Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Bro. Dan Owusu Asiamah contradicts the Bible on TV

All about God and Gods

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

Bro. Dan Owusu Asiamah contradicts the Bible on TV

Postby frankboat » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:10 pm

This is in reaction to Bro.Dan Owusu Asiama’s comments about the Sabbath on Metro TV on Sunday 21st October, 2012. Asiamah alluded to some statements in the Old Testament purported to conclude that the Sabbath had been abolished so far as Sabbath breakers in the 21st Century are not stoned to death.

Is it legitimate for the 21st Century Christians to blaspheme, commit adultery, strike or revile a parent, practice witchcraft, rape, practice prostitution, break the Sabbath etc because stoning had been abolished? Isn’t this a misguided thinking? It must be noted that it was not only the Sabbath breakers who were stoned to death in the Old Testament. Should we assume that it is lawful to break the Sabbath because its breakers are no longer stoned to death? Hasn't Jesus set a day to judge the world?

In fact, he contradicted himself on several occasions and looked confused on his programme. At one point he said “anybody who obeys the law is under a curse” and later said “the Law is good and holy”. In the course of attacking the Sabbath he said “Jesus Christ was not a Christian….that Jesus did not practice Christianity”.

Historically, the crimes that were punished by stoning were the most serious according to the Bible. Israelites who practiced child sacrifice were to be stoned according to Leviticus 20:2. People who blasphemed God were to be taken outside the city to be stoned according to Leviticus 24:14, 23. Anyone who caused another person to worship gods other than the Jewish God were to be stoned according to Deuteronomy 3:9, as well as anyone who was caught worshiping the sun or the stars according to Deuteronomy 17:7. Parents were allowed to stone their own children if they were stubborn and refused to obey according to Deuteronomy 21:23.

The first mention of stoning in the Bible is a man whose crime was gathering wood on the Sabbath day. It happened soon after the Ten Commandments had been issued, when God and Moses met together on top of Mt. Sinai. This was only a few months after the people of Israel fled Pharaoh's army through the path in the Red Sea. The story is recorded in Numbers 15:36. It falls in the category of blasphemy because the man did not respect the Lord sufficiently to obey Him. The next recorded stoning happened after Israel entered Canaan and they fought the famous battle of Jericho. One man, Achan, coveted and stole a prohibited Babylonian garment and some other treasure from Jericho and hid it beneath his tent. Even though no one had seen his deed, God exposed it after the army was defeated by a much smaller city, Ai. To eradicate the guilt that Achan's sin brought on the whole community, everyone joined in stoning him and his entire family.

It must be noted that Sabbath breakers were NOT the only people who were stoned to death in the Old Testament. The following offenders were stoned death. 1. Striking or reviling a parent (Exodus 21:15, 17). 2. Blasphemy (Leviticus 24:14, 16, 23). 3. Sabbath-breaking (Numbers 15:32-36; Exodus 31:14; 35:2). 4. Witchcraft, and false pretension to prophecy (Exodus 22:18; Leviticus 20:27; Deuteronomy 13:5; 18:20. 5. Adultery (Leviticus 20:10; Deuteronomy 13:5; 18:20). 6. Unchastely (Deut. 22:21, 23; Lev. 21:9). 7. Rape (Deut. 22:25). 8. Incestuous relations and bestiality (Lev. 20:11, 14, 15; Exodus. 22:19) 9. Having sex with your father’s wife, as distinct from "your mother", as it was common practice for men at the time to have several wives. (both die) (Lev.20:20) Kidnap (Ex. 21:16; Deut. 24:7). 10. Idolatry, (Lev. 20:2; Deut. 13:6, 10, 15; 17:2-7). The daughter of a priest practicing prostitution (death by fire) (Lev.21:9), Worshiping idols, Practicing magic (Exodus 22:18). Being a medium or spiritualist. (Stoning) (Leviticus 20:27)

Eccle. 8:11-13 reads “Because sentence against an evil deed is not executed speedily, the heart of the sons of men is fully set to do evil. Though a sinner does evil a hundred times and prolongs his life , yet l know that it will be well with those who fear God, because they fear God, because they fear before him, but it will not be well with the wicked, neither will he prolong his days like a shadow, because he does not fear before God”

