Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

French or others behind Mali conflict??

Politics in Ghana

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse, Dr Vyrus

French or others behind Mali conflict??

Postby Empire of Victory » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:26 pm

Every paper I read about this there is a Tuareg representative of the rebel group in France. Why has he not been arrested ??
Last edited by Empire of Victory on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Location: Winners Club: I hate losing and I hate losers, get out of my face if you are a loser;we came to win!

Postby Mid 20s » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:06 am

Has he committed a crime?

It will be interesting to see how far this Azawad (Tuareg) independence movement goes. The area they are a fighting for a homeland in is pretty much desert (in the north). I read that 85% of Mali's population lives in the southern portion of the country. Tuaregs have had armed clashes with the Malian government in the past.
Mid 20s
BSc
BSc

Postby Empire of Victory » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:10 am

Well he is a spokesman for a terrorist group!

If an Al Qaeda representative who had killed people in France was speaking from Mali would they not want him arrested??

There is nothing I hate more than to see a stable country destabilized.
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Location: Winners Club: I hate losing and I hate losers, get out of my face if you are a loser;we came to win!

Postby Mid 20s » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:12 pm

? wrote:Well he is a spokesman for a terrorist group!

If an Al Qaeda representative who had killed people in France was speaking from Mali would they not want him arrested??

There is nothing I hate more than to see a stable country destabilized.

I do see what your saying.... it does cast suspicion on the French government but I just don't see what benefits are in it for France to destabilize a country in a region which they consider part of their sphere of influence. Tuaregs are nomadic and mostly illiterate...the area they are fighting for is desert land and barren. Azawad is going to be another Somalia or Niger where they can't even feed themselves. Why would France support these bandits are they trying to foment racial tension? or they are just trying to further fragment West Africa? If they are behind this, it doesn't seem like there is economic or strategic interests at play.
Mid 20s
BSc
BSc

Postby Empire of Victory » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:33 pm

The Malians Seem to believe the Mauritanians are behind it? I don't think so but, who knows!

http://af.reuters.com/article/topNews/i ... dChannel=0

Could this be an agenda from Saudi Arabia or elsewhere to annex Northern Mali to another region?

After all after Mauritania left ECOWAS under strange conditions and yet have never left the Arab league!! Could Saudi and Qatar be behind all this???

I've never understood leaving a regional organization to join one which geographically makes very little sense! The common currency agenda which they claim pushed them out was an agenda which never passed. Thank goodness since it was a donkey agenda which would have made what happened in Ivory Coast possible all over West Africa!

I am still working on finding the Agenda of the Tuareg rebels Right now I have narrowed it down to !
1) French
2) Saudi Arabia who are the new powerhouse in the Arab world after Egypt has been destabilized!! So the Saudi/Qatari Mafia may very well be behind this!!

:lol:
Would the Tuareg be interested in joining the Arab league??? If they left Mali would they join ECOWAS or leave the region???

That could help explain the agenda if that is what it is!!

Also why are they fighting in Mali only and not other countries. What does Mali have that interests them so much as to want to fight there? That could also explain the agenda!
Last edited by Empire of Victory on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Postby Empire of Victory » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:53 am

Looked some more and it is definitely likely Saudi/Qatari or some other interests.

Who created Al Qaeda? Whoever created and funded it is likely behind the agenda.... Where is Al Qaeda's base in West Africa???

Look at the red spot!
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/me ... 1-0&size=l

BTW, SMH at Northern Nigeria joining Al Qaeda!

Disgraceful ANIMAL behavior!!

I don't think the Mauritanians are behind it as some Malians believe and it is not in their interest as they hate Al Qaeda more than the next guy.
Last edited by Empire of Victory on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Postby Palacas » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:24 pm

Palacas
SSS
SSS

Postby Empire of Victory » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:39 pm

I think NATO may be the better word than AFRICOM. Most of the interests in Mali are French interests...

Al Qaeda in Northern West Africa is in all likelihood funded by Saudi's who fund a majority of Al Qaeda's activities.

They joined up with NATO in Libya and may do it again!! Won't be shocked if the ultimate agenda is to mess up the territorial integrity of West Africa!! Fair warning to anyone trying though we won't allow it.
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Postby Empire of Victory » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:32 am

Read this:

"The MNLA's negative stance toward the president's programme has not been helpful either. The argument that most of Mali is not very prosperous makes no sense from a Tuareg perspective. Why should they compare themselves to a country they do not feel part of? They prefer to look towards South Algeria, Libya and Saudi Arabia: prosperous desert countries. The continued failure to generate economic development musters further support for national independence. "

http://allafrica.com/stories/201202281157.html

Exactly what I expected from these donkeys! It won't happen!!

national independence to create an Al Qaeda country out of mainly Mali's territory!
YOU DONKEYS!!! Won't happen! ECOWAS has 250 million people and a regional economy of over half a trillion dollars. You are 1.25 million using Junk from Gaddafi's arsenal that NATO enabled you to have. Use your brain! Who is funding these criminals! SAUDIS! Most funding from Al Qaeda is from Saudi Arabians who created the organization! So whose interest are they really fighting for??

Now they are calling for Sharia??

Seriously??

Independence??
http://articles.boston.com/2012-03-17/n ... ebel-group

You will never get it and ECOWAS will never recognize you.

ECOWAS is the most powerful regional organization in Africa with the most countries and people. Try something funny and see what happens.
Last edited by Empire of Victory on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Postby Empire of Victory » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:44 am

Correct response!!

http://www.trust.org/alertnet/news/back ... lls-region

Well DONE! Tell those meddling and using some Tuareg donkeys to say out of ECOWAS internal affairs!! You may be able to turn Libya into an Al Qaeda country but, ECOWAS affairs if we all get involved will get ugly!!

Just saying.

The rebels ranting also shows they are not very intelligent. Do they know how much oil the countries they want to be like have?? With all the instability they are creating how can the gov. even search for oil?? I am sure if one searched well enough all the countries in the Sahel region of West Africa would have oil.
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Postby Empire of Victory » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Interesting analysis: Big missing thing is the BIG ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!

ECOWAS!!!

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinio ... 76463.html

All this assumes 240 million West Africans won't jump in and stomp them like roaches if they try something. 2 million vs. 240 million.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be careful what you believe!!

The trash they have is nothing compared to what the regional military apparatus has and COULD have based on economy alone. When you add human resources it is not even close!!!

They are wasting their time and the Saudi-Qatari mafia they are following will only lead em to death!!

Funny part of the article:

Indeed, the MNLA has said that the reason why AQIM is protected by both Algeria and Mali is because AQIM is a cover for the massive, billion-dollar, cocaine trafficking industry that is controlled by rogue elements in the political-military elites of both countries and which has turned Mali into a "narco-state".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mali-Algeria-South America UNITE for massive drug trafficking.

This donkey writer has an agenda but, this is funny!!
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Postby Empire of Victory » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:45 am

Am I really this focking brilliant!!

NMLA want France and Qatar to be the preferred mediators in the conflict.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201203201295.html
IDIOTIC Donkeys this is ECOWAS affairs and both have no place mediating anything!!

DOGS!!!

These DONKEYS thought they were smart! Seriously??

Kwaseafuo! They should know we are much smarter than them and their Qatari/French masters!!!
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Postby Palacas » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:36 pm

Mali soldiers mutiny in Bamako after army protest

Heavy gunfire has taken place in the centre of Mali's capital after armoured vehicles sealed off the presidential palace.

The BBC's Alou Diawara, in Bamako, says state TV is off air and troops are in and around the station's headquarters.

It follows growing discontent among government troops as the Malian army struggles to contain advancing Tuareg rebels in the north of the country.

Earlier, soldiers were protesting about the lack of arms in their campaign.

AFP news agency has reported that troops have stormed the headquarters of the state broadcasting company.

Earlier in the day, soldiers fired in the air as the country's defence minister started a tour of military barracks, just north of the capital Bamako.

The protest prompted an immediate strengthening of security around the presidential palace, with armoured vehicles sealing off the building.

Troops are also reportedly opposed to any potential talks with the rebels.

Earlier this week Ecowas, the West African regional organisation, urged its member states to support Mali with military equipment and logistics.

A presidential election is due to take place in the country in just under a month.

The government has so far refused to postpone the poll, despite the current unrest involving Tuareg-led rebels.
Palacas
SSS
SSS

Postby Fuseini Etwebiri » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:03 pm

Malians are behind mali conflict. for how long will Africans allow themselves to be used by europeans
Fuseini Etwebiri
BSc
BSc

Postby Empire of Victory » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:37 pm

The West are biased. They have armed Mauritania to the teeth but, would not give the same Arms to Mali!! Instability is due to Nato but, they won't help Mali defend itself! I guess ECOWAS has to do it!

Bunch of DOGS those interfere in other affairs!

Mali and Mauritania should form an alliance and stop the criminals once and for all. ECOWAS should make sure that the regions integrity stays in tact and non criminal pushes even an inch out of the region!!
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Postby Empire of Victory » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:13 pm

New IDEA: This is an election year after-all!

Is all this a inside job by the president to stay in power??

IS Amadou Toumani Toure another president hoping to stay at all cost??

I don't believe so but, by their deeds you shall know them!! Either way he is a Democrat in the Heart of West Africa so, I doubt he would want to stay in power unearned!! :wink:
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Postby Dr Vyrus » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:06 am

I hear there is a coup in Mali true?
Dr Vyrus
MSc
MSc

Postby Palacas » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:43 am

? wrote:New IDEA: This is an election year after-all!

Is all this a inside job by the president to stay in power??

IS Amadou Toumani Toure another president hoping to stay at all cost??

I don't believe so but, by their deeds you shall know them!! Either way he is a Democrat in the Heart of West Africa so, I doubt he would want to stay in power unearned!! :wink:

I don't think so, he says he's not running and the election won't be delayed I tend to believe him :)
Palacas
SSS
SSS

Postby Palacas » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:51 am

Dr Vyrus wrote:I hear there is a coup in Mali true?

looks like they tried

Mali soldiers attack presidency in apparent coup bid

An apparent coup bid was under way in Mali Wednesday as mutinous soldiers attacked the presidency after seizing the state broadcaster in anger over government handling of an insurgency in the north.

An announcement on national radio and television indicated that one of the rebel officers would shortly address the nation amid alarm and calls for calm from abroad.

As sustained gunfire rang out at the palace, one of the mutineers told AFP the situation was "largely to our advantage on the ground at the palace."
"We are hearing more sustained gunfire around the palace," one witness said, noting the use of brightly-burning tracer bullets. Another noted "flames coming from the south of the presidency."

Elite paratroopers known as the "Red Berets" had taken up positions around government buildings late in the afternoon, but were called back to defend the presidency, where an advisor to President Amadou Toumani Toure said earlier that the head of state was holed up.

Toure, himself a former soldier who led the ouster of president-for-life Moussa Traore in 1991 before handing power to civilians, won the election in 2002 and is due to step down in April after serving two presidential terms.
Ever since the country, which has battled successive Tuareg rebellions since independence and more recently Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) activities, has been hailed as a growing democratic success in the region.

The Tuareg, many of whom fled drought and discontent under a southenr government to work and fight for Moamer Kadhafi in Libya, returned heavily armed and battle-experienced after that country's conflict last year.

They organised under the Azawad National Liberation Movement (MNLA) and in mid-January launched a fresh rebellion for independence of what they call Azawad, their stomping ground which makes up the vast desert northern triangle of the bow-tie shaped nation.

Anger has grown in recent weeks over the government's handling of the conflict in which the Tuareg attacks have caused up to 200,000 people to flee.

While no official death toll is available, many soldiers are believed to have died in the fighting.

Wednesday's turmoil erupted when newly-appointed Defence Minister Sadio Gassama visited the Kati military camp some 15 kilometres (nine miles) from the capital to appease tensions over the ongoing insurgency.
His efforts failed and soldiers protested, firing shots into the air as they demanded proper weapons with which to face the rebels.

"We want ammunition to go and fight the Tuareg rebels. Enough is enough," a corporal at the Kati camp told AFP.

"The defence minister came to Kati, but he failed to convince us."
Soldiers took to the capital, firing shots wildly into the air and sending people running in all directions as panic grew.

They then occupied the Malian Radio-Television Office (ORTM) at around 1630 GMT, firing off rounds inside the building.

We are tired of the situation in the north", griped by a Tuareg rebellion, a soldier told AFP among the melee.

A government official from Gao in the north-east, said soldiers in the military camp there had also "fired shots into the air to protest against the hierarchy."

The United Nations, France and the United States expressed alarm at unfolding events and urged a peaceful resolution to the crisis.

"The situation is currently unclear and unfolding quickly," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said, urging US citizens to stay indoors.

"We believe that grievances should be addressed through dialogue, not through violence," she said.

Anger has been simmering over government's perceived weak response and in February violent protests broke out as the wives and families of those fighting the rebels took to the streets.

Ill-equipped against the heavily armed Tuareg, in some cases soldiers abandoned their barracks in smaller towns as they withdrew to defend larger targets in the vast, desert zone.

An Islamist group calling itself Ansar Dine, Defenders of Faith, is fighting alongside the MNLA and has demanded the imposition of Islamic Sharia law across Mali -- a goal not supported by the larger movement.

On March 13, Ansar Dine released a video showing images of dead soldiers as well as about 30 who were taken prisoner.

A nomadic community of some 1.5 million people, Tuareg of various tribes are scattered between Algeria, Burkina Faso, Libya, Niger and Mali.

Mali and Niger experienced uprisings as the Tuareg fought for recognition of their identity and an independent state in the 1960s, 1990s and early 2000, with a resurgence between 2006 and 2009.
Palacas
SSS
SSS

Postby Empire of Victory » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:00 am

When your president is a donkey and sends you to battle criminals with bows and arrows this is what happens!!!
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Next

Return to Politics