Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

World of Dreams

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:13 am

Why Do We Dream?
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby rastaman » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:16 am

Don't have an answer to the question but i had a terrible dream last night. Around 1:30am, i awoke from a dream-like state (don't remember exactly what i was dreaming about) and there appeared to be a woman present in my room standing with her shoulders towards me at an angle.

I could not scream or even open my mouth :shock: Literally as if powerless and unable to breathe or make movements, as if tied down to the bed. And in a micro-second she turned towards me and screamed something, at which point i was able to ***free myself*** from the trance or whatever i was under....reached for my cell and it said 1:30am

Hmm....
rastaman
MSc
MSc

Postby rastaman » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:17 am

Forgot to add...i attempted to say a prayer but that was the quickest prayer or lack thereof i ever did (~2 sec. into it, i'm like WTF am i praying to) but still said Amen :shock:
rastaman
MSc
MSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:14 am

rastaman wrote:Forgot to add...i attempted to say a prayer but that was the quickest prayer or lack thereof i ever did (~2 sec. into it, i'm like WTF am i praying to) but still said Amen :shock:

The attempt to seek divine intervention suggest to me you take dreams beyond physical phenomenon.
I'll say,you are the best interpreter of your dreams. Reading books,discussions like what we are having now or sharing other persons experiences does help but the best I know is you setting up your own dream laboratory.
A first step is to get a dream journal and a willingness to even wake up in the middle of the night to record dreams no matter how jumbled.
With time,you will begin to see patterns forming and insights coming up.
If you are willing to spend time at it,you can very gradually and eventually piece together many odd ends in your dreams. Even the nightmares,if they do not stop will make some meaning.
Dreams have meaning at every step- physical,astral,causal,mental ,etheric and spiritual.ie,human,emotional,memory,mind,subconscious and spiritual levels.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:31 pm

YOUR HIDDEN LIFE
"Dreams are a direct line to the sea of our hidden life,much like a fishing line dropped from a small boat into a bottomless sea.
A person who learns to dream well can usually take everyday life in stride,because dreams give him or her a perception that others cannot help but notice.
An understanding of dreams can steady us for the surprises of the day,and so aid us in learning to manage stress with more foresight and grace.
Dreams often tell what's coming"
-Harold Klemp

Upon the advice of my spiritual guide,I started keeping a dream journal when l decided to take an advanced study course through ECKANKAR membership in the late 1980s.
I began to see places and events long before the occur.There were few surprises.
One example was seeing the factory building and surrounding of the first job in the UK about 6 months before I left Ghana. I was able to keep the details of this particular dream because I recorded it.I was pleasantly surprised when I got my first job in London only to realised I've been to this place in the Soul body month before I arrived in UK.
I soon learned rather quickly to obey the law of silence when opening my mouth too wide invited unnecessary attention,name calling and few attacks.

"Your dreams are like a telescope that can give a better view of something that is normally out of reach: your spiritual side.
That includes how you act,feel,reflect,think,react,and even love.
Most people fear putting the telescope of dreams to their eye,afraid of what they might see"
-Harold Klemp
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:17 am

A Dream Exercise
Dreams are an easy and natural way to pursue spiritual unfoldment. Here is an exercise you can try before you go to sleep. It can help you see your problems from a higher viewpoint to aid you in your life.

Make a request. Before you go to sleep, write down a question about a problem that bothers you. Ask the Dream Master or your own spiritual teacher for guidance on this question. Lie down, and close your eyes.

Sing HU. Softly sing HU (pronounced like the word hue) for about five minutes. HU is an ancient name for God. It has the unique ability to lift you into a higher state of awareness. Singing HU connects you with Divine Spirit, or ECK, which can be seen as an inner light or heard as sound.

Write down your experiences. When you wake up in the morning, write down any dreams, thoughts, or feelings, even if you don't think they are significant. As you go through your day, write down any new thoughts or experiences that relate to your problem. Do this for three to five days. Then look over your notes. You may discover that images you first thought were unrelated now make sense and give you clues to the overall pattern of your life.

