Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

A SPIRITUAL EXERCISE TO TRY

All about God and Gods

Moderators: deciiva, Q' lypse

Postby Q' lypse » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:29 am

Quophi, look at Opia's first 3 paragraphs, don't you have anything to say
User avatar
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc
 
Posts: 19953
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby quophi aletse » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Q' lypse wrote:Quophi, look at Opia's first 3 paragraphs, don't you have anything to say


..... nothing dey come to me ooo pastor :cry: :cry:

sry if i have offended u with my inability to say sonting ....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
quophi aletse
Heavy Hitter
Heavy Hitter
 
Posts: 28887
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:29 pm
Location: here

Postby Q' lypse » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:51 am

quophi aletse wrote:
Q' lypse wrote:Quophi, look at Opia's first 3 paragraphs, don't you have anything to say


..... nothing dey come to me ooo pastor :cry: :cry:

sry if i have offended u with my inability to say sonting ....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


:lol: :lol: :lol: not like that at all. Thought you would have something to say about Opia telling Kwame, he is his name etc etc, but its cool
User avatar
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc
 
Posts: 19953
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:07 am

You "suddenly" find yourself living on a spinning and revolving ball.You are aware you have on average about 25,567 days period of existence.
How you decide to spend this time is up to you really.
WHO ARE YOU?
WHY ARE YOU HERE?
WHERE NEXT?
The great Persian Sage Moulana Jalaludin Rumi was asking this questions at age 5.
Socrates paid with his life for showing people howthe step by step techniques and lifestyle needed to PERSONALLY find these answers.

Jesus was telling grey haired clerics about these questions at age 12.
Albert Einstein believed only sheep will not be bothered with these questions.
My own father(may God bless him)was asking these questions at age 65.
Buddha gave away his entire inheritance to find answers to these questions.lt must be said he later found out he could well have found the answers without giving up his wealth and titles.
Opiamensa already have the answers but see no point in others finding it out for themselves.

Even at age 6 or 7 when l was reciting the bible verse...."Heaven and Earth Shall Pass Away But My WORD Shall Not Pass AWAY" at our school's prize and speech ceremony,l faintly knew what l will be looking for in life.

At age 19,an inner burning desire to know wasn't giving me any rest.
l gave up drinking alcohol for good on the 27th of August 1987 when l found out personally that such practice would delay my quest.l must stress it was a personal decision and have found out to be a wise choice indeed.

How l came upon the Spiritual Exercises of ECK.

More Later
Last edited by Kwame Nyame 64 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Location: London

Postby Q' lypse » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:57 pm

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
Albert Einstein believed on sheep will not be bothered with these questions.


:lol: :lol:

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
Buddha gave away his entire inheritance to find answers to these questions.lt must be said he later found out he could well have found the answers without giving up his wealth and titles.


Not exactly. It could have been a distraction The palace was choking him. It was his path to go without all the wealth.

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
l gave up drinking alcohol for good on the 27th of August 1987 when l found out personally that such practice would delay my quest.l must stress it was a personal decision and have found out to be a wise choice indeed.


Kai, speak for yourself.
:D :D
User avatar
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc
 
Posts: 19953
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby rastaman » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:04 pm

As my good friend will say "Interesting development" :lol: :lol: :lol:
rastaman
MSc
MSc
 
Posts: 15308
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:02 am
Location: "Humble African Passing through Babylon"

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:49 pm

Q' lypse wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
Albert Einstein believed on sheep will not be bothered with these questions.


:lol: :lol:

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
Buddha gave away his entire inheritance to find answers to these questions.lt must be said he later found out he could well have found the answers without giving up his wealth and titles.


Not exactly. It could have been a distraction The palace was choking him. It was his path to go without all the wealth.

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
l gave up drinking alcohol for good on the 27th of August 1987 when l found out personally that such practice would delay my quest.l must stress it was a personal decision and have found out to be a wise choice indeed.


Kai, speak for yourself.
:D :D


Q,Do you realise how the God-is-Dead and No-God generation wrongly claim and think science supports stance?
l often quote Einstein to those who think it is the dumb and simple minded fools who believe in God.
True science believe in God.

Giving up wealth didn't bring Buddha enlightenment.He gain the higher consciousness because he gave up his attachment to wealth.
There is nothing wrong in material things.The problem is undue attachment to material things.Buddha found that out.

Alcohol lowers your level of consciousness.lf your are looking for ways to raise your level of consciousness,l think kicking the drink habit is a good thing.Moderation is good but l generally don't like going halfway.
Also lm guided by the principle that every thought,word or deed either purifies or pollutes the body.
lm speaking for myself here.You are right. :lol: :lol: :lol:


So what about the Spiritual Exercises?
l left the religion l was born into because l rejected the suggested answers they gave me.
.l decided to pray for these answers.
When l 1st embarked on my search for answers to these three questions,l came across a teaching that taught..........





•Soul is eternal.
•Soul exists because God loves It.
•Soul is on a journey of Self- and God-Realization.
•Spiritual unfoldment can be accelerated through conscious contact with the ECK, Divine Spirit.
•This contact can be made via the Spiritual Exercises of ECK and the guidance of the Living ECK Master.
•You can actively explore the spiritual worlds through Soul Travel, dreams, and other spiritual techniques.
•Spiritual experience and liberation in this lifetime are available to all.



These basic points attracted me to Eckankar.lve never looked back since.
l must confess however the one big attraction was techniques taught for Soul Travel.
They claimed(at the time) in the books l read that one would hear certain sounds and see certain lights when he spend 10 to 15 each day singing HU,an ancient and sacred name for God.
When this experience 1st came to me,l remember l was singing HU in a group.l slowly opened one eye to check if the sound l was hearing wasn't one of the group members playing tricks.After satisfying myself,l closed my eyes and enjoyed the sound coming from somewhere deep within.
lt reminded me of something Jesus said in the bible...He said the wind blows and you hear this sound and you do not know where it is coming from or where it is going.He was talking about the Sound of God;the Holy Spirit.
lt is this same sound in various forms one hears singing HU.lt could be like the rush of thunder,sound of running water,thinkling of bells,roar of the sea,single note of a flute and many others.
More Later
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Location: London

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:43 pm

Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Location: London

Postby Janet » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:50 pm

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:HU SONG
http://www.eckankar.org/hu.html

How do people who are unable to speak sing Hu?
User avatar
Janet
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:04 am
Location: USA

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:20 pm

Janet wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:HU SONG
http://www.eckankar.org/hu.html

How do people who are unable to speak sing Hu?


You can sing HU inwardly.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Location: London

Postby Janet » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:45 pm

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
Janet wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:HU SONG
http://www.eckankar.org/hu.html

How do people who are unable to speak sing Hu?


You can sing HU inwardly.

Ok. Thanks for explaining that.
User avatar
Janet
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:04 am
Location: USA

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:50 pm

Janet wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
Janet wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:HU SONG
http://www.eckankar.org/hu.html

How do people who are unable to speak sing Hu?


You can sing HU inwardly.

Ok. Thanks for explaining that.


You are welcome dear
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Location: London

Postby OPIAMENSA » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:16 pm

Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
Janet wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:HU SONG
http://www.eckankar.org/hu.html

How do people who are unable to speak sing Hu?


You can sing HU inwardly.
I used to laugh so hard whenever you posted anything eck on this forum. I moved on to a sneering laugh when you started the spiritual exercise thread. I am aghast as to how you Kwame and other Ghanaians continue to deceive yourselves with a cocktail of imported, made up nonsense such as this. They do not have to provide you with any evidence. All they need from you is a grade 1 imagination and the ability to daydream (and maybe the ability to sniff the fumes from the tailpipe of a Kwesimintsim trotro.
I have since stopped laughing because about 90% of my countrymen believe in such crap! It is not very funny anymore. The future of my country and continent is at stake when we accept everything imported without due diligence and evidence.
Tigare help us! (although I am constantly reminded that, just like Yahweh, Tigare is quite incapable of helping us). However, I will choose Tigare over Yahweh because religion is like the stench that you produce when you have diarrhea. I can tolerate my own stench; I cannot tolerate the diarrhea stench coming from abroad.
User avatar
OPIAMENSA
SSS
SSS
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:21 pm
Location: MAKING LOVE ON CHRISTMAS ISLAND

Postby rastaman » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:33 pm

OPIAMENSA wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
Janet wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:HU SONG
http://www.eckankar.org/hu.html

How do people who are unable to speak sing Hu?


You can sing HU inwardly.
I used to laugh so hard whenever you posted anything eck on this forum. I moved on to a sneering laugh when you started the spiritual exercise thread. I am aghast as to how you Kwame and other Ghanaians continue to deceive yourselves with a cocktail of imported, made up nonsense such as this. They do not have to provide you with any evidence. All they need from you is a grade 1 imagination and the ability to daydream (and maybe the ability to sniff the fumes from the tailpipe of a Kwesimintsim trotro.
I have since stopped laughing because about 90% of my countrymen believe in such crap! It is not very funny anymore. The future of my country and continent is at stake when we accept everything imported without due diligence and evidence.
[i] Tigare help us! (although I am constantly reminded that, just like Yahweh, Tigare is quite incapable of helping us). However, I will choose Tigare over Yahweh because religion is like the stench that you produce when you have diarrhea. I can tolerate my own stench; I cannot tolerate the diarrhea stench coming from abroad.


sosket :shock:
rastaman
MSc
MSc
 
Posts: 15308
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:02 am
Location: "Humble African Passing through Babylon"

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:56 am

OPIAMENSA wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
Janet wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:HU SONG
http://www.eckankar.org/hu.html

How do people who are unable to speak sing Hu?


