Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: The Word of God in the Wilderness

All about God and Gods

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: The Word of God in the Wilderness

Postby Cyber Saint » Mon May 25, 2009 1:51 am

Annas and Caiaphas being priests, and the word of God came unto John ... in the wilderness. Luke 3:2

Many people feel that the wilderness is a dry place: no God, no gospel, no grace, only devils, difficulties and dryness. But no. The wilderness was where John was when the word of God came tohim. In the wilderness, the word which even the high priests, Annas and Caiaphas, could not receive, even in the temple, was received by John, in the wilderness. Not to the temple was the word sent, but to the wilderness where John was; not to the high priests and the chief priests but to the lowly prophet John. They had the titles, but he had the message. They had the big names and positions, he had the Lord. The title or the status does not make the message.

LESSON: Are you passing through the wilderness meanwhile? Do not give up. The Lord may be about to speak to you and to give you a message which even those you think are your 'betters' will never get; a message which even kings in their palaces and famous priest in their temples do not qualify to receive. A message fit only for those who have learnt the wilderness route of God. Amen

~From the Preacher's Desk~
Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

Postby Q' lypse » Mon May 25, 2009 9:07 pm

The last time I heard the lord talking to me or heard voices, my psychiatrist gave me ECT (Electroconvulsive Therapy). He fried my brains well well.

When I woke up I converted to Islam like in no time,

I said this time I was hearing Quranic teachings. I still have another ECT scheduled for next month...

Be careful of the wilderness.... I've been there.... take it from me
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby quophi aletse » Mon May 25, 2009 9:15 pm

waa look :lol: :lol: :lol:
Q paa..... :lol:
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter

Postby Q' lypse » Tue May 26, 2009 3:38 pm

quophi aletse wrote:waa look :lol: :lol: :lol:
Q paa..... :lol:

Ah na Kofi what do u want me to say? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: Where Lieth Greatness?

Postby Cyber Saint » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:32 am

Greatness is not in doing the 'great things' by which others have become great. Greatness is faithfulness to that which God has asked one to do, whether or not it is one of the 'great things' that have been or are being done by 'great men'.

John the Baptist did not have an Elijah kind of ministry. He never called down fire from heaven, nor was he taken up to heaven in a chariot of fire. Yet John, who had no record of having healed anyone or done any spectacular miracle, was said to be greater than all who had ministered or had been born before him, including Elijah (Matthew 11:11). John's greatness did not come by trying to excute a 'great' ministry with 'great' deeds of the kind of 'mighty men of God' such as Elijah or Moses or Elisha or Samuel. Yet he was greater than them all. He healed no sick, divided no red sea, called down no fire, was extolled by hardly any; rather, they said he had a devil; that he was a strange fellow who dined with nobody. Yet, until his time, he was the greatest that ever lived.

Keep to that which God has put into your hands to excute, whether it be a 'great' ministry like an Elijah's, or a novel and unique one that attracts no attention, and of a kind that has made none 'great' before. That is where your own greatness will lie. God does not measure success by the standards or deeds or involvements men measure greatness by. Therefore, what constitues greatness to men, and which they attach so much importance to, even to the distraction of others rightly involved in their own given great assignments, might not be greatness after all. Some greatness, like John's might neither make nor receive any publicity, yet it would be greater that what, to others may be termed real greatness.

Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

Re: SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: Where Lieth Greatness?

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:56 am

Cyber Saint wrote:Greatness is not in doing the 'great things' by which others have become great. Greatness is faithfulness to that which God has asked one to do, whether or not it is one of the 'great things' that have been or are being done by 'great men'.

