Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

A SPIRITUAL EXERCISE TO TRY

All about God and Gods

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Mon May 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Viewing Difficulties

This exercise allows you to see why long-lasting or hard-to-solve problems are still with you.

In contemplation, look at your problem and ask yourself which of these viewpoints you hold about it.

1.You view the problem as a battering ram. When it approaches, you fall over backward, flattened to the ground.
2.You view the problem as a vital, valuable lesson which will teach you something. You believe it will become a spiritual springboard to give you the necessary incentive and energy to climb up and out of your present situation.
Your attitude about your problem holds the key to whether your experience with it will be easy or difficult, long or short.

Those people who have spiritual success don't say, "Oh, no!" and fall down when a problem comes up. They look to see the reason or lesson behind it. They ask the Mahanta, "What can I learn from it? How has it made me stronger?"

—Sri Harold Klemp
The Spiritual Exercises of ECK

www.eckankar.org
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Mon May 30, 2011 9:36 am

Game of Chess

You can do this exercise anytime—whether you are at work, in contemplation, or about to fall asleep.

Lightly place your attention upon a situation in your life, then put your viewpoint as Soul above the situation. Look down on everything going on below as if it were a chess game—even though it might be in your imagination. You can look at a situation anywhere in the world from this viewpoint.

As you are gazing upon it, change the situation by simply rearranging your place on the chessboard. It's a successful device, and those who use it often make great changes around themselves.

—Sri Harold Klemp

www.eckankar.org
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:20 pm

The Purifying Sound

Close your eyes and look to the Spiritual Eye. Sing HU, an old and secret name for God. It is one of the most powerful words for spiritual upliftment that I can give you.

As you sing HU, listen for the Sound. The Sound may be heard in any number of different ways. It can be like a train going by, a bird, buzzing bees, sometimes a flute, or even guitars. The way you hear It just depends on where you are.

These sounds are the action of the Holy Spirit, the ECK, as Its atoms vibrate in the invisible worlds. The Sound you hear is the vibration at the particular level to which you are attuned at the time.

Imagine the Sound purifying you, removing the impurities of Soul. It will bring you an understanding of how your actions have caused your problems. It will also give you an indication of what you can do to unfold and how to figure out the way to do things right.

—Sri Harold Klemp
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:16 pm

The Temple Door

This is a very simple exercise to make contact with the Voice of God.

Close your eyes and relax. You are preparing to enter the inner temple, that sacred place where Soul has communication with God. You may see the Light of God first in your Spiritual Eye. You may see It as a Blue Light or a Blue Star. You may see It as a globe or blob of light.

This means you have contact with the highest state of consciousness that is available. It can uplift you to that very same state, too, but not overnight—the shock would be too great.

After you see the Light in your Spiritual Eye or feel It in your heart center, then comes the Sound. The Sound may come first at times. The Sound may be that of the flute of God which comes from the Soul Plane. Or you may hear the buzzing of bees or any number of different sounds. Later, as you move higher, it may become a very high peeping sound, a single peep so high that it feels as if you can barely reach it.

It is the Voice of God uplifting you.

—Sri Harold Klemp
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Re: OF FAKERIES AMD QUACKERIES.

Postby thebalck1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:11 pm

OPIAMENSA wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eieeee this guy paa you dey craze :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
thebalck1
SSS
SSS

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:58 pm

Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:49 pm

The Nirat Technique
In using this technique, you will find the path to the other worlds illuminated by Soul's own light, much like the headlights of a car, cutting through the darkness of night, illuminate the road ahead. The Nirat technique utilizes the seeing power of Soul.

Sit in silence, with the attention fixed on the Spiritual Eye. Put your attention on the Light of God, the white light within the door of the Spiritual Eye. This is the subtle gateway to the Astral world, the first door you will pass through on the way to higher worlds.

With your attention fixed on this door, look obliquely—not directly—at whatever appears on the screen of the mind. If you look at it directly, it will disappear. But if you look at it from an angle, the image of the light will stay.

