Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

WHY ARE WE ALL AFRAID OF DEATH..?

All about God and Gods

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

Postby maradona » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:08 pm

i think the reason why people are afraid of death is simple, we as human have the brain to think about our future, and the fact that we have no idea where we go when we die bring some fear in us. imagine if we really know that we go to a better place, will death be bad at all.? think about how excited Ghanians get when they find out they are going abroad they will do anything to get out even if it means abandoning their families.

my point is we have many speculations but only a few can face death based on their believes, like the radical Muslims, and maybe people who commit suicide.
maradona
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:31 am

Postby 4th_Official » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:35 am

quophi aletse wrote:fred .... nobody loses his/her life ...... life is eternal and nobody loses anything ...... we will all discard the bodies that we HAVE someday ....... there is nothing wrong with that and it is a natural process and agreement most of us have agreed to in this specific relativity we are in at this moment.

In a spiritual sense, yes. no one loses his/her life.

also bro there are no accidents in life ...... everything that happens has a valid cause that is causing the effects perfectly. Nobody dies by accident or can literally go too early or too soon or when it was not his/her time to go. All these gone too soon, not his/her time etc all dwell in our limited human perspective and does little justice to wat is really going on.

Spiritually, yes. But in the flesh and physical sense, it's a different story. That's what I'm getting at. The physical aspect of things. you don't want to focus solely on the spiritual and neglect the physical, or?
Btw, do you believe the soul/spirit man has a mission to accomplish here on earth?


kids and babies come into this world and die shortly not by accident but with an important purpose of giving the mother and family an opportunity to look at certain issues, or perhaps bring a family in disunity together, etc etc etc and etc ........ there are many reasons why a kid will just come into this world and die shortly ...... the disease, sickness and pain are all effects of a very important and purposeful cause. A soul in its infinite wisdom can and does use death for its important purposes.

Again, spiritually, yes. But physically, it's a different story. Consider a mom going through 9 months of carrying the baby, and the pain she goes through to deliver the baby only for the baby to die. That's got to hurt. Spiritually, it's different.

my understanding of karma is that it is self imposed ...... if u kill someone in this life, u are not REQUIRED to come back into the world and be killed ..... my understanding is that if i kill someone in this life, there is or maybe an imbalance imprinted at the soul level due to many variables such as the energy that the person i killed sent my way as i killed him/her which will be a very powerful intensified energy as the experience of being kill seems to be a very intensified experience ...... there maybe many many many other variables that contribute to an imbalance i dont know but with that imbalance (for both the killer and the 1 killed), at the soul level, a being may decide according to that being the best way to balance that imbalance. There is no obligation that hey u killed someone ..... go down there and be killed too....... at the soul level we are very very very wise beings and through our own reflections and moving deeper into our inner core, we are able to decide and make perfect decisions on how to balance our energy among many many other things.

what about the physical level? Karma doesn't happen at the physical level, only spiritual? sometimes when the spirit is grieving, it shows on the flesh. what about karma? or you just interpret it different than everybody else?

Death is seen very differently at the soul level where our true being is .... as compared to our limited human perspective and ego.

1 of the 5 difficult questions for our egos to wrestle with is very applicable here???

WHO AM I ??

that question is one of the pillars of all this fear of death and other misunderstandings about death......

we do not kow who we truly are for if we truly knew who we truly are, we will fear not.

spirit and flesh are like a guy who travels to some place. when he's going, he's aware it wont be a permanent stay, but yet when he goes he settles in and feels too comfortable. when it's time to leave, then it's a problem. that's how I see. spiritually, this isn't our home but we've settled in and feel too comfortable. how many people neglect their spirituality? I'm arguing the fear of death from a physical and fleshly perspective. We don't wanna leave... yet. right now, walk up to the average person and and tell them about dying, their fear would be regrets about something they were doing that they didn't finish, or something they never got to do, leaving kids behind, not seeing some dream come to life. that's what the fear is about. spiritually, it's a different story.
User avatar
4th_Official
MSc
MSc
 
