Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Scientists find whale skeleton in the Sahara

All about God and Gods

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

Scientists find whale skeleton in the Sahara

Postby OPIAMENSA » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:56 pm

Scientists have found a 50-foot-long skeleton of an ancient whale in a desert valley in Egypt known as Valley of the Whales. Hundreds of fossil whale skeletons were also found there, along with bones of sharks, other fish and human tools such as carved bone harpoons.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories ... whales.htm

Now this means that either christians are daft and cannot ask Yahweh the hard questions or Yahweh is a liar and must be kicked to the curb together with his bible.

The bible says that on the third day Yahweh said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. Gen 1 9-10

Two days later, on the fifth day Yahweh created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. Gen 1:21

Now here are some questions.
1. Was the Sahara covered with water at one time? Maybe because the bible says so. Gen 1:9.
2. Why are there whale bones in the desert if Yahweh created them 2 days later after separating the land and seas? I need a Christian answer.
3. Did the whales walk 150 kilometres into the desert to die? I need an intelligent christian answer from frank boat or kojo or any other christian fanatic.
4. What about all the fish bones and the harpoon? Please help before I drown in this fake document called the bible.
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS

Re: Scientists find whale skeleton in the Sahara

Postby Janet » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:06 am

OPIAMENSA wrote:Scientists have found a 50-foot-long skeleton of an ancient whale in a desert valley in Egypt known as Valley of the Whales. Hundreds of fossil whale skeletons were also found there, along with bones of sharks, other fish and human tools such as carved bone harpoons.

Now this means that either christians are daft and cannot ask Yahweh the hard questions or Yahweh is a liar and must be kicked to the curb together with his bible.

The bible says that on the third day Yahweh said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. Gen 1 9-10

Two days later, on the fifth day Yahweh created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. Gen 1:21

1. Was the Sahara covered with water at one time? Maybe because the bible says so. Gen 1:9.
2. Why are there whale bones in the desert if Yahweh created them 2 days later after separating the land and seas? I need a Christian answer.
3. Did the whales walk 150 kilometres into the desert to die? I need an intelligent christian answer from frank boat or kojo or any other christian fanatic.
4. What about all the fish bones and the harpoon? Please help before I drown in this fake document called the bible.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great article. Isn't it amazing that people refuse to believe in evolution by natural selection?
Janet
BSc
BSc

Postby OPIAMENSA » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:17 am

Janet wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great article. Isn't it amazing that people refuse to believe in evolution by natural selection?

Trust them christians to come up with some interesting explanations. And then again I am not holding my breath.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:26 am

OPIAMENSA wrote:[b]Scientists have found a 50-foot-long skeleton of an ancient whale in a desert valley in Egypt known as Valley of the Whales. Hundreds of fossil whale skeletons were also found there, along with bones of sharks, other fish and human tools such as carved bone harpoons.

[/b]

Hi Opiamensa,
Don't worry,l'm not going to attempt to answer any of ur questions.l have one or two comments though.l couldn't help it :wink: :lol:
You have by this post exposed your lack of knowledge about the science of our planet and the bible.
Any serious Christian who would take you on will have you for breakfast on this one.l mean the questions you asked.
lt is sometimes better to keep quiet on a subject and be thought unwise on the subject matter than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
There used to be a guy on this forum called Pataku.l used to spar with him.He would hv eaten you alive with this post.
l'm not a Christian.l'll leave this to them.
Kwame Nyame
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Q' lypse » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:37 am

knyame64 wrote:
OPIAMENSA wrote:[b]Scientists have found a 50-foot-long skeleton of an ancient whale in a desert valley in Egypt known as Valley of the Whales. Hundreds of fossil whale skeletons were also found there, along with bones of sharks, other fish and human tools such as carved bone harpoons.

[/b]

Hi Opiamensa,
Don't worry,l'm not going to attempt to answer any of ur questions.l have one or two comments though.l couldn't help it :wink: :lol:
You have by this post exposed your lack of knowledge about the science of our planet and the bible.
Any serious Christian who would take you on will have you for breakfast on this one.l mean the questions you asked.
lt is sometimes better to keep quiet on a subject and be thought unwise on the subject matter than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
There used to be a guy on this forum called Pataku.l used to spar with him.He would hv eaten you alive with this post.
l'm not a Christian.l'll leave this to them.
Kwame Nyame

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know why you allowed Pataku to run all over you. You were too soft on the guy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You think the bear could take Opia on? :? . It would be a serious battle I tell you Kwame. Opia is pretty good. Perhaps if he would adjust his questions a bit.

By the way Kwame, what is wrong with his questions?
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:50 am

QLYPSE WROTE,
I don't know why you allowed Pataku to run all over you. You were too soft on the guy.

You think the bear could take Opia on? . It would be a serious battle I tell you Kwame. Opia is pretty good. Perhaps if he would adjust his questions a bit.

