Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Ghanaians in UK to go on Demonstration....AGAIN

Politics in Ghana

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse, Dr Vyrus

Ghanaians in UK to go on Demonstration....AGAIN

Postby paabo » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:11 am

Ghanaians in UK go on Demonstration

All Ghanaians in the United Kingdom especially those in London will proceed on a peaceful demonstration on Friday, 29th June 2012 from 09:00. The demonstration will take place around the premises of the Ghana High Commission in London at the familiar Consular office at 104 Highgate Hill, London N6 5HE, where passport and visa applications are processed. The nearest tube station is Archway on Norther Line.

Those embarking on the said peaceful demonstration are simply sending a message of dissatisfaction to the home NDC government via the High Commissioner, about the degree of ongoing official corruption in Ghana. The demonstrators will deliver a petition to the High Commissioner to be forwarded to President Mills and his government about the dubious judgment debt payments.

The demonstration will also be a perfect opportunity and time to inform the whole world about the sanctioned gargantuan corruption within the NDC government to enrich the party and certain well placed personalities in the party. The payment of over GHC51 Million judgment debt to Mr Alfred Agbesi Woyome who has personally confessed on air to not have signed any contract with the past or the present Ghana government to merit that payment is a perfect instance of official NDC corruption. Other such dubious acts of corruptions have been and continue to be committed by President Mills’ NDC administration.

The BBC News will be there to film the occasion. This demonstration is not partisanship. It is about discerning Ghanaians uniting to send a strong message of dissatisfaction to our politicians for seeing politics as an arena for making wealth. All concerned Ghanaians regardless of their party affiliations must join the demonstration. Come with your strong message-bearing placards. Feel free to write whatever message you wish to pass to President Mills and his NDC government that can prompt them to reverse the gear of corruption which is currently in high gear.

Rockson Adofo, Mr the Thorn in the Flesh of Mr Alfred Agbesi Woyome the Swindler of the Century will be there so be there. The lawyers of Mr Woyome took me to court in an attempt to gag me from expressing my views on the Woyomegate scandal but they failed. Refer to a publication on Ghanaweb under the General News of 15th March 2012 under the caption “Woyome Sues 5 NPP Officials & media managers” for details about my assertion. I have since been stinging Woyome hard. We should not allow NDC to connive with this gargantuan swindler to abscond with the money hence my unflinching resolution to join the demonstration. I will be there so be there!

The organisers of the demonstration reject any acts of partisanship at the demonstration in toto. It is about salvaging Ghana from the rudderless NDC boat, so please take note and feel free to join us.

Rockson Adofo
Last edited by paabo on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
paabo
Professor
Professor

Re: Ghanaians in UK go on Demonstration

Postby discount double check » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:55 am

paabo wrote:Ghanaians in UK go on Demonstration

All Ghanaians in the United Kingdom especially those in London will proceed on a peaceful demonstration on Friday, 29th June 2012 from 09:00. The demonstration will take place around the premises of the Ghana High Commission in London at the familiar Consular office at 104 Highgate Hill, London N6 5HE, where passport and visa applications are processed. The nearest tube station is Archway on Norther Line.

Those embarking on the said peaceful demonstration are simply sending a message of dissatisfaction to the home NDC government via the High Commissioner, about the degree of ongoing official corruption in Ghana. The demonstrators will deliver a petition to the High Commissioner to be forwarded to President Mills and his government about the dubious judgment debt payments.

The demonstration will also be a perfect opportunity and time to inform the whole world about the sanctioned gargantuan corruption within the NDC government to enrich the party and certain well placed personalities in the party. The payment of over GHC51 Million judgment debt to Mr Alfred Agbesi Woyome who has personally confessed on air to not have signed any contract with the past or the present Ghana government to merit that payment is a perfect instance of official NDC corruption. Other such dubious acts of corruptions have been and continue to be committed by President Mills’ NDC administration.

The BBC News will be there to film the occasion. This demonstration is not partisanship. It is about discerning Ghanaians uniting to send a strong message of dissatisfaction to our politicians for seeing politics as an arena for making wealth. All concerned Ghanaians regardless of their party affiliations must join the demonstration. Come with your strong message-bearing placards. Feel free to write whatever message you wish to pass to President Mills and his NDC government that can prompt them to reverse the gear of corruption which is currently in high gear.

Rockson Adofo, Mr the Thorn in the Flesh of Mr Alfred Agbesi Woyome the Swindler of the Century will be there so be there. The lawyers of Mr Woyome took me to court in an attempt to gag me from expressing my views on the Woyomegate scandal but they failed. Refer to a publication on Ghanaweb under the General News of 15th March 2012 under the caption “Woyome Sues 5 NPP Officials & media managers” for details about my assertion. I have since been stinging Woyome hard. We should not allow NDC to connive with this gargantuan swindler to abscond with the money hence my unflinching resolution to join the demonstration. I will be there so be there!