Now very softly begin to practice the zikar, the repetition of the holy names of God. If you are an initiate, use your secret word. If you are not, sing the word for each plane that you must pass through in order to reach the Soul region. These are: Alayi (Physical Plane), Kala (Astral Plane), Mana (Causal Plane), Aum (Mental Plane), Baju (Etheric Plane), and Sugmad (Soul Plane). By these sounds you are able to lift yourself up through the corresponding planes into the Soul world.

The Light of God appears on all planes, but the light that should interest you most is the Blue Star. It will come into focus after the technique has been practiced for a certain length of time. This star represents the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master, who will later appear in his radiant body.

Sometimes the Master appears as a Blue Star, sometimes as a misty, pale blue light. The star or light will lead you gently through the various planes into the Soul region. You must trust It completely, never being doubtful or hesitant about following It, nor wondering where It may lead you.

As Soul gets collected and concentrates on the Spiritual Eye, you will have some preliminary experiences on the inner sounds and sights. These occur before Soul is settled down and actually traveling in the inner worlds. You may hear sounds similar to a moving train, whistles, or stringed instruments. Then you will hear sounds like the tinkling of bells, progressing to the ringing notes of a large bell. Following this are lights similar to the glowing of charcoal, then lightning, and finally the gigantic star.

Then you are able to see a whole starry sky. You see the Lightning and Moon worlds, and you are ready for the ascent. You may see forms as mist, smoke, suns, fire, winds, fireflies, lightning, crystals, and moons. Your attention may be scattered at this point, but bring it back and focus again on a single point.

—Sri Harold Klemp
By Harold Klemp

A how-to collection of 131 spiritual exercises for spiritual growth and upliftment.

Available at local and online bookstores and the Eckankar Online
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:00 pm

Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Ebei

Postby PATAKU » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:16 pm

Egya Kwame Nyame, you are still following Eckankar rubbish after many years. Ebeeiiii O!.

Pataku resurfaces
PATAKU
JSS
JSS

Re: Ebei

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:19 pm

PATAKU wrote:Egya Kwame Nyame, you are still following Eckankar rubbish after many years. Ebeeiiii O!.

Pataku resurfaces

Eh Wofa Pataku,lm in Eckankar for life ooh! :lol: :lol:A lifetime adventure ooooh!!!! :lol: :lol:
Next week will be exactly one year since l started this particular topic.lts receiving 40 hits daily on average.l suspect one or two guys here don't see Eckankar or the Spiritual Exercises as rubbish.
You see,l don't regard any faith,path or religion as rubbish.l respect all.l understand very well that like me,others love God too.
l guess you are just passing through.Good to hear from you anyway.
Last edited by Kwame Nyame 64 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Q' lypse » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:41 pm

PATAKU wrote:Egya Kwame Nyame, you are still following Eckankar rubbish after many years. Ebeeiiii O!.

Pataku resurfaces

you ain't changed, damn
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:59 pm

Q' lypse wrote:

Pataku resurfaces

you ain't changed, damn

Oh!! talk some oh.See the massacre Jehovah and him son dey get for this joint.Pataku walk in after many many months and go for Kwame's neck.Me way dey mind my own business.See me see trouble oooh! :lol: :lol:
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Q' lypse » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:44 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3y3 asem oo
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

pataku comes back

Postby PATAKU » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:06 pm

I just cannot understand what people find in these new age bunkum. Its always baffles me really, K-Nyame, Q'lypse and the rest. I don't know for you guys oh, but as for me and my household we shall follow only Jesus Christ and his teachings. I cannot risk burning in hell fire. Nawaa for you brothers oo!