Posts: 15690
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:27 pm

Postby 4th_Official » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:47 am

Q' lypse wrote:So who is asking this/these question(s)?
I can't explain the questions of death in terms of a "who" per-say, but I'd like to argue that death does occur at a TIME (when) and in a FORM(how). Spiritually, (depending on the individual's beliefs) you can answer "who" is asking these questions.

the same way insurance systems operate. They will pay up if a person smoked himself/himself to death but they won't pay if that person committed suicide. They are both suicides, no? But time is the important factor here. They dont wanna hear gone too soon.
Essentially yes, but then again, consider people who poor eating, exercising habits, isn't that also suicide in the broad sense? Insurance companies treat death like a business. :lol: Just like some people use their loved ones funerals to be flashy-flahsy

if we think we r our bodies, then ok. If we think this meat is who we truly are, then ok.
I personally there's more to an individual than the flesh, but where does the average person stand on that though? It's not everyone that believes in such things. I was analyzing the fear of death from a physical, fleshly view. Spiritually, it's different.

what if i tell you you already know how you are going to go out? Tupac knew he would die young and he knew how he was going to die and sang it in a lot of his songs. A statement he once made was, i know how im going to die, it won't be people screaming, noise.... It will be quiet and im just going to fade out. He died in hospital quietly from bullet wounds he suffered. Somehow he knew.

If your conscious mind gets in the way, fear will dominate your thoughts and so called death (if there is anything like that). the shock of someone departing unannounced is crazy to think about but that is because we are not in tuned with who we are. We are not in tuned with spirit. If you could remember or get a glimpse of yourself, of what happens when you fall asleep, places YOU (yes, the true-real YOU) go, visit, you will know there is nothing called death.
Tupac = exception to the rule? :P Perhaps what Tupac was describing was at the spiritual level. Physically, fleshly people normally cry, make noise, etc., when a love one departs. Not to mention bullet shots? Guy might have been in pain. :lol:
User avatar
4th_Official
MSc
MSc
 
Posts: 15690
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:27 pm

Postby Q' lypse » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:22 am

maradona wrote:i think the reason why people are afraid of death is simple, we as human have the brain to think about our future, and the fact that we have no idea where we go when we die bring some fear in us. imagine if we really know that we go to a better place, will death be bad at all.? think about how excited Ghanians get when they find out they are going abroad they will do anything to get out even if it means abandoning their families.

my point is we have many speculations but only a few can face death based on their believes, like the radical Muslims, and maybe people who commit suicide.
do we try to find out? our religions are part of this so called speculations. religions are like a mind disease that is hard to get healed. people have had near death experiences and reported them, documented them about this eternal peace, love, security, seen loved ones who have passed on telling them its not their time yet, there is no death, that they would rather be there than come back in these bodies and this world which is full of pain, cruelty and hate etc etc yet because our religions have us hooked on some scary nonsense since we were children we won't allow ourselves to look into this, we won't listen, because other religions or ways of thoughts (especially the eastern mystics teachings) are different from ours, therefore it is evil, it can't be true, and all kinds of horrible labels we give them.

maradona, tell me you haven't heard or read a near death experience before and if you have, what do you think
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20554
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby maradona » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:03 am

Q' lypse wrote:
maradona wrote:i think the reason why people are afraid of death is simple, we as human have the brain to think about our future, and the fact that we have no idea where we go when we die bring some fear in us. imagine if we really know that we go to a better place, will death be bad at all.? think about how excited Ghanians get when they find out they are going abroad they will do anything to get out even if it means abandoning their families.