By the way Kwame, what is wrong with his questions?

Hi Qlypse,
Why do you think Opia should adjust his questions a bit? :)
The questions are for Christians.l'm not a Christian.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Q' lypse » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:03 am

OPIAMENSA wrote:Scientists have found a 50-foot-long skeleton of an ancient whale in a desert valley in Egypt known as Valley of the Whales. Hundreds of fossil whale skeletons were also found there, along with bones of sharks, other fish and human tools such as carved bone harpoons.

frankboat will not answer your questions. NEVER! The guy hardly posts on people's threads.

Haven't you heard of the question if the Sahara desert is a sea bed or something like that? From my metaphysical sources, the desert areas were once lush with vegetation, rivers and full of life tens of thousands of years ago.

The Earth's poles have shifted several times. One known to us is the ice age. As time passes scientists will continue to find remnants of old civilizations (1000s of old). These will be the start of rigid religions diminishing because the so called we have 'the truth' won't be so convincing anymore.

Recently the Vatican said, Aliens are God's creations too. I knew what the catch was. They've always known about ufos, just announcing to the catholics around the world not to be shocked when the inevitable happens. The manifestation of these beings. Which I 'believe' will be soon.
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby OPIAMENSA » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:38 pm

knyame64 wrote:Hi Opiamensa, ..... You have by this post exposed your lack of knowledge about the science of our planet and the bible....

Kwame: I have not laid claim to having superior scientific or religious knowledge. However, it is interesting to see you draw a convergence between the bible and science.
knyame64 wrote:Any serious Christian who would take you on will have you for breakfast on this one.l mean the questions you asked.

I look forward to the christian who wants to eat my breakfast or have me for lunch.
knyame64 wrote:lt is sometimes better to keep quiet on a subject and be thought unwise on the subject matter than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Au contraire, Kwame, it is better to expose ones ignorance and make adjustments/corrections based upon available knowledge.
knyame64 wrote:There used to be a guy on this forum called Pataku.l used to spar with him.He would hv eaten you alive with this post.

Is this the same Pataku who Ampadu (African Brothers Band) sang about? If it is then he may not be all that clever.
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS

Postby Moi » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:32 pm

Interesting questions. Could the bones and harpoons be a result of this?

Genesis 7: 17-24

17 For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth.
18 The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water.
19 They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered.
20 The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than twenty feet.
21 Every living thing that moved on the earth perished—birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind.
22 Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died.
23 Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark.
24 The waters flooded the earth for a hundred and fifty days.

Based on the above, one can assume any form of the marine life around the Mediterranean Sea (well known for sperm whales) could be found in the Sahara. The Egyptian desert has been known to have whale bones.
Moi
BSc
BSc

Postby OPIAMENSA » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:50 pm

Moi wrote:Could the bones and harpoons be a result of this?

17 For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth.
18 The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water.
19 They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered.
20 The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than twenty feet.
21 Every living thing that moved on the earth perished—birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind.
23 Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark.

Based on the above, one can assume any form of the marine life around the Mediterranean Sea (well known for sperm whales) could be found in the Sahara. The Egyptian desert has been known to have whale bones.

Hey Toi:

The answer to your question is NO!

According to biblical evidence the earth cannot be more than 10,000 years old. Thus, the floods referred to in Genesis occurred less than 10,000 years ago. According the archaelogists, these whales died over 40 million years ago. My money is on the archaelogists who discovered and dated the site.

Not only does this create a whole new puzzle for Yahweh apologists (like the frankboats) to sort through, it also discredits the authenticity of Yahweh's creation myth.

Thanks for your question!!
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS

Postby Peru » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:07 pm

OPIAMENSA wrote:

Hey Toi:

According to biblical evidence the earth cannot be more than 10,000 years old. Thus, the floods referred to in Genesis occurred less than 10,000 years ago. According the archaelogists, these whales died over 40 million years ago. My money is on the archaelogists who discovered and dated the site.

Not only does this create a whole new puzzle for Yahweh apologists (like the frankboats) to sort through, it also discredits the authenticity of Yahweh's creation myth.

The world is billions of years old and Noah's flood was not global as popularly preached.
Peru
JSS
JSS

Postby Mantash » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:01 am

Peru wrote:
OPIAMENSA wrote:

Hey Toi:

The world is billions of years old and Noah's flood was not global as popularly preached.

Please elaborate
Mantash
BSc
BSc

Postby Mantash » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:08 am

OPIAMENSA wrote:

Hey Toi:

Mensa there is a Biblical Gap Theory relating to the age of the Earth google it, sometime.
Essentially there are clues in Genesis and elsewhere hinting that man was not the first on Earth.
Mantash
BSc
BSc

Return to Osofo Joint (religion)