The organisers of the demonstration reject any acts of partisanship at the demonstration in toto. It is about salvaging Ghana from the rudderless NDC boat, so please take note and feel free to join us.

Rockson Adofo
really? :lol: but how do they know about all the corruption living all the way in london? Another political bs! If they are interested in helping, they should mobilize resources and come and invest in Gh or better yet come and live in Gh to try and effect the change. Its a shame that a white man should be the one championing the lead for investing in africa considering the numerous rich people we have on the continent (I am talking about tullow's sponsorship of sunderland dubbed "invest in africa" which they would have on their jerseys for 2 yrs)
discount double check
SSS
SSS

Postby paabo » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:11 pm

Prof Adidon Gbande wrote:
paabo wrote:Ghanaians in UK go on Demonstration

Rockson Adofo
really? :lol: but how do they know about all the corruption living all the way in london? Another political bs! If they are interested in helping, they should mobilize resources and come and invest in Gh or better yet come and live in Gh to try and effect the change. Its a shame that a white man should be the one championing the lead for investing in africa considering the numerous rich people we have on the continent (I am talking about tullow's sponsorship of sunderland dubbed "invest in africa" which they would have on their jerseys for 2 yrs)

All Ghanaians indeed :lol: No way will I or any friend and family here waste our precious Friday afternoon stomping the strrets of North London for nothing! Better things to do....and trust me, it'll descend into a partisan protest of purely NPP folk!
paabo
Professor
Professor

Postby Loverboy Mahama* » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:29 pm

NDC looters will not be there. How will greedy bastards demonstrate against a gov't, they are looting left, right and center.

NDC looters, don't bring your puffy faces on Friday.
Loverboy Mahama*
BSc
BSc

Postby kuro be so Hene » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:38 pm

It's a positive move. We need that money to build schools and hospitals for the masses. I am surprised wayome hasnt handed it in. As for asampana you should cover your face and avoid camera man if you are serious about the retreaval of this gargantuan judgment debt.
kuro be so Hene
BSc
BSc

Postby NaMrecco$ » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:38 pm

the real one has to take place in gha.... i dunno why people jut stand there and allow the country to rot and not go out and demosntrate... we need to tech these politicians some lesson..knowing ghanaians, they wont do shyt!! y3n fa ma nyame
NaMrecco$
Professor
Professor

Postby truemamamia » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:58 am

NaMrecco$ wrote:the real one has to take place in gha.... i dunno why people jut stand there and allow the country to rot and not go out and demosntrate... we need to tech these politicians some lesson..knowing ghanaians, they wont do shyt!! y3n fa ma nyame

How?
The country rots becos pple pay bribes and dont respect the law. How does it make sense for the same pple to protest it?
Actually I think there will prostests if a govt comes in and tries to do th right thing...employ pple without partisan politics, kick the kids that sell dog chain off the streets etc
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Postby Defender » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:40 pm

paabo wrote:
All Ghanaians indeed :lol: No way will I or any friend and family here waste our precious Friday afternoon stomping the strrets of North London for nothing! Better things to do....and trust me, it'll descend into a partisan protest of purely NPP folk!

Nonsense! why waste your time Asampana! The Wayome 52 Million cash went straight into NDC coffers so why waste your time? left to you, there will be more coming :roll: :P :P :evil: :evil:
Defender
BSc
BSc

Postby paabo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:43 am

Defender wrote:
paabo wrote:

Nonsense! why waste your time Asampana! The Wayome 52 Million cash went straight into NDC coffers so why waste your time? left to you, there will be more coming :roll: :P :P :evil: :evil:

oh shush your moff :roll:

Woyome In London

Ghana’s most controversial and abrasive state payment to an individual, the Woyome judgment saga, made a mammoth appearance in London last Friday when petition-armed Ghanaians marched to the High Commission.

A large number of Ghanaians resident in the United Kingdom joined by members of the local branch of the Young Patriots, a pressure group calling for the return of the GH¢51.2million paid to the National Democratic Congress (NDC) financier, Alfred Agbesi Woyome, ignored a mild downpour and made their way to the Ghana High Commission, chanting their dismay at the manner in which the issue had been handled so far by the Mills/Mahama administration.

For effect, the demonstrators blocked all entrances to the facility as they waited for the High Commissioner, Prof Kwaku Danso-Boafo, who was not present when they reached the place.