Prophet Danial reveals that the Stone (Jesus) will crush unbelievers and all those who disobey the commandments of God at the Second Coming. Eccle. 12:13-14 says “The end of the matter;all has been heard. Fear God, and keep his commandments; for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgement, with every secret thing, whether good or bad”

The fact that Sabbath breakers are not stoned to death in the 21st Century does not necessarily mean that it is lawful in the sight of God to break the Sabbath just as it is umbilical to blaspheme, commit adultery, practice witchcraft etc.


Frankboat99@yahoo.com
0243-578657
frankboat
JSS
JSS
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: Kumasi Ghana

Re: Bro. Dan Owusu Asiamah contradicts the Bible on TV

Postby DivineDove » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:10 am

Yes, I also followed him for about 6 weeks. I was greatly disappointed. I had hope to really get to understand him and the Church of Christ (COC) but it was a tragedy. Contradictions from week to week. Please let the bible speak for itself. Do not force your teachings and doctrines into the bible. It will not work. It is self-defensive.
DivineDove
Johnny Just Come
Johnny Just Come
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:56 pm

Re: Bro. Dan Owusu Asiamah contradicts the Bible on TV

Postby AfroSamurai » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:28 am

DivineDove wrote:Yes, I also followed him for about 6 weeks. I was greatly disappointed. I had hope to really get to understand him and the Church of Christ (COC) but it was a tragedy. Contradictions from week to week. Please let the bible speak for itself. Do not force your teachings and doctrines into the bible. It will not work. It is self-defensive.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Masturbate to relief your indoctrinated brain, that is more worth than this useless scripture. The ink and paper is worthier than what is written in it.

Retarded deluded people with their doctrines wrote this book to enslave your consciousness, that is the common fact. An evil book for evil people with their wickedness to oppress their fellow human being, a culture, a nation and the whole human race. God, Jesus and religion is evil and makes human thinking, feeling, actions, senses, reasoning, intellect, behavior, attitudes etc. to an irresponsible being.

Black race, when will your relief your selves from this evil book and to take responsibilities for your own actions???
-
User avatar
AfroSamurai
SSS
SSS
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:52 pm
Location: EARTH ORIGIN

Re: Bro. Dan Owusu Asiamah contradicts the Bible on TV

Postby AfroSamurai » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:54 am

-
The God Delusion
There are would be murderers all round the world who want to kill you and me and themselves, because they are motivated by what they think is the highest ideal. Of cause politics are important ......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FiHRVb_uE0

The God--Jesus Who Wasn't There
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIzlklisBqw
-
User avatar
AfroSamurai
SSS
SSS
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:52 pm
Location: EARTH ORIGIN

Re: Bro. Dan Owusu Asiamah contradicts the Bible on TV

Postby Q' lypse » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:59 am

AfroSamurai wrote:
DivineDove wrote:Yes, I also followed him for about 6 weeks. I was greatly disappointed. I had hope to really get to understand him and the Church of Christ (COC) but it was a tragedy. Contradictions from week to week. Please let the bible speak for itself. Do not force your teachings and doctrines into the bible. It will not work. It is self-defensive.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Masturbate to relief your indoctrinated brain, that is more worth than this useless scripture. The ink and paper is worthier than what is written in it.

Retarded deluded people with their doctrines wrote this book to enslave your consciousness, that is the common fact. An evil book for evil people with their wickedness to oppress their fellow human being, a culture, a nation and the whole human race. God, Jesus and religion is evil and makes human thinking, feeling, actions, senses, reasoning, intellect, behavior, attitudes etc. to an irresponsible being.

Black race, when will your relief your selves from this evil book and to take responsibilities for your own actions???
-


some of the things you say, what did Jesus do to oppress human beings? :?
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20463
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Re: Bro. Dan Owusu Asiamah contradicts the Bible on TV

Postby quophi aletse » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:01 am

:lol: :lol: i dey monitor this thread oooo :lol: :lol:
User avatar
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter
 
Posts: 30223
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:29 pm
Location: here

Re: Bro. Dan Owusu Asiamah contradicts the Bible on TV

Postby Q' lypse » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:07 am

User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20463
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Re: Bro. Dan Owusu Asiamah contradicts the Bible on TV

Postby AfroSamurai » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:47 am

Q' lypse wrote:
AfroSamurai wrote:
DivineDove wrote:Yes, I also followed him for about 6 weeks. I was greatly disappointed. I had hope to really get to understand him and the Church of Christ (COC) but it was a tragedy. Contradictions from week to week. Please let the bible speak for itself. Do not force your teachings and doctrines into the bible. It will not work. It is self-defensive.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Masturbate to relief your indoctrinated brain, that is more worth than this useless scripture. The ink and paper is worthier than what is written in it.

Retarded deluded people with their doctrines wrote this book to enslave your consciousness, that is the common fact. An evil book for evil people with their wickedness to oppress their fellow human being, a culture, a nation and the whole human race. God, Jesus and religion is evil and makes human thinking, feeling, actions, senses, reasoning, intellect, behavior, attitudes etc. to an irresponsible being.

Black race, when will your relief your selves from this evil book and to take responsibilities for your own actions???
-


some of the things you say, what did Jesus do to oppress human beings? :?


Q, have you found Jesus and been born again? And how many times have you been born again? :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
AfroSamurai
SSS
SSS
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:52 pm
Location: EARTH ORIGIN

Re: Bro. Dan Owusu Asiamah contradicts the Bible on TV

Postby AfroSamurai » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:50 am

Q' lypse wrote:Afro is pissed off by these people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ9oBCLw ... e=youtu.be


They are at the same time hijacking the politicians and the government administration with advices which led to their own benefit.

They are bright and intelligent critical logical thinking people with vision in Ghana to improve the Nation, but they have less chance because all this crocks, who they have nothing productive contributing to support the Nation to advance.

Who gives this crocks the platforms to abuse the Ghanian intelligence?
I'm a Ghanian, so this also abuse my intelligent and I want them to know. Regardless whether they like it or not, or my voice has been heard, it must be speak out.

Q, you are reading what is going on in Ghana all the time, I think so.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/N ... ?ID=300166
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/N ... ?ID=300168
-
User avatar
AfroSamurai
SSS
SSS
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:52 pm
Location: EARTH ORIGIN

Re: Bro. Dan Owusu Asiamah contradicts the Bible on TV

Postby Q' lypse » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:25 am

AfroSamurai wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:
AfroSamurai wrote:
DivineDove wrote:Yes, I also followed him for about 6 weeks. I was greatly disappointed. I had hope to really get to understand him and the Church of Christ (COC) but it was a tragedy. Contradictions from week to week. Please let the bible speak for itself. Do not force your teachings and doctrines into the bible. It will not work. It is self-defensive.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Masturbate to relief your indoctrinated brain, that is more worth than this useless scripture. The ink and paper is worthier than what is written in it.

Retarded deluded people with their doctrines wrote this book to enslave your consciousness, that is the common fact. An evil book for evil people with their wickedness to oppress their fellow human being, a culture, a nation and the whole human race. God, Jesus and religion is evil and makes human thinking, feeling, actions, senses, reasoning, intellect, behavior, attitudes etc. to an irresponsible being.

Black race, when will your relief your selves from this evil book and to take responsibilities for your own actions???
-


some of the things you say, what did Jesus do to oppress human beings? :?