John the Baptist did not have an Elijah kind of ministry. He never called down fire from heaven, nor was he taken up to heaven in a chariot of fire. Yet John, who had no record of having healed anyone or done any spectacular miracle, was said to be greater than all who had ministered or had been born before him, including Elijah (Matthew 11:11). John's greatness did not come by trying to excute a 'great' ministry with 'great' deeds of the kind of 'mighty men of God' such as Elijah or Moses or Elisha or Samuel. Yet he was greater than them all. He healed no sick, divided no red sea, called down no fire, was extolled by hardly any; rather, they said he had a devil; that he was a strange fellow who dined with nobody. Yet, until his time, he was the greatest that ever lived.

Keep to that which God has put into your hands to excute, whether it be a 'great' ministry like an Elijah's, or a novel and unique one that attracts no attention, and of a kind that has made none 'great' before. That is where your own greatness will lie. God does not measure success by the standards or deeds or involvements men measure greatness by. Therefore, what constitues greatness to men, and which they attach so much importance to, even to the distraction of others rightly involved in their own given great assignments, might not be greatness after all. Some greatness, like John's might neither make nor receive any publicity, yet it would be greater that what, to others may be termed real greatness.

[b]~From the Preacher's Desk~
[/b]

Hm!l like this post.l like the general theme here.Good in my view.
Kwame Nyame
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: Your Deposit for Greatness

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:06 pm

In everybody God has deposited a token by which that person should be prospered.

In Joseph, that deposit was the gift of dreams and the ability to interpret them. That treasure, ironically, accounted for what seemed to be the begining of his troubles. Eventually, however, that was the gift which placed him where he was meant to be, as the Prime Minister of Egypt, next to Pharaoh the king, far above those who had hated and sold him out in their malice against the same gift. So the key to your greatness might sometimes chart your course through crises, before it brings you to the shore of your glory.

In Rahab the harlot of Jericoh, that deposit-the key to her greatness-was her hospitality. As a harlot, that key was perverted, but it was there. Perverted, it charted her course into vanity. But one day she met men who noticed her virture, and would not, like the other men, take advantage of it to abuse her. They were men of Israel; men who knew Jehovah. It was her kindness and hosiptality to those that not only saved her life and that of her father's entire household but also delivered her from her initial perversion as well as made her a honorable mother, one of the only three women ancestors of Jesus mentioned by name in the scripture (Matt. 1:5). So she got engrafted into the messianic lineage even though she (like Ruth the Moabite girl, one of the two) was a Gentile. Rahab became the mother of Boaz who married Ruth, Boaz and Ruth became the parents of Obed the grandfather of king David, the man after God's heart (Ruth 4:16-22; Matt. 1:5).

In Samson, the deposit for greatness was his strength. He abused it in a way, though, for he was so strong that he took little precautions against his enemies from Philistia, one of whom, Delilah, eventually ruined him. Still his strength was the source of his greatness-and his fall.

Rebecca's deposit-gift, by which she became Issac's wife and Abraham's daughter-in-law, was her beauty. That was the first attraction in her, before her character later complimented her good looks and won her the place.
"And the damsel was very fair to look upon...." Gen. 24:16.

In David, it was the ability to play the harp, so that when the whole nation wanted a man who should minister to the sick king, his gift spoke for him, and he became that man. Thus began his entrance into the palace as well as his orientation as the future king of Isreal. His key into that glory were his skilled fingers on the harp, and a heart after God. Little did he realize when he began to learn to play the harp that he had begun to climb his ladder to the throne. Had he refused to the rigours of learning to play the harp, he would, unawares, have shut against himself his unique door into greatness.

Apostle Peter's own door into destiny was his trade as a fisherman. It was in the course of one of his fishing expeditions that he encountered (or was encountered by) the Master, and became a great vessel that he became in God's hand for the salvation of his generation, and ours.

LESSONS
What is that little, apparently insignificant key, which God has programmed into you, to bring you ultimately to greatness? Dont't throw it away in trying to use another's perculiar key to open your own perculiar door. You are programmed to be great (and greatness does not have to mean greatness in terms of the standard by which the world measures greatness). Identify your own key to greatness, and use it properly. Amen.

Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

Re: SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: Your Deposit for Greatness

Postby Q' lypse » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:31 am

Cyber Saint wrote:In everybody God has deposited a token by which that person should be prospered.

In Joseph, that deposit was the gift of dreams and the ability to interpret them. That treasure, ironically, accounted for what seemed to be the begining of his troubles. Eventually, however, that was the gift which placed him where he was meant to be, as the Prime Minister of Egypt, next to Pharaoh the king, far above those who had hated and sold him out in their malice against the same gift. So the key to your greatness might sometimes chart your course through crises, before it brings you to the shore of your glory.

In Rahab the harlot of Jericoh, that deposit-the key to her greatness-was her hospitality. As a harlot, that key was perverted, but it was there. Perverted, it charted her course into vanity. But one day she met men who noticed her virture, and would not, like the other men, take advantage of it to abuse her. They were men of Israel; men who knew Jehovah. It was her kindness and hosiptality to those that not only saved her life and that of her father's entire household but also delivered her from her initial perversion as well as made her a honorable mother, one of the only three women ancestors of Jesus mentioned by name in the scripture (Matt. 1:5). So she got engrafted into the messianic lineage even though she (like Ruth the Moabite girl, one of the two) was a Gentile. Rahab became the mother of Boaz who married Ruth, Boaz and Ruth became the parents of Obed the grandfather of king David, the man after God's heart (Ruth 4:16-22; Matt. 1:5).

In Samson, the deposit for greatness was his strength. He abused it in a way, though, for he was so strong that he took little precautions against his enemies from Philistia, one of whom, Delilah, eventually ruined him. Still his strength was the source of his greatness-and his fall.

Rebecca's deposit-gift, by which she became Issac's wife and Abraham's daughter-in-law, was her beauty. That was the first attraction in her, before her character later complimented her good looks and won her the place.

In David, it was the ability to play the harp, so that when the whole nation wanted a man who should minister to the sick king, his gift spoke for him, and he became that man. Thus began his entrance into the palace as well as his orientation as the future king of Isreal. His key into that glory were his skilled fingers on the harp, and a heart after God. Little did he realize when he began to learn to play the harp that he had begun to climb his ladder to the throne. Had he refused to the rigours of learning to play the harp, he would, unawares, have shut against himself his unique door into greatness.

Apostle Peter's own door into destiny was his trade as a fisherman. It was in the course of one of his fishing expeditions that he encountered (or was encountered by) the Master, and became a great vessel that he became in God's hand for the salvation of his generation, and ours.

LESSONS
What is that little, apparently insignificant key, which God has programmed into you, to bring you ultimately to greatness? Dont't throw it away in trying to use another's perculiar key to open your own perculiar door. You are programmed to be great (and greatness does not have to mean greatness in terms of the standard by which the world measures greatness). Identify your own key to greatness, and use it properly. Amen.

You worship two gods? :shock: :shock:

You worship the god Amen too? Ehi! :?
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

REMAIN RAPTURABLE: Time is at Hand

Postby Cyber Saint » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:12 pm

Yes, I know that today isn't the day for our Sunday Refreshment but the urgency of this message (prophecy?) demands that I share it immediately. I don't think I should wait until Sunday because IT'S TIME!!!

Do we need to be told that the centre "can no longer hold" Prepare and await His coming..for it is very very near! Brothers and sisters, Watch and Pray. And may God bless you as you do that!!

Hi,

the Lord gave me a very important vision. I must inform you of them. Perhaps it is important for you and helpful?

Pastor Joh.W.Matutis, (Berlin / Germany)
www.nnk-berlin.de (English menu)

While praying this morning, God gave me a vision.
He showed me a great, world-wide “mobilization.”

