Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Zambia Camp News

Talk about the latest matches, your club, etc

Moderators: deciiva, kebashorificatious

Zambia Camp News

Postby kebashorificatious » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:22 pm

http://www.ukzambians.co.uk/home/2012/0 ... a-tickets/ (June 6)

Tuesday's Training Session:

Skipper Christopher Katongo, who was excused from the first training session on Monday, was actively involved in yesterday’s drills which were closed to the media to allow the players concentrate on the task ahead.

Twenty-four players took part in Herve Renard’s rigorous training programme at the Levy Mwanawasa Stadium’s training ground.

However, playmaker, Rainford Kalaba, who picked up a knock in the Sudan match, continued with some light training on the sidelines as his colleagues were busy with other tasks.

FAZ spokesperson, Erick Mwanza said the team medics allowed Kalaba to do some light exercises as a precaution ahead of the tough assignment this Saturday.
kebashorificatious

Re: Zambia Camp News

Postby kebashorificatious » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:24 pm

Wednesday:

The Zambia national team this afternoon beat MTN Super league log leaders Zesco United by 4 goals to nil in a final practice match the team played at the new Levy stadium training pitch ahead of Saturday's encounter with Ghana.

http://sports.myjoyonline.com/pages/new ... /87878.php

The African champions found the net through goal keeper Kennedy Mweene who converted a penalty. The other goals were scored by Emmanuel Mayuka, Jonas Sakuwaha and James Chamanga.

Herve Renard named a similar starting line-up to the one which started on Saturday with the only changes being the introduction of Portugal based Emmanuel Mbola and Felix Katongo for Thomas Nyirenda and fit again Rainford Kalaba who played a part in the game.
kebashorificatious

Postby rick » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:44 pm

It shows they are in for offensive game.
rick
BSc
BSc

Postby Ekow » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:45 pm

rick wrote:It shows they are in for offensive game.

they need a win
Ekow
Guru
Guru

Postby maddock » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:59 pm

They desperately need to win. A loss pretty much dumps them out of the race. We need to also approach this game as if it is a final. I hope the players have completely put the Lesotho game behind them and are not expecting an easy game.
maddock
BSc
BSc

Postby boogie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:33 pm

This game will be challenging, but I hope we don't give them too much respect, as I think we have better players and if we stick to our game plan, we should beat them comfortably. Unlike the ANC, they are not an unknown entity. They are unlikely to play any differently from the ANC and they will be coming at us, which I think will help us. I just hope we score early to settle our players nerves, thus creating more confusion to the African Champions....
boogie
BSc
BSc

Return to Football