Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

BREAKING NEWS: Alfred Woyome Discharged...And Re-arrested

Politics in Ghana

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse, Dr Vyrus

BREAKING NEWS: Alfred Woyome Discharged...And Re-arrested

Postby Dr Vyrus » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:08 am

The state has filed nolle prosequi indicating it is no longer interested in prosecuting Mr Alfred Agbesi Woyome and the three others.

State prosecutors led by Cynthia Lamptey told the court the state was no longer interested in prosecuting the case it brought against businessman, Alfred Woyome and three others.

The state brought charges of fraud against the four over a GHC51 million judgment debt payment to Mr Woyome.

More soon.
Last edited by Dr Vyrus on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr Vyrus
MSc
MSc

Postby Dr Vyrus » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:22 am

Drama unfolded at an Accra High Court on Tuesday when businessman Alfred Agbesi Woyome, thought he had been discharged and was therefore a free man after the state filed a nolle prosequi.

But moments after that decision by the state, he was re-arrested within the premises of the court and slapped with two fresh charges.

He has been charged with defrauding by false pretence and causing financial loss to the State to the tune of GhC 51 million.

The state, on Tuesday, indicated it was no longer interested in prosecuting Mr Woyome and three others.

Mr. Woyome, interdicted Chief State Attorney, Mr Nerquaye-Tettey; who was facing two counts of conspiracy and corruption of public officer, his wife, Gifty Tetteh-Nerquaye and Mr Asimenu; each facing one count of abetment of crime, were standing trial for their roles in the infamous GHC51 million judgment debt payment paid to Mr Woyome as compensation for the abrogation of a contract to build stadia for the 2008 African Cup of Nations.

They had all pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The Woyome case, which had been pending in court for months now, was scheduled for trial today after the the Financial Division of the Fast Track High Court chaired by John Ajet-Nasam, ordered Alfred Woyome to report himself to the police later in the day to enable them to take further statements from him so as to continue the case of the fraudulent payment to him

The expectation therefore was that the state would state its case but state prosecutors, led by Cynthia Lamptey told the court it was no longer interested in pursuing the matter.

However, more drama was to follow when the police re-arrested the stunned NDC financier.

More soon...

Source: Peacefmonline.
Dr Vyrus
MSc
MSc

Postby Empire of Victory » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:56 pm

If this criminal does not pay the money back :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Location: Winners Club: It's about winning!! I am kissing the money John Boye Style...

Postby MoneyMaker » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:28 pm

I think Atta has given up the run for re election.

When is the NDC campaign starting?
MoneyMaker
SSS
SSS

Postby truemamamia » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:12 am

MoneyMaker wrote:I think Atta has given up the run for re election.

I have a feeling that they gonna jail him close to the elections.
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Postby Dr Vyrus » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:42 am

truemamamia wrote:

You are right . Jail him close and then he wins an appeal after but that will be a huge gamble I'm sure he will not agree to just in the the NDC loses the election he knows he will fry in jail. There is no way they can successfully convict him on his current charges even if they do woyome will walk at appeal . However it pans out woyome will hurt Atta regardless
Dr Vyrus
MSc
MSc

Postby keen observer » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:29 am

Dr Vyrus wrote:
truemamamia wrote:

You are right . Jail him close and then he wins an appeal after but that will be a huge gamble I'm sure he will not agree to just in the the NDC loses the election he knows he will fry in jail. There is no way they can successfully convict him on his current charges even if they do woyome will walk at appeal . However it pans out woyome will hurt Atta regardless

How will he hurt Mills? You paa, which bloc since the last elections? he will win hands down.
keen observer
Professor
Professor

Postby Dr Vyrus » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:35 am

keen observer wrote:
Dr Vyrus wrote:
truemamamia wrote:

How will he hurt Mills? You paa, which bloc since the last elections? he will win hands down.
Mills won a lot of sympathy Christian votes in the last election because he was perceived as calm as opposed to the buga Bugatti nana addo . He was seen to be God fearing. The Npp has succeeded in eroding that perception by portraying him as a hypocrite and a lair. Woomera was just the icing on the cake. The radical elements in the party that Rawlings had his base is also shaky. Mills will also lose the central region vote this time around which is key.
Dr Vyrus
MSc
MSc

Postby keen observer » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:44 am

Dr Vyrus wrote:
keen observer wrote:
Dr Vyrus wrote:
truemamamia wrote:

Mills won a lot of sympathy Christian votes in the last election because he was perceived as calm as opposed to the buga Bugatti nana addo . He was seen to be God fearing. The Npp has succeeded in eroding that perception by portraying him as a hypocrite and a lair. Woomera was just the icing on the cake. The radical elements in the party that Rawlings had his base is also shaky. Mills will also lose the central region vote this time around which is key.

U are not serious are you? Ghana Politics is based on ethnicity. The NPP or NDC wins if an ethnic group moves.
Central and Western are not going to abandon Mills. If you want to know who will win the elections, just look at Central. Mills wins central, he wins the Presidency in the first round. Period.
keen observer
Professor
Professor

Postby Dr Vyrus » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:31 pm

keen observer wrote:
Dr Vyrus wrote:
keen observer wrote:
Dr Vyrus wrote:
truemamamia wrote:

U are not serious are you? Ghana Politics is based on ethnicity. The NPP or NDC wins if an ethnic group moves.
Central and Western are not going to abandon Mills. If you want to know who will win the elections, just look at Central. Mills wins central, he wins the Presidency in the first round. Period.
The central region has always been a swing region. Mills lost there in two general elections :idea:
Dr Vyrus
MSc
MSc

Postby yahaya » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:45 pm

keen observer wrote:
Dr Vyrus wrote:
keen observer wrote:
Dr Vyrus wrote:
truemamamia wrote:

I turn to disagree with you. There is new phenomena going on and everyone is not paying attention to. Northern regions.. the NPP will not win it, but if the NDC dont fix the Rawlings issue that will be their waterloo (their percentage will reduce in my opinion) ... and if that stays as it is currently then whoever win Greater Accra wins the election.. i feel Greater Accra is more of swing region than central watch this space..
yahaya
BSc
BSc

Return to Politics