my point is we have many speculations but only a few can face death based on their believes, like the radical Muslims, and maybe people who commit suicide.
do we try to find out? our religions are part of this so called speculations. religions are like a mind disease that is hard to get healed. people have had near death experiences and reported them, documented them about this eternal peace, love, security, seen loved ones who have passed on telling them its not their time yet, there is no death, that they would rather be there than come back in these bodies and this world which is full of pain, cruelty and hate etc etc yet because our religions have us hooked on some scary nonsense since we were children we won't allow ourselves to look into this, we won't listen, because other religions or ways of thoughts (especially the eastern mystics teachings) are different from ours, therefore it is evil, it can't be true, and all kinds of horrible labels we give them.

maradona, tell me you haven't heard or read a near death experience before and if you have, what do you think


a couple yrs ago it was snowing so i turned the tv on to see if my school was close and this story was on.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhT36Diz ... 1077366E5F

i didnt believe it, and it is the only nde i have ever heard.

i think most us have our own believes about death so we dont focus too much on it, many church organization believe they know where they go when they die.
maradona
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:31 am

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:15 am

Reading of hearing about NDE only seeks to whet your appetite.lt is a million miles from experiencing out-of-body-experience.
l doubt whether the fear of death wld simply be gone after watching a clip or documentary on the subject.
You have to experience these things first hand. lm not saying you have to wait for a near fatal accident to find out you are not the physical shell.
There are easy ways to expand your consciousness and be rid of the fear of death.One way l know is to sing HU a spiritually charged word for 10 to 15 minutes before bedtime.
Do this sincerely with an open heart and in a matter of days of weeks,you will start experiencing the art of dream or Soul projection.
l know some wld shy away from the mere mention of eg Soul Travel.
They believe they are Soul,created by God.They also believe they are travellers in this world.
lf you believe you are Soul and believe you are a traveller,why do you shy away or reject Soul Travel?
People will not be so afraid of death if they knew where they went after death.
Learning to leave your body naturally can be done while still alive.You do it many times so when the time comes to leave your body form for the last time,you welcome it and go without fear.
Reading all the books on this subject in all the great libraries cannot make you drop this fear.
Like swimming,you cannot learn by reading.This is the problem with many religions.They make so much noise about words and reading but very little by way of practical personal experience.
lt can be likened to a swimming pool.All the noise,move over,this is my spot and over crowding is at the shallow end of the pool.
The real swimmers at the deep end have freedom and makes less noise.
Believing and Knowing are worlds apart.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2367
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Location: London

Postby Q' lypse » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:41 am

maradona wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:
maradona wrote:i think the reason why people are afraid of death is simple, we as human have the brain to think about our future, and the fact that we have no idea where we go when we die bring some fear in us. imagine if we really know that we go to a better place, will death be bad at all.? think about how excited Ghanians get when they find out they are going abroad they will do anything to get out even if it means abandoning their families.

my point is we have many speculations but only a few can face death based on their believes, like the radical Muslims, and maybe people who commit suicide.
do we try to find out? our religions are part of this so called speculations. religions are like a mind disease that is hard to get healed. people have had near death experiences and reported them, documented them about this eternal peace, love, security, seen loved ones who have passed on telling them its not their time yet, there is no death, that they would rather be there than come back in these bodies and this world which is full of pain, cruelty and hate etc etc yet because our religions have us hooked on some scary nonsense since we were children we won't allow ourselves to look into this, we won't listen, because other religions or ways of thoughts (especially the eastern mystics teachings) are different from ours, therefore it is evil, it can't be true, and all kinds of horrible labels we give them.

maradona, tell me you haven't heard or read a near death experience before and if you have, what do you think


a couple yrs ago it was snowing so i turned the tv on to see if my school was close and this story was on.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhT36Diz ... 1077366E5F

i didnt believe it, and it is the only nde i have ever heard.

i think most us have our own believes about death so we dont focus too much on it, many church organization believe they know where they go when they die.


why don't you believe it? what makes you doubt the boy? so you don't want to hear about another person's experience?
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20554
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby Q' lypse » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:23 am

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:Reading of hearing about NDE only seeks to whet your appetite.lt is a million miles from experiencing out-of-body-experience.
l doubt whether the fear of death wld simply be gone after watching a clip or documentary on the subject.
You have to experience these things first hand. lm not saying you have to wait for a near fatal accident to find out you are not the physical shell.
There are easy ways to expand your consciousness and be rid of the fear of death.One way l know is to sing HU a spiritually charged word for 10 to 15 minutes before bedtime.


