Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: The Word of God in the Wilderness

All about God and Gods

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

Re: SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: The Long Arm of the Lord

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:53 pm

quophi aletse wrote:good to be back in the wilderness :lol: :lol:

how u dey cyber ...... i hope all is well with u ....

anyways this ur last post on praying for others and delivering others through ur prayers is serious business ......

are u saying that with prayer a christian can pray to god to convert an imam of the islam denomination into christianity???? this is serious business .....

there is a missing link though bra ...... u cannot change anybody against his/her will .... not even god can do that ...... when jesus healed people...... the healing occurred because the people were looking for healing and healing what part of their path and they believed jesus could strengthen the the love within them to heal themselves ..... the indirectly healed themselves through jesus .......

is that not wat jesus referred to as ur faith has healed you????

and yes while we can pray for others .... awareness of the idea that me praying for someone is just to strengthen his/her intentions if he/she really wants to bring about that change ....... other than that prayer for someone to change his ways without the person intrinsically desire such changes is fruitless .....
wa bin forkin!!! 8) :lol: :lol:

Postby Q' lypse » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:57 am

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
quophi aletse wrote:good to be back in the wilderness :lol: :lol:

how u dey cyber ...... i hope all is well with u ....

anyways this ur last post on praying for others and delivering others through ur prayers is serious business ......

are u saying that with prayer a christian can pray to god to convert an imam of the islam denomination into christianity???? this is serious business .....

there is a missing link though bra ...... u cannot change anybody against his/her will .... not even god can do that ...... when jesus healed people...... the healing occurred because the people were looking for healing and healing what part of their path and they believed jesus could strengthen the the love within them to heal themselves ..... the indirectly healed themselves through jesus .......

is that not wat jesus referred to as ur faith has healed you????

and yes while we can pray for others .... awareness of the idea that me praying for someone is just to strengthen his/her intentions if he/she really wants to bring about that change ....... other than that prayer for someone to change his ways without the person intrinsically desire such changes is fruitless .....

lt is a form of witchcraft.lm talking about using prayer or any occult means to change another or their belief without permission.
Since lve not allowed you into my house,you have broken in and tried to change eg my furniture arrangement according to your taste.
Ive always paid attention to this (you call it witchcraft). By force prayer paa and the analogy is correct.
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc

Postby Q' lypse » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:59 am

Anonymous wrote:wa bin forkin!!! 8) :lol: :lol:

brotha minister anaa, wo y3 bue :D
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc

Postby quophi aletse » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:49 pm

Q' lypse wrote:

ede3b3n?? mede3 let us keep our eyes on the concepts being preached here in the wilderness :lol: :lol:
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter

Postby 4th_Official » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:26 am

quophi aletse wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:

ede3b3n?? mede3 let us keep our eyes on the concepts being preached here in the wilderness :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: so, how do you "exercise" your spirituality? Do you pray, meditate, do yoga :wink: ? What materials do you use ex, some kind of book, candles, etc.,
4th_Official
MSc
MSc

Postby 4th_Official » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:27 am

Q' lypse wrote:

He be the minister and you be the....? :P
4th_Official
MSc
MSc

Postby quophi aletse » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:33 pm

captain_fred wrote:
quophi aletse wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:

:lol: :lol: so, how do you "exercise" your spirituality? Do you pray, meditate, do yoga :wink: ? What materials do you use ex, some kind of book, candles, etc.,

fred i exercise my spirituality by living life and doing my best to be mindful of my highest truths and also doing my best to approach life from my highest truths .......

there are times and situations where i do not choose my highest truths and side with the ego construct ....... i do my best to realize these lessons and teachings also and contemplate why i made such a choice ...... etc etc .......

prayer, meditation, yoga(stretching) are an affirmative .... a on and off thing ......
prayer means thought control to me ....... rather than worshiping or asking some entity for supplication.

there are moments where i naturally slip into mindfulness(meditation) and also i mindfully stretch my body from time to time .... not so much these day due to getting stuck in the mundane life drama .....

i read and come into contact with books that resonate with me ......
some moments in the "past" i read the quran, the buddhist teachings, the bible, etc and contemplated the deeper meanings contemplation revealed to me ...... etc etc

i dont use a candle for anything ..... :lol: ..... im not into occultism or any other exclusivity agenda movement ..... fred paa :lol: .....

