Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Manny Pacquiao Vs Josh Clotttey-Pac Won By UD-Josh Won 1 Rd.

Discuss boxing and other sports

Moderator: deciiva

Manny Pacquiao Vs Josh Clotttey-Pac Won By UD-Josh Won 1 Rd.

Postby African » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:35 pm

Last edited by African on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
African
MSc
MSc

Postby Fremacious* » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:37 pm

Kai what will we do without ATDHE and My P2P :D

Thanks
Fremacious*
Phd
Phd

Postby Kpanlogo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Fremacious* wrote:Kai what will we do without ATDHE and My P2P :D

Thanks

I go wake up watch am ... 07:00am ... 08:00am UK time !! :D :D Plus mother's day for here :D :D
Kpanlogo
MSc
MSc

Postby African » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:41 pm

Thanks

Anytime, Frema. Eti sen?
African
MSc
MSc

Postby Mr Yaro » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:42 pm

Twiaaaaaa dis era folks still dey stream boxing online.....i go be there feeli feeli.....my seat is really close to da ring....i cant wait for tonite...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mr Yaro
BSc
BSc

Re: Manny Pacquiao Vs Joshua Clotttey-10pm ET, 2am GMT-Outlo

Postby BORLOR » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:44 pm

African wrote:http://atdhe.net/8921/watch-manny-pacquiao-vs-joshua-clottey

I have invited my ghanaian football team to my place for a bbq and then watch the fight on PPV. We don't really care if Clottey loses as long as he does not "disgrace" us.
BORLOR
BSc
BSc

Postby Fremacious* » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:56 pm

Kpanlogo wrote:

Thanks

I go wake up watch am ... 07:00am ... 08:00am UK time !! :D :D Plus mother's day for here :D :D

Ohh fine! :D Happy Mother's day to your mom
Fremacious*
Phd
Phd

Postby Fremacious* » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:56 pm

African wrote:

Thanks

Anytime, Frema. Eti sen?

Me ho y3 oo me daase... me bo hor d3r meter :lol: ... na wonso 3?
Fremacious*
Phd
Phd

Postby Kpanlogo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:00 pm

Fremacious* wrote:
Kpanlogo wrote:

Thanks

Ohh fine! :D Happy Mother's day to your mom

Since my mother is in Ghana .... I will "use" my wife as the woman who taught me the things I know now.. :wink: :wink:
Kpanlogo
MSc
MSc

Re: Manny Pacquiao Vs Joshua Clotttey-10pm ET, 2am GMT-Outlo

Postby Sammybee » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:01 pm

BORLOR wrote:
African wrote:http://atdhe.net/8921/watch-manny-pacquiao-vs-joshua-clottey

I have invited my ghanaian football team to my place for a bbq and then watch the fight on PPV. We don't really care if Clottey loses as long as he does not "disgrace" us.
I have already psyched myself for the lose... :lol:
Sammybee
BSc
BSc

Postby African » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:15 pm

Fremacious* wrote:
African wrote:

Thanks

Anytime, Frema. Eti sen?

Me ho y3 oo me daase... me bo hor d3r meter :lol: ... na wonso 3?

Me wo y3 paa. I can't wait to give it to my many Filipino Clients/Friends
African
MSc
MSc

Postby paabo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:44 pm

Budo Yaw Yaro wrote:Twiaaaaaa dis era folks still dey stream boxing online.....i go be there feeli feeli.....my seat is really close to da ring....i cant wait for tonite...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are now on record to post some photo evidence of that here, after the fight! :lol: please don't do an Apus on us :lol:
paabo
Professor
Professor

Postby African » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:12 pm

The man Joshua faces tonight: :shock: :shock: :shock:

FORT WORTH — For years, Manny Pacquiao has possessed the ability to paralyze a nation, to freeze 96 million Filipino citizens and hypnotize them with every punch.

Yet, his influence grows.

He forced Oscar de la Hoya to quit.

He destroyed Ricky Hatton in two short rounds.

He systematically dismantled Miguel Cotto.

On Saturday, the fighter regarded as the best pound-for-pound in the world returns to the ring against Joshua Clottey at Cowboys Stadium to defend the WBO world welterweight title.

The Philippine Islands make up only a portion of the Pacquiao universe.

“I am expecting a lot of Mexican fans to be at the fight,” Pacquiao said during a teleconference.

Pacquiao, 31, reigns as the boxer of this generation, dabbles as a singer, aspires to be a political candidate and continues to grow in popularity, whether with Mexican fight fans or the late-night television crowd.