That is one huge difference between you and I. The person doubts, the person has fear of death. Talking about experiencing death is even worse than the previous fear of death they had. It starts in stages. Humans are more comfortable when they hear another human being with no agenda talk about an experience they've had, this is why I would start with books or video clips. Humans read other humans. By looking into a person's eyes describing such an experience as death their curiosity would be sparked, attraction. The fear might still be there and that is ok, but now they have a certain belief that is more comforting and helps. It is stages, a baby doesn't just start eating cassava/bankye, banku, face the wall/abetie3, they start with breast milk then move into more solid foods. And Im not trying to be condensing using the analogy of babies. Its is letting go of fear, a belief held on for years and leaving it behind is more like it.

Na wo die3 all of a sudden sing hu, hu, everyday hu, that is like telling a baby to fast to be full. Its a totally different concept and people won't be comfortable with that. It would be branded occult, satanic chanting and all sorts of fear associated with it. You have to take it easy. Its a put off. A lot of people are closed minded so such things will be given the boot. I am one person who likes the sound of chants etc that is why the 1st time I saw you post a link here, I believe it was 2004/05 on this forum and I listened to it, I liked it. You have to out yourself in the average person's shoes big bro. The hu is likely to scare people away. Then there is soul travel, oh lord, now that.....

Stages.. This is why I'm using dialectics talking to Maradona.


Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
Reading all the books on this subject in all the great libraries cannot make you drop this fear.


it helps get rid of layers of fear. I know this. It is a human experience but it doesn't always work for everyone though. It is a beginning for most people.

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
Like swimming,you cannot learn by reading.This is the problem with many religions.They make so much noise about words and reading but very little by way of practical personal experience.
lt can be likened to a swimming pool.All the noise,move over,this is my spot and over crowding is at the shallow end of the pool.
The real swimmers at the deep end have freedom and makes less noise.
Believing and Knowing are worlds apart.


I will tell you a short story. When I was in primary sch at ust primary sch. The varsity's swimming pool was just behind our sch. We used to go there for PE, to learn how to swim. I can't tell you the fear that some of my mates experienced before touching the water. It was by force that they had to go in there. Now that is not nice as you know our education system and its beatings. Looking and listening to a swimmer talk about the warmth of the water (documented death experience, reading), the various swimming styles, butterfly, freestyle etc, the feel of the bottom of the pool etc etc entices the individual who is listening, watching (ie, reading books or watching videos of such experiences), they may want to feel it, they may want to try it. After watching and listening to the swimmer, their fear of death/water has lessened. From there you can take their hand splash small small. Don't just start taking their hand to pool and say, come lets go and learn how to swim. You will see how strongly they will pull away. Meanwhile its probably the first time they've been around this large body of water. Now that would be, singing hu and them soul travels what not.
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20554
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby maradona » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:29 pm

Q' lypse wrote:
maradona wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:
maradona wrote:i think the reason why people are afraid of death is simple, we as human have the brain to think about our future, and the fact that we have no idea where we go when we die bring some fear in us. imagine if we really know that we go to a better place, will death be bad at all.? think about how excited Ghanians get when they find out they are going abroad they will do anything to get out even if it means abandoning their families.

my point is we have many speculations but only a few can face death based on their believes, like the radical Muslims, and maybe people who commit suicide.
do we try to find out? our religions are part of this so called speculations. religions are like a mind disease that is hard to get healed. people have had near death experiences and reported them, documented them about this eternal peace, love, security, seen loved ones who have passed on telling them its not their time yet, there is no death, that they would rather be there than come back in these bodies and this world which is full of pain, cruelty and hate etc etc yet because our religions have us hooked on some scary nonsense since we were children we won't allow ourselves to look into this, we won't listen, because other religions or ways of thoughts (especially the eastern mystics teachings) are different from ours, therefore it is evil, it can't be true, and all kinds of horrible labels we give them.

maradona, tell me you haven't heard or read a near death experience before and if you have, what do you think


a couple yrs ago it was snowing so i turned the tv on to see if my school was close and this story was on.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhT36Diz ... 1077366E5F

i didnt believe it, and it is the only nde i have ever heard.

i think most us have our own believes about death so we dont focus too much on it, many church organization believe they know where they go when they die.


why don't you believe it? what makes you doubt the boy? so you don't want to hear about another person's experience?


Q think really hard about what is happening here. I think the kids dad is a pastor at some church. if you start paying attention to his story he is pretty much describing the believes of his dad church and exactly how the europeans want us to believe what jesus look like( he describe jesus as blue eye blond hair in one of the youtube video). so my question is why does it always have to be something that they believe for example why didnt he see mohammed or the other millions of gods and messiahs that we use to worship. if he was a muslim the story will be diferent, if he was chinese the story would be different.

I would be more impress if he saw mohammed because thats far from many christians thought and they never ever imagine him being in heaven or anywhere. i hope you know what im trying to say.

i think the family is just using it for their financial gain, they have written a book about it and I am sure they have made more money than they ever imagine, this is what the american dream is all about deceiving people and making as much money as you can even if it will hurt the victim in the long run.

then again i dont know the kid might be right and there is really heaven and hell. 8)
maradona
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:31 am

Postby Q' lypse » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:17 pm

maradona wrote:Q think really hard about what is happening here. I think the kids dad is a pastor at some church. if you start paying attention to his story he is pretty much describing the believes of his dad church and exactly how the europeans want us to believe what jesus look like( he describe jesus as blue eye blond hair in one of the youtube video). so my question is why does it always have to be something that they believe for example why didnt he see mohammed or the other millions of gods and messiahs that we use to worship. if he was a muslim the story will be diferent, if he was chinese the story would be different.

I would be more impress if he saw mohammed because thats far from many christians thought and they never ever imagine him being in heaven or anywhere. i hope you know what im trying to say.

i think the family is just using it for their financial gain, they have written a book about it and I am sure they have made more money than they ever imagine, this is what the american dream is all about deceiving people and making as much money as you can even if it will hurt the victim in the long run.

then again i dont know the kid might be right and there is really heaven and hell. 8)


This is exactly what I was expecting you to say. I'm glad you made that observation. They have a Christian background. Trust me, there are many accounts of other Christians who have had near death experiences seeing what they believe in their religion, heaven, hell, Jesus, angels, white robs, choir etc. I don't doubt the boy's account at all but the religion of his parents is deep inside him even at that young age that, in a near death experience, he gets to see all what he's been taught in Sunday school.

Why don't you explore a little? There are Muslim accounts of near death experiences, there are Buddhists, there are those who embraced all religions experiences, there are those who are not religious at all, like the actress, Sharon Stone's account of NDE. No funny religious figures in it, nothing like that. This is why I asked why you don't wanna hear about others accounts of NDE.
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20554
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby maradona » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Q' lypse wrote:
maradona wrote:Q think really hard about what is happening here. I think the kids dad is a pastor at some church. if you start paying attention to his story he is pretty much describing the believes of his dad church and exactly how the europeans want us to believe what jesus look like( he describe jesus as blue eye blond hair in one of the youtube video). so my question is why does it always have to be something that they believe for example why didnt he see mohammed or the other millions of gods and messiahs that we use to worship. if he was a muslim the story will be diferent, if he was chinese the story would be different.

