Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Clottey Can Only Win Via TKO or KO!

Discuss boxing and other sports

Moderator: deciiva

Clottey Can Only Win Via TKO or KO!

Postby the pope » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:22 pm

The only way Clottey can win this fight is through TKO or KO. There is too much money invested in an epic battle betwen Mayweather and Pacquaio. The public is crying for this fight. Can't see how Clottey can dethrone this mega superstar with cult following simply on points. Even a unanimous point decision in favor of Clottey, which is highly unlikely may still not be enough to give him the nod. Sports is business and Clottey just happens to be another clog in the wheel. He is not the wheel. The pacman is and I hope Clottey understands this b'cos I don't want him to be disappointed come Saturday b'cos he lost a close decision.

Clottey is good fighter who could be a potential champion in another era or another weight class. At this time he is in the wrong weight class. Whatever the outcome is on Saturday I hope he moves up in weight to junior middleweight. He may have better options there. The only marquee fighter in that weight class is Paul Williams but he has been floating around middleweight b'cos of his height. Now thats a weight class I believe he can do much better b'cos of his natural physical size and less competition.
the pope
BSc
BSc

Re: Clottey Can Only Win Via TKO or KO!

Postby Sammybee » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:52 am

the pope wrote:The only way Clottey can win this fight is through TKO or KO. There is too much money invested in an epic battle betwen Mayweather and Pacquaio. The public is crying for this fight. Can't see how Clottey can dethrone this mega superstar with cult following simply on points. Even a unanimous point decision in favor of Clottey, which is highly unlikely may still not be enough to give him the nod. Sports is business and Clottey just happens to be another clog in the wheel. He is not the wheel. The pacman is and I hope Clottey understands this b'cos I don't want him to be disappointed come Saturday b'cos he lost a close decision.

Clottey is good fighter who could be a potential champion in another era or another weight class. At this time he is in the wrong weight class. Whatever the outcome is on Saturday I hope he moves up in weight to junior middleweight. He may have better options there. The only marquee fighter in that weight class is Paul Williams but he has been floating around middleweight b'cos of his height. Now thats a weight class I believe he can do much better b'cos of his natural physical size and less competition.
Clottey has never called on Williams for a fight..........I once watched his interview and he admitted to the style of Williams by way of his height and the numerous punches he throws per round.........in any case Clottey has also said before that though he always finds it difficult to make the 147 pounds weight, he doesn't want to venture the 154 pound level.

It will take a miracle for Clottey to KO Pacman..........I will give Clottey much credit if he is able to go the distance with Pacman
Sammybee
BSc
BSc

Postby the pope » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:05 pm

I actually think he matches up better against Pacman than Cotto did. He is naturally defensive and against a fighter like Pac who throws punches in bunches his high defensive guard will benefit him immensely. The problem is can Clottey dish it out effectively to hurt Pacman. That is unlikely and thats why he will have a hard time winning. He doesn't throw anywhere as many punches as Pac and he is basically a stationary fighter meaning he is there to be hit even if he is blocking the punches.

However thats all the judges need to see from Pac to give him the decision to set up the big showdown with Money May. For Clottey to win he needs to turn it into a brawl and take his chances. Make it a slugfest. He is the bigger man and looks stronger so his chances fighting this way and winning are greater.
the pope
BSc
BSc

Postby Bishop* » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:20 pm

the pope wrote:I actually think he matches up better against Pacman than Cotto did. He is naturally defensive and against a fighter like Pac who throws punches in bunches his high defensive guard will benefit him immensely. The problem is can Clottey dish it out effectively to hurt Pacman. That is unlikely and thats why he will have a hard time winning. He doesn't throw anywhere as many punches as Pac and he is basically a stationary fighter meaning he is there to be hit even if he is blocking the punches.

However thats all the judges need to see from Pac to give him the decision to set up the big showdown with Money May. For Clottey to win he needs to turn it into a brawl and take his chances. Make it a slugfest. He is the bigger man and looks stronger so his chances fighting this way and winning are greater.

I agree with you on the brawl part because if he fights that way and last the 12 rounds but looses, he will win a lot of people into this conner but I am afraid if he fights that way he may be knocked out fast because the punches will flow from Pac Mac and those punches may seem harmless put if you watch them in replay they are power punches.
Bishop*
BSc
BSc

Postby the pope » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:22 am

bishop wrote:

I agree with you on the brawl part because if he fights that way and last the 12 rounds but looses, he will win a lot of people into this conner but I am afraid if he fights that way he may be knocked out fast because the punches will flow from Pac Mac and those punches may seem harmless put if you watch them in replay they are power punches.

Yep maybe thats why Freddie Roach Pac's Coach is predicting a KO for Pac. Knocking out Clottey may be easier said than done though. I mean this is a fighter who has never hit the canvas. That says a lot. It means either he has a solid chin or again his high guard makes it virtually impossible to knock him out. Pac may be able to floor him but knocking him out cold I don't know.
the pope
BSc
BSc

Postby The Admin » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:27 pm

the pope wrote:bishop wrote:

Yep maybe thats why Freddie Roach Pac's Coach is predicting a KO for Pac. Knocking out Clottey may be easier said than done though. I mean this is a fighter who has never hit the canvas. That says a lot. It means either he has a solid chin or again his high guard makes it virtually impossible to knock him out. Pac may be able to floor him but knocking him out cold I don't know.

Are you sure Clottey has never kissed the canvas or you are just hoping he doesn't kiss the canvas again ?
The Admin
MSc
MSc

Postby the pope » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:49 pm

admin wrote:
Are you sure Clottey has never kissed the canvas or you are just hoping he doesn't kiss the canvas again ?

I thought he has never hit the canvas. If he has please let us know when.
the pope
BSc
BSc

MMgJPZSQfThLb

Postby qvsnzzwio » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:21 pm

tgIwsE <a href="http://oheuajtaxiee.com/">oheuajtaxiee</a>, eogrnczbdwhe, [link=http://wdmkfbhfcfav.com/]wdmkfbhfcfav[/link], http://nrlwjzuwkawp.com/
qvsnzzwio

Return to Boxing