Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

When A Child Ask About God,How Will You Answer?

All about God and Gods

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

When A Child Ask About God,How Will You Answer?

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:04 am

Children have the wisdom of God and are closer to it than many people who have spent years in this world gaining all kinds of knowledge about the nature of religion. Children have it naturally.

Sri Harold Klemp,
The Secret of Love

"Spiritual leader and author Harold Klemp once told this touching story of a four-year-old child. She asked to be alone in the nursery for a moment with her newborn sibling. The parents agreed but switched on the nursery intercom just to be safe. What they heard moved them deeply. The older sister gently leaned over the newborn and whispered, almost like a prayer, "Baby, help me remember what God is like. I'm beginning to forget."

You can preserve this special connection with God before the pressures of society cause your child to forget.

When children ask about God, they want facts.
By the time most children reach elementary school, they have asked their parents about God. Children look for spiritual meaning and, like adults, search for the cause behind all causes.

When your child asks about God, how will you answer?
With the same spiritual answers that you've outgrown or rejected? Children often speak about their invisible friends. Could they be referring to a guardian angel or an inner spiritual guide? When they are frightened by nightmares or talk about when they were big, could they be recalling something important from a past life?

Most children who remember their past lives do so during the ordinary waking state. Others, however, have dreams or nightmares which reflect scenes from their past lives.

Your children need support and answers that make sense. Listen carefully to their questions. They might help you understand more about God."

Source: www.eckankar.org
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:12 am

When your child ask you...."Who Created God"?
How will you answer?
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:48 am

Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby k.sankofa » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:36 pm

so the child asks the baby rather than the parents what god is like, why then would the child pose other questions about god to the parents and not the baby?

unless i've gotten the logic of it wrong, methinks the baby would know more about god than the child, and child more about god than the parents.

questions about the world is one thing but . . .

the child closer to god and with the wisdom of god seeking meaning about god from people less endowed in that dept?
k.sankofa
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:27 pm

k.sankofa wrote:so the child asks the baby rather than the parents what god is like, why then would the child pose other questions about god to the parents and not the baby?

unless i've gotten the logic of it wrong, methinks the baby would know more about god than the child, and child more about god than the parents.

the child closer to god and with the wisdom of god seeking meaning about god from people less endowed in that dept?

You've made some good points here Sankofa.
l posted this topic because of something another forumer asked earlier.lt was an Akan proverb that loosely states that nobody points God to a child.
l hope he comes here to expand his argument.
The more worldly or earthly we get,the more we close the inner channels.Soul leave the body from the crown of the head(the soft spot at the top of newborn babes.This chakra closes up as we age.Christ called this spot the narrow way.
Remember He said until one becomes as a child,he will not see God oe enter heaven.
We have to become childlike(not childish) to experience the inner worlds.
Why?A child lives in the present;nothing from its past hold hold it back and nothing in the future to frighten it.
A child's trust is complete.l remember when my kids were very very little,l play this game where l stand at the bottom of the stairs at home and ask them to jump to daddy.They jump without fear;always screaming with excitement.l guess with the unquestionable trust that Daddy's arms are ready to catch them safely at the bottom of the stairs.
As they grew older,they become more and more hesitant.Fear in gradually coming into play.Trust is not as complete as before.
They are now no 100% sure daddy is able to catch them.
Today,my boy is taller than me.Even if lm able to catch him down the stairs,l'll have trouble convincing him to jump to me.He wld think lve gone off mentally.
What holds us back as adults in spiritual matters in my opinion is preconceived notions.Letting go is the hardest thing.
l remember the story of a man who fell from a high building at night.The only thing that stopped his fall was when his clothes caught hold of a tree branch.He held on to it with dear life,thinking if he let go,he will fall to his death.He held on for hours.When his hands gave way,with death in mind,he fell only a couple of feet to the ground.
He realised the folly in not letting go hours earlier.
lm here not taking about being easily brainwashed or not using common sense or intelligence in making choices in life.
More Later
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby OPIAMENSA » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:46 pm

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
k.sankofa wrote:so the child asks the baby rather than the parents what god is like, why then would the child pose other questions about god to the parents and not the baby?

l posted this topic because of something another forumer asked earlier.lt was an Akan proverb that loosely states that nobody points God to a child.
l hope he comes here to expand his argument ...

My suggestion to you, Kwame, is that you go ahead and answer sankofa's question or capitulate if you have nothing to offer. I made that comment "obi nnkyer3 akwadaa nyame" under your eck masters thread in an attempt to get you off your slavish reliance on those eck masters who seem to have a lock on your mind. So you know very well the why and wherefore I made that comment so quit hiding behind my red dress. The argument I made needs no further expansion!
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:26 pm

OPIAMENSA wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:

My suggestion to you, Kwame, is that you go ahead and answer sankofa's question or capitulate if you have nothing to offer. I made that comment "obi nnkyer3 akwadaa nyame" under your eck masters thread in an attempt to get you off your slavish reliance on those eck masters who seem to have a lock on your mind. So you know very well the why and wherefore I made that comment so quit hiding behind my red dress. The argument I made needs no further expansion!

K.Sankofa,did l make any sense responding to you question?

Opiamensa,l probably got you wrong here.Can you please tell me your understanding of the Akan proverb in question?
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby OPIAMENSA » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:26 pm

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
OPIAMENSA wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:

Opiamensa,l probably got you wrong here.Can you please tell me your understanding of the Akan proverb in question?

Pls read my posts under your eck masters thread and remain in the reality plane while you do so. The context of that proverb should not be hard to understand.
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS

Postby k.sankofa » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:05 am

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
OPIAMENSA wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:

oh massa, you know very well you did not answer my question :lol:
k.sankofa
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:31 pm

The more worldly or earthly we get,the more we close the inner channels.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby quophi aletse » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:42 pm

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:

tru dat kwame ......
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:58 pm

quophi aletse wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:

tru dat kwame ......

Aletse,What l said above was a line from my earlier reply to Sankofa.lt was buried in there.l was talking too much non facts as usual.
lm not saying l know the answer.l only made an attempt to answer Sankofa's question.lnfact if you look closely at his post,l believe he answered his own question in some part.
Someone said ,,,look into a child's eye and you know God has not forsaken us.
However,with age,we become more earthly and the inner worlds close to us.We then have to practice spiritual techniques to- if you like- open the windows of heaven;pull the curtains apart;take the scales from our eyes
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Return to Osofo Joint (religion)