Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

USAIN BOLT BLOWS 'EM OFF THE TRACKS

Basketball, Golf, Volleyball etc

Moderator: deciiva

USAIN BOLT BLOWS 'EM OFF THE TRACKS

Postby opambour » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:54 pm

19.40 in the 200 final :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thundering around the track in the World Championships 200 meters, the Jamaican crossed the finish line with a time of 19.40 seconds, slicing .46 off his own world-leading time of 19.86 from June.
Now imagine how fast Bolt would have run in the 100 meters.
PHOTOS: Top images from world championships
BLOG: USA wins gold in relay
Bolt, who had a false start in the 100 last Sunday, told the crowd in Daegu Stadium, "I came out to prove that I'm still the best."
His time was the fourth-fastest ever. Bolt has the world record of 19.19, which he set at the 2009 World Championships, plus he ran 19.30 to win the gold in Beijing. Michael Johnson of the U.S. ran 19.32 for the previous record.
"For me, it was all about running hard, hard and fast and getting it done," Bolt said, "so I was happy with myself."
Walter Dix, the U.S. champion, was second with a time of 19.70, 0.01 off his all-time best. Christophe Lemaitre, the 21-year-old up-and-comer from France, broke 20 seconds for the first time in his career, clocking 19.80 seconds. His previous best was 20.16.
Dix was pleased with his two silvers at worlds, an upgrade from his two bronze medals in Beijing. Dix was second in the 100 to Jamaica's Yohan Blake.
"It's great!" he said. "I knew I had to beat (Bolt) off the curve, because if I didn't, he'd sweep past me.
"I run the curve pretty hard," he added, "and you really have to be running to get me off the curve."
"In the future, I'll get stronger, and I'll be better prepared to beat him."
Clowning around at the starting line, Bolt made the "V" for victory sign. Or was it the number 2?
Either way, he made the 200 his own.
Bolt, who started extremely cautiously in his 200 heat with a reaction time of .314, got out in .193 this time, still slowest in the field. But that didn't matter. After all, Rondel Sorrillo of Trinidad, who had the best reaction time of .122, finished seventh, clocking 20.34.
Running from Lane 3, Bolt powered around the curve with a slight advantage over Dix, who was one lane outside of him.
This was not fun and games for Bolt, though, He grimaced as he came home and leaned instead of slowing down as he did in the first two rounds. The conditions were on his side, too. Rather than the usual headwind on the track, this time there was a tailwind of 0.8 seconds.
Bolt celebrated with his usual posing, then took off his shoes and danced barefoot on the track, wearing the Jamaican flag as a cape.
After the semifinals, he said of the 100, "I made a mistake and I know that. For me it was just all about just going out there and focusing on getting it done.
"I'm back to my old self now."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics ... 50250498/1
opambour
BSc
BSc

Postby deciiva » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:59 pm

He didn't set a WR :twisted: :(
deciiva

Postby opambour » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:06 pm

deciiva wrote:He didn't set a WR :twisted: :(

nobody was close though.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
opambour