I would be more impress if he saw mohammed because thats far from many christians thought and they never ever imagine him being in heaven or anywhere. i hope you know what im trying to say.

i think the family is just using it for their financial gain, they have written a book about it and I am sure they have made more money than they ever imagine, this is what the american dream is all about deceiving people and making as much money as you can even if it will hurt the victim in the long run.

then again i dont know the kid might be right and there is really heaven and hell. 8)


This is exactly what I was expecting you to say. I'm glad you made that observation. They have a Christian background. Trust me, there are many accounts of other Christians who have had near death experiences seeing what they believe in their religion, heaven, hell, Jesus, angels, white robs, choir etc. I don't doubt the boy's account at all but the religion of his parents is deep inside him even at that young age that, in a near death experience, he gets to see all what he's been taught in Sunday school.

Why don't you explore a little? There are Muslim accounts of near death experiences, there are Buddhists, there are those who embraced all religions experiences, there are those who are not religious at all, like the actress, Sharon Stone's account of NDE. No funny religious figures in it, nothing like that. This is why I asked why you don't wanna hear about others accounts of NDE.


alright boss i will check them out and let you know what i think.
maradona
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:31 am

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Q,the talking,reading and listening is good.lt whets your appetite.They are the bankye and kosey the mind needs to chew on.
The baby milk is the doing.lt is taking practical steps to act.You want to experience whatever it is first hand.
Why do you think Christ said until you become as children,you shall not exprience the kingdom of heaven?
l used to play a game with my daughter when she was a nipper.She wld stand at the top of the stairs and throw herself to me at the bottom landing.Her brain hasn't developed to the level of allowing fear in.All she knows is that Daddy's arms are ever ready to catch her.
As she grew up,she'd hesitate or reduce the distance between us before jumping.
She will be 14 soon. l can still catch her if she threw herself down from the top stair.But she will not.Why? She knows what will happen if lm not able to catch her.She doesn't trust me 100% to be able to catch her.Fear and perhaps common sense will not allow her to take such risk.

Now back to the topic.
Fear of Death.Some fear death.Others don't fear death.
For those who fear death,some are resigned to fearing death.They want things to remain the way they are.They are not worried about getting rid of the fear of death.They have accepted this fear.
Then there are those who fear death and are looking for ways to get rid of the fear.Some have found solace in religion,philosophy and other humanities.
Some however would want to find out what death is and what lies beyond death.There are persons who wld do anything to find this out.
Death can be compared to the ancients who thought beyond the Rock of Gilbratar was nothingness;dark unknown.
Some of them accepted the known "fact" and didn't bother to worry about what this nothingness was all about.Others sat in the pubs and courts debating the nothingness.Some nutcases took vessels and sailed into the nothingness.
These nutcases didn't just find a whole continent bigger than the land they knew but even found life and civilization.
When we debate Fear of Death,there is room for all.There are those who don't care about the subject.They are those who will talk about it till the cows come home.They are those who would want to hear everything being said about it.
There's a small group who want to know so badly they are prepared to set sail beyond the rock of gilbratar.
We learn to crawl before walking.lt is good to take things step by step.lt is natural to live on fluids before starting on solids.
l cannot speak for anyone here.Personally,lm crawling and lm still taking fluids.lm a student.lm curious. l like to take things one step at a time. But l prefer to take a deep than get lectured on the temp of the river.
When you have a great yearning to know something,there is no room left for fear.
BTW,HU is a love song to God.When sang regularly,it fill your heart with love.lncreasingly,there will be less and less room for fear.
WHAT WOULD MAKE MARADONA believe without a shadow of a doubt about NDE?
Debates,explanations discussion can help.But Maradona will not be asking these questions if he has had NDE himself.
The little contribution l was making is that there are many ways to experience these things without necessarily having a near fatal accident.There are many ways.One way l know is to experience it by practicing a spiritual exercise.
Singing HU is the one l know.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2367
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Location: London

Postby Q' lypse » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:19 am

captain_fred wrote:So who is asking this/these question(s)?
I can't explain the questions of death in terms of a "who" per-say, but I'd like to argue that death does occur at a TIME (when) and in a FORM(how). Spiritually, (depending on the individual's beliefs) you can answer "who" is asking these questions.
If spirit/soul/who you truly are doesn't/can't and knows it can't die then you know its the human ego/mind that is speaking, the limited conscious mind.

captain_fred wrote:Essentially yes, but then again, consider people who poor eating, exercising habits, isn't that also suicide in the broad sense? Insurance companies treat death like a business. :lol: Just like some people use their loved ones funerals to be flashy-flahsy
:lol: funny, business indeed. But what is proper eating habit? Food is food and we supposed to eat no? What would be suicide in eating?
But what is the purpose of smoking for the body, what is it use? What is alcohol's mission for the body, except maybe red wine? These are as deadly as putting water in a car's fuel tank.

captain_fred wrote:I personally there's more to an individual than the flesh, but where does the average person stand on that though? It's not everyone that believes in such things. I was analyzing the fear of death from a physical, fleshly view. Spiritually, it's different.

today I can tell you a good percentage of Christians will tell you we are spirit. But I don't know how many they believe in it, its a belief after all. They believe right after death, its heaven. But isn't it their same bible that also says when you die you go into a deep coma (the longest coma you will ever go into), Im talking about the deep sleep until the lord comes? And when he comes, through the sky (probably the biggest movie screen ever), all the bodies that have been buried will rise up from the dirt? The rotten bodies that are now dirt, the bodies that disintegrated in the deep sea, the bodies that were eating by other animals and insects will miraculously manifest. Ehi! Mo hw3 ni yie oo, hmm. So which is which? You take the spirit or the deep coma dirt? Your untouchable bible says so.
Last edited by Q' lypse on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20554
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby quophi aletse » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:08 am

Q' lypse wrote: :lol: funny, business indeed. But what is proper eating habit? Food is food and we supposed to eat no? What would be suicide in eating?
But what is the purpose of smoking for the body, what is it use? What is alcohol's mission for the body, except maybe red wine? These are as deadly as putting water in a car's fuel tank.


yes we can all eat more beneficially to our bodies as compared to wat is being paraded in north america/western societies as food......

eg meat stays in ur stomach for too long and is more dense as compared to plants base food...... but that doesnt mean if u eat meat u are bad or less or watever ...... u desire a lighter physical body eat lighter energetic foods else eat watever that helps u accomplished watever u are up to ...... it all up to u and ur preference....


but Qripsi .... i see u defending ur red devil's water ....... except wetin??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
u like that ur red devil's water paa :lol: :lol: :lol: ...... but the body was not meant to ingest the devil's water period .... or??? :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter
 
Posts: 30287
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:29 pm
Location: here

Postby quophi aletse » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:20 am

captain_fred wrote:
quophi aletse wrote:fred .... nobody loses his/her life ...... life is eternal and nobody loses anything ...... we will all discard the bodies that we HAVE someday ....... there is nothing wrong with that and it is a natural process and agreement most of us have agreed to in this specific relativity we are in at this moment.

In a spiritual sense, yes. no one loses his/her life.

also bro there are no accidents in life ...... everything that happens has a valid cause that is causing the effects perfectly. Nobody dies by accident or can literally go too early or too soon or when it was not his/her time to go. All these gone too soon, not his/her time etc all dwell in our limited human perspective and does little justice to wat is really going on.

Spiritually, yes. But in the flesh and physical sense, it's a different story. That's what I'm getting at. The physical aspect of things. you don't want to focus solely on the spiritual and neglect the physical, or?
Btw, do you believe the soul/spirit man has a mission to accomplish here on earth?


kids and babies come into this world and die shortly not by accident but with an important purpose of giving the mother and family an opportunity to look at certain issues, or perhaps bring a family in disunity together, etc etc etc and etc ........ there are many reasons why a kid will just come into this world and die shortly ...... the disease, sickness and pain are all effects of a very important and purposeful cause. A soul in its infinite wisdom can and does use death for its important purposes.