i just interact with like minds on the multifaceted aspects of life in person and on forums .... etc etc .......
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter

Postby 4th_Official » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:27 am

quophi aletse wrote:fred i exercise my spirituality by living life and doing my best to be mindful of my highest truths and also doing my best to approach life from my highest truths .......

there are times and situations where i do not choose my highest truths and side with the ego construct ....... i do my best to realize these lessons and teachings also and contemplate why i made such a choice ...... etc etc .......

prayer, meditation, yoga(stretching) are an affirmative .... a on and off thing ......
prayer means thought control to me ....... rather than worshiping or asking some entity for supplication.

there are moments where i naturally slip into mindfulness(meditation) and also i mindfully stretch my body from time to time .... not so much these day due to getting stuck in the mundane life drama .....

i read and come into contact with books that resonate with me ......
some moments in the "past" i read the quran, the buddhist teachings, the bible, etc and contemplated the deeper meanings contemplation revealed to me ...... etc etc

i dont use a candle for anything ..... :lol: ..... im not into occultism or any other exclusivity agenda movement ..... fred paa :lol: .....

i just interact with like minds on the multifaceted aspects of life in person and on forums .... etc etc .......
oh I see. so you've read the Quran, Bible, Buddhist teachings? :o I'm assuming you fast too?

that's an interesting take on life.

I thought you did some of those spiritual exercises similar to Kwame Nyame's.

I see prayer as communication. The Bible helps prayers in my opinion. WHen I don't pray in a long time or read the Bible I feel weak spiritually
4th_Official
MSc
MSc

Postby quophi aletse » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:31 am

captain_fred wrote:oh I see. so you've read the Quran, Bible, Buddhist teachings? :o I'm assuming you fast too?

that's an interesting take on life.

I thought you did some of those spiritual exercises similar to Kwame Nyame's.

I see prayer as communication. The Bible helps prayers in my opinion. WHen I don't pray in a long time or read the Bible I feel weak spiritually

:lol: wat are u on about ...... i read the koran(not in its entirety) and buddhist teachings(not in its entire) to get a satisfiable understanding of what is happening there and clarify what i kno about these religion from school in ghana and others who practise these religion ...and also to be aware of the beliefs they instil in people and the behaviours these beliefs can sponsor and do sponsor ...... that is all ...... i was brought up in christianity so im well informed in christianity as familiarity goes ....

fasting can be used to cleanse the body and remove psychological attachments ...... i have done media fasting and food fasting before when it was needed and will do it when it is needed ........ i dont fast as a muslim if that is wat u are referring to even though that ritual they perform every year can be very very good for the body and other aspects of the psyche. Some of them approach it as suffering for god though which is another thing all together

i sense u are mystifying stuff here fred :lol: ...... what about kwame nyame's spiritual exercises???

and good for u on praying and reading ur bible ....... 8) ...... and i guess u are also doing ur best to live the highest truths found in the bible 8)
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: The Divine Alliance

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:29 pm

“Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.” Matthew 6:10

This Bible Study has been taken from Chapter VI of Daniel Kolenda’s new book “Your Kingdom Come” and is for those who desire to enter into a divine partnership with God and His purposes by joining the prayer revolution.

Charles Finney (1792-1875) is considered by many people to have been one of the greatest revivalists in American history. When Finney preached in a city, the entire region was powerfully impacted by the holy presence of God, which seemed to descend like a cloud. The tangible presence of God would be felt for miles around and multitudes of people would come to Jesus as if being drawn by a mysterious, magnetic force. Churches would be overwhelmed with new converts. Crime rates would plummet, and jails would empty because of the numbers of people who had come to Jesus. The moral nature of cities and regions would be impacted for decades to come because of the supernatural work that was done by the Holy Spirit through this man of God. Interestingly, approximately 80 percent of those people who came to Jesus in Finney’s meetings were still actively serving the Lord twenty-five years after their initial salvation experience16 – an extraordinary statistic.

