padrino wrote:
xpress urself wrote:

keyword 'WANTED' lol... chaley i upgraded my BB 9700 to OS 6.. and that just is ridiculous man... makes me wanna get the torch but i've been hearing bad reviews about it man ...ya have any xperience on that joint?!
Hows the battery life? I've been meaning to upgrade one of these days but i heard stories abt battery life. I have a Vibrant that barely lasts through the day. I cant afford to have the 9700 crap out on me. Currently it does 2.5 days.
el Padrino
Phd
Phd

Postby BiGxGh.Com™ » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:56 pm

el Padrino wrote:
xpress urself wrote:
el Padrino wrote:
xpress urself wrote:

Hows the battery life? I've been meaning to upgrade one of these days but i heard stories abt battery life. I have a Vibrant that barely lasts through the day. I cant afford to have the 9700 crap out on me. Currently it does 2.5 days.

I just got it on this morning so i dont know about the battery life but as i'm typing this ma bb been dead for like an hour or so lol ... i left my usb at home...currently at work... but i always got iskoot(skype),google voice and pandora on 24/7 so maybe that contributed and when i left home it was at aroud 85% so maybe after a day or two then i can make a judgment oN the battery life... but its sweet overall... only thing theres no desktop manager 6 for mac :cry: :cry: so i've to back it up on the desktop which sucks ....
BiGxGh.Com™
BSc
BSc

Postby Ameys » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:29 am

HTC HD2 The Leo is still my best of all the phones. I run Windows and Android on it alternatively whenever and however I want. You need to get yourself one.
Last edited by Ameys on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ameys
BSc
BSc

Postby el Padrino » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:30 am

Ameys wrote:HTC HD2 The Leo is still my best of all the phones. I ran Windows and Android on it alternatively whenever and however I want. You need to get yourself one.
I'll post a picture when i get home...already got one. :lol:

Honestly though..the only android phone i want to talk about is that Nexus S or the Mytouch 4G
el Padrino
Phd
Phd

Postby Imprivata » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:17 am

i had the HTC HD7 for a week, i am returning it. Windows better step up their game
Imprivata
BSc
BSc

Postby el Padrino » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:32 am

I've had the same phone since november. What dont u like about it?
el Padrino
Phd
Phd

Postby Imprivata » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:50 am

the battery life is horrible, syncing with Zune instead of normal drivers to the memory, have to delete individual messages, no custom ringtones.

the no custom ringtone turned me off big time, the Cam is not that great. I am waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S II.

I am sure with time they will improve on for it but for now it's lacking compared to whats on the market.
Imprivata
BSc
BSc

Next

Return to Ghana Geeks