A Tip on Working with Your Dreams
Keeping a Dream Book
The first rule for keeping a dream book is to keep it simple. Trying to put complex scenes and ideas into words can be a daunting task. A dream may have so many details that a dreamer could well lose sight of its key points.

To overcome this potential trap, write the dream out in simple, everyday language. Then put it aside. At the end of a month, note the inner experiences that stand out from the rest. Condense these. Make believe you are an editor for Reader's Digest.

—From Past Lives, Dreams, and
Soul Travel by Harold Klemp
www.eckankar.org
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Q' lypse » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:29 am

rastaman wrote:Don't have an answer to the question but i had a terrible dream last night. Around 1:30am, i awoke from a dream-like state (don't remember exactly what i was dreaming about) and there appeared to be a woman present in my room standing with her shoulders towards me at an angle.

I could not scream or even open my mouth :shock: Literally as if powerless and unable to breathe or make movements, as if tied down to the bed. And in a micro-second she turned towards me and screamed something, at which point i was able to ***free myself*** from the trance or whatever i was under....reached for my cell and it said 1:30am

Hmm....
ive heard people describe these kinds of dreams before. Paralysis when somebody appears standing over them or near them. The topic of dreams is a big field and complicated like life itself so I'm more of a listener than a talker. Anybody who comes to you and say they can box up what dreams are will be lying to you.

Kwame is right, you alone can interpret your dreams. Its something I do and usually the meanings of my dreams jump at me the moment i wake up. My strong psychic abilities or what some may call six sense are in my dreams. On a good day in my dreams I see my own future, past lives and even other lives on different worlds. Anyway enough said....
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby Q' lypse » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:46 am

rastaman wrote:Forgot to add...i attempted to say a prayer but that was the quickest prayer or lack thereof i ever did (~2 sec. into it, i'm like WTF am i praying to) but still said Amen :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: , wo b3 ka nokwer3. :lol: . You see how Christianity still got its grips on us?

I used to have nightmares, it was kind of darkness, paralysis and this horrible sound that came with it. Whenever it happened, i would keep repeating Jesus multiple times then it would go away, i would wake up panting. When I got into spirituality and I started reading books on past lives etc early 04, i realized there is no devil or non of that bullshits the religion i was born into fed my subconscious. These nightmare used to occur like once every 2-3 months. Not long after finding these books, one of these nightmares tried to creep up again. The moment it started happening, "I said FUC.K OFF", literally! There I was awake with a swag! It stopped there! The last time this nightmare came back was in 06 I think, if i remember correctly. That one die3 i was kinda like an observer, and woke up, like this is a joke, you are done! No more!

Later I realized by being an observer or lucidly dreaming, I was able to control this so called nightmare. I can wake myself up. The Jesus utterance meant speaking up to wake myself up, I could have said Adwoa Mansa, anything at all but because that day I was just tired of it all, hence swearing to release myself from the grips of fear. Fear that there is a devil who is trying to invade my dreams, siasem aa kwa kwa!!
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby Q' lypse » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:49 am

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
Make a request. Before you go to sleep, write down a question about a problem that bothers you. Ask the Dream Master or your own spiritual teacher for guidance on this question. Lie down, and close your eyes.

Sing HU. Softly sing HU (pronounced like the word hue) for about five minutes. HU is an ancient name for God. It has the unique ability to lift you into a higher state of awareness. Singing HU connects you with Divine Spirit, or ECK, which can be seen as an inner light or heard as sound.

www.eckankar.org

Yeeei bra Kwame, I was expecting this koraa, what took you so long? :lol:
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:37 am

Q' lypse wrote:
rastaman wrote:Don't have an answer to the question but i had a terrible dream last night. Around 1:30am, i awoke from a dream-like state (don't remember exactly what i was dreaming about) and there appeared to be a woman present in my room standing with her shoulders towards me at an angle.

