Basketball, Golf, Volleyball etc

Moderator: deciiva

Postby el Padrino » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:07 am

Charles H.I.C Sackey wrote:
Kofi Jolof wrote:
footprint wrote:
footprint wrote:this African dude is mighty.. yet no respect :)
Him and Luol Deng

i was watching the all stars a while back and saw the dude dunked the ball out of the free throw line...that was the greatest i,ve seen... yet no one even mentioned that on tv :roll: :idea:

He was robbed just like they robbed my boy Igoudala in a previous edition.

Ibaka should make first team all NBA as a center but they'll prolly give that to the coach killer Dwight Howard.

How is Ibaka going to be first team all NBA at center when he doesn't even play center for this team? Kendrick Perkins is their center; Ibaka plays power forward for the Thunder.

On an unrelated sidenote, Nazr Mohammed plays for the Thunder, and I'm pretty sure he's Ghanaian, or one or both of his parents is Ghanaian.

I'm too tired to explain to you why Ibaka should get in as a center but it happens all the time. Tim Duncan has been voted in several times as a center even though he's a PF.
Nazr Mohammed is not Ghanaian. His step dad is.
Massa Tim Duncan has never made All NBA 1st team as a center. I think he may have made the All Star game as a center although I don't remember. I know he got penciled in at center once and there was uproar cos everyone knew Yao Ming was gonna get it...or was it the Defensive team. :? :?
Last edited by el Padrino on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
el Padrino
Phd
Phd

Postby dr.luv » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:09 am

Kofi Jolof wrote:
footprint wrote:
Him and Luol Deng

i was watching the all stars a while back and saw the dude dunked the ball out of the free throw line...that was the greatest i,ve seen... yet no one even mentioned that on tv :roll: :idea:

Ibaka should make first team all NBA as a center but they'll prolly give that to the coach killer Dwight Howard.

How is Ibaka going to be first team all NBA at center when he doesn't even play center for this team? Kendrick Perkins is their center; Ibaka plays power forward for the Thunder.

On an unrelated sidenote, Nazr Mohammed plays for the Thunder, and I'm pretty sure he's Ghanaian, or one or both of his parents is Ghanaian.

I'm too tired to explain to you why Ibaka should get in as a center but it happens all the time. Tim Duncan has been voted in several times as a center even though he's a PF.

never say things you don't know.
dr.luv
BSc
BSc

Postby el Padrino » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:10 am

afadi wrote:
Kofi Jolof wrote:
footprint wrote:
Him and Luol Deng

His mother was Ghanaian.
read an article that both his parents were Ghanaian actually.
el Padrino
Phd
Phd

Postby 4th_Official » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:41 am

seriously? Ladies, why doesn't someone simply just google the guys background and end this, "I think," "I read", "I feel", which seems like it will turn into a fight in a second? :oops: :oops:
4th_Official
MSc
MSc

Postby Kofi Jolof » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:53 am

captain_fred wrote:seriously? Ladies, why doesn't someone simply just google the guys background and end this, "I think," "I read", "I feel", which seems like it will turn into a fight in a second? :oops: :oops:

So Fred don't you think "I read" can be what they read from a Google search? The truth is one can't always rely on online sources as there as so many sites borrowing from others without real journalism etc. Take wikipedia for example..not all pages are verified...heck our own Deciiva once had his own wikipedia entry :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kofi Jolof
MSc
MSc

Postby 4th_Official » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:02 am

Kofi Jolof wrote:
captain_fred wrote:seriously? Ladies, why doesn't someone simply just google the guys background and end this, "I think," "I read", "I feel", which seems like it will turn into a fight in a second? :oops: :oops:

So Fred don't you think "I read" can be what they read from a Google search? The truth is one can't always rely on online sources as there as so many sites borrowing from others without real journalism etc. Take wikipedia for example..not all pages are verified...heck our own Deciiva once had his own wikipedia entry :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chale I know, but no one seems to be certain about what they are saying, think or read. Not to mention they are not providing sources. Internet might be filled with crap, but there's plenty of good hidden beneath somewhere. I'd like to assume there are enough graduates up in here to know whether a source is good or not, abi? :wink:

@ Deciiva :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: you make I kai the MSN chat with Quincy
4th_Official
MSc
MSc

Postby Niikwame » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:06 am

afadi wrote:
Kofi Jolof wrote:
footprint wrote:
Him and Luol Deng

His mother was Ghanaian.

both parents

U know he played for the Knicks at one time :wink:
Niikwame
BSc
BSc

Postby afadi » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:49 am

el Padrino wrote:
afadi wrote:
Kofi Jolof wrote:
footprint wrote:
Him and Luol Deng

His mother was Ghanaian.
read an article that both his parents were Ghanaian actually.

Yep. I meant in addition to his father, so was his mom. Very good friends of my uncle in Chi-town. Kid is humble as all get out. Even showed up to a few Chi-town Ghanaian funerals from what I hear.
afadi
MSc
MSc

Previous

Return to Other Sports