Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

The degradation of the AKAN Religion (Pics)

All about God and Gods

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

Postby Q' lypse » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:14 pm

O-prime wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:
O-prime wrote:In fact, there are a number of kings prior to Osei Tutu in the Kumasi region (cant remember the name of the city that was the seat of power before it was transferred to Kumasi) that also practiced matrilineal ascension....will shoot you the names later.

Could this be the Kumawu-Kumasi saga?

cheeeii late reply be this..
I believe it was Kokofu, but enlighten me bro.
It had something to do with a tree that was planted. The one that lived was stolen and taken to a certain location and that place is now called Kumasi and the other place where the tree grew an died but was stolen and swopped is now called Kumawu (the death of the Kuma tree or something like that).. my memory is vague..
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby Kwacool21 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:43 am

Very interesting thesis by Kwasi Bempong, I wish I knew the man because if i did I would advise him to turn this thesis into a book if he hasn't all ready. The most fascinating thing in his thesis was the section on the creation of new gods in the 20th century. From what I'm gathering the young priests were more flamboyant and charismatic incorporating charms, magic, and execution etc. The art of spiritual healing got lost....

Today in Ghana it seems like every man around the corner is a "prophet". Pastors are pimping there congregation daily, biblical verses are being butchered by the novitiates. People will begin to wake up and yearn for more, hopefully they'll search within.
Kwacool21
Johnny Just Come
Johnny Just Come

Postby O-prime » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:28 am

Q' lypse wrote:
O-prime wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:
O-prime wrote:In fact, there are a number of kings prior to Osei Tutu in the Kumasi region (cant remember the name of the city that was the seat of power before it was transferred to Kumasi) that also practiced matrilineal ascension....will shoot you the names later.

Could this be the Kumawu-Kumasi saga?

cheeeii late reply be this..
I believe it was Kokofu, but enlighten me bro.
It had something to do with a tree that was planted. The one that lived was stolen and taken to a certain location and that place is now called Kumasi and the other place where the tree grew an died but was stolen and swopped is now called Kumawu (the death of the Kuma tree or something like that).. my memory is vague..

Ahh, i see. Interesting. May have to do some digging on this one.
O-prime
SSS
SSS

Postby O-prime » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:28 am

Kwacool21 wrote:Very interesting thesis by Kwasi Bempong, I wish I knew the man because if i did I would advise him to turn this thesis into a book if he hasn't all ready. The most fascinating thing in his thesis was the section on the creation of new gods in the 20th century. From what I'm gathering the young priests were more flamboyant and charismatic incorporating charms, magic, and execution etc. The art of spiritual healing got lost....

Today in Ghana it seems like every man around the corner is a "prophet". Pastors are pimping there congregation daily, biblical verses are being butchered by the novitiates. People will begin to wake up and yearn for more, hopefully they'll search within.

8)
O-prime
SSS
SSS

Previous

Return to Osofo Joint (religion)