I saw myself strolling along a beach. Suddenly, there sounded a loud boom, which became stronger and more massive. It was not the noise of the sea or of the wind. It was completely still outside. The sea water was as smooth as glass. The deep booming sound which was like the sound of the mountains about to cave in, a banging sound which I had up till now never heard in my whole life, came from the other side of the ocean, from far away. It became so strong and mighty, that the earth began to quake and shake. It sounded like the blasting of a deep bass trumpet. I had never heard this sort and depth of bass sound before now. The whole air vibrated.I holed myself up in the dunes of the embankment, face down, and waited to see what would come out of this natural spectacle.

When the booming refused to stop, and instead became stronger, I saw myself begin to pray in the vision, and to speak with my God. Then I heard a voice saying, “My child, fear not. That is my mobilization call, a signal from the other world. I am calling my people out from all peoples. I myself am shaking the earth and the sea. The sinners and godless will pass away for fear and the fearful expectation of the things which are to come.
Understand, my child, that all these have been initiated by the financial crises. That was just the beginning of ruin. The foundation of today’s society will be so shaken that the people will lose all that they have acquired, and saved up till now.

Every infrastructure and welfare will collapse with time. Life will be very difficult for very many people. The general security will get out of control and there will be a proliferation of crime such that life on earth will be massively threatened. But you, who fear my name will I save from ruin. I am holding my arm of protection over you."

Although not even a silent wind blew, and not even a small wave was seen on the sea, the booming was so mighty, that my heart threatened to stop beating. Then I thought to myself, “I will now also die”. And then the Lord said to me, “My child, do not fear. You are to live and continue to declare my works. Arise, go home and tell your loved ones. Let them know that the coming of my son is very close at hand, at the doorstep. I am setting everything in motion in order to take my people home, and I am now stripping them of everything that is holding them back, or blocking them."

As I stood up to obey God’s voice, starting to make my way home-wards, I saw very many people, lying in the dunes. They had come out from their houses, racing towards the sea to see and experience this extraordinary
natural spectacle. They lay on their faces as if paralysed, exactly as I had lain a few minutes before now. As I passed by them on my way home, despite the continuous distant booming sound, these people called to me saying “you are crazy; you cannot make it home in this situation. It is too dangerous”. They then buried their heads even further in the dunes, because they feared what would happen next. They no longer wanted to hear or know of anything.

And then said the Lord to me: “For you, my children, who fear my name, this is the day of my “mobilization”. For you ,my “sun of salvation” arises, with which I gather my true children, and bring them together.
Go, my son, and tell this everyone you can reach”.

Then I asked the Lord, “What shall I tell them?” “Tell my children, they are no longer to occupy themselves with perishable things, but rather, much more with the immortal, the eternal things. They are to seek me and study my word. They should forgive one another, so long as there is still time, and make peace with one another.

They should stop being envious of , and pointing fingers at one another. They should neither accuse nor suspect one another. Everyone should do what he is supposed to, and can do. Tell them to free themselves of every unnecessary thing, and to stop fighting spasmodically (intermittently) for their rights. From now on, I will ensure your rights, and provide for justice for you. Great changes are about to occur all over the world, in every area of life. Adjust yourselves therefore and be prepared. Nothing is going to be as it has been before now...”

The further I moved from the beach, the less of the booming sound I heard, even though I was of the opinion that the sound had become stronger and even more massive. I felt as if I had been secured in a class case.

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “I will bring my children into safety in my own way. You will see everything I will do in the world, which will experience all the plagues of Egypt, before I withdraw my children unto myself, before Pharaoh releases you forever. My people hold together! Stay with one another, encourage one another. Soon, you would have made it!"

That was the last thing I took with me from this vision.

As I thought about all that I had seen, and what I should do with it, the Lord spoke to me saying, “Spread this revelation I have given you this morning about my “mobilization” overall further to my children, and encourage them to do likewise, for I am at the door (I am coming soon). And tell them, especially my people, that they should be serious about their relationship with me (God), before it is too late....”

Do help me spread this message overall. Send it to your friends and acquaintances. Spread it your churches and house fellowships. Translate it into other languages.

Maranatha! Our Lord comes.

Pastor Joh Matutis

Regards
Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: Your Deposit for Greatness

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:44 pm

In everybody God has deposited a token by which that person should be prospered.

LESSONS

Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: Christ, the Only sure Foundation

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:41 am

Someone, name withheld, asked a very good question - In this world of false Christianity, how do we truly recognize the true Christians? Thank God b'cos this question was fully addressed in the scripture (2nd Timothy 2:19). Here are the salient points in that very verse:

1. The foundation of God has a seal. That seal is the Holy Spirit. Remember, you MUST be born with water - the Word of God (1 Peter 1:23) and the Spirit. Hence, anyone who does not have Holy Spirit cannot be a child of God. It doesn't matter what the individual professes with his/her mouth b'cos the kingdom of God is not in words of mouth only but in Spirit and power. No one can be a child of God and still possesses a contrary spirit. No way!! This is b'cos the Spirit of God is light and there are quite a few things light cannot do. One of them being that light CANNOT exist with darkness. (FYI - we will discuss demonic entangelments later on in these series, so stay tuned).

2. Only God truly knows those who are His children. Remember the Pharisees they win the accolades of people, as true religious men, but Jesus Christ called them "whitened sepulchre" b'cos deep down in their hearts they are full of darkness and evil. No wonder the Bible says, "Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets" (Luke 6: 26).

All in all, let me leave y'all with this pertinent scripture to chew on:

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:10-12.

Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: How Big is your GOD???

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:56 pm

The God we are talking about is the one that proclaimed His name to be "JEHOVAH." I AM THAT I AM. I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE. The YHWH of Israel. He is the God of our fathers. The God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob. The God of Daniel, of Shedrach, Mishach, and Abednego, and my own God.

He has been from time immemorial and has no record of old age or gray hairs. This Jehovah prophesy the destiny of nations and executes judgement against their gods and princes. Concerning chemosh, the god of Moab, this Jehovah sent him into exile (Jer. 48:7). He also sent molech and milcom, the gods of Ammon, into exile (Jer. 49:8). Dagon of the Philistines fell and broke into pieces in His presence.

He does not go into exile, instead, He stands by the side of His people to deliver them. He never bows to any god. Bel and merodach of Babylon were ashamed and confounded. They failed the Chaldeans. He is not like the god, baal and the goddess, asherah who failed people when they were in a contest. In this contest, it was declared, "The God that answers by fire, let him be God." Baal disappointed his people. He was supposed as "musing, gone aside, on a journey, or perhaps asleep" (see 1 Kings 18:27). The living God answers by fire and the people had no option than to proclaim, "The LORD, He is God." He is not God because the people proclaimed Him to be. He has been God before all things ever existed.

So how big is your God? Does your God go into exile, especially when you are in problem? Does he forsake you and go on a journey, or go to sleep when he is supposed to prove his power?? The God of Jacob is not that way. I have trusted this God through His Son, Jesus Christ, and have found Him faithful. He never fails. He always stands behind His Words to perform it.

FYI - I preached a message from this article that says, "The God that answereth by fire, let Him be God."

Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: Effectual Countenances

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:43 am

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27:17

What do we need sharp objects for? Or why do we sharpen then? To work more effectively with them. The Bible says here that a man's countenance can be sharpened in the same way as iron, or a knife, can be sharpened. Why do you sharpen a knife? Because it is blunt and, therefore, not very effective. A countenance, also, can be blunt, otherwise why would the Bible speak here of a 'sharpening' of it?

What is a blunt countenance? It is that look of dismay and defeat which a face wears as a result of a troubled heart. It is the countenance of discouragement and downcastment. But a sharpened countenance is a countenance of joy and gladness, the look of a victrious cheerfulness. That countenance cuts through situations of opposition. It is so sharp that when problems come against it, it cuts them through. It is able to rejoice evermore and give thanks in everything because it is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning us (1 Thessalonians 5:16,18).