The amazing revivals that followed the ministry of Charles Finney were much more than just the result of the eloquent preaching of this evangelist. There was an atmosphere that followed Charles Finney that reflected the holiness of God. When people encountered that atmosphere, their testimony was much the same as the prophet Isaiah who, encountering the holiness of God, cried out in despair, “Woe is me! for I am undone…” (Isaiah 6:5). People were stricken by the horrors of their sins and the deep offense that sin caused in the heart of God. A reverential fear of the Lord was experienced by many that caused them to turn to the Lord with true, heartfelt repentance, and they were never the same again.

Much has been written about the amazing ministry of Charles Finney, but very little is known about another man named Daniel Nash who was an associate of Finney. Very few people even knew that he existed. He was very quiet by nature and rarely, if ever, attended any of the revival meetings where Finney preached. Though he had been a pastor early in his life, he had been wounded by some church leaders who had fired him from his church thinking he was too old. He was forty-six at the time. This breaking of Nash’s heart was only a part of the preparation for a much greater work that God had prepared for him to do. Nash’s ministry was a ministry of prayer and intercession. Because of his hurt, he withdrew from public ministry but became a man of mighty prevailing prayer!

God brought Daniel Nash and Charles Finney together to form a team that was to be used by God in a most phenomenal way. Nash would precede Charles Finney’s arrival in a city for revival meetings. He would go to the city and check into a boarding house and begin praying for the meetings that were coming. Sometimes he wouldn’t come out of his room for days at a time as he devoted himself totally to intercession. Sometimes people reported hearing weeping and groaning coming from this man’s room as he prayed for the Holy Spirit’s power to be released and a mighty harvest to be reaped when Charles Finney came to preach.

Daniel Nash would pray for days before he felt that the work had been done in the spirit for the meetings to convene. Other times he would pray for three to four weeks in advance of Finney’s arrival, but he would not quit until he felt in his spirit that the preparation through intercession was complete. Nash prayed until he felt that the spiritual atmosphere had been prepared, and once he felt a release, he would send word to Charles Finney that the town was ready for him to come. Finney would follow, preach the Gospel, and the tidal floods of God’s holy, convicting, and saving glory would overwhelm the town and people would come to Jesus to be saved as a result.

The greatest moves of God in American history occurred during this season of time. Entire regions were changed as a result of Finney’s ministry. Historians point to those meetings as having such a profound impact upon people and societies that the effects could still be seen a century or more later! The powerful preaching of Charles Finney that saw hundreds of thousands of people saved would have never had the impact it did had it not been for the spiritual partnership with the intercessory ministry of Daniel Nash. It is interesting to note that only four months after Daniel Nash’s death, Charles Finney left the itinerate revival ministry to pastor a church. The powerful revivals that characterized his ministry and changed a nation began to wane.

Daniel Nash is buried in a simple grave in an obscure cemetery behind a farmer’s barn in upstate New York. It was lost in history for many decades. On his small, well-worn tombstone are these words: “Daniel Nash – Prayer minister for Charles Finney.” Though he was virtually unknown to the masses, God used Nash in a most profound way to birth the revivals of Charles Finney which touched multitudes. Surely, Daniel Nash enjoys the same fruit of reward as Charles Finney in Heaven today because of the role he played in intercession and prayer! I believe that there are many Daniel Nash’s in the earth today. They are known only to God (and maybe a few family members or friends). They may never write a book. They may never have a television program. They may never have a large public ministry that draws money, popularity, and acclaim of the masses, but their unseen labors in the spirit through intercessory prayer are resulting in the work of God moving forward in the earth. They may be strangers while here, but one day they will be champions in Heaven.

The next great move of God will come as a result of Prayer & Obedience by the body of Christ. Discover how God made us partners with Him for the fulfillment of His purposes in the earth.
Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

Postby quophi aletse » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:12 am

eii boss ..... how u dey ..... e don tey since i heard from u on all forums ......
hope all is well 8)
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:07 pm

quophi aletse wrote:eii boss ..... how u dey ..... e don tey since i heard from u on all forums ......
hope all is well 8)

Hey buddy, I dey kampe...just been a lil busy, but I'm back now.
Thanks for studying with us, bruh!
Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: Who is Jesus

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:08 pm

This one is for your Sunday Refreshment....Enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIqRH1XB ... r_embedded
Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: Why Did God Destroy Sodom and Gomorroah?

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:02 pm

Food for Thoughts:

Sodom and Gomorrah - Bible Story Summary
Scripture Reference: Genesis 18:16-19:29.