Prof Danso-Boafo, who had earlier asked the majority of the mission staff not to turn up for work on that day, was compelled to come and give audience to the picketers and receive their petition which they copied a number of organisations including the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).

“We have been dumbfounded ever since it became public that over GH¢600 million has been paid in the name of judgment debts to people and organisations who have done no work whatsoever for the country,” they pointed out in their petition.

The area around the premises of the Consulate on Highgate Hill where passport and visa applications are processed was a beehive of activities as the angry Ghanaians among who were journalists from various Ghanaian local radio stations, chanted their frustration.

The few mission officials at post refused to allow the journalists to tap electricity from the building for their live broadcasts, a situation which necessitated their resorting to nearby buildings for power at a cost though.

Titled, ‘Retrieval Of Unlawful Judgment Debt’, the petition expressed, as they put it, their “frustration, disappointment and disgust concerning the recent happenings in Ghana under the present government”.

Turning specifically to Alfred Agbesi Woyome, they pointed out that he defrauded the nation to the tune of GH¢51.2million, adding that “the construction company, CP, has also been given over €94,000,000 as confirmed by the Parliamentary Public Accounts Committee.”

Such levels of corruption, they noted, was robbing Ghana of her respectability in the international community, a situation they described as “state sponsored unprecedented corruption under the purview of a Law Professor, President J.E.A. Mills.”

They expressed misgivings about the commitment of the Mills/Mahama government to retrieve what they called the gargantuan money.

For them, the money was intentionally paid by the Mills/Mahama administration to some unscrupulous people in the country without justification.

“We Ghanaian residents in the UK are hereby today petitioning your good offices to impress upon the government to retrieve these sums doled out illegally through the conscienceless officials to these people and organisations without any regard for morality,” they stated in the petition.

They made a number of demands, among them an invitation of former Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Martin Amidu as a prosecution witness, in the Alfred Agbesi Woyome case, due to his knowledge and facts he had on the case.

The petitioners also asked for the immediate dismissal of Deputy Attorney General and Minister of Justice Ebo Barton-Odro, Valerie Sawyerr and Alex Segbefia both deputy Chiefs of Staff, among other government officials.

“We are urging President Mills as a matter of urgency to compel the Attorney General to prosecute Mrs Betty Mould-Iddrisu, former Attorney General and Minister of Justice, for her negligence and lack of due diligence,” they added.

The retrieval of the money already paid and which remained a sore political issue in the country, they noted, would address Ghana’s infrastructural challenges.

Source: Daily Guide
paabo
Professor
Professor

Postby MoneyMaker » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:23 am

Parabolic were you there?
MoneyMaker
SSS
SSS

Postby paabo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:41 am

MoneyMaker wrote:Parabolic were you there?

eeish :lol: :lol: ...No I was nowhere near there
paabo
Professor
Professor

Postby paabo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:36 am

Ghanaians in UK to demonstrate against EC over new constituencies

Some Ghanaian residents in UK and the members of the Young Patriots, UK branch say they are planning to embark on a mammoth demonstration in London, over the creation of 45 new constituencies for the 2012 elections.

They hope to petition the Prime Minister David Cameroon at his No.10 Downing Street against the Ghana Electoral Commission for what they described, as the recalcitrant posture adopted by the EC to go ahead in creating the proposed 45 constituencies within this short period (less than four months) before the general elections.

“Ghana, our country is known internationally as a pinnacle in the fight for freedom and the citadel of democracy in the sub-Saharan Africa, attributes which most countries have been working so hard to emulate as a shining example for Africa as confirmed by the US President Barrack Obama when he first visited our country".

"Unfortunately, the EC’s determination to create the new constituencies has an obvious potential of destroying these gains that Ghana as a country has made in her pursuit of democracy,” the group said in statement copied to Myjoyonline.com Thursday.

The statement describe as “mind boggling and unfathomable why the officials of the Electoral Commission should allowed themselves to be lured into the illegalities of the NDC party by supervising the illegal primaries conducted in the non-existent constituencies. By this doing, the EC is perceptibly helping to give unfair advantage to the NDC party at the expense of the law abiding political parties in Ghana”.

The group further their weight behind AFAG, which is calling on the EC Boss to resign, if the Commission failed to heed to calls for him to rescind its decision on the creation of the new constituencies.

“We also like to announce that, after the two weeks unconditional ultimatum given by AFAG, if the EC fails to rescind its decision or for the Commissioner to honorably resign, we shall call on all concerned Ghanaian residents here and the numerous members of the Young Patriots, UK and Ireland to demonstrate in London to coincide with the AFAG’s demonstration that shall be organised in Ghana, and we shall present a petition to the UK Prime Minister at No.10 Downing Street,” the statement said.

http://politics.myjoyonline.com/pages/n ... /93040.php
paabo
Professor
Professor

Postby Defender » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:53 am

paabo wrote:Ghanaians in UK to demonstrate against EC over new constituencies

Some Ghanaian residents in UK and the members of the Young Patriots, UK branch say they are planning to embark on a mammoth demonstration in London, over the creation of 45 new constituencies for the 2012 elections.

What is your problem Asampana? They can even demonstrate 20 times before the elections. It is their rights. You can join them if you have brains of your own, because you know that this 45 new constituencies is a recipe for disaster :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: GTFOH with your NDC hypocrisy :roll: :P :lol: :lol:
Defender
BSc
BSc

Postby paabo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:00 am

Defender wrote:

What is your problem Asampana? They can even demonstrate 20 times before the elections. It is their rights. You can join them if you have brains of your own, because you know that this 45 new constituencies is a recipe for disaster :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: GTFOH with your NDC hypocrisy :roll: :P :lol: :lol:

Have I SAID THEY CAN'T DEMONSTRATE? :roll: ...yeah you'd wish the creation of the constituencies ends up a disaster, won't you :roll: dark mind man :P
paabo
Professor
Professor

Postby Defender » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:28 am

paabo wrote:
Defender wrote:

Have I SAID THEY CAN'T DEMONSTRATE? :roll: ...yeah you'd wish the creation of the constituencies ends up a disaster, won't you :roll: dark mind man :P

Nonsensical ranting from the hypocrite NDC hack. Naniama, what will i gain from violence? You won't make this ignorant statement if you know me because unlike "shamo" like you I have come home to invest. FYI, i stand to lose more if there is violence in Ghana. Get away from my face with your NDC stupidity Paabo. Your topic said they are demonstrating AGAIN :idea:
STFU and join the demonstration or... go to hell :twisted: :P :P
Defender
BSc
BSc

Postby paabo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:36 am

Defender wrote:
paabo wrote:
Defender wrote:

Nonsensical ranting from the hypocrite NDC hack. Naniama, what will i gain from violence? You won't make this ignorant statement if you know me because unlike "shamo" like you I have come home to invest. FYI, i stand to lose more if there is violence in Ghana. Get away from my face with your NDC stupidity Paabo. Your topic said they are demonstrating AGAIN :idea:

Foolish man, what has my topic and what you do in Ghana got to do with your silly and senseless inferences? Are they not to go on demonstration again? If you''re home to invest, do so wisely, guarding your tongue and don't open your big moff to spout such foolishness all over the forum.
Only you know the recipes for disaster and have claimed those constituencies to be such. Now you foolishly ask me what you'd gain from violence (disaster)? :P
paabo
Professor
Professor

Postby Defender » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:44 am

paabo wrote:
Defender wrote:
paabo wrote:
Defender wrote:

Foolish man, what has my topic and what you do in Ghana got to do with your silly and senseless inferences? Are they not to go on demonstration again? If you''re home to invest, do so wisely, guarding your tongue and don't open your big moff to spout such foolishness all over the forum.
Only you know the recipes for disaster and have claimed those constituencies to be such. Now you foolishly ask me what you'd gain from violence (disaster)? :P

Kwasia, hypocrite NDC thief, go back and use that your big coconut head to read what you wrote again... or you want me to quote you before you comprehend? (..."yeah you'd wish the creation of the constituencies ends up a disaster, won't you :roll: dark mind man")
Fu.cking idiot, you want everyone to keep mute while the thieves in your party loot the country and plan to steal the elections so they can continue to loot? Naniama, STFU and GTFOH with your stupidity. :arrow: :arrow: :P :P
Defender
BSc
BSc

Postby kuro be so Hene » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:05 pm

Interesting exchange between asampana and defender. Sika must be having a breather :lol: :lol:
kuro be so Hene
BSc
BSc

Postby Defender » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:08 pm

kuro be so Hene wrote:Interesting exchange between asampana and defender. Sika must be having a breather :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: make you no mind that hypocrite Paabo. He only post NDC talking points here. :P :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Defender on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defender
BSc
BSc

Postby paabo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:09 pm

Defender wrote:
kuro be so Hene wrote:Interesting exchange between asampana and defender. Sika must be having a breather :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: make you no mind the hypocrite Paabo. He only post NDC talking points here. :P :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nonsense, what do you post? Silly hypocrite :lol: :lol: :lol:
paabo
Professor
Professor

Next

Return to Politics