That countenances can be 'sharpened' means that countenances can go blunt also, for you do not sharpen something unless it is blunt. If the Bible speaks of the a sharp countenance in same terms as of a sharp knife, it means that a sharpened countenance is like a sharp knife, and that a sharp knife is to material what a sharp countenance is to situations. How do we sharpen the countenance? The Bible also answers that. Iron is to iron, what man is to man. Iron sharpens iron, but man sharpens man. Yet it is not every man that can sharpen every other man, just as every material cannot knife. You have to be first a friend, before you can sharpen a blunt person. If you come as a fault-finder, or as a domineering critic, or as an offended 'god,' or as an angery judge ready to pass judgement, you will worsen the situation. Be a friend first, an understanding companion, then you can sharpen the bluntness of the friends's countenance.

In Isaiah 40:1, God says to the prophet Isaiah, "Comfort ye, comfort ye my people." In chapter 61:1 and 2, God says further that broken hearts are meant to be bound up, not broken further; and mopurners should be comforted, not grieved the more. It takes a friend who feels, to be able to understand and not add to the grief of another friend. But one who is not so much a friend may grieve the mourner more, by critically trying to show the mourner how he or she ought to be blamed for the grief (consider Job's friends). Such a non-friend will break an already cracked heart, or splinter the heart that is already broken. Be a 'sharpner' of people's countenances, not a 'blunter.' Be sharpened also in your countenance. Be a bringer of life and light not a kill joy. Do you know a friend whose countenance has recently been blunted by troubles? Go sharpened her/him, that s/he may begin may begin to 'cut' again, more effectively.

Countenances could be very effective tools. Make sure yours is always sharpened, and try to sharpen those of others also.

~From the Preachers's Diary~
Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: The Gibeonitish Call....Cursed in the Ho

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:19 pm

"Now therefore ye are cursed, and there shall none of you be free from being bondmen, and hewers of wood and drawers of water for the house of my God".

What a strange curse! Sentenced to be ministers in God's house, but cursed to be poor ministers in that great house; sentenced to the menial jobs in the house of God. Vessels they were going to be, but never was anyone of them going to be a vessel unto honor. Working for God, or working in God's house may seem a great honor; but from this curse on the Gibeonites, it becomes apparent that certain offices which one occupies may be the function of a curse rather than a call.

Working in a respectible place such as a great and well paying industry, a prestigious institution, a king's palace, etc may be a great honor, but not being able to rise above being every other person't messanger there, never being anything better than a hewer of woods and drawer of water for others in that great place may be indicative of a curse. Hence a number of sobering points are apparent from the issue at hand:

1. It is possible to be in God's very house and yet be under a curse.
2. It is possible to be working for God and still be under a curse.
3. It possible for one's ministry itself to derive from a curse rather than from a divine call.
4. Therefore, being 'called into the ministry' is not sufficient sign of God's favor.
5. An inexplicable inability to to rise above rudimentary occupations, whether secularly or in God's house, may be a pointer to a curse.
6. They are not all blessed who work in a blessed place.
7. Working in God's house should not mean being slaves.

Though they are called to be servants, like the Master (Mark 10:42-45) but not to be slaves. So has there been such a trend in your lineage? Perhaps, your father was a pastor, but died a despised pauper. His own father was a bishop, who was every other bishop's errand boy.. That one's own father and brothers were active deacons and churchwardens, but they were the lowest of the low in that enviable place of the church at their time. It is a good thing they were all raised in God's house, but a Gibeonitish curse of servitude may be at work. Such a curse, however, may be hard to discernbecause of the environment in which it operates. If the curse were working in the environment of a shrine or other detestable place other than the house of GOD, or some great spiritual or secular place such as, for example, the White House, the United Nations, the World Bank, etc., and yet the rag and scum of everyone else there, is strange.