When the two angels arrived at Sodom that evening, Abraham's nephew Lot met them at the city gate. Lot and his family lived in Sodom. He took the two men to his home and fed them.

Then all the men of the city surrounded Lot's house and said, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them." (Genesis 19:5, NIV) By ancient custom, the visitors were under Lot's protection. Lot was so infected by the wickedness of Sodom that he offered the homosexuals his two virgin daughters instead. Furious, the mob rushed up to break down the door.

The angels struck the rioters blind! Leading Lot, his wife, and two daughters by the hand, the angels hurried them out of the city. The girls' fiancés would not listen and stayed behind.

Lot and his family fled to a tiny village called Zoar. The Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah, destroying the buildings, the people, and all the vegetation in the plain.
Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: Urgent Prayer Request

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Dear Christian friends,

URGENT PRAYER NEEDED for cancellation of execution for Pastor Youcef in IRAN

This prayer chain is calling ALL Christians into action NOW on behalf of this Iranian pastor, who faces execution!

Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani never practiced the Muslim faith and converted to Christianity at age 19, becoming a pastor later. But the courts say that since his mother and father were practicing Muslims, he must recant his Christian faith or die. So far, in three court appearances, he has refused to do so - RISKING EXECUTION AT ANY MOMENT. The Iranian Supreme Court often acts quickly in administering the death penalty.
According to a report, when asked by judges to "repent," Youcef replied: "Repent, What should I return to? To the blasphemy that I had before my faith in Christ?"

The judges replied: "To the religion of your ancestors - Islam." To which Yousef replied: "I cannot."

It's time for the body of Christ to act, to pray, to plead for the life of our brother before Christ so that His servant may be spared.

This is what you are asked/called to do. As soon as you receive this email, PRAY IMMEDIATELY. Forward to your church so that its members may all pray too. Then forward this PRAYER REQUEST to every CHRISTIAN you know so that they may pray also. The Bible states, "If God is with us, who can stand against us."
Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: He's Risen! Yes, He's Risen Indeed!!!

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:55 pm

He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
Matthew 28: 6

The resurrection of Jesus Christ answered the age old question, "if a man dies shall he live again?" (Job 14:14). The resurrection of Jesus Christ took Christianity out of the realm of philosophy into the real of FACT of history.

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God which he promised beforehand through his prophets in the holy scriptures, the gospel concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh and designated Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord.
Roman 1:1-4

"Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs which God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know-- this Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men. But God raised him up, having loosed the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it.
Acts 2:22-24

if we are being examined today concerning a good deed done to a cripple, by what means this man has been healed, be it known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by him this man is standing before you well. This is the stone which was rejected by you builders, but which has become the head of the corner. And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
Acts 4: 9-12
Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: Chag Sameach! Happy Holidays!!

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Passover began at sundown, Friday, April 6th, and the Feast of First Fruits was Sunday, April 8th.

During The Feast of First Fruits (Lev. 23:9-14), the Israelite would take the first fruit of their spring harvest, offer it to God, and give Him thanks. Now, consider this: During the winter, in many areas upon the earth, there is little color or life that we see; but, when springtime comes, it is as if the dead earth supernaturally comes back to life, with flowers blooming and trees blossoming. On the Feast of First Fruits, the Israelite took the first of his spring harvest, from an earth that just a few weeks prior had looked dead and lifeless. He then waved the "first fruit" of his harvest before the LORD. In the same way, our Yeshua was dead, (even as the earth appears dead in the winter) but then, supernaturally, came back to life and ascended to the Father as "the first fruits of those raised from the dead" (1 Cor. 15:20,23). In Revelation 1:17, 18, Yeshua said, "… I was dead, and behold I am alive forevermore…"

Just as in ancient Israel, the whole harvest was accepted by God through the first fruit offering, so, too, we are accepted and loved by Father God through the First Fruits offering of Messiah Yeshua! Hallelujah! The Lord Jesus rose from the dead on the Feast of First Fruits, both fulfilling it and bringing it to its climax. Thank you Yeshua!

Happy Passover and First Fruits!
Rabbi & Cynthia Schneider,
Ministers Michael & Sherri Hardy
and the Discovering The Jewish Jesus Ministry Team
The LORD bless you and protect you!
The LORD deal kindly and graciously with you!
The LORD bestow His favor upon you and grant you peace!

