Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Is he Africa's Greatest.....???

Discuss boxing and other sports

Moderator: deciiva

Postby Empire of Victory » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:13 pm

Doctor No wrote:Africa's greatest ever boxer is penis Tiger Ihetu of Nigeria...you better believe that.

Penis Tiger eh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How many loses did that loser take in his prime!! He was useless! How many major belts did he win???
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Location: Winners Club: It's about winning. We are the new Black Stars an African footballing EMPIRE!

Postby Empire of Victory » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:14 pm

Kofi Jolof wrote:
Yesu y3 Ghanani... wrote:
Kofi Jolof wrote:
Yesu y3 Ghanani... wrote:We are talking about world class boxing you UGANDAN PIG! NOT garbage and trash!! No one has achieved what the professor did!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Get out of my face or I will come at you like the professor use to!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

We all know he's Ugandan...why add his nationality to the insult? This is no different from Luis Aragones or John Terry adding "black" to insult Thierry Henry or Anton Ferdinand :idea:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay loser!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You Ghanaian DOG!!!

Do you honestly think if he had called him a British Bastard it would have been an issue??/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get your dumb typing out of my face!!

Ok. When Luis Aragones called Thierry Henry "a black son of a bitch" or John Terry (allegedly) called Anton Ferdinand "a black cunt" I hope you weren't outraged. Some insults can stand on their own w/o adding nationality/race/ethnicity esp. when those affiliations are already obvious.

Nationality is not the same thing as race you moron..
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Location: Winners Club: It's about winning. We are the new Black Stars an African footballing EMPIRE!

Postby Kwame Banahene » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:24 pm

Yesu y3 Ghanani... wrote:YES!!!

Yes!
Kwame Banahene
BSc
BSc

Postby Hassim » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:32 am

The Ugandan... wrote:
Hassim wrote:
The Ugandan... wrote:
Hassim wrote:
The Ugandan... wrote:
dr.luv wrote:
The Ugandan... wrote:
dr.luv wrote:
The Ugandan... wrote:Africa is not Ghana. :twisted:

John "The Beast" Mugabi was a bigger boxer. There is also Kassim Ouma “The Dream." A south paw and an ardent student of the sweet science. :lol:
And then there is Sharif Bogere. :lol: :lol:

How come CNN doesn't know them? :lol:
In case you didn't know, CNN is not an all knowing organization. They also have agendas to push too.

The question is do you know them? Any casual follower of the sweet science knows these guys.

I don't know them and not sure if CNN has an agenda to push nelson...

You've got to be kidding! Marvin Haggler vs John "The Beast" Mugabi was a classic.

Kassim Ouma's story alone will win you over, but when you see him at his best, you will be floored.

Sharif Bogere is a legend in the making.

CNN has several agendas. This is their feel good story. However, if you want a more touching story look up Kassim Ouma "The Dream."
Nelson should be applauded for what he has done and continues to do for the sport and Ghana. That alone makes him bigger than the rest.

You are obviously confusing the objective of this story. It is about selecting THE GREATEST AFRICAN BOXER, not the most moving sob story. Yes we are all aware that Kassim Ouma was an abducted child soldier who eventually escaped to win a world title (?154 lbs.). Yes that's a very touching feel-good story but it does not necessarily put him in the running for greatest African boxer.

Now here's a question for you: Would you in all honesty vote John Mugabi, Kassim Ouma, or the other "John Schmo" into the International Boxing Hall of Fame?.......I didn't think so.

When we talk about the Greatest African Boxer, the only boxer who comes close to giving Azumah any meaningful challenge is Di*ck Tiger of Nigeria. Now go and wash your mouth with soap for daring to suggest that those 3 yahoos deserve any consideration for that lofty title. :oops:
You don't know what you're talking about. "The Beast" was a better boxer ( and a hall of famer) than your idol.

Wait a minute: Are we talking about the same John Mugabi who was nearly decapitated by "Terrible" Terry Norris, losing his jr. middleweight title BY FIRST ROUND KNOCK-OUT? :shock: .....The same John Mugabi who was destroyed by Gerald "The G-Man" Mcllelan, again BY FIRST ROUND KNOCK-OUT? Do you, sir, have no sense of shame mentioning this loser's name, in the same breath, as The Professor's?

I rest my case.
At the end, the Beast took on fights he didn't prepare for and paid the price but that doesn't take away from the fact that he was a good boxer and is a hall of famer. :twisted:

The professor went in first because he fought before "the Beast" was born. :)

I see you got some more excuses. Not to worry, I see it as my brotherly duty to quash those funny excuses as you come up with them, and hopefully provide some education in the process. Here's the deal:

1) Mugabi made his name by knocking out a bunch of no-name tomato cans. The only live bodies he fought were Marvin Hagler, Terry Norris, Gerald Mcllelan, and Duane Thomas. Those fights were all TITLE FIGHTS so the excuse that he did not prepare for them won't wash with me. Oh, did I mention that he lost all four fights?......by knock-out?......And in the Thomas fight he got his face so badly re-arranged that he needed surgery to put it back together? Some legend!

2) Mugabi is not in the International Boxing Hall of Fame for a reason; he sucked! Will he ever make it in there like the Professor? Fat Chance! See, boxers become eligible for induction 5 years after their retirement. Mugabi has never even been nominated for the vote since he retired in the late 90s.That should tell you that 15 years post-retirement, the only way he gets in there is as a janitor.....as a matter of fact, ex-East African Heavyweight champ, Idi Amin Dada would have stood a better chance of sneaking in. :lol:
Hassim
BSc
BSc

Postby the pope » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:57 am

Its got to be between Azumah and penis Tiger. They were the only two African fighters who enjoyed a sustained degree of dominance in their respective weight classes at the highest level. They also beat legends en route to accomplishing their feats. John the "Beast" Mugabi was a great fighter but was put in his place when he stepped up to face the "Marvelous One" Marvin Hagler. As for Kassim Ouma. He was a short spell. Came and went like the wind. Again couldn't get past a a great fighter in Winky Wright, not even a legend by any stretch. Was ordinary at best. Mugabi, Ike Quartey and D.K. Poison were all sort of on the same level in terms of accomplishment but Azumah and penis Tiger stand alone. They were true African warriors.
the pope
BSc
BSc

Postby the pope » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:41 pm

I apologize for the misprint in my earlier posting. I wrote D-ick Tiger but for whatever reason once I submitted it, it reverted to penis instead of penis. I don't know who manages these settings but it is absolutely appalling. I have no intention of demeaning such a legend Tiger. Whoever controls this site can you please fix this error. Thank you.
the pope
BSc
BSc

Previous

Return to Boxing