Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

World Cup 2014 - Ghana Should make use of a Ghanaian coach

Talk about the latest matches, your club, etc

Moderators: deciiva, kebashorificatious

World Cup 2014 - Ghana Should make use of a Ghanaian coach

Postby HANNI_X » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:21 am

First of all my apologies for making fun of Ghanaians. Even though I'm an Angolan fan, I still have some love for Ghana in a tiny part of my heart. So I'm sorry for the loss, just move on.

Now, my reasons for wanting a Ghanaian coach has nothing to do with RACE. First of all every country that has ever won the World Cup did so with their own coaches.

Secondly, Ghanaian coaches, despite their maltreatment have won almost all the laurels for the country. They have done far better than their foreign counterparts. If Ghana had maintained a Ghanaian coach, I daresay the country would have reached the FINALS of the World Cup. In addition Ghana would have won at least 8African Cup of Nations and an gold at the Olympic Games.

Give a Ghanaian coach a good chance for once and see what happens. You'll all be proud to be Ghanains.
HANNI_X
BSc
BSc

Postby Kofi Jolof » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:28 am

Milovan would be leaving the situation better than he found it. If/when he leaves that matters most. I'd like to see Desailly got a shot at coaching a youth side first. I don't like how he doesn't have any coaching experience. He has to pay some dues, and being in a studio doesn't count as dues in my opinion.
Kofi Jolof
MSc
MSc

Postby Mayobo » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:30 am

I would rather not change anything about the current team ... I think it can only be good for Ghana if we retain this coach to continue the team building process for the next 4 years.
Mayobo
BSc
BSc

Re: World Cup 2014 - Ghana Should make use of a Ghanaian coa

Postby NaMrecco$ » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:32 am

HANNI_X wrote:First of all my apologies for making fun of Ghanaians. Even though I'm an Angolan fan, I still have some love for Ghana in a tiny part of my heart. So I'm sorry for the loss, just move on.

Now, my reasons for wanting a Ghanaian coach has nothing to do with RACE. First of all every country that has ever won the World Cup did so with their own coaches.

Secondly, Ghanaian coaches, despite their maltreatment have won almost all the laurels for the country. They have done far better than their foreign counterparts. If Ghana had maintained a Ghanaian coach, I daresay the country would have reached the FINALS of the World Cup. In addition Ghana would have won at least 8African Cup of Nations and an gold at the Olympic Games.

Give a Ghanaian coach a good chance for once and see what happens. You'll all be proud to be Ghanains.
styupid baboon.. two foreign coaches have taken us to the Wrld cup. so STFU... the better coach should get the job.. we dont care where he comes from... worry about your country
NaMrecco$
Professor
Professor

Postby HANNI_X » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:37 am

$occerMan wrote:
HANNI_X wrote:First of all my apologies for making fun of Ghanaians. Even though I'm an Angolan fan, I still have some love for Ghana in a tiny part of my heart. So I'm sorry for the loss, just move on.

styupid baboon.. two foreign coaches have taken us to the Wrld cup. so STFU... the better coach should get the job.. we dont care where he comes from... worry about your country

You can take foreign coaches to the World Cup for the next 20 years and you will not get past the quarter-final stage.

A Ghanaian coach can win the World Cup. Just give him half of what Milo makes.
HANNI_X
BSc
BSc

Postby alancus » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:10 am

Mayobo wrote:I would rather not change anything about the current team ... I think it can only be good for Ghana if we retain this coach to continue the team building process for the next 4 years.

Even England kept Capello
alancus
BSc
BSc

Postby HANNI_X » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:29 am

alancus wrote:
Mayobo wrote:I would rather not change anything about the current team ... I think it can only be good for Ghana if we retain this coach to continue the team building process for the next 4 years.

Even England kept Capello

And England won nothing.

Milo will not stay.
HANNI_X
BSc
BSc

Postby jinx » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:47 am

I really hope Milo wants to continue because we should definitely keep him. The lack of continuity at coaching level has hampered our growth. After our last world cup people expected us to go from strength to strength, hopefully win an ANC and arrive at the world cup a true African super power, ready to challenge the best. Things didn't go that smoothly. We manage to scrape through tough situations to get to the quarters, but we had the potential to have laid an even better foundation.

We need to give Milo the support to continue this build-up process because we are heading in the right direction. People are talking about how Ghana plays as a team with tactical awarness, which is new for us. That's why we need Milo to stay, instead of bringing in a new person to start afresh. We don't want to be the youngest team again at the next world cup (like 4 yrs ago too), but rather grow into an experienced side ready to challenge for the trophy itself.
jinx
BSc
BSc

Postby HANNI_X » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:12 am

Milo may not stay. Ghana is a stepping stone.
HANNI_X
BSc
BSc

Postby M Stax » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:14 am

jinx wrote:I really hope Milo wants to continue because we should definitely keep him. The lack of continuity at coaching level has hampered our growth. After our last world cup people expected us to go from strength to strength, hopefully win an ANC and arrive at the world cup a true African super power, ready to challenge the best. Things didn't go that smoothly. We manage to scrape through tough situations to get to the quarters, but we had the potential to have laid an even better foundation.

We need to give Milo the support to continue this build-up process because we are heading in the right direction. People are talking about how Ghana plays as a team with tactical awarness, which is new for us. That's why we need Milo to stay, instead of bringing in a new person to start afresh. We don't want to be the youngest team again at the next world cup (like 4 yrs ago too), but rather grow into an experienced side ready to challenge for the trophy itself.

kpom @ highlighted section!!!
M Stax
BSc
BSc

Postby HANNI_X » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:20 am

Milo will seek greener pastures. He has finished raping Ghana.
HANNI_X
BSc
BSc

Postby Mid 20s » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:50 am

lol @ people still making this silly and baseless argument
Mid 20s
BSc
BSc

Postby lethargy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:32 am

My 2 cents. If Milo doesn't want to stay, the job should go to his assistant who is Ghanaian....the style of play must be maintained and improved..from what we have learned, if a Ghanaian coach is in charge he must be given the freedom to work...that is my worry; they wouldn't give a local coach the necessary freedom to be in charge.
lethargy
BSc
BSc

Postby HANNI_X » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:14 pm

lethargy wrote:My 2 cents. If Milo doesn't want to stay, the job should go to his assistant who is Ghanaian....the style of play must be maintained and improved..from what we have learned, if a Ghanaian coach is in charge he must be given the freedom to work...that is my worry; they wouldn't give a local coach the necessary freedom to be in charge.

You are one of the very few smart people here.
HANNI_X
BSc
BSc

Postby Underground_Serbia » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:16 pm

I hope Milo will be coach of Serbia, atleast for 2014 WC :)
Underground_Serbia
JSS
JSS

Postby FIO » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:03 pm

HANNI_X wrote:
lethargy wrote:My 2 cents. If Milo doesn't want to stay, the job should go to his assistant who is Ghanaian....the style of play must be maintained and improved..from what we have learned, if a Ghanaian coach is in charge he must be given the freedom to work...that is my worry; they wouldn't give a local coach the necessary freedom to be in charge.

You are one of the very few smart people here.

Have you finished worrying about the Angolan foreign coach?.... By your own logic you are a foreigner too, why should Ghanaians share your opinion.. Dude, you are not even from W. Africa :P :P
Last edited by FIO on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FIO
BSc
BSc

Postby flaccky » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:07 pm

Ugly Ape STU with your racist call. You ape racist! Go back to where you belong.
flaccky
SSS
SSS

Return to Football