Being 'called' is no proof that one is free from curses, for we can see, from the case of the Gibeonities, that it is possible to be called and be cursed at the same time; called and cursed to be a slave in the house of God. While the priests and other Levites were called to work for God in the house of God, the Gibeonites were cursed to be their slaves; cursed with the call to be the slaves of those who had been called to serve God! A strange kind of a curse!!

REFLECTIONS
How does a Gibeonitish curse of a 'call' come about? Are there, in your experience or in the experience of those you know, the traits of the 'Gibeonitish call'? How does one get rid of such a curse? For answers to any or all of these questions, e-mail me. And if you need prayers for the breaking of curses of demonic covenants in your family, you can e-mail me also - kings_kid12@yahoo.com

~From the Preachers' Desk~
Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: Teaching on Demonology

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:59 pm

"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of the strongholds; casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalted itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ" (2 Cor. 10:4-5).

In this series on demonology, I intend to discuss the course of demons, their divisions, heirarchy and operations.

This is pertinent because most christians have very little knowledge of the spiritual realm of existence. It is my believe that the knowledge of nature and operations of the different spirits will enhance your understanding.

It should settled in the heart of every believer that God and demonic spiritual realm are real. We can reckon with them as much as our daily interactions with the physical world.

To be continued:....
Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: The Gibeonitish Call....

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:37 am

"Now therefore ye are cursed, and there shall none of you be free from being bondmen, and hewers of wood and drawers of water for the house of my God".

What a strange curse! Sentenced to be ministers in God's house, but cursed to be poor ministers in that great house; sentenced to the menial jobs in the house of God. Vessels they were going to be, but never was anyone of them going to be a vessel unto honor. Working for God, or working in God's house may seem a great honor; but from this curse on the Gibeonites, it becomes apparent that certain offices which one occupies may be the function of a curse rather than a call.

Working in a respectible place such as a great and well paying industry, a prestigious institution, a king's palace, etc may be a great honor, but not being able to rise above being every other person't messanger there, never being anything better than a hewer of woods and drawer of water for others in that great place may be indicative of a curse. Hence a number of sobering points are apparent from the issue at hand:

1. It is possible to be in God's very house and yet be under a curse.
2. It is possible to be working for God and still be under a curse.
3. It possible for one's ministry itself to derive from a curse rather than from a divine call.
4. Therefore, being 'called into the ministry' is not sufficient sign of God's favor.
5. An inexplicable inability to to rise above rudimentary occupations, whether secularly or in God's house, may be a pointer to a curse.
6. They are not all blessed who work in a blessed place.
7. Working in God's house should not mean being slaves.

Though they are called to be servants, like the Master (Mark 10:42-45) but not to be slaves. So has there been such a trend in your lineage? Perhaps, your father was a pastor, but died a despised pauper. His own father was a bishop, who was every other bishop's errand boy.. That one's own father and brothers were active deacons and churchwardens, but they were the lowest of the low in that enviable place of the church at their time. It is a good thing they were all raised in God's house, but a Gibeonitish curse of servitude may be at work. Such a curse, however, may be hard to discernbecause of the environment in which it operates. If the curse were working in the environment of a shrine or other detestable place other than the house of GOD, or some great spiritual or secular place such as, for example, the White House, the United Nations, the World Bank, etc., and yet the rag and scum of everyone else there, is strange.

Being 'called' is no proof that one is free from curses, for we can see, from the case of the Gibeonities, that it is possible to be called and be cursed at the same time; called and cursed to be a slave in the house of God. While the priests and other Levites were called to work for God in the house of God, the Gibeonites were cursed to be their slaves; cursed with the call to be the slaves of those who had been called to serve God! A strange kind of a curse!!

REFLECTIONS
How does a Gibeonitish curse of a 'call' come about? Are there, in your experience or in the experience of those you know, the traits of the 'Gibeonitish call'? How does one get rid of such a curse? For answers to any or all of these questions, e-mail me. And if you need prayers for the breaking of curses of demonic covenants in your family, you can e-mail me also - kings_kid12@yahoo.com

~From the Preachers' Desk~
Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: Teaching on Demonology - ashtaroth-queen

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:12 pm

This is the demon responsible for false religion. It is an apparition that commonly manifests itself in the form of a beautiful maid in the name of "mary", and any other saint. However, it may appear as the picture of Jesus Christ, and at other times like angels.