(Numbers 6:24-26)
Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: Surviving your Wilderness

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun May 13, 2012 12:47 pm

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" So said Winston Churchill during one of the worst crises in world history. And these words of wisdom still apply to anyone passing through a trial today. Adversity does not have to become our destination. It can be a pathway to something greater.

Maybe you are passing through a difficult season in your life. Perhaps you feel spiritually dry and alone. You might feel as though your prayers are not being heard and you wonder if God even knows where you are. You are not alone. Millions of believers have passed through these troubled waters and experienced the same emotions. King David sang about the "deep sunless valley of the shadow of death." John of the Cross wrote of the "dark night of the soul." Even Jesus went through times of suffering when He had to offer "prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save Him from death" (Heb 5:7). People often refer to such seasons as, The Wilderness.

The wilderness is a hard place. But it's as crucial for our lives as it is painful. While a desert season feels terribly wrong, and loneliness and despair may seem to reign, God is with you and He desires to use the wilderness for your eternal good. To reap its benefits, however, you must understand its nature and purpose. That's the reason for this book. It will look to the Bible as a spiritual "Survival Guide" for the desert - the supreme source of wisdom both for enduring the wilderness, as well as navigating safely through it to God's promised destination.

But first things first. If you have not been born again into the family of God, then the wisdom that follows cannot apply to you. Before a person receives the mercy of God through faith in Jesus Christ, he or she is lost in a perpetual wilderness that stretches beyond this world and into the next. And there's no way out - except one: repent and believe the Gospel. Entering God's Kingdom by making Jesus your Lord and Savior makes you a child of the most loving, powerful, and wonderful Father. He knows how to guide and take care of you as you traverse life's journey, even when it leads you into a wilderness. His wisdom for the wilderness is what I want to explore in this book.

To do that I will adopt six tips survival experts give for those stranded in the wilderness. As you will see, the secrets for surviving a physical wilderness bear striking parallel to those for surviving a spiritual one:

Survival Tip #1 - Don't Panic
Survival Tip #2 - Assess Your Situation
Survival Tip #3 - Find Shelter
Survival Tip #4 - Build a Fire
Survival Tip #5 - Drink Water
Survival Tip #6 - Find Nourishment

Take time to prepare your heart now in prayer.
Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

SUNDAY REFRESHMENT: Surviving your Wilderness (Tip #2)

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:57 pm

TIP #2: ASSESS YOUR SITUATION - Part 2 (The Fellowship of the Saints)

The wilderness does not have to be a lonely place for a child of God. It's an expedition God means for us to travel in partnership with one another. Israel experienced Egypt, the Red Sea, and the Sinai deserts together as a very large family. "For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea…[into] the wilderness" (1 Cor 10:1-5). It's the same for us today.

God did not intend that the members of Christ's body suffer hardship alone. We belong to one another, and must feel one another's joys and pains. That is the nature of a body. "If one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it" (1 Cor 12:26). So during seasons of adversity, when pressure is unusually thick, emotions thin, and relief scarce, we need the strength of our spiritual family to help carry the weight of the burden. "Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ" (Gal 6:2).

During his congregation's spiritual wilderness, the author of Hebrews said, "Encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called ‘Today,' so that one of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin" (Heb 3:13). Once isolated in a spiritual desert, we become especially vulnerable to discouragement and deception.

Have you ever watched a wildlife documentary where lions are hunting, on the Serengeti for instance? You will often see how a lion waits for one of the poor creatures on the fringes to separate itself from the heard. The lion will single out the one who strays away from the group because the lion knows that there is safety in numbers – and the Devil knows this too. The Bible says that the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Those who isolate themselves become an easy meal for the Satan. In times of pain and hardship, without the support of the body, he knows that we can easily fall prey to his temptations and traps.

One day as I was reading about the "Armor of God" in Ephesians 6, I had a revelation. The passage tells us that God has provided armor for the head, the feet, the chest and the waist and He has also given us a shield and a sword. But then I saw something I had never noticed before - all the protection is facing forward – there is no armor protecting the back! At first I found this very peculiar and then suddenly verse 18 jumped out at me, "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance for all saints." This verse, which is mentioned in the context of the armor of God, says that we are supposed to be looking out for one another and defending each other in the battle. There is no back armor because we are supposed to have each other's backs. If God equipped us in such a way that we need others to watch our backs, then it is clear that He never intended that we go into battle alone. God created us to need one another. This is why If you are going through a trial, a battle or a barren season, you need to surround yourself with brothers and sisters who will pray for you and watch out for you with purpose and perseverance.

So when evaluating your resources, consider your spiritual family. Take stock of your closest comrades and harness the power of their presence and voice. Even the experts of physical survival emphasize this point. They encourage an appraisal of your team's gifts so everyone can contribute effectively to everyone else's survival. When we find ourselves in spiritual survival mode, we must do the same.
Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

Surprise: The Xtian Bible is actually a scientific book!

Postby Cyber Saint » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:07 pm

(from whoever atheismforum@yahoo.com is)

This is the most scientific book I've ever read and changed my perception.

Few people might be aware of this: There are passages in the Bible that coincide with scientific principles that weren't discovered by scientists until hundreds of years after the Bible had been written. Here are some examples:

Source: http://www.bible.ca/b-science-evidences.htm

1. The Bible said the earth is round and is suspended in space:

The earth is round!

You may be surprised to learn that the Bible revealed that the earth is round. Job 26:10, Prov 8:27, Isaiah 40:22, Amos 9:6. Today, we chuckle at the people of the fifteenth century who feared sailing because they thought they would fall over the edge of the flat earth. Yet the Bible revealed the truth in 1000 B.C. 2500 years before man discovered it for himself!

In various verses, the Bible says the earth is round and hangs in space. It took a long time for science to catch up and reach the same conclusions. Copernicus made the discovery in 1475. But the Bible always knew. Here are two related Bible verses that were written more than 2500 years ago, and more than 1000 years before Copernicus:

"He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth..." (Isaiah 40:22,NIV). (By the way, the Hebrew language at that time did not have a word for "sphere," only for "circle.")

"He spreads out the northern [skies] over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing" (Job 26:7, NIV).

"Paths of the sea" Matthew Maury (1806-1873) is considered the father of oceanography. He was bed-ridden during a serious illness and asked his son to read a portion of the Bible to him. While listening, he noticed the expression "paths of the sea" in Psalms 8:8. Upon his recovery, Maury took God at his word and went looking for these paths. We are indebted to his discovery of the warm and cold continental currents.

His book on oceanography is still considered a basic text on the subject and is still used in universities. Maury used the Bible as a
2. The Bible described the Hydrologic Cycle:

Revealed in the Bible: Job 36:27-28 The water cycle was not fully understood until about 30 B.C. by a Roman engineer named Marcus Vitruvius. Yet every aspect of the water cycle was fully revealed to mankind in 1600 B.C.! The Bible's description is in perfect harmony with modern science. Eccl 1:6-7; 11:3; Job 26:8; Amos 9:6. Vitruvius was 1600 years too late!

In various passages, the Bible describes a hydrologic cycle, the process by which clouds are formed, rain is produced and ground water is replenished. Science made the same discovery in the 1600s, long after the Bible passages were written. Here are the related Bible verses:

"He wraps up the waters in his clouds, yet the clouds do not burst under their weight" (Job 26:8, NIV).

"He draws up the drops of water, which distill as rain to the streams; the clouds pour down their moisture and abundant showers fall on mankind" (Job 36:27-28, NIV).

"The wind blows to the south and turns to the north; round and round it goes, ever returning on its course. All streams flow into the sea, yet the sea is never full. To the place the streams come from, there they return again" (Ecclesiastes 1:6-7, NIV).

3. The Bible stated that the stars cannot be counted: For centuries, scientists and astronomers thought they could count the precise number of stars in the universe. Brahe, for example, said there were 777. Kepler claimed the total was 1,005. Hipparchus said there were 1,022 stars. Ptolemy raised the number to 1,056. Eventually, scientists, including the great Galileo, concluded that the stars could not be numbered, just as the Bible had always claimed:

"I will make the descendants of David my servant and the Levites who minister before me as countless as the stars of the sky and as measureless as the sand on the seashore" (Jeremiah 33:22, NIV).

He took him outside and said, "Look up at the heavens and count the stars--if indeed you can count them." Then he said to him, "So shall your offspring be." (Genesis 15:5, NIV).

4. The Bible stated the existence of valleys and springs in the seas: Only until the past few hundred years did people have the technology to discover that there are deep valleys and fresh water springs in the oceans. But the Bible always knew:

"The valleys of the sea were exposed and the foundations of the earth laid bare at the rebuke of the Lord. . . " (2 Samuel 22:16, NIV).

"In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, on the seventeenth day of the second month--on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. " (Genesis 7:11, NIV).

5. The Bible stated that kind words and laughter are good for one's health: In recent years, American newspapers have published various reports that laughter releases chemicals within a person's body that can contribute to one's health. And, that depression and stress can weaken the immune system and contribute to various health problems. But, the Bible knew of the health virtues of laughter roughly 3000 years ago when the Bible's book of Proverbs was recorded:

"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." (Proverbs 16:24, NIV).

"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." (Proverbs 17:22, NIV).

6. The Bible stated that stars differ from one another centuries before scientists reached the same conclusion: Today we know that the stars in the skies are very different from one another, that they are made up of differing concentrations of different elements, and that they vary in their sizes, their ages and in their proximity to the earth. But the ancient people had no way to prove this. Even so, Paul, who received many insights from Jesus, wrote a passage about 2000 years ago in the Bible's book of 1 Corinthians that said that the stars in the heavens did indeed differ from one another:

"The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor." (1 Corinthians 15:41). God used "anesthesia" before it was even discovered:

gen. 2:21, "so the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep ; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs..."

God commanded the hebrews to cleanse themselves with fresh water even before the discovery of bacteria(God is in the tomorrow already!)

lev. 15:13, "...he must wash his clothes and bathe himself with fresh water, and he will be clean."

I am a nurse, and if we have patients with contagious disease or condition we isolate them. but God commanded this a long time ago:

lev. 13:46, "as long as he has the infection, he remains unclean. he must live alone . he must live outside the camp.

why do health officials quarantine infectious individuals? so they won't spread infection. God knew it even before they did!

The bible describes the precision of movement in the universe:

jer. 31:35, "thus says the Lord, who gives the sun for a light by day, the ordinances of the moon and the stars for a light by night, who disturbs the sea and its waves roar..."

The bible describes the circulation of atmosphere:

ecc. 1:6, "the wind goes toward the south and turns around to the north, the wind whirls about continually and comes again on its circuit."

The bible includes some principles of fluid dynamics:

job 28:25, "to establish the weight for a wind and apportion the waters by measure."

lev.17:11 describes the value of blood, "for the life of the flesh is in the blood..."

The bible describes something like a television, probably a satellite TV that will allow everyone to see a single event:

rev. 11:19, "...then those from the peoples, tribes, tongues and nations will see their dead bodies for three and one half days..."

6 DAY CREATION...

GOD WAS TAKING HIS TIME If a fair maiden kisses a frog which instantly changes into a handsome prince, we would call it a fairy tale. But if the change takes 40 million years, we call it evolution. We often hear that science has proved evolution. Nothing could be further from the truth. You see, people often confuse scientific fact with scientific theory. Current scientific theory does conflict with creation. But the facts of science do not! There are many scientists who fully accept Biblical creation. Surprised?

The theory of evolution says that over millions of years simple life forms (one celled creatures) slowly evolved into complex life forms (fish), and that one kind of animal evolved into another kind (ape to man). Genesis, on the other hand, says that all life forms were created in six, 24 hour days. Genesis chapter one states 10 times that life forms can only reproduce after their own kind (ape to ape, man to man).

All the observable facts of science strongly support the Bible's claim that it is impossible for one kind to reproduce a different kind. The truth is, there is absolutely no tangible evidence to support evolution from any area of science, just theory and a wild imagination!

But if the Bible is wrong and man actually did evolve in small graduations over a long period of time, we should find ample fossil evidence of links in intermediate stages of transition. For decades, evolutionists have searched for fossils of these links to prove biblical creation wrong. Although millions of fossils have been unearthed, not even one missing link has ever been found. Has it ever occurred to you that this is the reason why scientists refer to them as missing links?

Even Charles Darwin realized the difficulty missing links gave his theory. Darwin wrote in his book, Origin Of The Species, "Why, if species have descended from other species by fine graduation, do we not everywhere see innumerable transitional forms? Why is not all nature in confusion, instead of the species being, as we see them, well defined?" The reason we have never found any missing links is quite simple. Darwin's theory of evolution is wrong!

Experts tricked for 40 years! In 1912, Arthur Woodward announced to the world that he had found the missing link between ape and man. Piltdown Man, as he called it, consisted of a jaw bone and a piece of skull which he estimated to be over 500,000 years old! However, in 1953, when the new fluoride dating process was applied to the bones, scientists were shocked to learn that the jaw bone was less than 50 years old.

Only then did they notice that the bones and teeth had been treated with salts and filed to make them appear old and primitive. In other words, Piltdown Man was a complete fraud. Take note Bible student! The world's foremost scientific experts had been fooled for over 40 years! (Read 1 Corinthians 3:18-20.) For almost a half century, evolutionists pushed Piltdown Man in the faces of Bible believers as scientific proof we evolved from apes! Some proof!

In spite of over 100 years of intensive searching, the only place you will find a missing link today is in the colourful imagination of an evolutionist. Museums certainly don't have any! "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." (Gen 1:1) Have you ever considered that when God created the universe in six short 24 hour days, He may have been taking His time?

Although the Bible is not primarily a book of science, it does contain numerous scientific facts. We laugh at the scientific knowledge of just a hundred years ago. If man alone were the author of the Bible, we would expect to find many such humorous errors contained in it. However, if we examine the scientific data of the Bible and find it to be accurate to present-day knowledge, then we have powerful evidence for divine authorship.

The scientific facts we are about to examine are not only accurate, but were revealed thousands of years before man discovered them for himself. The Bible does not contain any errors typical of the time in which it was written. Would we expect anything less from a book written by God?

The Bible is a reliable book of genuine divine prophecy. You can trust it! The evidence presented here is just a tiny portion of the proofs available to establish the divine origin of the Bible. Yet, they are more than sufficient to prove the inspiration of the Bible. There will always be men who scoff at the Bible. You, however, can be confident when you read your Bible that God is the author, for it is written:

"We constantly thank God that when you received from us the word of God's message, you accepted it not as the word of men, but for what it really is, the word of God" (1 Thessalonians 2:13).

The Bible is the world's all-time best selling book. About 2.5 billion copies have been printed which are available in over 700 languages. Although the Bible has enjoyed such vast distribution and attention, it is read relatively little. Perhaps part of the reason the Bible is so neglected is the many doubts people have about this unique book. If the Bible came from the mouth of God, then the scriptures are believable when they speak of Jesus Christ and accurate when they touch the realm of science.

All scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16,17)

The word "inspired" (theopneustos) in the original Greek language literally means "God-breathed". When the Bible claims to be inspired, we understand therefore, that it came from the mouth of God. It is God-breathed, inspired.

But a skeptic will say, "Everyone knows the Bible was written by men! The book of 1 Corinthians, for example, was written by a man named Paul. After all, the very first verse bears his name as the "author." In reply to this we answer: "Yes, 1 Corinthians was written by Paul. Notice however, what Paul said in chapter 14, verse 37: "the things I write to you are the Lord's commandment."

Paul knew the source of his writings and understood that he was like a pen in the hand of Almighty God. We must not view the Bible as the word of Paul, Peter, or Jeremiah, but rather, as the message God revealed through these men just as it is written in Jeremiah 1:9,

Then the Lord stretched out his hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me, 'behold, I have put my words in your mouth'.

The Bible writers were not like news reporters giving their personal interpretation of events they eye-witnessed, but were divinely guided as 2 Peter 1:20-21 says,

Above all, you must understand that no prophesy of scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

God and man worked together in writing the scriptures. However, in this work, God is the author who dictated the message, and man is the writing instrument. Men were guided or inspired to write the exact message God wanted recorded in the Bible. Now that we have a fundamental understanding of inspiration and the origin of the Bible, let us look at some evidence of inspiration.

"We constantly thank God that when you received from us the word of God's message, you accepted it not as the word of men, but for what it really is, the word of God" (1 Thessalonians 2:13).
Cyber Saint
BSc
BSc

PreviousNext

Return to Osofo Joint (religion)