Pataku surmises
PATAKU
JSS
JSS

Oppiamensa

Postby PATAKU » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Egya OPIAMENSA seems to be my prototype but poles aprt as he also seems lost in the underbelly of lack of belief in Jesus Christ which is bad as the belief in other crap religions wherein Prof Quame Nyame and Dr Q'lies believe in. Na waa ooh. He shall know the truth (truth meaning Jesus Christ) and the truth shall set you free.
PATAKU
JSS
JSS

Re: pataku comes back

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:29 pm

PATAKU wrote:I just cannot understand what people find in these new age bunkum. Its always baffles me really, K-Nyame, Q'lypse and the rest. I don't know for you guys oh, but as for me and my household we shall follow only Jesus Christ and his teachings. I cannot risk burning in hell fire. Nawaa for you brothers oo!

Pataku surmises

Pataku,
l don't have anything against Jesus.l greatly admire his teachings on love and the beauty of his message still inspires me.
As for burning in hell fire,l lost that fear ages ago.When you look to love,there isnt room left for fear.
Last edited by Kwame Nyame 64 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Re: Oppiamensa

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:31 pm

PATAKU wrote:Egya OPIAMENSA seems to be my prototype but poles aprt as he also seems lost in the underbelly of lack of belief in Jesus Christ which is bad as the belief in other crap religions wherein Prof Quame Nyame and Dr Q'lies believe in. Na waa ooh. He shall know the truth (truth meaning Jesus Christ) and the truth shall set you free.

Can someone reserve a ringside seat for moi :lol: :wink: But please guys this particular thread is for contemplation,spiritual experimentations and technique trials.No sparring here please. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:30 pm

How are the Spiritual Exercises of ECK (contemplation) different from prayer and meditation?

Beyond prayer is contemplation.

Contemplation is a method that enables you to begin to go out and actively explore the inner worlds of your own being. It is different than meditation, a passive state in which the practitioner goes within and just quietly waits for the light.

One contemplative technique is to read something inspirational—a biblical verse or a passage from the ECK writings—then shut your eyes and look inwardly, very gently, at the form of an ECK Master, Jesus, or any figure you feel is a spiritual traveler. Ask to be shown the truth. You can ask for love, wisdom, and understanding, but something greater than these three things, which are only attributes of God, is to ask for the realization of God. For more information visit.......
www.eckankar.org
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:36 am

Meeting the Master

Take a comfortable sitting position on your bed or in a chair. Gaze gently and sweetly into the Spiritual Eye between the eyebrows.

Everything may appear dark for a moment. Gaze into the space between the brows minutely and more minutely. Look for the Light, a sheet of white light.

The Light may be like a great sun, throwing Its glittering, brilliant rays in a circle around you. Its brilliancy greater that ten thousand suns.

Suddenly you realize that the Light is coming from within yourself, spreading into an ever widening circle until It fills the whole universe. It flows out of a center within you and becomes a burning beacon. Feel your whole body pulse with the rhythm of Its surging waves like the pounding of surf upon a sandy beach.

You hear the roaring of the surf in your ears, and it grows and grows. Suddenly into your inner vision steps the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master. Greet him with joy in your heart and begin your journey into the worlds of God.

—Sri Harold Klemp

www.eckankar.org
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:26 am

Radio Announcer
If there are missing pieces of information regarding some aspect of your life—for example, a disturbing dream or a problem—try this technique to help fill in the blanks.

Go into contemplation, and listen for the Sound of ECK. Visualize turning on a radio. Next, imagine the radio announcer coming on. Listen as he summarizes the details of a dream or problem whose meaning is unclear.

Now sing HU for a few minutes to relax. This is like taking a commercial break. Then imagine the radio announcer saying, "And now, here's the rest of your dream." Imagine the narrator filling in the missing pieces of the dream and unraveling its meaning.

When you have a bad dream, the dream censor has not allowed the whole story to come out. Begin with the assumption that something's missing, that you don't know everything yet. Then use the inner faculties to get the answers you need.

—Sri Harold Klemp

www.eckankar.org
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

PreviousNext

Return to Osofo Joint (religion)