Boxing society has evolved to a point where race doesn't matter as much as the individual fighter's ability to induce a thumping heartbeat and uncontrollable screams pleading for a knockout.

“PacMan” provides just this with fists that fly like uninhibited falcons, feet that glide like a marble on ice and a willingness to fight as if he wore an invulnerability cape.

Boxing trainer Vincent Reyes of Fort Worth, Texas, serves as an integral part of both the Mexican community and the local boxing scene.

“He's beat the top Mexican fighters and the Mexican fans like a crowd pleaser,” Reyes said. “He's certainly a crowd pleaser. He's not boring. The Mexican fans want action and that's what he gives.”

George Rincon holds a Texas State Golden Gloves championship and at 18 sits fully entrenched in pop culture awareness. The Hispanic fighter and his father both appreciate the pure fighting skills Pacquiao exhibits and consider him the fighter of this generation.

In fact, the boxing community thought it laughable that Tiger Woods, a golfer, was named the “athlete” of the decade. The notion that someone in a non-contact sport, who demands complete quiet, doesn't worry about opposition hindering his efforts and walks during his competition is simply ridiculous.

“I believe in boxing you have to be tough,” Rincon said. “When you say you are a boxer, that's saying a lot. When you say you are a boxer, you are a true athlete.”

Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum said having Hispanic fighters on Saturday's undercard helps sell the bout locally. However, he suggested the Mexican population has embraced Pacquiao because of his accomplishments. Pacquiao became the first fighter in history to win seven world titles in seven weight classes.

“Our goal when we started with Manny was to break him out from the Filipino base that he had,” Arum said. “We were able to pick up millions of Hispanic fans and we have broken him into the general conscience of the people around the world.

“He is truly a crossover star. How many fighters of our time go on Jimmy Kimmel Live and go on Good Morning America and have a big article coming out in Time magazine? I think that is saying something.”

Something else to be said is that Pacquiao plans to run for Congress in the Philippines with campaigning beginning on March 26.

If he wins, it certainly will force him to split time between political service and jumping rope, working the speed bag and knocking people out.

“After the fight I will go back to the Philippines and start campaigning,” Pacquiao said. “It is going to be busy. I want to pass some bills that will be good for the livelihood of the people there and education for the children.”

As for Rincon, he'll continue to support/emulate Pacquiao as long as his career lasts.

“He has speed and power, good defense and offense and he's very aggressive,” Rincon said. “He has been beating the top Hispanic fighters and to me it doesn't matter. It's not about his race.”
African
MSc
MSc

Postby African » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:15 pm

I think Joshua will just do his best, collect the $1m and run.
African
MSc
MSc

Postby Palacas » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:45 pm

African wrote:I think Joshua will just do his best, collect the $1m and run.

he will collect about 3 mil. just hope he doesn't pay too much for it :lol: :lol:
Palacas
SSS
SSS

Postby opambour » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:12 pm

Budo Yaw Yaro wrote:Twiaaaaaa dis era folks still dey stream boxing online.....i go be there feeli feeli.....my seat is really close to da ring....i cant wait for tonite...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wateva mate :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
opambour
BSc
BSc

Postby JT » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:22 pm

if i was Clottey i will see this as a Tyson moment and kill myself to win this bout......but my mind tells me he is entering the bout for the money...Niggas gotta eat :lol:
JT
MSc
MSc

Postby Striker » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:12 am

Manny has never fought anybody like Clottey. I put my money on the Grandmaster :D

Clottey defense is none like Pacman has ever before, plus he is a legit welterweight. Main advantage though is that Clottey is a technical fighter not a brawler. The proud latinos (cotto, castillo, DLH, Marquez) all decided to brawl with pacman which spelled doom cos of dudes speed and power.

I can see Pacman getting frustrated in the middle rounds once he realizes that his face shots are being blocked and body shots are not doing much damage. Our bukom brother would then proceed to dominate the middle - late rounds with that right forehand and 2-3 hook combos. The main thing is that Clottey does not stop fighting in 11-12 rds like he did against Cotto.

striker's prediction - Clottey by UD
Striker
MSc
MSc

Postby el Padrino » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:16 am

Bold prediction Striker. Never underestimate Pac's "popularity" That might tip it in his favor.
el Padrino
Phd
Phd

Postby Kwakwe Last Stop » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:16 am

$ikadecious wrote:
JT wrote:if i was Clottey i will see this as a Tyson moment and kill myself to win this bout......but my mind tells me he is entering the bout for the money...Niggas gotta eat :lol:

Typical Ghanaian mind on display.............................

What is new from Mr. Bamfo? :shock:
Kwakwe Last Stop
Phd
Phd

Next

Return to Boxing