Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

HU Can Create Miracles ln Your Life

All about God and Gods

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

Postby OPIAMENSA » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:22 am

quophi aletse wrote: ..... are u saying the african should get back to the authentic african religions
... No. I do not prescribe worship/religion. However, I'd be proud if Africans worshipped African-made Gods instead foreign-made Gods like Yahweh, Allah etc. Why? Because to me religion is like the smell of sh!t. It is easy to sit in ones steamy stinky stench but harder to smell the stench from another person's steaming stinker.
quophi aletse wrote:and also god is a word that means something different to different many people ..... so it is not just within religious circles ..... that is the core of my initial participation in this discussion .....
I think that word has been usurped by religionists. I would use alternate words.

quophi aletse wrote: everything is everywhere in this discussion ..... im not sure of the underlining factors when i read deeper into ur responses ......
if you stopped hitting your head against the wall you'd see my drift. Nuff Respect for your views. And I mean it!
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:14 am

How are the Spiritual Exercises of ECK (contemplation) different from prayer and meditation?
Beyond prayer is contemplation.

Contemplation is a method that enables you to begin to go out and actively explore the inner worlds of your own being. It is different than meditation, a passive state in which the practitioner goes within and just quietly waits for the light.

One contemplative technique is to read something inspirational—a biblical verse or a passage from the ECK writings—then shut your eyes and look inwardly, very gently, at the form of an ECK Master, Jesus, or any figure you feel is a spiritual traveler. Ask to be shown the truth. You can ask for love, wisdom, and understanding, but something greater than these three things, which are only attributes of God, is to ask for the realization of God.
FAQ
www.eckankar.org
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Re: HU Can Create Miracles ln Your Life

Postby k.sankofa » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:24 am

i tried it, sang hu; it didn't work!
k.sankofa
BSc
BSc

Postby Q' lypse » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:24 pm

k.sankofa wrote:i tried it, sang hu; it didn't work!
im not sure but i think maybe you have to be initiated first
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby quophi aletse » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:08 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sing wat ur heart calls u to sing sankofa ....

what is ur heart calling u to sing now?? tuabodom by praye or koobi aware3 by AYONKO ASIWA GROUP?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter

Postby k.sankofa » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:22 pm

oh quophi, eckankar nyame no answer prayers ooo :lol: just being open-minded and giving it a try. perhaps what i desire is out of eck nyame's scope . . . and please don't go philosophical on my a$$. if you type one of your thesis i ain't gonna read :lol: :lol:

koobi aware3 any day!! :lol: :lol:

@ 'lypso, massa me p3 me de3 ntem, no time for initiation :roll: you dig :lol:
k.sankofa
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:42 pm

l will share a little personal experience that may throw some light on singing HU.
l first heard about HU somewhere around 1987.l told a few friends about this word.4 of us started chanting HU 10 to 15 minutes daily.They started having experiences.
1987 as the first time of hearing HU isn't exactly true.l remember as a child going to the farm with my grandmother and uncle.The practice is to chant a long HU to locate someone in the forest.lt was explained to me that it was not safe to call out people's names in the forest as evil spirits could intercept and cause havoc.A safe way to find lost persons or establish your location was to sing HU.This sounded like whooooooooooo.
l understand the same practice takes place among fishermen.
l don't know where our forebears got this practice from.
l remember one friend while chanting HU heard a pop(sound of openning a bottle of wine) in his ears.This made his jump.Later,l understood it was one of the sounds one hears before/during Soul leaving the body.
Another friend during singing HU felt like being lifted from his sit.l was the only person in the group not having any experience.l decided to redouble my effort.l was dying to find out if what l read and heard about this ancient and sacred word of God was indeed true.
lt took me many weeks.l was pushing.And the funny thing was when it happened,l was frightened.l later understood too there was ABSOLUTELY nothing to fear about singing HU.
HU is a love song to God.lt is a word anyone can use to open the heart to love,divine love.
lt is not very common to hear people noticing results the few times they sing HU.Like many things in life,you do it with sincerity and some perseverance to chalk success or result.
l must quickly add that to sing HU and find out it doesn't work may be a far better place to be than criticise and speculate about it without trying.
Qlypse,HU is for the world.HU can be used by anyone for spiritual upliftment.You don't have to be initiated into anything to use HU.
When l say HU works,my authority for saying that is personal.lt works for me.lt may work for you.
And l like the angle Quophi took on the matter.lf HU doesn't work and you want to try another word,why not?.Jesus,Tigare,Akonedi,Aum,Shanti or even your own name.
Stick with what works for you basically.
l will not for the life of me criticise something l have no knowledge about.lt is scientific.lt doesn't make sense to throw darts at something you don't know or haven't tried.
lf eg after chanting Jesus for 10 years,l come to say there is nothing in that name,l would be saying it standing on firm ground.lt could even then be argued that l was singing it wrongly or my heart was not into it.
l hope lm making a bit of sense here.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:58 pm

k.sankofa wrote:oh quophi, eckankar nyame no answer prayers ooo :lol: just being open-minded and giving it a try. perhaps what i desire is out of eck nyame's scope . . . and please don't go philosophical on my a$$. if you type one of your thesis i ain't gonna read :lol: :lol:

koobi aware3 any day!! :lol: :lol:

There's a story about a guy driving home after a short trip.A few miles from home,he realised the petrol gauge was on empty.He didn't check this before setting out.
lt was dark and he was worried the car wld stall and prevent him from reaching home.He decided to sing HU.He was asking for divine intevention.
While sing HU,an inner voice suddenly asked him...."Do you want God or Gas?"
This experience taught him that HU is a non directional prayer.HU is not God give me this,God give me that prayer.
He should have checked his petrol gauge before setting out.He got home alright.But the experience taught him a valuable lesson.
Your illness may be due to the poor diet.Laying of hands may cure the symptoms.But the illness will remain or crop up later.
The true miracle is taking charge of your diet.
Singing HU may not give you what you want.However singing HU can bringing you all you need to make you a better person;a better being.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Q' lypse » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:20 am

quophi aletse wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sing wat ur heart calls u to sing sankofa ....

what is ur heart calling u to sing now?? tuabodom by praye or koobi aware3 by AYONKO ASIWA GROUP?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
waa hw3
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby Q' lypse » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:27 am

k.sankofa wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: to where? where r u goin with it? in a hurry to where? :lol:
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby Q' lypse » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:31 am

OPIAMENSA wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:ehi Opia, na asem ben koraa ni

Odo y3 wu . 3y3 religion.
woannhw3 ne yie a wonnhu no yie.
btw did you post the picture a black-faced Michael Jackson on another thread on this forum. Maybe it is on this very thread.

That image is is close to the Michael image (minus the pointy nose) I prefer
yes, its in a different topic. I used that image because that was the face he came to the world with before beliefs, opinions and diseases took over that body. Just like children we come to the world innocent of all the nonsense beliefs but soon, people get to us, give us things to believe in and we lose ourselves.
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby Q' lypse » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:38 am

OPIAMENSA wrote: If I am able to give someone an aha moment that is just fine with me. I do not need 'hoi polloi' 'followers', 'admirers' etc. etc.
very good point and i live by this.

OPIAMENSA wrote:Let me share a personal story. My adult children and I recently visited a friend from my high school days. After name introductions, he asked me if my children have 'English' names. I quickly replied, “I will tell you their 'English' names if you can you show me an 'English' man who has given his children African names.” He did not seem happy with my response, however he called me a few days later and confessed that he had not thought through this whole English name thing.
the whole name thing is the biggest symbol of how Africans are lost, and mentally chained. I remember I was watching one documentary which was set in a deep forest of Uganda or some African country. Even in the deep forest, far from civilization, the villagers have European names :shock: . Ehi!! we r finished
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby Q' lypse » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:41 am

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
Qlypse,HU is for the world.HU can be used by anyone for spiritual upliftment.You don't have to be initiated into anything to use HU.
ok
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Previous

Return to Osofo Joint (religion)