No fallen demon has succeeded in turning people into false worship and hardening of their hearts to remain in such worship as ashtaroth. The same demon manifested and was worshiped in the past as astara, ashtes, the Phoenician and Philistine goddess, and diana of Ephesus. Unfortunately, such manifestations have crept into christianity and are around as "the mother of jesus", "the mother of superret", "the virgin mary (ave maria", "the mother of the dead."

Yet all these are still the queen of heaven seducing people of all kind to worship lucifer. Many of the people that claimed to have seen Jesus or angles in their dreams and visions, and have received divine order to open churches actually met with the queen of heaven and not Jesus Christ the Son of the living God.

And, as usual, if you have any questions e-mail me.....and if you need prayers or breaking of curses of demonic covenants in your family, you can e-mail me also - kings_kid12@yahoo.com
Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: Teaching on Demonology (LUCIFER)

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:14 pm

LUCIFER - Isaiah 14:12-17

Lucifer is the bright and morning star in charge of all the planets (from second heaven on down).

This is the highest ruling and supervisory authority in the demonic kingdom. The pricipality that led the rebellion against the government of God and was cast down with one third of the angels which ahd taken part in the rebellion. Generally, lucifer supervises the activities of all other principalities because they are accountable to him. He inhibits the second heaven, shuttling between the second heaven and the planet earth. Most often he manifests himself through the elements of fire, wood, tree, fish, snake, bird, man or woman and at times, like a child or wild beast (this is what makes me to be very wary of some of these so called tree huggers).

His activites are maily carried out through spirits under him like abaddon, armageddon, napoleon, and dragon.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a Name which is above every name: That at the Name of Jesus every knee should bow of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Phil 2:9-11.

Thank you all very much for the interest y'all have shown in these series of studies. And, as usual, you can always e-mail me at kings_kid12@yahoo.com with any questions, concerns or prayer requests. I try to answer all e-mails within 24 hrs.
Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: Teaching on Demonology

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:06 pm

One of the e-mails I received when I discussed this subject on another website was, in a nutshell, whether a child of God can be possessed by demons. And I am going to share the quick response I gave to the author of that e-mail because I'm sure that some other folks might wondering about the same thing as well.

Answer:
No, a child of God cannot be possessed by demons. The word Possession means to take control over oneself, one's mind, etc. In other words, possession implies ownership. Hence, for a child of God to be demon possessed means that demon(s) is going to take ownership of that individual. On the contrary, all children of God are possessed by the Holy Spirit. If you are a child of God, the Spirit of God lives and dwells in you. That's why the scripture says that 'your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.' And since God cannot share His glory with any other being, there is no way a true born again child of God can be demon possessed. O pari

However, it is possible for a child of God to be influenced by demons. Remember the time when the Lord Jesus Christ had to rebuke Peter by saying "Get thee behind me, satan!" The Lord Jesus Christ was not speaking directly to the demon(s) influencing Peter's words at that time, and not to Peter himself. In other words, at that particular time, Peter was being influenced by satan. Satan through Peter was trying to talk the Lord Jesus Christ out of going to the Cross. And I can give several other examples, but I gotta stop here.

Thanks for reading folks. Make sure to read next week....in fact, bookmark this thread for next week. Next week, we are going to bring this teaching home to each and everyone of us.

Any questions.....e-mail me: kings_kid12@yahoo.com

Stay blessed
Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

Postby Justin White (kwame) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:26 pm

Hello Cybersaint.

Is the entity, God, in your posts male? You used the word "HIS" many times. Just curious!!!!!!
Justin White (kwame)
BSc
BSc

Next

Return to Osofo Joint (religion)