Hmm....
ive heard people describe these kinds of dreams before. Paralysis when somebody appears standing over them or near them. The topic of dreams is a big field and complicated like life itself so I'm more of a listener than a talker. Anybody who comes to you and say they can box up what dreams are will be lying to you.

Kwame is right, you alone can interpret your dreams. Its something I do and usually the meanings of my dreams jump at me the moment i wake up. My strong psychic abilities or what some may call six sense are in my dreams. On a good day in my dreams I see my own future, past lives and even other lives on different worlds. Anyway enough said....

To box up dreams will be like a man in a boat attempting to put the oceans and outer space into a container.
You can get useful information from bookstores or lectures.But any serious attempt at studying dreams must come with the setting up of a dream laboratory and a strong desire to experiment( take a dive).
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:08 am

Q' lypse wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: , wo b3 ka nokwer3. :lol: . You see how Christianity still got its grips on us?

I used to have nightmares, it was kind of darkness, paralysis and this horrible sound that came with it. Whenever it happened, i would keep repeating Jesus multiple times then it would go away, i would wake up panting. When I got into spirituality and I started reading books on past lives etc early 04, i realized there is no devil or non of that bullshits the religion i was born into fed my subconscious. These nightmare used to occur like once every 2-3 months. Not long after finding these books, one of these nightmares tried to creep up again. The moment it started happening, "I said FUC.K OFF", literally! There I was awake with a swag! It stopped there! The last time this nightmare came back was in 06 I think, if i remember correctly. That one die3 i was kinda like an observer, and woke up, like this is a joke, you are done! No more!

Later I realized by being an observer or lucidly dreaming, I was able to control this so called nightmare. I can wake myself up. The Jesus utterance meant speaking up to wake myself up, I could have said Adwoa Mansa, anything at all but because that day I was just tired of it all, hence swearing to release myself from the grips of fear. Fear that there is a devil who is trying to invade my dreams, siasem aa kwa kwa!!

Yes my bro. There is the devil; witchcraft and psychic attack. It is not bullshit. It I real.
I've had nightmares in the past; not so often now. Ou learn to deal with them.
Understanding what they are and why they happen is crucial like everything else.
Those who say things like.... Oh it's all just fantasy or figment of one's imagination will in time learn dream is much much more than fantasy. Dreams are real.
Basically there is a function or a defence mechanism in our minds that stops us from accepting truth head- on. The mind artfully process information or experience in a way that will not shock or cause distress to us.
Children have more nightmares because that filter in the mind has not fully develop yet.
In adults,exposing ourselves to mind bending drugs,horror movies and even over eating before bedtime can prevent the proper functioning of the mind's defence mechanism.
Let me make what I believe is an important point worth noting.
It is not a matter of stopping a nightmare by shouting Jesus, F.. Off or Akosua Mansah.
You want to understand what is happening to you. It is not a matter of stopping it.
Let say you are walking along a road in the night and come upon something you first thought was a snake. You can scream Akosua Mansah and run back or jump over it. You may escape but never know for a fact whether it was a snake or not. You may even decide to avoid making future journeys on that road.
However,if you could do the right thing such as shinning a light,it may be that what you thought was a snake is a rope.
You don't way nightmares to stop. You want to know what they are. Am l making sense.
Why do you need a spiritual guide?
More Later
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:39 am

Q' lypse wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:

www.eckankar.org

Yeeei bra Kwame, I was expecting this koraa, what took you so long? :lol:

:lol: You see bra,just as physical exercise builds physical vitality,spiritual exercise builds spiritual vitality.
Largely,this is the missing ingredient in many failures be they physical or spiritual.
Question. Do you have a technique or spiritual exercise you use in your dream study? Would you like to share this?
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc

Return to Osofo Joint (religion)