Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

How to appeal Denial of USA Tourist Visa

Discuss Immigration issues

Moderators: deciiva, kebashorificatious, Q' lypse

How to appeal Denial of USA Tourist Visa

Postby Dr Vyrus » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:18 pm

PM Question

Boss Vyrus , Hope you can help with some advice. The US embassy just bounced me visa . I wanted to visit my brother in the US for about 3 months. The refused me the visa because I was single. I told them I had a fiancée and also a lecturer at the polytechnic but they did not listen. My brother wants to appeal since I had a very good bank statement and he also has a good job. I had letter from my work place and papers for a plot of land I own. What is the best way to appeal against this unfairness. I have no intension of over staying in the USA

Massa *******. Sorry for your disappointment but unfortunately i have no magic solution to your problem apart from advising that you re apply when your circumstances change. Put yourself in the shoes of the interview office.
Why will a lecturer leave his job for 3 months to visit his brother? They also read the news you know. currently you are on strike right? so if he gives you the visa what is the probability that you will not use it as an escape of the hard economic mess you are fighting against. You have nothing to come back to in Ghana you can always find another job. Please you having a fiancée means nothing as you can also get an American to marry and get a Green card since nothing stops you legally from doing so. You have no kids and since your brother is living here they will assume you can too. How did your brother get into the USA? That will also be a factor and you actually put a nail on your vase by submitting documents for a plot of lane you intend to build on. Come on where do you think they will be thinking you are planning on getting money for the building when you are on strike because your take home pay cannot take you home? Your brothers circumstances means nothing as YOU are the one applying and YOU should prove that you do not intend to change your mind at baggage claim to stay.

Sorry to sound very negative but do prepare well before your next application making sure you have over come these challenges.

May be someone else might be able to help here
Dr Vyrus
MSc
MSc

Postby Mehia Emboa » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:00 pm

Thanks for the quick response Massa. But My brother wants to write to the senotor. do you think That will work? may be they can give a refference letter
Mehia Emboa

Postby Dr Vyrus » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:04 pm

Mehia Emboa wrote:Thanks for the quick response Massa. But My brother wants to write to the senotor. do you think That will work? may be they can give a refference letter
it is unlikely the senator will write any letter. He does not know you or your brother so they cannot ''recommend'' you for a visa. Once you are in the country the senator or your brother does not have any control on your movement or the decisions you take so their words or recommendations will mean nothing to the IO. As I said before you being granted a visa depends on you 95%. you are the only one who can change the decision.
Dr Vyrus
MSc
MSc

Postby wadada » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Massa there is nothing anybody can do to get you the visa!!! (unless the visa is for special** occasion). you just have to wait (6 months I guess) to re-apply again. When it comes to visa interview, regardless how good your documents you are still under the mercy of the interviewer :wink:sad, but true!!!
wadada
BSc
BSc

Postby Mehia Emboa » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:51 pm

Thanks for the inputs. So my guess is there has never been a case of a succesful appeal
Mehia Emboa

Postby Dr Vyrus » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:19 pm

Mehia Emboa wrote:Thanks for the inputs. So my guess is there has never been a case of a succesful appeal
I know of two case but I will not call them appeal as it was unconventional. Both of them happened to have sourced the cell number of the consul general and called him. He arranged for them to be re interviewed and they had visas issued to them but you have to have the links to do that
Dr Vyrus
MSc
MSc

Postby wadada » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:24 pm

Mehia Emboa wrote:Thanks for the inputs. So my guess is there has never been a case of a succesful appeal

As US citizen the only people I can appeal their case are my children, wife and parents. that is if the application is based on "Petition for Alien Relative" not just a mere invitation visa!!! my two cent
wadada
BSc
BSc

Postby kebashorificatious » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:35 pm

The World Champions of Visa Bouncing are Germans. Their embassy head tron pa paa! Them dey fear Ghanaians & Nigerians pass anything...
kebashorificatious

Postby Mehia Emboa » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:48 am

Dr Vyrus wrote:
Mehia Emboa wrote:Thanks for the quick response Massa. But My brother wants to write to the senotor. do you think That will work? may be they can give a refference letter
it is unlikely the senator will write any letter. He does not know you or your brother so they cannot ''recommend'' you for a visa. Once you are in the country the senator or your brother does not have any control on your movement or the decisions you take so their words or recommendations will mean nothing to the IO. As I said before you being granted a visa depends on you 95%. you are the only one who can change the decision.
you are right my brother says he spoke to the congressman and they will not write the letter because they don't know me . I guess I'll just wait and reapply . Thanks for the free advice
Mehia Emboa

Postby Dr Vyrus » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:15 am

Mehia Emboa wrote:
Dr Vyrus wrote:
you are right my brother says he spoke to the congressman and they will not write the letter because they don't know me . I guess I'll just wait and reapply . Thanks for the free advice
Good luck. Just remember to be truthful in your application . Believe me it helps
Dr Vyrus
MSc
MSc

Postby Jato Rasta » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:01 pm

What about petitioning your local congressman on your brother's behalf?
Jato Rasta
BSc
BSc

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:36 pm

Jato Rasta wrote:What about petitioning your local congressman on your brother's behalf?

No congressman would get involved in a case like that.

Postby dr.luv » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:47 am

Talk to this guy.

http://www.adelayolaw.com/about-us/

In the past, he travelled to Nigeria to help people "who deserved visas" acquire them easily. I know he talked about establishing an office in Ghana to provide immigration services but not sure if that was done. He may be able to give you free advice. Very honest guy.
dr.luv
BSc
BSc

Postby MoneyMaker » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:26 am

The money the embassies are raising in Ghana are criminal. The lines there are gurguantuan ? Let us be happy with what we have
MoneyMaker
SSS
SSS

Postby Q' lypse » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:36 am

wadada wrote:Massa there is nothing anybody can do to get you the visa!!! (unless the visa is for special** occasion). you just have to wait (6 months I guess) to re-apply again. When it comes to visa interview, regardless how good your documents you are still under the mercy of the interviewer :wink:sad, but true!!!
yep, it happened to me some time ago. Dem dey bounce u like u r sum common man bi on the street. :lol:
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby Q' lypse » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:37 am

kebashorificatious wrote:The World Champions of Visa Bouncing are Germans. Their embassy head tron pa paa! Them dey fear Ghanaians & Nigerians pass anything...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keba, how do u know this? :lol: :lol:
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby Fuseini Etwebiri » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:12 am

Q' lypse wrote:
kebashorificatious wrote:The World Champions of Visa Bouncing are Germans. Their embassy head tron pa paa! Them dey fear Ghanaians & Nigerians pass anything...

they bounced his friend gerrit :lol:
Fuseini Etwebiri
BSc
BSc

Postby Q' lypse » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:28 pm

Etweholic wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:

hahahha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby Dr Vyrus » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:26 am

Q' lypse wrote:
Etweholic wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:

hahahha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keba could be working for the Germans
Dr Vyrus
MSc
MSc

Return to Immigration