You can sing HU inwardly.
I used to laugh so hard whenever you posted anything eck on this forum. I moved on to a sneering laugh when you started the spiritual exercise thread. I am aghast as to how you Kwame and other Ghanaians continue to deceive yourselves with a cocktail of imported, made up nonsense such as this. They do not have to provide you with any evidence. All they need from you is a grade 1 imagination and the ability to daydream (and maybe the ability to sniff the fumes from the tailpipe of a Kwesimintsim trotro.
I have since stopped laughing because about 90% of my countrymen believe in such crap! It is not very funny anymore. The future of my country and continent is at stake when we accept everything imported without due diligence and evidence.
Tigare help us! (although I am constantly reminded that, just like Yahweh, Tigare is quite incapable of helping us). However, I will choose Tigare over Yahweh because religion is like the stench that you produce when you have diarrhea. I can tolerate my own stench; I cannot tolerate the diarrhea stench coming from abroad.


Hi Opiamensa,
Thanks to your earlier question,this topic went into overdrive with over 5000 hits in a short period of time.This has trigered further questions that has shed a little light on things l hold dearly.
As for your point that your country and continent accepts everything imported without due diligence and evidence,l respectfully disagree with you.
Hearing about HU shouldn't stop you laughing.lt is a love song that opens the heart to divine love.
The ECK teaching went underground due to religious prosecution in Egypt 3000 years ago and only resurfaced in 1965.
Our elders,Nananom knew about HU long before 1965.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the topic.Good luck with your Tigare Worship.
The most important thing is finding divine love and opening your heart to love.That is what matters really.lf you find this in Tigare,why not? Stay there.
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Location: London

Postby Q' lypse » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:59 am

OPIAMENSA wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:
Janet wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:HU SONG
http://www.eckankar.org/hu.html

How do people who are unable to speak sing Hu?


You can sing HU inwardly.
I used to laugh so hard whenever you posted anything eck on this forum. I moved on to a sneering laugh when you started the spiritual exercise thread. I am aghast as to how you Kwame and other Ghanaians continue to deceive yourselves with a cocktail of imported, made up nonsense such as this. They do not have to provide you with any evidence. All they need from you is a grade 1 imagination and the ability to daydream (and maybe the ability to sniff the fumes from the tailpipe of a Kwesimintsim trotro.
I have since stopped laughing because about 90% of my countrymen believe in such crap! It is not very funny anymore. The future of my country and continent is at stake when we accept everything imported without due diligence and evidence.
Tigare help us! (although I am constantly reminded that, just like Yahweh, Tigare is quite incapable of helping us). However, I will choose Tigare over Yahweh because religion is like the stench that you produce when you have diarrhea. I can tolerate my own stench; I cannot tolerate the diarrhea stench coming from abroad.


ehi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc
 
Posts: 19953
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby Q' lypse » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:10 am

Janet wrote:
Kwame Nyame 64 wrote:HU SONG
http://www.eckankar.org/hu.html

How do people who are unable to speak sing Hu?


what a question
User avatar
Q' lypse
MSc
MSc
 
Posts: 19953
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:36 pm

Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Location: London

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:14 am

Unruly Thoughts

Unruly thoughts are the enemy of the individual practicing the Spiritual Exercises of ECK. In contemplation, as the mind responds to different stimuli, thoughts crop up continuously.

Watch these thoughts as they arise. Soon you will be aware of thoughts following so closely one upon another that they resemble a river. Gaze unperturbed at the interminable flow of thoughts as if you were sitting on a riverbank watching the water flow past.

Do not try to stop any thought process at this stage, just rise above it. The effort to stop a thought from arising inevitably creates other thoughts. Leave unshaped any concept or idea which appears; become indifferent to these thoughts, neither trying to stop them nor fall under their influence. Work from the Atma Plane, the Soul region, unconcerned with what the mind has to say or how it acts.

Imagine the mind is like a small child looking with interest at a toy. The mind is nothing more than a small child which sometimes becomes unruly and wants attention. Handle the mind as you would a small child.

This stage is called the first resting place. If you are successful to this point, you will have attained freedom from the mental tyranny of thoughts and be ready for greater spiritual tasks.

—Sri Harold Klemp
The Spiritual Exercises of ECK
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Location: London

Postby Kwame Nyame 64 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:06 pm

Bypassing the Mind

This spiritual exercise can help you bypass the mind, which tends to get stuck in a routine. If you have done a spiritual exercise enough times that it becomes a routine, the mind says, "I know this path"—and immediately runs ahead and puts up blocks.

So you trick the mind by coming at the spiritual exercise from different angles. The mind is reactive, but Soul is active and without limits. You can come up with more creative exercises than the mind can find blocks for.

For a month, alternate the following spiritual exercise with your regular one. You can do this exercise one night, use your regular spiritual exercise the second night, then try this one again the third night.

Imagine walking with the Master on the inner planes. Begin chanting a word which is similar to HU: HUUUACH (HU-ach). It begins with a rough H, as is used in the German or Greek languages, then forms into a soft, drawn-out HUU-ach.

All ECK words, or names for God on the different planes, are derivatives of HU. The word given during an ECK initiation is a name for God from a specific plane, tailored to your particular vibration. These names are given for your spiritual upliftment and can be used for your Soul Travel adventures and journeys.

—Sri Harold Klemp
The Spiritual Exercises of ECK

More Info: www.eckankar.org
Kwame Nyame 64
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Location: London

PreviousNext

Return to Osofo Joint (religion)



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest