Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

BREAKING NEWS: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala named World Bank Presiden

Discuss investment opportunies in Ghana and other financial issues

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

BREAKING NEWS: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala named World Bank Presiden

Postby azumabi » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:04 am

BREAKING NEWS: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala named World Bank President
Today, Nigeria set her foot in the sands of time, making history and making the whole of Africa proud by Producing the First-ever World Bank President from Africa. Our own daughter-of-the-soil Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is to direct world economy. As from today Nigeria will have a greater say in the World Bank, and consequently the vision 2020 will now become a more visible possibility for Nigeria.

Latest reports reaching us in the early hours of today revealed that. Dr. Jim Yong Kim, a South Korea-born, naturalised American and President Barack Obama’s nominee who was a strong contender for the post yesterday night withdrew from the race to become the new world Bank president sighting fears of him being not capable for the position, due to personal issues that he's currently facing with his family.

Kim, who is the President (Vice-Chancellor) of Dartmouth College, New Hampshire and reputed as a global expert on health matters. said "Its sad to admit it, but i must say this is the end of the road for me now, i have to be accountable for what goes on in my home first before i direct world affairs"

In an unexpected development, Jose Antonio Ocampo, former finance minister of Colombia and the Ngozi's other opponent declared on National Televison, RCN TV that he has decided to step down for Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, therefore she became the only candidate for world bank precidency.

she will now take over from current President, Robert B. Zoellick

In a phone call conversation with newsmen in the early hours of today, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala couldnt hide her joy in what she described as "Destiny finally fulfilled"

"I have a God who never fails, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob never fails me. i am so happy" she said. aprilfool, stated that...
azumabi
SSS
SSS

Postby Empire of Victory » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:10 am

Well her candidacy is a joke so why not make it an April fools joke.

IMF to Europe

World Bank to the USA...

Do you think this has happened by accident every single time??

She should get away from this donkey job and work on Nigeria's economy!!
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Location: Winners Club: It's about winning!! We are the New Black Stars an African Footballing Empire!

Postby Too $hort » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Being president of one of the most oppressive forces in the history of mankind is something to celebrate ??????
Too $hort
BSc
BSc

Postby Slik » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:49 pm

I don't believe anything i hear or read today.
Slik
BSc
BSc

Postby Q' lypse » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Too $hort wrote:Being president of one of the most oppressive forces in the history of mankind is something to celebrate ??????
oh massa
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc

Postby Q' lypse » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:01 pm

Slik wrote:I don't believe anything i hear or read today.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc

Postby Lion_O_Judah » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:03 pm

Q' lypse wrote:
Too $hort wrote:Being president of one of the most oppressive forces in the history of mankind is something to celebrate ??????
oh massa

Swooooooooosh. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Lion_O_Judah
MSc
MSc

Postby Dovifat » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:03 pm

Her appointment wouldn't be that much of a surprise. The Obama candidate as well as the guy from Latin America were pretty much shot down already for mostly dubious ideological reasons. Not that many options left then...
Dovifat
BSc
BSc

Postby Lion_O_Judah » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:04 pm

Dovifat wrote:Her appointment wouldn't be that much of a surprise. The Obama candidate as well as the guy from Latin America were pretty much shot down already for mostly dubious ideological reasons. Not that many options left then...

:P :P :oops: :oops:
Lion_O_Judah
MSc
MSc

Postby S'bribi » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:30 pm

The time for Africa has come. Yes we can!
S'bribi
Taking A-level
Taking A-level

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala named World Bank Pres

Postby truemamamia » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:35 pm

[quote="azumabi"]BREAKING NEWS: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala named World Bank President
Today, Nigeria set her foot in the sands of time, making history and making the whole of Africa proud by Producing the First-ever World Bank President from Africa. Our own daughter-of-the-soil Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is to direct world economy. As from today Nigeria will have a greater say in the World Bank, and consequently the vision 2020 will now become a more visible possibility for Nigeria.

Latest reports reaching us in the early hours of today revealed that. Dr. Jim Yong Kim, a South Korea-born, naturalised American and President Barack Obama’s nominee who was a strong contender for the post yesterday night withdrew from the race to become the new world Bank president sighting fears of him being not capable for the position, due to personal issues that he's currently facing with his family.

Kim, who is the President (Vice-Chancellor) of Dartmouth College, New Hampshire and reputed as a global expert on health matters. said "Its sad to admit it, but i must say this is the end of the road for me now, i have to be accountable for what goes on in my home first before i direct world affairs"

In an unexpected development, Jose Antonio Ocampo, former finance minister of Colombia and the Ngozi's other opponent declared on National Televison, RCN TV that he has decided to step down for Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, therefore she became the only candidate for world bank precidency.

she will now take over from current President, Robert B. Zoellick

In a phone call conversation with newsmen in the early hours of today, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala couldnt hide her joy in what she described as "Destiny finally fulfilled"

"I have a God who never fails, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob never fails me. i am so happy" she said. aprilfool, stated that...[/quote]

Nevertheless I hope he clinches the position
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Return to Susu