Again, spiritually, yes. But physically, it's a different story. Consider a mom going through 9 months of carrying the baby, and the pain she goes through to deliver the baby only for the baby to die. That's got to hurt. Spiritually, it's different.

my understanding of karma is that it is self imposed ...... if u kill someone in this life, u are not REQUIRED to come back into the world and be killed ..... my understanding is that if i kill someone in this life, there is or maybe an imbalance imprinted at the soul level due to many variables such as the energy that the person i killed sent my way as i killed him/her which will be a very powerful intensified energy as the experience of being kill seems to be a very intensified experience ...... there maybe many many many other variables that contribute to an imbalance i dont know but with that imbalance (for both the killer and the 1 killed), at the soul level, a being may decide according to that being the best way to balance that imbalance. There is no obligation that hey u killed someone ..... go down there and be killed too....... at the soul level we are very very very wise beings and through our own reflections and moving deeper into our inner core, we are able to decide and make perfect decisions on how to balance our energy among many many other things.

what about the physical level? Karma doesn't happen at the physical level, only spiritual? sometimes when the spirit is grieving, it shows on the flesh. what about karma? or you just interpret it different than everybody else?

Death is seen very differently at the soul level where our true being is .... as compared to our limited human perspective and ego.

1 of the 5 difficult questions for our egos to wrestle with is very applicable here???

WHO AM I ??

that question is one of the pillars of all this fear of death and other misunderstandings about death......

we do not kow who we truly are for if we truly knew who we truly are, we will fear not.

spirit and flesh are like a guy who travels to some place. when he's going, he's aware it wont be a permanent stay, but yet when he goes he settles in and feels too comfortable. when it's time to leave, then it's a problem. that's how I see. spiritually, this isn't our home but we've settled in and feel too comfortable. how many people neglect their spirituality? I'm arguing the fear of death from a physical and fleshly perspective. We don't wanna leave... yet. right now, walk up to the average person and and tell them about dying, their fear would be regrets about something they were doing that they didn't finish, or something they never got to do, leaving kids behind, not seeing some dream come to life. that's what the fear is about. spiritually, it's a different story.


fred i hear you and what u are describing is truly the prevailing human perspective around death..... anyways i understand what u are saying ......
User avatar
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter
 
Posts: 30287
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:29 pm
Location: here

Postby SIEGER » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:46 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
User avatar
SIEGER
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 4590
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:26 am
Location: ARMAGEDDON

Postby Q' lypse » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:58 am

SIEGER wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


u started a fire
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20554
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby SIEGER » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:28 am

Q' lypse wrote:
SIEGER wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


u started a fire


I swear! :lol: :lol:

I never even explained my main point..

Besides where dey ur alter EGOs; Mt Zion, Zion, Justin White? :roll: :roll:
User avatar
SIEGER
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 4590
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:26 am
Location: ARMAGEDDON

Postby Q' lypse » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:51 am

SIEGER wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:
SIEGER wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


u started a fire


I swear! :lol: :lol:

I never even explained my main point..

Besides where dey ur alter EGOs; Mt Zion, Zion, Justin White? :roll: :roll:

Who knows. But there are two people to ask, Abena Janet and Ksarp.
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20554
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby quophi aletse » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Q' lypse wrote:
SIEGER wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:
SIEGER wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


u started a fire


I swear! :lol: :lol:

I never even explained my main point..

Besides where dey ur alter EGOs; Mt Zion, Zion, Justin White? :roll: :roll:

Who knows. But there are two people to ask, Abena Janet and Ksarp.
zion be ur altered ego?????? eiii things dey lungulungu for this world paa
User avatar
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter
 
Posts: 30287
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:29 pm
Location: here

PreviousNext

Return to Osofo Joint (religion)



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests