Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

NexusHD2-ICS-CM9 is my first CM9 Mod ROM built from the sour

Computers, Internet, software, technology, etc

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

NexusHD2-ICS-CM9 is my first CM9 Mod ROM built from the sour

Postby Ameys » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:58 pm

of the samuaz's git repository. (Big thanks to samuaz.)
•Include Android 4.0.3 CM9. (All current CM9 works, Enhanced Power Menu, Power Notification Widget, Trebucket Launcher, T9 Dialer, etc.)
•Include tytung's 2.6.32.15 ICS kernel r1.
•Include tytung's ICS ramdisk (initrd.gz).
•Include the required proprietary binary files and the HD2-specific files from my AOSP GB ROM (i.e. NexusHD2-Gingerbread).
•Credits: tytung, samuaz, texasice, firesnatch, ankuch, rapmv78, romanbb, the CM and Evervolv teams, etc.
You can find the SD version in the SD thread.

Screenshots:Image Image

Features:
•All Android 4.0.3 features (Multi-Languages)
•CM9 WIP - available features are as follows:•Enhanced Power Menu w/ Reboot and Screenshot options, etc.
•Power Notification Widget
•Trebucket Launcher
•T9 Dialer
•Keep app back button in Developer options

•Root, busybox, zipalign, init.d scripts, etc.
•AdFree hosts file
•HSDPA icon
•Facebook contact sync
•Unicode support for SMS/MMS

Downloads:
•MAGLDR ROM: NexusHD2-ICS-CM9_V1.2.zip | mirror1 | mirror2 | (No more mirror please. Thanks.)
md5sum: CB28D2095630603FDBAB6FEEEBF01413
•cLK kernel: NexusHD2-Kernel_2.6.32.15_tytung_ics_r1-cLK-update.zip.
•MAGLDR kernel:NexusHD2-Kernel_2.6.32.15_tytung_ics_r1-MAGLDR-update.zip. (Default in this ROM.)

Please read the NexusHD2-ICS-CM9 Q&A document before asking any questions. (Thanks geenyous for organizing these Q&A to avoid the repeated questions.)
Please visit the NexusHD2-ICS-CM9 A2SD Discussion thread for how to increase the internal storage size, and post all the a2sd questions in this thread. Thanks.

Installations:
•Please use at least 200MB system partition and at least 2MB cache partition.•Please refer to ksubedi's HD2 NAND Toolkit and/or mskip's guide.
•Cache partition (/dev/block/mtdblock4) is only used by CWM.
•Cache partition size is not important because the data partition (/dev/block/mtdblock5) is used as the cache space when running Android.
•If your HD2 has bad NAND blocks, you may need larger partitions.

•Wipe•Wipe Data/Factory Reset while doing a fresh install. (Optional: delete /sdcard/Android folder or format your SD card if you have any strange issue.)
•Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache while upgrading and wanting to retain data.

•Flash this ROM.•MAGLDR: Flash NexusHD2-ICS-CM9_V1.2.zip, then reboot.
•  cLK  : Flash NexusHD2-ICS-CM9_V1.2.zip and the cLK kernel, then reboot.

Extra Downloads:
•Enable/Disable the stock size of the virtual soft keys (i.e. the on-screen virtual button):•Flash framework-res-apk_v403cm9_without_softkeys.zip (Default)
•Flash framework-res-apk_v403cm9_with_softkeys.zip (To fix the overlay of the softkeys and the keyboard, install ICS keyboard from the Market or get the apk here.)

•About the mobile data connection types: RMNET V.S. PPP.•Bootloader MAGLDR supports both RMNET and PPP. I set RMNET as default for MAGLDR ROM because stock Android only supports RMNET.
•Bootloader cLK only supports PPP.
•RMNET is more stable than PPP. (Some PPP users have data drop issues.) However PPP may be faster for some users.
•Flash RMNET_to_PPP_update.zip if you prefer PPP on MAGLDR.

•Flash Battery Percentage Mod if required.

•Flash ICS Softkeys Mod (smaller size of the virtual soft keys) if required.

Working:
•Phone
•Audio
•SMS
•Data: 3G/HSDPA
•Wi-Fi (Support IEEE 802.1x/EAP authentication and Ad-Hoc Wi-Fi.)
•Bluetooth
•GPS/AGPS
•Touchscreen
•Vibration
•Charging
•All sensors
•Wired earphone/headphone
•Data usage
•Hardware Acceleration (Hacked)
•Software video codecs
•WiFi signal strength icon
•USB Mass Storage
•Camera (Please visit rapmv78's thread for more info.)
•WiFi Tethering (Native "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot" feature works well. You can also install wireless_tether_2_0_7.apk for more features.)
•USB Tethering (Native "USB tethering" feature not works. Please install wired_tether_1_4.apk instead.)
•Flashlight (Install TeslaLED Flashlight.)
•FM Radio (Install Spirit FM, check settings -> audio -> qsd8250, and turn on BT before using Spirit FM.)
•Gallery sometimes stops response due to the incomplete Hardware Acceleration. (Install QuickPic instead.)

Not Working:
•VPN

If you find any bug, please consider uploading a logcat to the website: http://logcat.miui.us/
The logcat will be color highlighted, so that it's more readable.
It's also more convenient to see a logcat directly in the browser instead of downloading a zip file of logcat from the attach file of this thread, decompressing it, reading it, and finally deleting it

Credit to my friends at xda developers forum
Ameys
BSc
BSc

Return to Ghana Geeks