Q, have you found Jesus and been born again? And how many times have you been born again? :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:


I asked my mother if something was wrong when I was born, and she said, no, so there is no point being born again. :D

Sh*t, I can't stand those two words
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20463
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Re: Bro. Dan Owusu Asiamah contradicts the Bible on TV

Postby Q' lypse » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:28 am

AfroSamurai wrote:
Q, you are reading what is going on in Ghana all the time, I think so.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/N ... ?ID=300166
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/N ... ?ID=300168
-


Yep. It's a damn shame. Some woman politician has even blamed black magic for the Cedi's fall :( . Just when you thought education was enough, something like this pops up and you wonder like what the hell is going on with our people back home?
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20463
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Re: Bro. Dan Owusu Asiamah contradicts the Bible on TV

Postby AfroSamurai » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:15 pm

Q' lypse wrote:
AfroSamurai wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:
AfroSamurai wrote:
DivineDove wrote:Yes, I also followed him for about 6 weeks. I was greatly disappointed. I had hope to really get to understand him and the Church of Christ (COC) but it was a tragedy. Contradictions from week to week. Please let the bible speak for itself. Do not force your teachings and doctrines into the bible. It will not work. It is self-defensive.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Masturbate to relief your indoctrinated brain, that is more worth than this useless scripture. The ink and paper is worthier than what is written in it.

Retarded deluded people with their doctrines wrote this book to enslave your consciousness, that is the common fact. An evil book for evil people with their wickedness to oppress their fellow human being, a culture, a nation and the whole human race. God, Jesus and religion is evil and makes human thinking, feeling, actions, senses, reasoning, intellect, behavior, attitudes etc. to an irresponsible being.

Black race, when will your relief your selves from this evil book and to take responsibilities for your own actions???
-


some of the things you say, what did Jesus do to oppress human beings? :?


Q, have you found Jesus and been born again? And how many times have you been born again? :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:


I asked my mother if something was wrong when I was born, and she said, no, so there is no point being born again. :D

Sh*t, I can't stand those two words


Your mom is right with her statement. Women, during pregnancy and at giving birth, have a highly rich deep consciousness feeling with them selfs, cos nature demands it to be tune to the baby they give birth to take care of.

You may not like to hear it, but toward the end of every seventh year in our life span, we are again and again born a new. 7, 14, 21, 28, 35, 42, 49, 59, 63, 70, 77, 84 and so on.
Do you want to know why? Reflect till now about every seventh past year in your life to detect it. It can be interesting what you would find out.
-
User avatar
AfroSamurai
SSS
SSS
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:52 pm
Location: EARTH ORIGIN

Re: Bro. Dan Owusu Asiamah contradicts the Bible on TV

Postby Q' lypse » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:56 pm

AfroSamurai wrote:Your mom is right with her statement.
it was a joke, i say it to ward off those hardcore born agains, that there was nothing wrong with me when I was born ... :lol: :lol:

AfroSamurai wrote:You may not like to hear it, but toward the end of every seventh year in our life span, we are again and again born a new. 7, 14, 21, 28, 35, 42, 49, 59, 63, 70, 77, 84 and so on.
Do you want to know why? Reflect till now about every seventh past year in your life to detect it. It can be interesting what you would find out.
-

What do you mean I may not like to hear it? Im not closed minded. There is so much we don't know about our bodies and consciousness. I won't dismiss it
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20463
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Re: Bro. Dan Owusu Asiamah contradicts the Bible on TV

Postby AfroSamurai » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:15 pm

Q' lypse wrote:
AfroSamurai wrote:Your mom is right with her statement.
it was a joke, i say it to ward off those hardcore born agains, that there was nothing wrong with me when I was born ... :lol: :lol:

AfroSamurai wrote:You may not like to hear it, but toward the end of every seventh year in our life span, we are again and again born a new. 7, 14, 21, 28, 35, 42, 49, 59, 63, 70, 77, 84 and so on.
Do you want to know why? Reflect till now about every seventh past year in your life to detect it. It can be interesting what you would find out.
-

What do you mean I may not like to hear it? Im not closed minded. There is so much we don't know about our bodies and consciousness. I won't dismiss it


It is also a joke behind your joke, but forgot to let this nice yellows follows :lol: :lol: :lol:, :D :D
-
User avatar
AfroSamurai
SSS
SSS
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:52 pm
Location: EARTH ORIGIN

Re: Bro. Dan Owusu Asiamah contradicts the Bible on TV

Postby Q' lypse » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:24 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20463
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China


Return to Osofo Joint (religion)



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests