Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Watch out for these Ghanaian youngsters in Italy

Talk about the latest matches, your club, etc

Moderators: deciiva, kebashorificatious

Watch out for these Ghanaian youngsters in Italy

Postby jinx » Sun May 16, 2010 8:51 pm

I have to say I have been impressed with the pleasantly surprising development of some of our youngsters in Italy. These guys popped onto the scene on their own without going through our youth systems.

For today, Richmond Boakye came on in the 51st minute for Genoa in their 1:0 loss. His compatriot Isaac Cofie was on the bench; he already made his debut a few weeks back. Daniel Kofi Agyei came on in the 48th minute for Forientina. Kudos to them considering they are still within the U20 range. Considering even Adiyiah can't make the bench at AC Milan these kids need to be commended.

There's also Afriyie Acquah who was signed by Palermo, and Edmund Hottow now with AC Milan. All these guys are eligible for our next U20 team for 2011. I hope the authorities are aware of them, and monitor them so that we can them in action with the U20 team. We should hopefully have a formidable U20 team, which should include the likes of Jordan Ayew (Marseille), Emmanuel Frimpong (Arsenal), Bright Addae (going to Parma), Mahatma Otoo, Torric Jibril, etc.
jinx
BSc
BSc

Postby Tampax » Sun May 16, 2010 8:53 pm

i hope we will one day be as enthusiastic about our young scientist & economist :wink:
Tampax
BSc
BSc

Postby kwamedealer » Sun May 16, 2010 9:20 pm

I've been monitoring these youngsters myself. They've done pretty well. The future can only get better for Ghana.
kwamedealer
SSS
SSS

Postby Ohemaa___ » Sun May 16, 2010 9:38 pm

They can be invited to play if it will not be based strictly upon how much bribe the Coaches will be collecting from them.
Ohemaa___
BSc
BSc

Postby Turbo Turbulance » Sun May 16, 2010 10:12 pm

Ohemaa___ wrote:They can be invited to play if it will not be based strictly upon how much bribe the Coaches will be collecting from them.

You should tone down on this bribery nonsense if you're not bold enough to provide proof.

Makes you sound like a "coward" hiding behind his/her mother's achacha bed under throwing kpekple and apapransa at people when they fall asleep. :lol:
Turbo Turbulance
Phd
Phd

Postby Striker » Sun May 16, 2010 10:22 pm

italy is the breeding ground for the next wave of ghana stars.

afriyie acquah at palermo na real midfield general. he was actually called up for the 2009 starlets before he left for italy. he's a starter with palermo primavera and hopefully make it to the serie a squad within the next couple of seasons.

boakye yiadom is even more highly rated than isaac cofie at genoa. both were stars of their primavera winning squad last season and should see more consistent playing time next season.

hottor is coming along slowly at ac milan. should get more playing time in the prima next season. adiyiah was just not favored by leonardo. with leanardo's departure, he should get an opportunity to compete for playing time.

don't forget rabiu mohammed who is a mainstay for sampdoria reserves. i am concerned about him cos he is at an age and stage in his career that he needs to make the leap to the main team or he'll get stuck down there.

fyi emmanuel frimpong is not eligible for the satellites - he has already represented england at under 16 level.
Striker
MSc
MSc

Postby jinx » Sun May 16, 2010 11:56 pm

Striker wrote:italy is the breeding ground for the next wave of ghana stars.

afriyie acquah at palermo na real midfield general. he was actually called up for the 2009 starlets before he left for italy. he's a starter with palermo primavera and hopefully make it to the serie a squad within the next couple of seasons.

boakye yiadom is even more highly rated than isaac cofie at genoa. both were stars of their primavera winning squad last season and should see more consistent playing time next season.

hottor is coming along slowly at ac milan. should get more playing time in the prima next season. adiyiah was just not favored by leonardo. with leanardo's departure, he should get an opportunity to compete for playing time.

don't forget rabiu mohammed who is a mainstay for sampdoria reserves. i am concerned about him cos he is at an age and stage in his career that he needs to make the leap to the main team or he'll get stuck down there.

fyi emmanuel frimpong is not eligible for the satellites - he has already represented england at under 16 level.

I only saw clips of Richmon Boakye Yiadom when he made his debut for Genoa and scored and I have to say I was really impressed with his poise, considering he is only 17. It might be interesting to see him strike a partnership with Jordan Ayew in attack for the next Satellites.

So what's the official rule on player switches, is it that you can't play for the youth team of another nation after having represented the other. I haven't specifically seen anything in writing. Either way Emmanuel Frimpong has declared his intentions of playing for Ghana so eventually he might become available to the senior team if he continues to develop at Arsenal.

Adiyiah should sit down early with the new AC Milan coach to decide his future. He should seek a loan move to another serie A side unless he is guaranteed more first team action.

Rabiu is quite talented but so far has not had smooth club career. We didn't hear much about him in Spain and since moving back to Italy, I am yet to even see him make the bench for Sampdoria, at a time when some of these other unknown youngsters have already made their debuts. He needs to sort out his future with Udinese (who should still own him). Either he goes back to Udine to fight for a place or parts ways with them for a smaller club. I don't want his talent to go to waste.

It will be good see all these kids develop well in Serie A. I am curious to see Bright Addae and how he does at Parma, when he starts there in the summer. He's got the size and potential for central defense.
jinx
BSc
BSc

Re: Watch out for these Ghanaian youngsters in Italy

Postby Too $hort » Mon May 17, 2010 12:05 am

jinx wrote:I have to say I have been impressed with the pleasantly surprising development of some of our youngsters in Italy. These guys popped onto the scene on their own without going through our youth systems.

For today, Richmond Boakye came on in the 51st minute for Genoa in their 1:0 loss. His compatriot Isaac Cofie was on the bench; he already made his debut a few weeks back. Daniel Kofi Agyei came on in the 48th minute for Forientina. Kudos to them considering they are still within the U20 range. Considering even Adiyiah can't make the bench at AC Milan these kids need to be commended.

There's also Afriyie Acquah who was signed by Palermo, and Edmund Hottow now with AC Milan. All these guys are eligible for our next U20 team for 2011. I hope the authorities are aware of them, and monitor them so that we can them in action with the U20 team. We should hopefully have a formidable U20 team, which should include the likes of Jordan Ayew (Marseille), Emmanuel Frimpong (Arsenal), Bright Addae (going to Parma), Mahatma Otoo, Torric Jibril, etc.

Brother you know that our Under 20 will be filled with guys who are local players and overaged...... They will be players who are managed by the GFA executives and the Under 20 and Black Stars foreign coaches....

Did I mention that they will be overaged?????
Too $hort
BSc
BSc

Re: Watch out for these Ghanaian youngsters in Italy

Postby British Man » Mon May 17, 2010 1:17 am

jinx wrote:I have to say I have been impressed with the pleasantly surprising development of some of our youngsters in Italy. These guys popped onto the scene on their own without going through our youth systems.

Maxwell Acosty - Fiorentina ---Doing very well there too!
British Man
SSS
SSS

Postby VRMAN » Mon May 17, 2010 2:11 am

*Turbulance wrote:
Ohemaa___ wrote:They can be invited to play if it will not be based strictly upon how much bribe the Coaches will be collecting from them.

You should tone down on this bribery nonsense if you're not bold enough to provide proof.

Makes you sound like a "coward" hiding behind his/her mother's achacha bed under throwing kpekple and apapransa at people when they fall asleep. :lol:

Turbulance, the real problem is employees at GFA/Sports Ministry could become "Players Agents".
Until a law is set in place to BAR them from that "Players Agents" business, people will rightfully assume money is changing hands for selection of players!!!
VRMAN
BSc
BSc

Postby Jim » Mon May 17, 2010 2:39 am

Fifa begins age-cheat tests
Posted: 2010-05-16 17:12

South African footballing authorities will be pleased to hear that Fifa has begun tests that may ultimately end age-cheating in youth tournaments.

Fran Hilton-Smith recently disclosed that Safa had lost a protest with the World football governing body following a 5-0 loss to Nigeria’s girls’ Under-17 team in their homeland.

Bantwana officials said they had recognised some of the Nigerian girls as having played in matches at Under-20 or Under-23 level.

Now Fifa has begun a study on whether Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) tests can help determine the age of players in youth womens football.

Fifa expert Dr Yacine Zerguini of Algeria who is currently in Tanzania to execute one of the exercises in collaboration with the Tanzania Football Medical Committee, said in Dar es Salaam at the weekend that the research seeks to crack down on ‘age cheats’ in women’s football.

“The problem of age cheating in Under-17 and Under-20 tournaments is widely reported, this is why we have to think of solutions. This research project which is being carried in five continents aims to determine age of players in youth women football.”

“MRI of the wrist is a simple, reliable, valid and non-invasive method of age determination in young male football players, and now Fifa wants to find out if the technique can be used in women football,” he said.

Zerguini explained on how the study has been conducted saying: “We’re carrying MRI scans of players wrists and by measuring the fusion of bones will be able to determine whether they are actually under 17.”

He said the fusion of bones normally takes place for people who are above 17 years, which means if the fusion of bones has already taken place in the player's wrist, she must have passed that age.

Zerguini, who was accompanied by Dr Sylvester Faya, the chairman of TFF Medical Committee, said Tanzania was selected to represent the Africa continent in the study in which 130 players will be involved from each of the five countries.

Brazil was selected from South America, Canada for North America, Thailand for Asia, while Belgium represents Europe.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/15424/fifa- ... -tests.php
Jim
BSc
BSc

Postby Ekow » Mon May 17, 2010 5:53 am

Hmmm Abeiku Quansah and Kofi Adu need to leave France and somehow find their way to Italy.
Ekow
Guru
Guru

Postby Too $hort » Mon May 17, 2010 9:42 am

Ekow wrote:

Hmmm Abeiku Quansah and Kofi Adu need to leave France and somehow find their way to Italy.

you think quansah can play in Italy ... Kai
Too $hort
BSc
BSc

Postby kebashorificatious » Mon May 17, 2010 9:59 am

Edmund Etse Hottor - 17 - AC Milan
Dominic Adiyiah - 20 - AC Milan

Rabiu Mohammed - 20 - Sampdoria

Isaac Cofie - 19 - Genoa
Richmond Yiadom Boakye - 17 - Genoa

Acquah Afriyie - 17 - Palermo

Daniel Kofi Agyei - 18 - Fiorentina

looks like the Italian football immigration laws has nothing against youngsters from Africa playing in reserve/youth leagues
kebashorificatious

Postby kebashorificatious » Mon May 17, 2010 10:01 am

Ekow wrote:Hmmm Abeiku Quansah and Kofi Adu need to leave France and somehow find their way to Italy.

John Boye also needs to move out.
kebashorificatious

Postby Meba » Mon May 17, 2010 7:12 pm

Tampax wrote:i hope we will one day be as enthusiastic about our young scientist & economist :wink:

Kwasias3m, if you want to hear about economics, go to an economics forum. This is the subject forum so take your nonsense and booklong away!!!!!!!!!!Tosser!!!!!!!!!!
Meba
SSS
SSS

Postby B DIDDY » Mon May 17, 2010 7:25 pm

Meba wrote:
Tampax wrote:i hope we will one day be as enthusiastic about our young scientist & economist :wink:

Kwasias3m, if you want to hear about economics, go to an economics forum. This is the subject forum so take your nonsense and booklong away!!!!!!!!!!Tosser!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: O GW how i love thee :lol: :lol:
B DIDDY
Phd
Phd

Postby Ekow » Mon May 17, 2010 11:18 pm

The Abstract wrote:
Ekow wrote:

you think quansah can play in Italy ... Kai

Why not?
Abeiku Feindouno Quansah can SURVIVE in Italy
Ekow
Guru
Guru

Postby Ekow » Mon May 17, 2010 11:20 pm

kebacholitificatious wrote:
Ekow wrote:Hmmm Abeiku Quansah and Kofi Adu need to leave France and somehow find their way to Italy.

John Boye also needs to move out.

Boye is CHAMPION ATTA for the French Reserve League.
From playing in a World Cup Qualifier paaa to French Reserve League?
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaba
Ekow
Guru
Guru

Postby KD » Mon May 17, 2010 11:54 pm

B DIDDY wrote:
Meba wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: O GW how i love thee :lol: :lol:

I was wondering who would respond to that post :lol: :lol: :lol:
KD
Phd
Phd

Next

Return to Football